Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@coopsmama: That just sounds miserable! I hope it gets better soon

2. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@AprilFool: two adorable choices!

@coopsmama: Omg, I'm sorry -- my dad had shingles a few years ago and I know how miserable it is. I hope it passes quickly for you and they can offer you options to ease your discomfort!

@ShootingStar: ahhhh, that outfit is so, so sweet!

3. mossyslane

cherry / 215 posts

@coopsmama: Uggg, the last thing you needed! So sorry--hope things turn around quickly for you.

4. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@AprilFool: unicorns outfit is from Hanna Andersson! they're expensive but having been having sales. not sure if their international shipping is reasonable because they're Swedish?
    @MRSWHIT1: omg, those headbands are so funny and cute.
    @pregnantbee: I LOOOOVE your hummingbirds, you must be excited to be getting girl stuff this time!
    and @MrsSCB: the trees are so placid and sweet, that is going to be adorable on.
    @agold: agh, flamingos make my heart sing--is that from HA too? the other one is great as well. I read on lucie's list or somewhere that those kimono tops are nice and accommodating for the belly button stump.

@ShootingStar: this is great to know about sizing, thanks!

I bought my outfit in NB, but then was doing another order and saw it on mega-mega-sale and got it in their next size up, too. going to bring them both along. I also got 88 NB pampers swaddlers, and a larger box of size 1's. I guess I'll return the NB stuff if he's huge. and @agold: agree, my husband and I are tall and I have always had womanly farm animal birthing hips, but I have literally said god help me that I don't have a 10-lb baby more than a few times

@T.H.O.U.: love that your daughter is passing along her own outfit, I'm sure she will be a fantastic sister and helper.

@Silva: I didn't know 32 weeks was a milestone for preemie delivery, that's interesting and so reassuring--congrats on getting there! I was 30w yesterday and I'm closer to the tail end, so we'll all be there soon enough

5. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@AprilFool: love these little outfits, too! team green perfection.

@ShootingStar: this is so cute that it brings up the feelings of regret for not getting to buy girl clothes that I buried months ago

@coopsmama: oh my gosh, I am so sorry you're going through shingles! I never realized we could get it at our age until one of my girlfriends had a stress-induced, BAD episode of it last year. my parents have both recently gotten vaccinated against it. I hope it goes away as quickly as it came on

I had my 30-wk appointment yesterday morning, all is well. the OB did a fundal measurement but said she only took them to make sure I was growing, she didn't put any stock in trying to approximate baby size from it. also got my tdap, and made my husband get his last week as well. she told me she didn't like to let anyone go longer than a week past their due date in her practice, so looks like the baby will definitely be born by September

6. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@LCTBQE: Glad your appointment went well! Is your arm sore from the tdap? Mine was for a few days, but it wasn't too bad...I still need to get my husband to get his.

7. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@LCTBQE: I have to admit, being able to buy cute girl clothes is helping me get through this second pregnancy!

I had my 30w appointment yesterday as well. So far everything was good - blood pressure, fundal height, and weight. I think by this time in my last pregnancy my BP was already starting to creep up, so that's encouraging. Oh, and I asked my doctor what happens if I actually go into labor, since I have a planned c-section. We're planning on that partially because it's my preference, and partially because I'm not a good candidate for a vbac. She told me if I was after 37w they'd just take me immediately for the c-section, they wouldn't make me labor. So I'm thinking some natural induction methods may be in my future, lol.

8. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@MrsSCB: super sore. My husband complained about it, too. I actually got it exactly a year ago before we started trying--I went to my regular physician to see if my MMR was still valid (it had worn off over the years) and they gave me a tdap while I was there. But my OB told me she wanted me to have another one during the third tri because of benefits of passing the antibodies to the baby. I actually know a couple of people IRL who have had whooping cough lately, it's no joke about the herd, so I'm glad to do it. when my SIL was pregnant my brother made our mom and dad get it since they're active grandparents, and I'm going to make sure our in-laws have had it, too.

ETA jeez I sound like a PSA for the CDC.

9. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@ShootingStar: ha, I could see that! and awesome for the good appt. wonder if there's any truth to the spicy eggplant parm induction method, that is the one that interests me

10. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@coopsmama: I'm so very sorry you may have shingles. That's awful. My mom caught hand foot mouth disease from my niece recently and got it so bad that she thought it was on par with the miserableness of shingles. I've been so scared to catch it since its running rampant around my town. I hope you can rest and get some kind of relief from the pain.

@LCTBQE: I don't know what HA is. The flamingo one piece is from a brand called Kissy Kissy. I'm obsessed with it. Pima cotton.... so nice. Kissy Kissy also has adorable baby boy clothes. And yes on the kimono top. I've heard something about that too. That's why I sort of picked that alternative outfit. It was as cute of a "functional" thing I could find with a feel similar to pima cotton.

"womanly farm animal birthing hips" Hahahahah. That's me, too!! I always think to myself that it will be such a shame if I can't easily push my baby out with the width of my hips. Like, what other legitimate function do these hips serve???

@LCTBQE: My doctor didn't approximate my baby's size. My appointments with the OB are honestly like 3 minutes long max. So crazy, but I suppose if she needed to tell me something, she would. I did ask my doctor about birthing classes... she said no need for them and that I will have a nurse there to help me with everything. I said I'd like to try for an epidural free birth but will do what I need to do. She said, "that sounds great. just keep your mind open to options." I hope that she really thinks its great and she wasn't just blowing smoke!

11. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@LCTBQE: Thank you re: hummingbirds. Our wedding theme was hummingbirds, and I've been in love with them forever. I still need to be pinched occasionally to believe that I'm having a girl. Literally 6-7 sets of eyes and genetic test results have told me girl. I mostly believe them now! Ha! I'm sorry you're pining away a bit for girl stuff. I promise that raising a boy is awesome and SO MUCH FUN. And boy clothes are so much easier to buy. Fewer choices = less anxiety (at least for me) and less money spent.

12. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@LCTBQE: Glad your appointment went well and that the dr doesn't really care what the fundal measurement. As we've all seen....it doesn't matter and is inaccurate! I'm getting the Tdap today and am so not excited about it. My appointment is in 45 min. Wheeee.

@coopsmama: How are you feeling? Is it definitely shingles?

@ShootingStar: Glad your appointment went well, too! And that you have a plan in place in case you go into labor early on your own.

13. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@pregnantbee: @agold: @LCTBQE: @MrsSCB: @mossyslane: @AprilFool: Thanks ladies! Yes, I just got out of a doctor's appt and it is definitely shingles. They were able to prescribe some medication that I will pick up as soon as it's ready and evidently it is completely pregnancy safe - my OB/midwife group prescribes it to every woman with genital herpes in the last month of pregnancy so there has been lots of testing on pregnant women which made me feel better. Evidently this is herpes zoster (the chicken pox one) and treatment will work the same way. I am relieved there is a solution. They said it will take probably another 10-12 days before the blisters are completely gone but will stop any new ones from popping up. I have a few now on my eye lid from last night so I have an appt with an opthamologist later today to be sure everything inside of my eye is looking okay. I am feeling relieved to know what is going on.

But seriously - it hurts. Really really bad. It woke me up throughout the night and it was hard to get back to sleep. Shingles is no joke!

14. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@coopsmama: Well, I'm glad they confirmed and can give you something to help. I'm still sorry that you're going through this. Any sickness during pregnancy is no fun at all -- but this one sounds awful I hope your kids don't get chicken pox -- but if they do, it sounds like they'll be done with it by the time baby is supposed to arrive, so that's a good thing. Keep us posted. xo

15. thismustbetheplace

kiwi / 633 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Team green here, putting the finishing touches on our gender neutral circus/safari themed nursery. I think it worked out nicely! DS's has a fairly gn forest theme too so their bedrooms mesh pretty well. As for a going home outfit, all I have at the moment is this Aden and Anais nb onesie but I may end up buying a couple of cute options depending on who we meet Getting excited!
    @mossyslane: Glad you and baby are hanging in there!
    @coopsmama: OMG from what I understand shingles is the WORST. My college roommate got it on the first day of her cruise vacation and was basically quarantined in pain in her room the entire time. So sorry you're dealing with that! Good luck with the opthamologist!

16. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@coopsmama: I'm glad you got some answers, I hope it starts improving quickly!

17. stratosphere

apricot / 329 posts

@coopsmama: Glad you were able to get the meds, and that they're pregnancy safe. Hooray! I definitely didn't get any more blisters after I started the Rx, and I'd say they were healed within 10 days as well as the pain subsiding. Good luck with the ophthalmologist and hoping there's no eye involvement and just the skin of your eyelid. Hang in there!

18. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

OMG. My boss just told me to take how ever long I can take under disability [revised pending confirmation]. That is pretty unbelievable.

I told my boss that I'm hoping to not work at all during my leave, but that I would be happy to help with some very SMALL things that I can do from home a couple of hours a week IF NEEDED.

Does that all sound okay??

19. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: Wow, that's amazing! I wouldn't offer to do any work from home while on leave, unless you are going out of your mind with boredom. I had no desire to work when I was off. Of course, everyone is different, so play it by ear and pick what feels right to you.

ETA: Also what @shootingstar: said below!

20. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@agold: I would not sign yourself up for working during leave, even a couple hours a day. Trying to get 2 hours of things done while having a newborn will seem like a herculean task. And you may only get 5 or 10 minutes here there between a baby sleeping on you, needing to feed every 2 hours (or less), exhaustion from being up every 2 hours, etc. If you get 15 minutes of time to do stuff, take a shower!

21. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@agold: Agree, I would not offer. Or say that you want to take the 6-8 weeks off fully off and MAYBE after that you can discuss reading some things to help stay in the loop.

22. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@ShootingStar: @pregnantbee: Ha! You girls are so right. And gosh you make those first newborn days sound miserable! I actually never have any desire to be working. Not even right now as I sit here at work. And I am not planning to commit myself to do any amount of work at all. I just know that I can do some short telephonic conferences and such that won't require much prep here and there. And I just can't pass up the pay. We were already planning to go without it, so now we have (in just the last 10 minutes) made some great plans for this unexpected pay that will really benefit the baby. Maybe I'm crazy! But I think it will work out great!

23. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@T.H.O.U.: And thank you so much. I am totally not going to offer. And I am going to take 12-16 weeks off.

24. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: I will say that I wasn't a newborn person with my son. I had a really really hard time. Others do better. I will wouldn't commit to any work on leave until you know how you feel during that time.

25. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@agold: Also, I dont know about their plans, but my office would not let me bill any hours while I was on FMLA because they could be fined or something. So I had to wait until my OB cleared me at 6 weeks anyways.

26. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Good thinking! I will revise my previous post until I get this figured out. ETA: My work isn't large enough to qualify for FMLA.

27. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

Just returned from my 34w checkup. Baby girl's heartbeat is strong, my weight gain is on track, she's head down (woo!)....and the silly tape measure puts the fundal height at....5 WEEKS AHEAD again. Dr isn't concerned. I'll have another ultrasound in 2 weeks.

ETA: Got the Tdap. Shot itself was fine. I just wonder how sore I'll be for how long. Worth it, though.

28. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pregnantbee: Great to hear that baby girl is doing well!!

29. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: Me, too. I just wish I were more comfortable.

30. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@agold: I agree with @pregnantbee: @ShootingStar: @T.H.O.U.: . My maternity leave was hard. I had tons of additional appointments for LO and for me due to complications during and post birth. I was in no shape to work, and even after I was (which would have been rough shape around 8ish weeks), I just wanted to *be.* I knew I would be back at work before I knew it, and I really just wanted to maximize cuddles and snuggles. Everyone is different, but I think you have the right idea with the wait and see approach!

@pregnantbee: Yay for a great appointment! I had my 30 week appointment today--a week late due to last week's unexpected hospital slumber party--and everything looks good and is on track! I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable. I am finding it harder and harder to be comfortable, especially at night.

@ShootingStar: So glad you had a good appointment too, and that everything is chill on the BP front!

@LCTBQE: My tdap hurt like a son-of-a-Idon'tknowwhat. I was incredibly surprised at how sore my shoulder was and for how long!

I am LOVING all the going home outfits!

31. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

I'm in hell, but hotter. This is what my car said when I got in it. Actual temperature is 97, but the "feels like" temp is 109, and my car just baked in the sun at work all day. 😱😓

32. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: Now that's just insane!! YUCK.

33. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@MrsSCB: have mercy! 🔥🔥🔥

34. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsSCB: I hope you have access to a pool that you hop into!

35. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@MrsSCB: it's supposed to be 115 here tomorrow. Not feels like, legit 115. All anyone can talk about is the forecast, and how uncomfortable I will be. I keep responding "I don't think you'll be more comfortable than me". At 115 hot is hot is hot. But at least I'm in a dry heat?!

36. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@LCTBQE: yes!!! Let's have a delivery date at sinai! maybe our babies can play in the nursery together haha. I'll be there a few days, so it's a good possibility! Btw you were able to order the pump already? I think my insurance makes you wait till 30 days before your due date.

OMG tdap... Last time I got it, my arm, shoulder and neck were inflamed and in horrible pain for a week! Not looking forward to getting it again.

@coopsmama: you poor thing I hope you feel better! And that your family doesn't get chicken pox.

@agold: awesome news about your leave! Just to give you perspective from the other side, I worked while on leave. My leave was totally unpaid, so it was great being able to make a little money, and also to have a little chance to use my brain and get back to normalcy before heading back to work. I found that newborns sleep a lot, so it wasn't a big deal. But I guess I had an easy newborn? I think not committing to anything is a good plan, but you don't need to totally write off the idea. I think it also depends if your husband will be around to pitch in (like if you need quiet time for a conference call or something).

Thanks for the reminder, I need a going home outfit! Loving all your choices!

37. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: 115, that is crazy! 😩 The humidity is pretty killer here, but 115 is HOT. And yes, I get a lot of comments. Last night I told someone, "we're all hot here!" and she was like, "well, it's worse for you." Ok, just trying to be positive! lol

@pregnantbee: @pregnantbee: @agold: @pwnstar: we do have a pool, though I've mostly just been staying inside. Of course I just got a text from my friend, whose one-year-old's bday party I'm going to tomorrow, that we'll be "outside, but in the shade." Say whaaa?!

38. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: Hahahaha outside in the shade? Yeah, that'll be much better. <insert eye roll here>

I've also started getting the "you're gonna be hot this summer" comments. I reply with something like...."well, so will you. Good thing I have access to air conditioning wherever I go!"

39. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pregnantbee: right? At 97 degrees and humid, I'm sure the shade will be just delightful...it was a mass text that mentioned to parents that there will be a water table. I'm gonna push all those kids aside and just lay on it and yes, thank goodness for AC!

40. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: I literally just laughed out loud at my cube at work. I hope my boss doesn't ask what's up.....

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee