Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@agold: yes! Go sit in that pool!

2. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: Okay! So glad you say that. Because really.. what are the risks that I'm going to drown somehow? Its not like I'm going to get drunk and pass out on a raft? I always dream up very morbid situations.

3. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: Go in the pool! Wish I could join ya!

4. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pregnantbee: I wish you could join me too! All who want to come without kids are welcome!!

5. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

My "baby" is 4 years old today! I can't believe it.

6. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@pregnantbee: Happy birthday to your little man! That's crazy. 4 just seems so...big! He shares a birthday with my sister.

7. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@coopsmama: The 21st is a good day! There are at least 2 other June 2012 babies on here with the same bday (And now one of the awesome June 2012 mamas just had a June 2016 baby today on the same day as her 4 yo!)

8. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

I am feeling much better from the shingles debacle. I had my first migraine and spine pain free day yesterday and finally the rash is healing up and not so glaring. Thankful for the meds and that they still seemed to have worked well despite being past the magic 72 hour window everyone talks about.

I had forgotten to update that I had a midwife appointment on Friday for 32 weeks and all was well. Baby measuring exactly at 32 weeks but my midwife couldn't get over how low she is laying and my chiropractor said the same thing today. I wasn't too surprised because she has felt very low since she turned from breech at 30 weeks. I have been having major painful (lasting over a minute) contractions now and again (only one or two a day...not like they are patterned and regular) and am SO hoping that means I won't go until 42 weeks again like I did with my last baby! I would love her to arrive right on time. We will see.

9. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@pregnantbee: Woah! Crazy! Apparently a great day to have a baby. I'm August 23rd so my parents always jokes they needed a July 22nd baby. /random

10. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@coopsmama: So glad you're finally feeling better. Glad baby is doing well -- I hope none of us goes to 42w!

Random but funny bday comment

11. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@agold: lying in a pool completely alone is my ultimate fantasy right now. Seriously. I would pay a lot of money and/or break minor laws to make that happen in my life.

12. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

Had my 32 week appt on Monday, every think looked good. Baby was in optimal position, which was nice (my daughter was always posterior). Strong heart beat at 138/140. Got my TDAP shot (my arm is still sore!).
    Now my appts are every two weeks. I'm going in next Friday, and then I have an ultrasound at 36 weeks. This pregnancy has flown by!

I'm hoping to finish the baby quilt before we leave on vacation next Saturday, but that might be ambitious. I'm still piecing the front. But baby quilts are small! Then I move on to a cushion cover for the ottoman chest my husband built.
    We still haven't painted the crib yet.... But the week after we come home from our trip my husband is still off work, so we can hopefully finish up our projects then!

Oh, I'm also starting to think about getting some meals in the freezer! I put some kale/sausage/white bean soup away last week. Will do a curry chicken and a shredded taco chicken as well. Thinking about freezing a batch of hearty muffins, and need to stock up on my favorite gluten free bagels.

13. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@pregnantbee: happy birthday to your babe, and birthing day to you! Four! Wow!

@coopsmama: glad you are feeling better, sounds like a miserable illness to have while pregnant

14. MRSWHIT1

pea / 15 posts

@T.H.O.U.
    My due date is July 16! Thank you!!

Starting to have crampy feeling in my lower abdomen.. Freaking out a little 🙈

15. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@pregnantbee: Awwww-happy cake day to your little man! 🎂🎈🎁

@coopsmama: So glad you're feeling better!

@Silva: Glad you had a good appointment! I'm pretty sure my little guy is posterior. I can feel his hand/arm movements low and in front. I will have the Peri confirm this at my appointment tomorrow. If so, I really hope he turns. My first LO was posterior and it was not a pleasant birth experience

16. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@pwnstar: yeah, I talked to the midwife I saw about it a lot at this appointment. The consensus seems to be that even if the baby is posterior, second births are a lot different. trying to reassure myself with that, in case this baby moves around. You and I have pretty similar birth stories from our first, I think. It will be be interesting to see how it goes for us this time!

I'm not at all mentally prepared to go longer than 40 weeks. I will be a seriously cranky pregnant lady if that ends up happening.

17. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@pregnantbee: happy birthday to your big boy!!!!

18. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@agold: @Silva: yep, floating alone in the pool = beautiful dreams. just have a noodle on hand for safety

@Silva: pregnantbee and I were talking about starting a freezer meal thread soon--def want to start making stuff in July. your ideas sound great!

@pregnantbee: aw, what a great birthday! I LOVE this time of year, happy birthday to him.

@coopsmama: glad the worst of it's over and your baby is doing well

@pwnstar: I didn't realize posterior=bad, I thought as long as it was head-down everything was fine! I am so ignorant thanks for the education. do you have any hope he'll flip over?

I suspect based on what I *think* are hiccups that my babe is head down, with arms on my far lower-left side and feet on my far upper-right side of the bump. I keep feeling something hard moving around my belly button area that could be knees if he's posterior or I guess could be his back/rump if he's facing in? So clueless though. I'd love an ultrasound to see what's up, but I'm not getting another as far as I know.

19. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Silva: @pwnstar: @Pirouette: @LCTBQE: Thank you! Time flew -- I really can't believe he is already 4. I also can't believe that I'm less than 6w away from my EDD with this one. Crazy.

20. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@pwnstar: My first baby was posterior and it was hell. My second one was also posterior and it was less than 2 hours of pain start to finish. This third baby is also posterior and I have just accepted that for some reason that's the way my body carries - I have done lots of body work and chiro but nothing seems to work. Fwiw my chiropractor says pelvic rocks on a yoga ball is the best chance of getting a posterior baby to turn correctly.

21. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@pregnantbee: !!! That is so crazy. Especially when you consider it's not unheard of for second time moms to deliver around 37-38 weeks. When did you have number 1?

22. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@coopsmama: My son arrived at 40w 1.5d. 11ish hour overnight labor. I didn't know that 2nd time moms may be more likely to deliver early. Eek! I'd be ok with 39w.

23. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pregnantbee: Happy bday to your little guy! Hope it was a great one!

@coopsmama: so glad you're feeling better, that did not sound fun at all.

@LCTBQE: I think my guy has been head down to the left, too, based on where they've found the heartbeat the last couple appointments. I have no idea whether he's posterior of not, though...I don't even know how the doc figures that out without an US! I guess just poking around? I asked at my appointment today, and no more US as long as everything is going well (which of course I hope it continues to do so!)

Had an appointment today, and all is good! They took some blood to test for syphilis and other stuff, so fingers crossed that comes out in my favor Then this evening I had my baby shower from my husband's work (his office has been having a major baby boom -- ours will be the sixth born in 10 months!) He works with all men, and the wives hold baby showers for the new babies. I was a little nervous about it, but it was a lot of fun!

24. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@pregnantbee: I can't believe I have 5 weeks to go and then I don't know how to make it through 5 more weeks. I really hope second time mums do go quicker!

25. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@AprilFool: Same!

26. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@pregnantbee: I hope your baby had a wonderful last birthday as an only

27. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: Thank you!

@AprilFool: Oh, now you're just trying to make me cry. Sniff. I admit that I held him a little tighter last night and this morning. He's going to be such a good big brother.

28. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@pregnantbee: Haha just a little

29. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@MRSWHIT1: You're so close! How are you feeling today - any better with the cramping?

@Silva: I am definitely trying to keep a positive mindset about this delivery and to remind myself (as I have been during this entire pregnancy) that I can't live in the shadow of my first pregnancy and delivery. Because you are so right in that every pregnancy is different--this one certainly has been!--and that even if this baby is posterior, it doesn't mean that he will be during delivery (I didn't know before that it is actually pretty rare for a baby to remain posterior during birth--I was very lucky that my OB was actually able to turn her just before delivery).

The due date is the one area where it can be beneficial to be AMA . . . I will not go past my DD. For me, if I haven't had my baby by 39 weeks, they will induce me. I'm nervous about making it that far! I had my first LO at 38 weeks, and as hard as the delivery was, I was also relieved to be done being pregnant.

@LCTBQE: Head down is a great start! But yes, a posterior baby (or sunny-side up) can mean things like prolonged, inefficient labor, increase in pain, increased chance of postpartum hemorrhage, etc. That said, only about 5-10% of babies are persistent posterior (meaning they don't rotate to a face-down position on their own, which is what my LO was)--it's much more common for babies to rotate to face-down on their own during labor/just prior to birth.

@MrsSCB: Yay for a good appointment! And I'm glad that you had fun at the shower. I am always nervous before social events like that, and although I shouldn't be, am always so surprised at how much I enjoyed the event despite myself.

30. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

I had my 33w appointment Monday and my blood pressure is still creeping up so I will now have weekly appts and a position scan next Tuesday. Luckily, no other signs of Pre-E so fingers crossed! Baby is head down with a great HB and is still trolling me in there Hiccups and rolls galore

31. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@pwnstar: Oh. I didn't know there were different rules for when you can deliver if you're AMA. I'm in that group.....and I haven't yet talked to my dr about how long she'd have me go before induction. Last time (at barely AMA), she had said 42 weeks was the max. I wonder if that has changed?? I can't really imagine making it to my EDD this time b/c baby girl feels so big and like she is running out of room. Who knows? 2.5 more weeks of work!

32. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@mrschickpea: STAY IN THERE, BABY. You hear me? I'm glad there are no other Pre-E signs and that they'll be monitoring you closely. A pain, but worth it. xo

33. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@mrschickpea: Yay, so glad to hear your appointment went well!

34. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pwnstar: I feel the same way! And there were a couple people there that I don't actually know that well (like I didn't even recognize their names when I saw the evite guest list...) but they were very sweet and friendly so it worked out

35. mossyslane

cherry / 215 posts

@pregnantbee: Awww, happy birthday to your boy! My DD turned four two weeks ago, and it was such a sweet time. I'm so glad we had time to celebrate her before this baby's arrival.

@mrschickpea: Thinking of you--I'm 34 weeks and my bp is also creeping. That's great that you don't have other pre-e signs and that you're already 33 weeks.

36. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@mossyslane: Thank you! And happy 4th to your daughter, too. June bdays for the win! (Uh, this baby needs to stay put until mid-July if possible, though!) I'm also thrilled we could spend 1-1 time with DS. His party is this weekend, so hopefully it will be another nice memory for everyone.

37. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

So many people so I wont try to tag, but....

My first was posterior and we didn't know until birth. It was a long hard 3+ hours of pushing but they did get her to flip right before she was born.

My second came out much easier and with barely any pushing. But he wasn't magically earlier or anything.

38. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@pregnantbee: @MrsSCB: @mossyslane: thanks ladies! Hoping little bean stays put and everything stays positive!

39. mossyslane

cherry / 215 posts

@pregnantbee: I got a huge surge of nesting energy once my daughter's birthday party was over. It was like a big shift for me:)

40. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@mossyslane: I've barely done anything for the party bc I've been so focused on the nursery and other baby things. I guess welcome to a new life of divided attention? That will take some getting used to.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee