Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. MRSWHIT1

pea / 15 posts

These are my two I have to choose from for going home outfits!
    My husband was wanting her to come home in Camo (hahahaha) so the deer one will probably win out!

2. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@AprilFool: So happy your growth scan went well. Can't wait to find out what you're having

@T.H.O.U. Love that your daughter wants her sister to wear the same outfit. It sounds really cute!

@MrsSCB: Thank you! Our son was 7 lbs 3 oz and only wore NB for a week or 2. We put him in a 0-3 going home outfit.

@MRSWHIT1: So cute!

3. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

I LOVE seeing all these little outfits!
    I think I've decided, but I may change my mind when the new stuff comes out for fall, or when I do some shopping on our vacation.

32 weeks today! This is a pretty big milestone for me, as it means even if the baby came now (stay in, baby!) it would most likely be totally okay. My husband, who has spent a lot of time working in the NICU, feels similarly relieved!

I'm trying to decide what/how much to bring on our vacation. I know I have to call our insurance company (delightfully, my insurance change happens the day before we leave) to confirm where I should go if I need medical care.
    I also decided to bring the bucket seat (not the base or anything) because it makes me feel better. And my doctor told me to bring a copy of my medical records. Its extremely unlikely anything will happen, but would you guys bring anything else? I will be 34 weeks (turning 35 while I'm there).

4. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@MRSWHIT1: Adorable! Love the matching headbands.

5. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@T.H.O.U.: @pregnantbee: So thanks for giving me a kick in the butt last night!! I mentioned to my boss today that we need to talk about maternity leave. He said "how much do you plan to take" (this was all in passing while I yelled out him as he walked past my office ) I said "I can take it all unpaid from here. the state will pay 12 weeks and I like to take all of it." He said "so three months.. lets see what we can do." Soooooo.... I take that as a positive response and good first step. He didn't say no. He didn't look horrified. Phew. AND.... more importantly Husband and I built the crib and changing table last night! Woo hoo!

6. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsSCB: @LCTBQE: @pregnantbee: Cute going home outfits! I have only picked out size Newborn. Do you think I should bring extra sizes just in case? And do you think long sleeve and long pants is best, even if its summer? Someone around here mentioned that yes, its best, because new baby skin is so sensitive and you don't want car seat straps bothering the baby.

@MRSWHIT1: OMG. So cute. Are those from etsy or somewhere like that? I really want an etsy outfit that says "brand sparkling new". But it doesn't seem soft enough for a baby.

Here's two take home options that I bought. I'm obsessed with pima cotton or anything that feels like it:

7. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Silva: Congrats on hitting 32 weeks! I was trying to remember what number of weeks that it is that baby will be relatively okay if born. So 32 weeks. Phew. I'm almost there!!

@OldpuebloJenn: I'm so glad to know that I am not the only one feeling okay about heading to the hospital without a name picked out.

8. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@agold: Thats great!

9. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@agold: both are so cute! I'm obviously no expert, haha, but I do now plan on bringing a backup larger outfit juuuust in case. And I also debated on the long sleeves, footed thing, but ultimately decided in favor because we'll be in cool air conditioning the vast majority of the time. The fabric of the outfit I bought is lightweight cotton, so not too heavy.

10. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

I had an 8.5 pound baby and he was in newborn for 5 weeks (though we probably should've switched him at 4). Unless they're 10 pounds +, they're probably ok in newborn When he was tiny I felt like he looked kind of ridiculous in clothes that were too big, I liked him in stuff that fit.

11. MRSWHIT1

pea / 15 posts

@agold
    The pants and bows are from etsy and the onesies my friend made!

12. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@ShootingStar: Thank you, good to know re: sizing. God help me I don't have a 10 pound baby.

@MRSWHIT1: THanks! So adorable!! look at this one!
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/271572148/baby-girl-take-home-outfit-newborn-baby?ref=related-2
    But when would you put a baby in that? Seems not soft enough.

13. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: I think I literally only had 1 NB sleeper. I just didn't buy more, so I let him wear too big 0-3 And then cried when he outgrew that

14. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: Oh. The general rule for dressing a baby is to put on one more layer than you would wear yourself. They can't regulate their temperature when they are so new and little. That said, I didn't go crazy with hats and whatnot outside since my son was also a summer baby. I was, however, in A/C a lot, so I kept that in mind when dressing him.

First time mom confession that people, especially @mediagirl: will laugh at: I didn't know that you weren't really supposed to take baby out and about in just a onesie. I didn't even think about putting pants on him for a month! He lived in sleepers and onesies for quite awhile.

ETA: There's no hard rule about this or anything. My friend just told me it was weird for baby not to wear pants, too

15. T.H.O.U.

I agree that unless baby is over 10lbs, you will probably need NB sizes for coming home outfits. My kids were 9.7 and 9.3 and they both wore NB for the first week or two. They did however start out right in size 1 diapers.

16. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@T.H.O.U.: @pregnantbee: Thanks for these tips!

So random... but I bought a 34D bra from target this past weekend. It has straps that can be removed. Well, the straps are connected to the bra at a point that they are pretty much under my arm pits. I can't even stand the straps! So I had to take them off at work the other day, it was that bad. And go figure... the bra is so very comfortable as a strapless! I've been wearing it like that ever since. Best $14.99 ever spent!

17. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

One of these will be our going home outfit, I haven't decided which yet

18. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@AprilFool: Aaah, both so cute!

19. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@pregnantbee: wait. Tell me more about not supposed to take a baby out in just a onesie?! Who says? Why?
    I don't really recall taking my daughter out in just a onesie, but I'm sure I did. Thank goodness no one shamed me, but I've never heard that rule.

ETA: she came home in a diaper and kimono shirt from the hospital because I never packed a going home outfit. Although, we did have a blanket!

20. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: LOL You're the best! Well.....I really don't know? My friend was surprised I did that and then jokingly laughed at me....but it never occurred to me it was "socially unacceptable" not to put pants over a onesie.

21. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@pregnantbee: but they sell onesies by themselves, not with pants, add ruffles to the butt and still we are supposed to do pants?! I'm so confused!
    We did baby legs or a swaddle blanket over a lot, because I DO know that sunscreen isn't recommended till after 6mo.
    Also, my DH's cousin puts onesies on over pants. That absolutely confounds me?!

22. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: Ha! Yes. Not everything comes with matching pants. This may be why I truly did't know. I'd personally never do a onesie OVER pants....

I dunno. Anyone else care to chime in?

23. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

Personally when they're little I always put pants with onesies just because their legs are so thin and funny looking. Once they have some chub and it's warm enough I don't bother with pants. DD came home in just a onesie, I wasn't sure if we were staying overnight when I dressed her and didn't want to change her before leaving.

24. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: @pregnantbee: A onesie over pants? WUT. No, I haven't ever done that (and in my mind it's against the *rules* of baby dressing)!

Eta: if LO was wearing just a onesie, sometimes I would do leg warmers (like Babylegs) instead of pants (much easier for changes!).

25. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@AprilFool: @pwnstar: It totally makes sense to put pants over their tiny little legs. I just wasn't thinking. This time around, maybe I should invest in a boatload of Babylegs It really would make changing easier!

ETA: My husband would be thrilled that it's not just more moccasins entering the house....

26. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@pregnantbee: I didn't always put pants on. Especially if we were staying home. My LO spent a lot of time in the first couple of weeks in a kimono top, a diaper, socks, and a swaddle! It's just so hot here, and I was holding/nursing her almost around the clock some days!

27. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

Oh my gosh, you guys. I am 99% sure I have shingles. I was dealing with itching and a headache in specific area early last weekend and it developed into a weird patch on my forehead that went into my hairline and eyebrow. My eyelid also seems to be slightly affected. It was a very bump rash that has since broken out into blisters that are opening up and there is so much pain. I was thinking it was just bad acne or a bug bite but it is so tingly, painful, and isolated to the one side of my face/body. My lymph nodes are also really swollen on that one side! My mom came over today and said it looks like shingles.

I am well past the 72 hour point for antivirals if so (and not even sure I could take them while pregnant) but may still go to urgent care tonight after my husband gets home - especially because there can be complications when near the eye. We will see. Thankfully I looked and many women have had shingles while pregnant and it doesn't seem to be an issue. I knew life had been running a mile a minute and I've felt stressed but I didn't realize it was to this extent.

At any rate, I have my 32 week appointment with my midwife tomorrow and will discuss with her as well. What a nightmare. My forehead has never looked quite so terrible and the pain is intense.

28. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@coopsmama: Oh no! That sounds terrible I hope you can get something to help you get over it quickly. Please keep us posted.

29. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@pregnantbee: When we're home with a little one, I usually prefer rompers or just a onesie on the baby because I have them wrapped in a blanket in the swing or in their bouncer or rock n play and I feel like that is enough coverage. All 3 of my pregnancies have been summer due dates though so I am sure that is part of the reason why. When we went out I usually chose pants if we'd be in AC or a little romper or onesie/short set if not but it gets really warm here.

30. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@coopsmama: Sounds reasonable to me!

31. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@pregnantbee: I know! And if so I haven't been cautious about transmission at all. My children have some genetic markers so they are not fully vaccinated - one of which they have never received is varicella per their ped's direction. Shingles can give chicken pox to the unvaccinated! I'm not terribly concerned because at their age it is likely to be mild and with timing and all that we should be well done with it when the baby comes (I have had two late babies and anticipate another!) but still not even close to awesome.

32. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@coopsmama: I'm so sorry! That sounds awful. Just awful! I hope you feel better soon and that your kiddos (and DH) stay healthy.

33. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@coopsmama: Ouch that sounds awful! I'm so sorry. Fingers crossed for you that it goes away super quickly.

34. stratosphere

apricot / 329 posts

@coopsmama: Oh no! So sorry you might have shingles! I got shingles last summer (on my side right at my waistband area) and thought they were 100 tiny spider bites or something for a few days...then I showed my mom and she said nope, that's shingles, so I went to the doctor where it was confirmed. I started anti-virals right after the 72-hour mark and I don't know if they helped or not but ultimately it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd expected. And it didn't leave a scar, either (even though I typically scar very easily).

My heart is with you, as I imagine it is WAY more painful on your head, where there are so many more nerve endings!

35. T.H.O.U.

@coopsmama: oh no! I'm sorry. The immune system during pregnancy is so wonky!

36. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@pwnstar: @dcw6411: @T.H.O.U.: Thanks ladies for the support and sympathy!

@stratosphere: Yes! Exactly! I would never have thought shingles - I assumed it was something only the elderly got for some reason! I definitely was thinking just bug bites and now feel so silly. It's been something like 100 hours now so not sure it would be worth it. Ugh. Decisions, decisions - should I go in tonight or not? Or wait for my midwife appt first thing tomorrow and go to the doc afterwards if she tells me to? Debating.

37. stratosphere

apricot / 329 posts

@coopsmama: Could you call your midwife/practice/on-call nurse now and ask if the anti-virals are pregnancy safe before you bother going in tonight? If they're not recommended (or over your risk tolerance) while pregnant then def don't bother going in tonight. But if they're something you'd be OK taking then going in and starting on them tonight might make a difference. Good luck, and feel better!! Get lots of rest and try to get as much help as you can to allow you to rest over the next week as your body fights it.

38. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@pregnantbee: DS was a nov baby, so it didn't occur to me to take him out in just a onesie. And btw it was warm I did a lot of rompers. With an August baby...maybe I'd do just a onesie? I have to say I probably wouldn't, but might depend on where we were going. And I don't think I'd give it a 2nd thought if I saw a newborn out in a onesie. At least, not as long as it was something more than a plain white undershirt type. That I might think was weird.

This is our going home outfit, I think I've posted it before. I had a lot of debate over something with sleeves and pants or something short. I went with something more summery and I'll use a muslin blanket with it when we're in ac.

39. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

Swaddle...

40. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@ShootingStar: Maybe if it were colder I would have thought to put pants on him. Love the going home outfit and swaddle blanket!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee