Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

Oooh, as a more interesting side note, I just got an email saying my pump has shipped! Did anyone else use Edgepark? I feel like it was almost too easy...I put in the order on Monday and now it's on its way. At least something was easy, lol.

ETA: @agold: for real, I would sooooo not be pleased!

2. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

I'm so happy so many of us want to stay connected after our babes arrive! Yay!

I'm feeling so very pregnant and hormonal today. I can no longer do bridge lifts in barre3 because I become short of breath and when I had to switch to a better position/exercise for me, I got teary. Completely irrational- I should be stoked that my body still moves and feels good!

3. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

I'm washing my newborn and 0-3 month girl's clothes today. So much fun to get to fold itty bitty baby things again.

4. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsSCB: that is so exciting that you will be getting your pump soon! My new insurance goes into effect on July 1st so at that time I will register for the hospital and inquire from my OB about getting the pump. Is Edgepark something you heard about through your OB? A friend also told me that we can just go through Target to get a pump. She sent me a link that seems pretty easy.

@OldpuebloJenn: I feel you on the workout frustrations. And I'm so very sorry you got teary today!! I have not really been working out much. My pre-pregnancy routine was megaformer pilates and spin. Now I just walk in the mornings and do spin here and there. I went to spin this morning but my acid reflux kicks up so badly when I am leaning over in the bike to reach the handles. Its awful. I found myself sitting on the bike today more than I like to do. But seriously. We are in or nearly in our 8th month of pregnancy so I think that any work outs we do are better than nothing at all, even with modifications made. So you should congratulate yourself!!!

@coopsmama: A couple of weeks ago, I washed the hand-me-down clothes that I've received. I thought it would be daunting, but I loved it!! I caved and bought the newborn Dreft detergent and then some little Dreft fabric softeners. Those two items made the clothes feel amazing. What detergent do you use? Something you would suggest that is cheaper than Dreft?

5. Aandmklover

kiwi / 506 posts

@MrsSCB: yessss! I called Wednesday at 2 and the pump was on my doorstep Thursday at 4 when I came home. 26 hours is record time to receive anything. Lol

I'd love to stay in contact too. I actually apart of a July 2016 group from the wry slow group we originally had and Weddingbee woman.

I've washed and hung all of the baby clothes too. It's so cute seeing them all hung up in the closet.

6. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

Speaking of baby clothes....

Can you girls tell me how you organize your baby clothes?

Like, do you keep plain white onesies in the top drawer of the changing table becuase you use them most, and then sleepers in another drawer; cotton functional outfits in another drawer, and then hang the pretty or nicer outfits? I don't know how to really arrange everything in a way that makes sense based upon use.

7. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@agold: I received an email from Lucie's List about it on Monday (website: https://pages.email.edgepark.com/bp/eligibility/form/?rc=EPBPMAIN) It basically entailed filling out insurance info and my state. Then the next page gave me the options that are covered by my insurance. I picked one, filled in my info, as well as my doctor's name. I believe they then reached out to my OB's office and my insurance and then just emailed me to say the pump was on its way. Super easy!

@Aandmklover: wow, that is so fast! supposedly mine is supposed to be here in one business day, so I guess that would be Monday!

8. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@agold: This is just what works for us:

- PJs, swaddles, blankets, burp cloths, socks in bins on changing table.
    - Onesies and pants in dresser drawers
    - Dresses and two piece outfits hung in closet.

I found that I liked to fold outfits together (even just the matching onesie with the matching pants) but DH would always seem to get them confused and mix and match so it was easier to also hang outfits together.

9. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@agold: I just used Ecos Free and Clear for the baby items. That's what I had on hand. I think I was more particular with my first but now on the third go around I'm finding out I'm more about practicality and there was no way I was going to load my two toddlers up and head into Target just for the baby detergent hehe.

10. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsSCB: Okay, thank you! So the company Edgepark reached out to your OB directly? Is this the normal way of doing it, as opposed to you going directly through your OB?

@T.H.O.U.: Thank you for this!! My changer isn't big enough, I don't think, to put things on TOP of it. So your first category I will put into the changer drawers. Changer has three drawers and I plan to get drawer organizers from IKEA. For your second category (onesies and pants), are these different onesies and pants from the "matching onesies and matching pants" that you said you like to hang? Because I agree that there are some outfits that are just functional onesies and pants that I am thinking I would like to keep together.

11. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I organize my baby clothes similarly to you. I have NO idea how DH manages to get the baby's outfits mis-matched but he always seems to. At least he is better with the toddlers.

12. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@coopsmama: Ha! So funny about not wanting to load your toddlers up for something like detergent. I wouldn't either. I've lately been a big fan of ordering things online and picking it up at the store. Stores like nordstrom and bloomingdales will even walk your purchases out to your car so you don't even have to get out. I hope Target will do something like that soon. I don't even have a baby yet and I already utilize these services.

13. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@agold: I'm not even sure, to be honest, but I searched Edgepark on here and it looked like a lot of people had used them, so I figured I would give it a shot. When I submitted the info, they said they would call if there was any trouble. I didn't get any calls, so seems like it worked pretty smoothly!

14. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsSCB: Okay, good. I always hate to bother anyone.

15. T.H.O.U.

@agold: Yea our changer just has two selves below so I keep a few smaller bins for those things there.

For the onesies and pants in the drawers those are like the white onesies or the random ones. And the pants that are just solid/generic pants. Personally I like to hang one piece/rompers but they can easily be tossed in a dresser drawer too.

16. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

so much to catch up on! I've been working 16-hour days and sleeping 4 hours a night since Tuesday and I am a zombie, I'm so tired that my lungs/scalp/eyeballs hurt. it's been like this for the past two months, but the insanity is coming to an end soon, and then I get paid also on the bright side, and probably totally cocky and cavalier, I am completely not intimidated by the newborn sleep deprivation everyone talks about. anyway,
    @MrsSCB: 1. which pump did you get? 2. omg, downstairs is worse. a 2-year-old boy lives above me and I listen to him stomping/running back and forth across their apartment ALL DAY LONG, it is so fucking loud and he seemingly never stops except to shriek. your neighbor sounds like an unreasonable dick though, even with me hating spending time in my own living room I've never been rude to the family upstairs or banged on the ceiling (who does that?!), plus there's no way yall make actual noise. I wonder if you'll need to go talk to him when you have your baby and be like, this is the reality, if you wake up my baby we'll stop tiptoeing for good. meh? didn't you say you were moving soon anyway?
    @agold: ah that is the other reality, we share the floor and ceiling but no walls. ughhh houses for all of us!! now!
    @coopsmama: I have folded the baby clothes like 5 times now LOVE IT. I keep hearing people say not to take the tags off until they grow into stuff though--guess it's safe to wash a few things at least?

my husband has been putting together the nursery this week and I unpacked size 1 pampers and put them and all the baby toiletries into the dresser--it was so satisfying! @agold: I got these Ikea Skubb boxes, love em, wish I'd bought two packs.
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50300275/#/30300281

17. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@agold: I would love if we could that here! Unfortunately we're pretty rural so I usually have to just ship to my house or go in store because there aren't any deliver to car stores around here. Super inconvenient but it is what it is!!

@LCTBQE: Well, none of mine have tags because they were all big sister's so I didn't have to worry about that! But I agree, depending on how many items you have/receive to leave the tags on ones you may not get around to baby wearing for returns or better resale value!

18. Aandmklover

kiwi / 506 posts

I started to Write somethings then got distracted the boys and it go deleted. Arg.

I hang almost all things except white onesie undershirts, and pants that are separates that don't come with sets. I keep all of my sets together hung. My sister in law thinks I'm crazy but my kids clothes are always stored and worn as they were purchased. I guess she just mixes and matches everything. It's easier for me to match while hanging then searching when I'm trying to get ready to go somewhere.

19. Aandmklover

kiwi / 506 posts

@agold: I used edge park too. I called my insurance and they patched me over because they were the fulfiller my insurance uses. Edge park took care of getting ahold of my ob. I was originally calling so I knew to get an script at my next appointment but they took care of it all. It was really convenient.

20. T.H.O.U.

@Aandmklover: plus baby clothes are hard to fold!

21. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@agold: yes, my husband has a fb page but doesnt use it, and he set it so no one can find him so it's totally private. And the private group is totally secret so no one can see anything unless they are in the group.

I would prefer a fb group since i don't post pics on here and would love to be able to share pics with you guys!

@MrsSCB: im so glad it was so easy for you! I had a horrible experience with them last time but it sounds like they've worked out the kinks by now!

@LCTBQE: im so sorry work has been so nuts. I hope you get some sleep this weekend! Remember to take care of yourself!!

22. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@coopsmama: thanks for the advice, I think maybe I'll just wash a handful of the 0-3 things and go from there. that is so sweet that you get to re-use your little girl's things for this one! nice memories plus so little to fork out more money on you must feel so good to have saved them all.

@Aandmklover: the unfinished message deletion happens to me all the time, usually after a really long, alllmost finished one--somehow I get logged out. gah. I think I'm going to store coordinating outfits together, too, although we don't have room to hang. I also love the little outfits and kind of don't want to mix n match.

@Pirouette: thank you, lady. so easy to put off self-care, isn't it?

as of tonight, furniture in the nursery is done!! I put a puppy dog sheet on the crib mattress--heaven. and since work will be less nuts, I get to decorate and do some paintings for the walls. that and freezer meals is all I want to do this summer.

23. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

Real life: As I got settled into bed this evening, the bed frame (wood) gave way to its 30 years and broke right beneath me. my husband can't stop laughing, I'm laughing too, but seriously universe?!?

24. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@MrsKerch: OMG that's hilarious but I'm so sorry lol! Time for a new frame just in time for baby

I had to share this little tidbit my grandmother told me this morning! She received an invite to a sprinkle for my cousins gf who is having her 2nd baby around the same time as me. The kicker is, they wrote this terribly tacky long poem about mom wanting GC's only and they included a self stamped envelope for everyone to send back a giftcard! And there isn't an actual party/get together for the sprinkle, they just want everyone to send back the GC's! I was so mortified for them! Though she did also tell me that my cousins girlfriend also demanded a personal trainer for after this baby so I guess it's kind of not that surprising

25. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@LCTBQE: I got the Medela PISA. I thought about trying to see if I could pay a little to upgrade, but then decided to just go with the free one. Hopefully it works fine! And we are probably not moving until November. We considered getting out of our lease early, but at this point, I don't think we can get it together to find somewhere to move and actually move I the next eight(!!!) weeks. I love our place but...not those people.

@Pirouette: well, it hasn't gotten here yet, so I keep thinking there's still time for it all to go terribly wrong but so far so good! I also picked a pedi last week, which turned out very easy, too. Finally some tasks that are not overly complicated!

@mrschickpea: wow to the gift card envelopes. That's pretty appalling!!

26. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@MrsKerch: awww, that is funny/terrible/funny! maybe you'll love having a nice new sturdy bed to nurse in

@mrschickpea: ughhhh so, so, so tacky. I get pretty turned off by the gift-grabbiness of it all, but that is *extreme*. I always wonder how women like that don't get talked off the ledge by someone sane!
    my friends are all either unhappily single, or married and adamantly don't want kids, so I didn't even make a registry--didn't think it would go over well to try and ask them to buy me stuff. one of my friends said outright that she resented with bridal/baby showers that we are all supposed to celebrate people whose lives are already going well, which, eh, I see her point.

@MrsSCB: I read over and over that the suction on the PISA was great--I'm sure it'll be good. I got the Freestyle mostly because I'll be commuting on the MTA with it.

27. T.H.O.U.

@MrsSCB: I just read that it costs like $260 for us to upgrade from the PIS to the freestyle. That seems to be a lot but I do love my freestyle

28. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

I got my Spectra S1 today and holy cow is it big! I'm used to my freestyle, which is like 1/3 the size. I also ordered a Sarah Wells "Lizzy" pump bag for it from Amazon. Supposedly it fits in there - I sure hope so! But I may end up just keeping one pump at work in the mother's room and carrying the other stuff back and forth.

29. Aandmklover

kiwi / 506 posts

This is my third Medela PISA. I've been happy with the previous results. It has an open system so I didn't want to reuse after each kid. I did use the Ameda Purely Yours at one time and did not like it at all.

30. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@MrsKerch: omg! better it happen now than when you're dealing with a newborn.

@mrschickpea: that is just... Ugh. Some people! I cant even imagine my thoughts if i received that "invitation"

@MrsSCB: oh i hope it all goes smoothly! Things do seem to have gotten easier over the years... Back in 2013 they were still working out the kinks i think. Yay for choosing a ped!

31. T.H.O.U.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I'm so tired after chores and swimming yesterday that I thought it was a Sunday night and I was ready to go back to work today. Hoping for a bit more relaxing (and a nap) today.

32. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@LCTBQE: totally makes sense for public transportation! I definitely always wanted my stuff to be as light and compact as possible.

@T.H.O.U.: yeah that's a little steep! I didn't even check with my insurance on what it would be. Honestly I mostly was too lazy. I considered it but then thought, "OR I could just click this button and be done." That's how sick I am of talking to my insurance I guess...

@Aandmklover: I'm glad to know you love it!

@Pirouette: thanks, me too

We did our hospital tour yesterday and I was pretty happy about what I heard. They seem very into skin to skin, for c-sections, too, so I like that. They also have birth balls, peanut balls, and wireless monitoring so you can walk around. All good things! Makes it feel real to actually see a delivery room.

We also have maternity photos today. I'm nervous, I just hope I feel good about myself. Of course I'm getting a zit on my chin today, despite my skin being vastly improved over the last few weeks 🙄 I'm sure that can be photoshopped out (I hope...)

33. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

Been a busy weekend over here. My parents and ILs are in town for my son's 4th bday party that was yesterday. Thank goodness I really did keep it as simple as possible, and they did most of the setup and breakdown. I'm so crazy uncomfortable most of the time at this point that I feel pretty useless. It was blissful getting to use their hotel pool yesterday - lightest I've felt in months. I think we'll go later today too

I should probably call insurance again about a pump. I really can't remember what they told me last time I called. Glad so many of you are getting yours.

@MrsKerch: I'm sorry that happened - great story, though!

@mrschickpea: Wow. That's so tacky!

34. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

I started on my freezer meals this weekend. Sighhhh. So much work but after having done it two times I know it's worth it. 7 meals down. I need to think of about 10 more dinners and a few more breakfasts - any suggestions? I'm trying to get 25-30 dinners in the freezer. The hard part is that I'm dairy free so most cheesy foods are out.

35. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@pregnantbee: sounds like you had a busy but good weekend! I've never been swimming while this pregnant. I should try to go in the next few weeks because I bet it feels wonderful.

36. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@coopsmama: What!? This is amazing! When I made freezer meals last time, I literally made 3 different dishes total. Maybe 8 servings of each. This is awesome.

37. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@coopsmama: Went swimming again today. It's just so great to feel weightless after lugging around a 20+ lb bowling ball day in and day out. Highly recommended!

38. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@coopsmama: I feel overwhelmed just looking at this list! Well done you

39. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

@coopsmama: you're making me hungry!

40. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@coopsmama: color me impressed-especially by the cookie dough! Soooo smart!

Ive told family and good friends who've asked, to gift us subscriptions to Blue Apron, or the like. I'm hoping we can rely on those meals for a few weeks/months! Hoping.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee