Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@ShootingStar: I hope everything is going alright, I'm thinking of you!

2. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@Silva: If you do go, ask your OB for a copy of your records. That way if you have to be seen by a different hospital they can have all your history.

3. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@ShootingStar: I'm so sorry you are having these blood pressure and headache issues!! Such a bummer. Please update. I'm hoping for the best for you.

And thank you for your hospital bag list!

@pregnantbee: Thank you for sharing and adding to the list!

@T.H.O.U.: Thanks for sharing your list, too! Why the bright colored pillow case? And I laughed about you having an ugly soda can in the pictures. That's something that would bother me forever, too.

4. T.H.O.U.

@agold: Just because when you move rooms or they come to clean the room, its easy to identify that its a personal pillow and not a pillow from the hospital. Also it can make pictures a bit prettier!

5. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

ZIKA QUESTION:

So.... I got bite about 10 times by something on Saturday night. The bites are itchy and I will just assume it was a mosquito, because, why not? If this happened to you girls, would you be concerned about Zika? I live in southern California, a couple of hours north of the Mexican border. Should I panic and ask to be induced and deliver my baby today to avoid a Zika risk???

6. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Got it. That's what I was thinking. So a bright AND pretty pillow case.

7. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: I don't think there are actual Zika carrying mosquitoes in the US, so I prob wouldn't worry? Care to chime in, ladies?

8. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@agold: @pregnantbee: Yes, so far no local transmission of Zika in the U.S. And I know public health officials have been testing mosquitoes around here, so I'm guessing they probably are in other areas they think may be prone to this type of mosquito. Also, if it was at night, the type of mosquito that carries Zika typically bites during the daytime. I wouldn't worry!

9. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

OK, I updated the list on the previous page.

10. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pregnantbee: @MrsSCB: Phew. And thank you for the very specific info regarding day-versus-night mosquitoes! Who would have thought there would be a difference? This was definitely at night because I was in the pool until after the sun had set and the bites are on my feet and lower legs. Phew. I don't need to eject baby prematurely as a prophylactic safety measure!

11. T.H.O.U.

@agold: I asked my OB about it when I went in last time (getting bites). He said right now without symptoms of Zika (fever chills etc) they wont even test for Zika. He said he had another patient who was actually a NICU nurse who traveled to a Zika zone and was TTC so she wanted to get tested and without symptoms they wouldn't even test her.

12. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Thanks. Great to know. I have an appointment on Thursday so I will mention it then just to be cautious. But I'm not going to worry about it anymore. Although, I wonder how quickly the symptoms appear? And how quickly is the baby affected?

13. T.H.O.U.

@agold: Sadly I think since there is no treatment, it really doesn't matter the timeline....

14. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@T.H.O.U.: But I could be induced and get the baby out. Zika is such a crazy, random thing. I was so bummed when I heard about it. Like, as soon as I get pregnant, there is some horrible risk to pregnant women.

15. T.H.O.U.

@agold: Yea, ask the OB. I think symptoms for the infected person are within a week or so. Not sure how long (or maybe immediate) it would be for it to infect the baby.

ETA - for right now I'm just trying to take comfort in the numbers that are 0 locally transmitted cases. So everyone else is people that have travelled. I'm doing the best I can to protect myself and thats all I can do. The odds would be really really odd/crazy for me to be the ONE person to get infected here.

16. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@agold: I think the only way to diagnose Zika is via blood test. If you're worried, call your provider and ask to have a blood test done? The window for testing is pretty small--7 days.

17. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I am trying to take comfort in the stats, also. But there's always that first person to get something. I don't want it to be me! Hahaha. I'm really only half way stressing about this. But half stress is still stress!

@pwnstar: Good to know about the 7 day window. I will be at 5 days when I go to my OB appointment so I'll be in that window.

18. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@agold: I would give them a heads up about your concerns before your appointment, just to make sure they can make any necessary arrangements, if need be.

19. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@agold: the last report from the CDC and WHO shows that the risk to fetus is in the first tri, not the third. Baby's brain is developed and safe now, even if by some chance you did catch it.

20. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: That's what I was going to say.

I wouldn't be concerned at all, @agold:

21. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@ShootingStar: Thinking of you! Update us when you can!

22. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

Yes, @ShootingStar: update? cc @CoffeeMom:

23. Aandmklover

kiwi / 506 posts

@ShootingStar: thinking about you Hun!! Hope all is well.

Some things I make sure to pack:
    *extra long phone cord, sometimes the closest outlet is far away.
    *hair ties and headbands
    *my own blanket. It didn't get used until after birth of course but it was so nice having a soft blanket and not a crunchy bleached one. Plus we used it as a background for the hospital photos

Had my 35 weeks appointment. Got the Group B Strep swab done and she checked me. 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced.

24. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pwnstar: Good thought. Thanks.

@OldpuebloJenn: I've been wondering about that. Thank you! Phew.

@coopsmama: Thank you for saying that. My concern is significantly diminished at this point.

25. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@Aandmklover: That's great progress for 35 weeks.

26. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@agold: Regardless of the diminished concern, bug bites completely suck. Hope they stop itching and go away asap!!

27. MrsBeluga

apricot / 442 posts

@Aandmklover: I have my OB transfer appt next Weds, I will be 36 weeks, and am hoping to get checked too, I want to dilate already!

28. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@Silva: I hope you still go! You were so excited when you got the go ahead from your doctor. At least talk it out with them, is if possible to do a babymoon closer? Or next to a hospital?!

29. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

Hey guys, everything's fine here. I was at the hospital all afternoon and then came home and fell asleep. Basically I just have a migraine. I think the headache was driving my BP up. They did a ton of labs and an NST and both baby and I looked good. No spilling protein today, which was good.

30. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@ShootingStar: huge sigh of relief! Glad you got some good news AND some rest!

31. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@ShootingStar: so glad to hear that! Keep cooking that babe!

32. Umberto

grape / 75 posts

@ShootingStar: Happy to hear things have settled down, BP stuff makes me nervous!

Hello all from first day of maternity leave! I'm taking 12 months off, although around Christmas I'll begin looking for a different job because I don't really want to go back to mine.
    36 weeks and still feeling suprisingly good (with some aches and trouble sleeping of course), definitely waiting for the penny to drop and everything to be awful! BP is thankfully still behaving despite my issues back at 20 weeks.
    Things are getting done slowly, DH and I have big to-do lists around the house (admittedly mum helps a lot with my stuff!). Apparently baby is quite low, and OB said don't be surprised if she comes a couple weeks early... I'm not sure why she thinks that because I don't have internal checks and have only had the normal BH contractions that I've had for months. I certainly don't feel any pressure down there or like she's coming any time soon??

33. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: im definitely going, unless something crazy happens between now and Saturday! My parents will be there with us, so if something happened they'd be able to help with our daughter, and we have friends that live in the nearest city, so we could stay with them if needed. My husband and I talked through the "worst case scenario" plan and I feel much better

34. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@coopsmama: seriously. Itching bug bites on the top of my swollen feet is really grossing me out! Ha!

@ShootingStar: so glad all is okay. But bummer about the migraine. Have you gotten one of those before?

@Umberto: congratulations on making it to maternity leave!!!

35. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@ShootingStar: Oh, glad it was nothing harmful for you or baby BUT sorry about the migraine. That makes complete sense. I hope you are feeling better now. I hate migraines.

36. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@ShootingStar: Phew. What a relief. xo

37. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Umberto: Congratulations! I hope you do have time to rest before LO arrives. Where generally do you live again? My leave starts next Friday (July 8), and am counting down and scrambling to wind up everything at work so I can feel good about leaving. No idea how the OB could predict an early arrival. Even if you were checked and dilated, it still could mean nothing.

38. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

Well, for those who were following my shingles saga - LO2 is getting chicken pox. She had a few this morning and several more this evening. I expect the rash to be fully present in the morning.

39. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@coopsmama: Oh come on. I'm sorry I hope it's mild and fast and that baby stays put and misses it all.

40. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@pregnantbee: I'm just hoping that if DS gets it, too, he gets it NOW instead of in 2-3 weeks or something (incubation 10-21 days) so that they can be totally over it by the time I'm full term. They say the blisters last on their body 2 weeks but only contagious until they scab over which should be about a week. I immediately texted my mom when I saw them (and her itching) because I have never seen them in person and I knew she would know since I got them (and my sister) as a kid and she immediately said "yup, that's chicken pox."

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee