Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@mrschickpea: I'm glad your appointment went well!! I hope you don't get any more signs of pre-e.

@MrsSCB: I'm so glad you had a nice work shower! That's awesome that it was your husband's work that threw you the shower. Such generous people.

@pregnantbee: Happy birthday to your baby boy!!!

2. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: Thank you

3. MRSWHIT1

pea / 15 posts

@PWNSTAR a lot better. Although it lasted about 4 hours last night 😳
    It was rough. But only a few more weeks!

4. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@pregnantbee: late to the party- HBD to your son!
    Also, I'm AMA and still have the clear to go to 42weeks. It may change depending on bp, etc.

5. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: Thank you! And good to know re AMA in relation to length of pregnancy. I'll be asking my OB next week and will report back

6. Aandmklover

kiwi / 506 posts

34 week ultrasound today. Baby is head down (yay!!) and baby looks to be 4lb15oz, 60 percentile. Looks like the GD is not fattening him up too much. I'll know more after my appointment on Tuesday.

7. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Aandmklover: Wonderful news! Thanks for the update.

8. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@Aandmklover: Yea! Great update!

9. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

@Aandmklover: nice update! healthy baby!/

We're doing ok over here.. now seeing both a midwife from the birthing centre we signed up with, as well as my OBGYN. He's a friend and visits are free so we rotate the appointments.

10. MrsBeluga

apricot / 442 posts

POSTING AN UPDATE: So ladies I called my DRs office this morning to schedule an appointment because I have been short of breath (especially when sitting at work all day & its totally made better when laying down). Just wanted to let you know that standard protocol at this point for anything breathing related equals a trip to ER!! I had to fight and explain how non-emergency this was in order to get a regular appt scheduled for this afternoon (my DR is across the street from work whereas the hospital is a 30 minute drive and I would have to wait/be seen by a random DR in ER). I am sure everything is fine, I had shortness of breath last time, just this time it like everything else is that much worse Will let you know how my appt goes later today.

11. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsBeluga: Thanks for the update but ugh. Who isn't short of breath at this time in pregnancy? I get winded when talking. I hope it's nothing.

12. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@MrsBeluga: I'm sorry - I hope it turns out to just be a pita annoyance and not an emergency! I will say though that I am very surprised you were referred to the ER and not to L&D.

13. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsBeluga: Wow. Well, better safe than sorry. So you have shortness of breath while sitting around? I've had it sporadically in the middle of the night when I wake up to go to the bathroom. I feel like I legitimately cannot breathe. But if I remain calm, my breathing capacity returns to normal within a few minutes. So sorry you are dealing with this during the day! I hope it turns out to be nothing. Please keep us posted!!

14. MrsBeluga

apricot / 442 posts

@pwnstar: It might actually have been L&D, but they were classifying it as an emergency, and I just didnt want to make the trip to the hospital!

I think part of my reason for even calling (I try not to be a big baby) is so that I can start working from home now. Just sitting at work (not even talking) I have to take big deep breaths throughout the day and yesterday I got dizzy and light headed, from just sitting and typing and staring at a computer screen! The other day I was in a meeting with my boss for like an hour and was so incredibly winded. Its supposed to get better when the baby drops, but last time mine never dropped :(.

15. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsBeluga: Can you talk to your work and see if you can work from home for a while until this resolves? Or hopefully your OB can just put you on disability.

16. MrsBeluga

apricot / 442 posts

@agold: So I am two weeks away from CA disability so thats coming whether my bosses like it or not. I guess I am hoping to ask my Dr what she sees or recommends for the next 2 weeks. We only get 3 sick days a year and those are already used, and I dont want to use vacation over this, so I guess I am hoping to get a Drs note that verifies that I am not crazy for needing to start working from home sooner than 36 weeks. My bosses are super old school and prefer everyone physically at the office :(.

17. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

@MrsBeluga: the dizziness and lightheadedness while sitting up is not normal, from what I understand. I suffered the same with my first pregnancy and after being hospitalised overnight and running many tests I was induced for fear of a lack of oxygen to the baby (who may feel the symptoms before we do) or a further risk of losing consciousness. This time I'm suffering from the same, but only when lying on my back - even for as little as 2 minutes. My doctor is ok with me not being hospitalised this time because I can adjust my position when sleeping and am ok when on my feet, but it is a serious risk. I hope everything turns out to be ok for both you and baby!

18. MrsBeluga

apricot / 442 posts

@Glitter: Thank you. My appt is in 3 hours, and I feel better about making the appt now that I have heard your story and realize how scary this could get. Will let you know what the Dr decides.

19. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@MrsBeluga: Yes, please update! Hope you and the baby are ok!

20. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@MrsBeluga: I hope everything is OK at your appointment!

21. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@MrsBeluga: Keep us updated!

22. MrsBeluga

apricot / 442 posts

Ok just had my appointment and I am totally ok. Dr checked my oxygen levels, lungs, heart, and measured then listened to baby and everything sounded good. I did get scolded for not heading straight to L&D though, I had no idea that was really a thing (she mentioned I might need to go 2-4 times before I actually deliver) so at least that is now on my radar. If I get lightheaded/dizzy again I have to call and will likely be sent to L&D for more testing. But so far and as of today everything is ok, and thats a great thing :).

23. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@MrsBeluga: just saw this!! So glad you are ok!

24. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@pregnantbee: I saw you posted in the poll about keeping up with due date groups after. I agree with your sentiment that it would be great to keep in touch after babies!
    I wasn't active in HB with my first, so second third time moms- what works best? Staying on HB? A gold thread? A private FB group?!

25. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsBeluga: Phew!

26. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: I mean it, too. I'd prefer to stay here. But if we go with FB then private/secret group could work.

27. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@MrsBeluga: I'm so glad to read this! Next time, get thee to L&D!

@OldpuebloJenn: @pregnantbee: I hope we can stay here too!

28. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@MrsBeluga: Good to hear you are ok

@pregnantbee: I hope we stay active after birth too. Love having this group

29. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@MrsBeluga: Yay, glad you're ok!

Also, I'd be cool with staying here or making a Facebook group. I'm actually in a secret Facebook group with a bunch of women who had their weddings in the same month/year that I did. Our group has been going strong for over four years now, and a lot of us have met in person as well!

30. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: I'm fine either way - here or FB. My Nov '13 moms group moved to Facebook because they felt it was better/more private for sharing pics.

31. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@ShootingStar: I'll still participate on FB in a secret group. I have a love/hate relationship with FB. Would do it just to keep in touch with you all.

32. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

@MrsBeluga: Yayy, glad you and babes are doing well!

33. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

I would prefer a FB group just because I would be way more active and involved on there then on here!

34. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@MrsBeluga: Glad everything turned out to be ok! Take care of yourself.

35. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

I would prefer a FB group as well.

36. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsBeluga: I'm so glad that your appointment revealed that everything is okay with you. I still am hoping that you can figure out a way to go out on leave earlier within these next two weeks.

I'd love to stay in contact with everyone! I don't have facebook but this would be the second private/secret facebook group that I would like to join. Can I make my entire facebook page secret?

37. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

Soooo tired today. After a nice break for awhile, our crazy downstairs neighbor banged on the ceiling again last night because of "noise." I was home alone, in bed, about to fall asleep. It startled me and then made me mad, so I couldn't get to sleep until over an hour after. I responded very maturely and got up to flush the toilet and drop several heavy items on the floor Don't wake an eight months pregnant lady, people! Ugh.

38. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsSCB: Gosh I hate sharing walls. I'm so very sorry you have a cranky downstairs neighbor. I really don't know what would be worse - being upstairs or downstairs. I don't have that specific problem, but I do share the two side walls. Bipolar teenage boy on one side and quiet neighbor with new decades younger boyfriend who likes to work on cars on the other side. The other night, husband and I decided to put the crib together. We worked so quickly on it that we moved on to the changing table. I realized it was 10:30 pm and we were using a power screw driver. I said I didn't even care because we are so quite all of the time for years. ETA: I think you responded very appropriately.

39. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@agold: It is the worst, I can't wait to live in a house! We have neighbors on all sides, and for the most part it's pretty quiet. So I just can't accept that we make an inordinate amount of noise. We're not even doing anything. I think my cat ran across the floor, but it's not like prolonged sound. They better not wake up my baby or there will be hell to pay... And probably wasn't the most grown-up response, but I'm just sooooo sick of tiptoeing around my own home and cringing every time I accidentally drop something. Not fun.

40. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsSCB: I always think that, "they better not wake up the baby."

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee