Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@pwnstar: Flipping during labour sounds awful! I think I need to think some positive thoughts as well. I've let it get me down and there's still plenty of time for babe to move again. My last labour was so hard and I was hoping for an easier time this time. And wow.... family can be so rude sometimes.

@coopsmama: What is it with MIL who just want to pose for photos with the baby. This is seriously my MIL and it drove me up the wall last time

@Aandmklover: DH is taking 1 week paternity and 3 weeks PTO. I think this is why I am not worried about freezer prep since he will be home with me for a good while.

@OldpuebloJenn: That sounds a lot like my labour except DD was Asynclitic instead of sunny side, so she came out sideways. Water was the only thing that got me through, it was 13 hours and felt so chaotic. And what a day! The end of pregnancy is so glamorous

@coopsmama: Thanks for mentioning snacks. I should probably stock up on those at least

@agold: It all depends on where you feel the movement. If you're feeling feet only then bub is probably not posterior. If you're feeling a lot of hands and feet then it might be.

@pregnantbee: Someone posted a good list on the gold thread the other week, I think it was @Shootingstar:

AFM I am having some serious pelvic pain on the left side and just feel miserable and done in general.

2. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@AprilFool: Found it, thanks! And thanks, @shootingstar:

I'm also feeling "done," even though I know it's best for baby to stay for...oh, 4 more weeks.

3. MrsBeluga

apricot / 442 posts

Hi ladies! I am so impressed with that freezer list! We just did a major Costco dry food/pantry run, wherein we stalked up on 2 of everything we usually get, 2 cases of coffee, 2 cases of smart water, 2 cases of bottled water, 2 cases of crackers, anything non-refrigerated, etc. We don't have a deep freezer so the plan is to run out and try to get whatever we can that will fit in the normal freezer the week I am due, and also to use and rely on food delivery services for at least that first two weeks...

Also, as mentioned before my work switched insurance effective Friday, today I was able to get my medical record same day, and was able to book a transfer appt for next week with my old OBGYN. I feel like a 1000 pound rock has been lifted off my chest knowing that the transfer appt is scheduled and everything will be smooth sailing from here on out. Perhaps all of the stress of switching insurances means I get an easy delivery

4. MrsBeluga

apricot / 442 posts

@pregnantbee: My boss keeps asking how I am doing, and I keep telling him that I am surviving, because thats how I feel too :).

5. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@Aandmklover: about the deep freezer, do it! We just got one a couple weeks ago after our shower so we could house all the extra bbq leftovers! I've slowly been adding frozen fruit baggies, veggies and will make some frozen meals. I'm also hoping to use it for freezing a BM stash.

6. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@T.H.O.U.: ditto on freezer! it's been super helpful already!

7. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@pregnantbee: ours is a 7cuft chest freezer and I think it's a perfect size (about 4ft wide)

8. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@MrsBeluga: I'm so glad your insurance transfer has been going smoothly! I feel you. No change in insurance here but the past week has just been all around hell around here on that matter. We've had the runaround from DH's insurance for his cPap that we got in April with out of network issues (they originally approved it), adding the baby to DH's insurance that changes pretty much when I'm due, dealing with my insurance ect! It's so much and so many phone calls and waiting!
    We also had an appointment pushed back this week for our dogs shots. DH' eye doctor called to reschedule (after 3 weeks of waiting for this one!), our ice machine broke in our newish fridge, our septic is on the fritz because it's power was somehow tripped off in the last power outage, and I now have weekly OB appointments due to my BP rising (wonder why!!) SO. MUCH. GOING. ON. KILL ME NOW!!

I just want to buy a kiddy pool from Amazon and whale out in it in the backyard. Is that too much to ask?!

9. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@mrschickpea: Thanks for the input. Will have to research!

10. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@mrschickpea: xo that's a lot! Can you find a friend with a pool? Life changing.

11. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

Just bought myself the Lillebaby Airflow -- let's see how that goes I want to carry baby and not be overly hot. Woot. I think I'll do much better with the SSC than a wrap (loooooved the Ergo).

12. Aandmklover

kiwi / 506 posts

Got a new diaper bag today! Yay! I've been using the bag I got with my first son and I'm so excited for something new. It's a Ju Ju Be BFF. I wanted something that could be a backpack because we babywear a lot in this house.

I think I may have scored a free deep freezer. My SIL's dad passed away like 8 years ago and he was a hunter so he had it to freeze meat but her months doesn't use it. As long as we arrange to pick it up it's ours. I just hope it's it good working order still.

@pregnantbee: I've never used a lillebaby I can imagine that it's going to be glorious.

@mrschickpea: awe man it seems like you just can't catch a break. I hope everything turns around. Like being pregnant isn't stressful enough.

I'm so surprised to hear about husbands taking so much time off. I thought two weeks was great but now I'm getting a little envious. Lol

13. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

So it's 4am here and I'm trying not to freak out. I started a separate thread on this, but at my NST today my protein was +1. BP was fine though and they didn't seem super concerned. I kinda just figured I was just heading down the path of pre-eclampsia/borderline pre-eclampsia again. They told me just watch out for certain things, like a headache that doesn't go away with meds.

So of course last night I got a headache. I took Tylenol and it got better but didn't go away. I woke up at 3 with a raging headache. Decided to chance taking an excedrin and no improvement. Came downstairs to take more Tylenol and check my BP, which has now been both 150/90 and 144/90. Anything over 140/90 is cause for concern 😕.

DH and DS are sleeping. I don't really want to call my OB because their response will likely be to go to the hospital, which is 40 mins away. Ugh thanks for letting me vent.

14. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@ShootingStar: That sounds scary! Thinking of you and baby. What do you think you're going to do?

15. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@ShootingStar: how are you doing?

16. Umberto

grape / 75 posts

@ShootingStar: Scary stuff, did you end up calling your OB/going to hospital? I hope you and baby are ok.

17. mossyslane

cherry / 215 posts

@ShootingStar: I'm so sorry you had such a rough night. Hoping things are looking up. I'm going in for a recheck this morning after having protein and elevated BP at my last appointment--it's so strange not to know how things will go. Wishing you and your baby the best.

18. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

I'm still at home. Around 5am my BP finally went down below 140/90 and my headache got marginally better so I went back to bed. When I got up this morning headache was back in full force and BP was high again. I keep checking it and it's hovering around 140/90.

19. T.H.O.U.

@ShootingStar: I would say its at least time for a call to your doctor! Maybe they can get you in to check you at the regular office versus going to the hospital?

20. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@ShootingStar: id call! They had me go to L&D for a bad headache (migraine) and I don't have your history. It sucks, but at least when I was there a very sweet nurse took very good care of me to make sure I was comfortable while they monitored me for a few hours. I hope everything's okay!

21. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@ShootingStar: Oh, no! Sounds like it's time to call your dr. I hope everything is ok. Please keep us posted?

22. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@ShootingStar: thinking of you! please keep us posted

23. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@ShootingStar: Sorry you had a scary night, I hope you get some answers today!

24. MRSWHIT1

pea / 15 posts

So I had my 37 week appointment yesterday, I still haven't dilated any😑 But we went ahead and scheduled my induction for July 10, I'll go in at 7pm! I'm soooo excited but nervous!

Also. How do y'all feel about MIL in the delivery room? My hubs said his mom would like to be in there and we have a good relationship but idk. Hahaha. She doesn't have any daughters so it's not like she will ever get to experience it for her actual daughter... I told him that was fine but ya know.. 😁😁

25. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@ShootingStar: Thinking of you!

26. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@MRSWHIT1: my MIL zaps all my good energy most times we're in the same space, so I'd say no. But if we had a good relationship, I might feel differently.

27. T.H.O.U.

@Aandmklover: Yea for the BFF bag and the deep freezer! We figured as long as it worked and was reliable enough that it wasn't going to mess up and defrost milk it was good to try for the time being.

28. T.H.O.U.

July 24: Thismustbetheplace (#2) - 36 w, 2 d
    July 25: APRILFOOL (#2) - 36 w, 1 d
    July 26: Umberto (#1 ) - 36 w, 0 d
    July 28: TeawithPaloma (#2) - 35 w, 5 d
    July 30: dcw6411 (#3 ) - 35 w, 3 d
    July 30: pregnantbee (#2 ) - 35 w, 3 d
    July 30: mossyslane (#2 ) - 35 w, 3 d
    July 31: AANDMKLOVER (#3 ) - 35 w, 2 d
    August 1: MrsBeluga (#2 ) - 35 w, 1 d
    August 2: coffeemom (#2 ) - 35 w, 0 d
    August 8: mrschickpea (#1 ) - 34 w, 1 d
    August 11: silva (#2 ) - 33 w, 5 d
    August 11: coopsmama (#3 ) - 33 w, 5 d
    August 13: glitter (#2 ) - 33 w, 3 d
    August 16: oldpuebloJenn (#2 ) - 33 w, 0 d
    August 16: MrsSCB (#1 ) - 33 w, 0 d
    August 16: T.H.O.U. (#3 ) - 33 w, 0 d
    August 17: KOALAHUGZ (#2 ) - 32 w, 6 d
    August 18: pwnstar (#2 ) - 32 w, 5 d
    August 19: stratosphere (#2 C/S 8/16) - 32 w, 4 d
    August 20: jojogirl (#2 ) - 32 w, 5 d
    August 22: shootingstar (#2 C/S 8/16) - 32 w, 1 d
    August 24: agold (#1 ) - 31 w, 6 d
    August 25: LCTBQE (#1 ) - 31 w, 5 d
    August 28: mrskerch (#1 ) - 31 w, 2 d
    August 29: clairhuxtable (#2 ) - 31 w, 1 d
    August 30: pirouette (#2 ) - 31 w, 0 d

29. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@ShootingStar: happy low BP thoughts!

@MRSWHIT1: literally over my dead body. But there's no love lost between my MIL and me. If you are open to it, I'd say okay, with the understanding that at any time you can ask anyone to leave.

Anyone have a hospital bag list they are willing to share on this board?

30. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@ShootingStar: Keep us posted - hope things calm down for you (and that you get some relief from your headache!).

@MRSWHIT1: That would be a HARD no from me, for lots of reasons, a few of which I'll share. When things started to go sideways during my delivery, there were so many people in my room (the door was constantly opening and closing) and it was really stressful and hectic. I know a lot of women say that they just didn't care about what was on display or to whom during labor, but I am not one of those women, and I hated that my bits were on a table illuminated by (essentially) flood lights for what felt like the hundreds of people in the room to see. And then there was the hemorrhage . . . DH has an awesome poker face, and even I could see the look of panic in his face as more and more people came flooding into the room. But probably my biggest reason for saying no to everyone, including my mom, was that I wanted it to just be DH and I . . . so many other moments are going to be shared, but this one was just for us.

31. T.H.O.U.

@OldpuebloJenn: I dont have a specific list but the one thing I do want to pack is some face wipes in case I am not ready for a shower but want a clean face!

32. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@MRSWHIT1: I think it really depends on your relationship, and also how you feel about other people being there in general. I don't even want my OWN mom in the delivery room (and we have a great relationship) so definitely wouldn't want my MIL. But I'm also very private in general, so will only have DH there. Yay for having a date set!

33. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@ShootingStar: May I repost your hospital list here from the gold thread? I'll edit out your husband's name if you want and will also add other things I'm planning to pack.

Obviously your list is awesome or I wouldn't ask

34. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@pregnantbee: of course! Don't worry about editing it, not sure his extremely common first name will give any clues to my identity 😝.

Thanks for the support everyone. I called this morning and originally they wanted me to come to the office, then they changed their minds and said labor and delivery would be better. I just got here, still have a headache and when I last checked my BP this morning it was 143/93. We'll see what their monitors say.

35. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@ShootingStar: Hugs. I hope everything is ok with both you and baby. And thanks re list. I think the others will also find it great!

36. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

Hospital Bag list courtesy @ShootingStar:

Items marked with an * are edited or added by me!

Miscellaneous
    [ ] Wallet with ID and Insurance Card
    [ ] Boppy / *other nursing pillow
    *[ ] Snacks for DH and for you in case cafe is closed after labor/delivery (trail mix, protein bars, etc.)
    [ ] Pillow (in non-white case)
    [ ] Solly Wrap
    *[ ] Birth plan (2 copies)
    *[ ] Water bottle if you have a favorite (hospital gave me one, and I was fine with that)

Electronics
    [ ] Phone
    *[ ] Phone Charger (extra long cable if possible b/c sometimes outlets can be far away from where you are)
    *[ ] Laptop and charger
    *[ ] eBook reader or other device/charger

Toiletries
    [ ] Contact Solution
    [ ] Toothbrush
    [ ] Toothpaste
    [ ] Deodorant
    [ ] Brush/comb
    *[ ] Hair Ties / headband
    *[ ] Makeup (good for pics!)
    *[ ] Hair dryer / hair products
    *[ ] Nipple cream - my hospital provided Lansinoh, but I liked Motherlove so much better
    *[ ] Lip balm (lips were so dry after L&D)

Clothing
    *[ ] PJs (nursing friendly)
    [ ] Slippers
    [ ] Socks
    *[ ] Yoga Pants and/ loose-fitting pants like gauchos (dark color!)
    [ ] Tank/tees - 2
    [ ] Shorts
    [ ] Hoodie
    [ ] Nursing bra
    [ ] Go home outfit - me
    [ ] Flip flops for shower
    *[ ] Light and comfy bathrobe (I got one from Target with 3/4 sleeves 4 years ago - good for visitors and easy bf access)

Baby
    [ ] Going home outfit
    [ ] Blanket for carseat
    [ ] Baby Bag - put in trunk

And I found my old diaper bag list and updated that too:
    - 5 Diapers + wipes in diaper clutch
    - 2 extra outfits
    - 1 bottle
    - nursing cover
    - wet bag
    - A&A blanket
    - burp cloths
    - antibac
    - pacifier
    - paci clip
    - Nursing pads

I'd add: birth plan and more. On my phone now so will edit and post more from my computer later. @T.H.O.U.: adds face wipes.

ETA: OK, I added more things as of 11:30 a.m.

37. T.H.O.U.

A few other things we will probably add to our list:

For us:
    - Water bottle for me (I prefer my good one to the hospital cup and straw)
    - Water bottle for DH (with DD1 - there was an ugly soda cup in the back of all our pictures )
    - Snacks for me after birth (we only get standard hospital meals and I was starving when I delivered in the middle of the night)
    - Extra pillow with bright pillow case (hospital doesn't have a lot of extra pillows for mom or dad).
    - CHAP STICK

For baby
    - Extra socks
    - Special baby hat (just for fun since they are just in the hospital shirt/blanket)

-Cash/Change for vending machines (the cafeteria is like a 10-15 minute walk)
    - Parking coins for visitors

Also - I would leave any wraps/carriers at home. Our hospital is really strict that you aren't allowed to walk around and hold the baby. They have to be in the basinet and pushed.

38. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Our hospital allows you to baby wear - they just have to be in a carrier OR the bassinet. My husband walked our daughter around all night in the Moby after she was born so I could rest (bringing her in to nurse, of course). Hospital policy here requires the wrap though.

39. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@ShootingStar: I'm hoping that you're okay. Keep us updated. I'm glad you called and went in.

40. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

I'm feeling really anxious about going so far away for a week. I know there is such a miniscule chance of me going into labor, but it still has me a little on edge. I have my 34-week appt Friday so I guess I can ask them about it.
    I mean, I know they have hospitals in Maine. But can you imagine how inconvenient it would be to deliver a baby, prematurely, 5 hours away from home? 😳

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee