Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Silva: @coopsmama: @MrsSCB: @pwnstar: Broken record here, too. And it's generally the same for me. Where I wake up and am generally ok -- slow, but ok. Knock out a few errands. Slowing down by 2 p.m. Then my bump goes rock hard for the rest of the day even though I'm drinking water, etc. Can't eat much dinner or it keeps me awake with reflux/heartburn. Repeat. Ugh. Still nothing happening today.

2. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

Due Dates as of 7/27

MRSWHIT1 (Born 7/15) - 0 Months, 16 Days
    July 24: Thismustbetheplace (#2) - 40 w, 3 d
    APRILFOOL (#2 Jack born 7/22 - 0 Months, 5 Days
    July 26: Umberto (#1 ) - 40 w, 1 d
    July 28: TeawithPaloma (#2) - 39 w, 6 d
    dcw6411 (#3 Luke born 7/21 ) - 0 Months, 6 Days
    July 30: pregnantbee (#2 ) - 39 w, 4 d
    Mossyslane (#2 born 7/13) - 0 Months, 14 Days
    AANDMKLOVER (#3 Wes born 7/12) - 0 Months, 15 Days
    August 1: MrsBeluga (#2 ) - 39 w, 2 d
    Coffeemom (#2 born 7/12) - 0 Months, 15 Days
    mrschickpea (#1 Anya born 7/18) - 0 Months, 9 Days
    August 11: silva (#2 ) - 37 w, 6 d
    August 11: coopsmama (#3 ) - 37 w, 6 d
    August 13: glitter (#2 ) - 37 w, 4 d
    August 16: oldpuebloJenn (#2 ) - 37 w, 1 d
    August 16: MrsSCB (#1 ) - 37 w, 1 d
    August 16: T.H.O.U. (#3 ) - 37 w, 1 d
    August 17: KOALAHUGZ (#2 ) - 37 w, 0 d
    August 18: pwnstar (#2 ) - 36 w, 6 d
    August 19: stratosphere (#2 C/S 8/16) - 36 w, 5 d
    August 20: jojogirl (#2 ) - 36 w, 6 d
    August 22: shootingstar (#2 C/S 8/16) - 36 w, 2 d
    August 24: agold (#1 ) - 36 w, 0 d
    August 25: LCTBQE (#1 ) - 35 w, 6 d
    August 28: mrskerch (#1 ) - 35 w, 3 d
    August 29: clairhuxtable (#2 ) - 35 w, 2 d
    August 30: pirouette (#2 ) - 35 w, 1 d

3. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@Silva: I did a Waldorf class like that with my DD. Lol about the challenging parents! One class, and thankfully for one class, there was a mom who cloth diapered (most of us did) but she made her own diapers using hemp (ahem) and wool from the sheep they kept illegally in town!

4. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pwnstar: Exactly!

@pregnantbee: I have so many great ideas while I'm at work that I'll go home and organize stuff or do laundry or whatever. And then mostly I just sit....and feel bad when my husband comes home and is doing a bunch of work around the house and I'm still sitting we're having a cleaning person come on Friday for the first time ever, and I'm excited, but kind of embarrassed about how much of a mess our place is. I feel like I need to clean before they come, but I'm just so. tired.

5. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: Sounds familiar, but I'm not even at work anymore. Haha! Yay for cleaners. All you need to do is tidy surfaces so that it's easier for them to get to. Otherwise, they've seen it all -- not worth stressing over!

6. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pregnantbee: True, I'm a little embarrassed about cat hair lingering on the couch and stuff, but I'm sure they've been to other places with dogs and cats. It's just an inevitable fact of life when you have furry animals living in your home I suppose.

7. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

Oh girls... did I tell you all that I had a punch biopsy done two weeks ago on a good size freckle that has turned black? The results came back today as "abnormal." Has anyone dealt with this? The lingering pain from the initial biopsy was horrible and only just went away a couple of days ago. I really don't want to have more skin cut out. Such a bummer. And I was told that I need to schedule a new appointment with the dermatologist on an "urgent" basis. But I'm already going to the doctor three times a week because of the baby monitoring. This sucks re: the timing, at the least.

8. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@agold: I'm sorry, that sounds scary and terrible timing!!

9. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

Appt went fine, cervix is soft but closed. Probably better for me mentally than being told I'm 3cm dilated, because now in starting to prepare myself for the next few weeks!

10. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Silva: Thanks. It is crappy timing. I'm really trying not to worry about it and am assuming its going to be totally nothing and a big waste of time for the sake of my own sanity. Ugh. Suppose I should stay out of the sun. Too bad my sister is having a 40th birthday party with a bunch of girls this weekend and we are renting a pool cabana for the day by the beach. Nope, not missing that one!

And I'm so glad your appointment went okay!

11. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@agold: I'm sorry, I don't have any advice but that sounds really stressful

@Silva: I hear you on the mental thing. Even though I know cervical checks don't really mean anything, I'll admit I was a liitttttle bit disappointed to not progress beyond a one at all between my last two appointments. And I'm sure I'll feel the same next week if I don't progress again. I do like knowing, because I'm a nosy person (even when it comes to my own ladyparts, apparently ) but it's hard not to hope for "good" news!

12. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsSCB: Thank you. I actually only went to get this thing checked out in the first place because one of my best girlfriends had a similar looking spot on her leg that turned out to be stage 1b melanoma - while she was pregnant! So I know pregnancy hormones can change things in a girl's body - and I certainly did a number to myself with all of the IVF meds I injected into my body multiple a times a day for way too many months. Time will tell, right? Surely I won't die but I just hope I don't have to much pain from this crap. I'm throwing a pity party and feel like resigning myself to an epidural asap because I'd just like to be numb for a little bit.

13. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: Sorry, no advice, but sorry you're going through this. What terrible timing. Hope it all turns out to simply be a waste of time. Cute pic btw.

14. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@agold: As annoying--and concerning--as it is, don't delay doing the follow up. How you feel may change dramatically in the next week or two. I'm sorry you're going through this, and hope it turns out to be an abundance of caution exercise.

As for me, this time of day is when the suck factor really starts to kick in (especially today. because DH is OOT). My belly and sides are so tight, it's so much harder to breathe, my hips and low back ache, and the swelling . . . *augh*

15. T.H.O.U.

@agold: I'm glad your getting it taken care of. I had a dark spot on my cheek and after I had my son, it changed and was raised. It came back pre cancerous too. They just had to laser it off. Hormones are weird!

16. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pwnstar: @pregnantbee: Thanks, girls. I'm totally not going to delay. Well, just a tiny bit. I called to make the follow up appointment and they said tomorrow, and I asked for monday of next week. This week just sort of sucks already for me to throw that in.

And just to make my day more of a downer.... my husband was supposed to pick me up 30 minutes ago so we could go celebrate our 4.5 year anniversary since i was on bed rest when our actual 4 year anniversary came up. Well, he's not here and not answering his phone. He's very likely asleep since he worked last night and had a rough night. So I'm not mad. My fault for trying to do this on a day his work week ends. But I'm literally going to cry from just a stupid day. Also, I decided to call and pre-register at my hospital and they said my insurance isn't active. Umm.. I've been on the phone all day with my insurance because of the stupid biopsy thing so I know its active. Lame day. Sorry to rant. Going to order an uber at some point, I guess.

17. T.H.O.U.

@Silva: I agree I'm just trying to prepare for the long haul.

18. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: ugh, I'm sorry I hope your day gets better from here. It's not over yet!

19. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@agold: oh. hugs for just a crap day. I hope your husband wakes soon so you can still go celebrate!

20. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@agold: oh my gosh what a crap week you're having definitely glad you're going in to the dermatologist and hope it turns out to be nothing. I have 3 or 4 larger-than-usual freckles that have appeared during this pregnancy that I was planning to go get checked after the baby comes. they're not raised and there's nothing very alarming about them, but maybe I'll go now instead... I would just let your OB know what's going on, they might have an opinion on how you're treated at the dermatologist. and just do a makeup dinner this weekend! disappointing that he's not there now, but it can still be nice
    ETA: don't tell yourself that you did a number on your body with IVF, that didn't cause this and you gotta do what you gotta do. hugs. also I am totally getting the epidural, so you're not alone in wanting to numb out

@Umberto: ha, I don't feel maternal, either. well, I do, but it's towards puppies, not humans. let's see how it goes. also I don't think I realized, are you in Australia or something?? @pwnstar: people keep telling me (I mean people I trust!) that it's all going to kick in when I see the baby, yet I'm still scared that it won't I'll keep you posted.

21. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@MrsSCB: @pwnstar: yeah, I am finally understanding why people are willing to pay through the nose for this stuff or go to extreme MIL measures (!!! ) after visiting the not-great day care last night. I'm hopeful we'll get to the feeling-okay place that yall are in. we went to another one this morning before work that was a very similar setup--I think in Brooklyn they all are--but seemed a lot more cheerful and interactive, had outdoor space so they can get some sunlight, and it's a LOT closer to our house and the same price. @Silva: I asked about staff turnover and the people I met had been there for 2-3 years, so, not bad. actually pwnstar, I think the first inkling of maternal instinct kicking in might be my sadness/reluctance at the idea of leaving him somewhere 9 hours a day. wish I could peace out of my career for a year and then pick it back up, but this is America. it does help so much to know that you felt the same way

@T.H.O.U.: @Silva: glad the appointments are going well but fingers crossed under the table for things to pick up the pace!

@ShootingStar: ugh BLESS to this being your last week in the office. I'm going in through 8/10 and it could not come soon enough, it is so fucking uncomfortable to sit in that chair for 9 hours. and you're not alone, literally the only conversation I have with anyone is "you're still here?! when are you going to have that baby?" "yeah here I am; 4 weeks" or "how are you feeling mama?" "tired". WOOF. it's almost the 8th though maybe there's a TV show you could binge until then?

ETA @MrsSCB: I don't think this is what you were talking about (or was it?) but every place we've considered requires a 1 month deposit ($1900-ish) to secure a spot. purportedly you get it back one day when your kid is in grade school after having been raised by other people

ETA 2: in exciting gear news, my Freestyle came today, which means it's less than a month until the due date, wheeee.

22. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

Also! (sorry for flooding the feed) weight gain question to anyone who wants to answer: did you the first time or are you now gaining much in these last 4 weeks? my gain seems to have slowed down a bit, probably because the nausea is back (thx for nothing, hormones/reflux combo pack) and my stomach is pushed up into my neck. but still guessing a pound a week or so it typical for the last month?

23. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@Silva: That actually sounds like a really nice time - I can see why you do it. I don't think we have anything like that offered around here but if we did I would be interested. It can be hard to meet parents in the same "stage" as your own kids so this would be a fabulous built in way to get to know some folks going through the same thing as you while also just having some time to relax and soak up some parenting thoughts. I hope your class is full of quality people so that you will want to keep going back.

And darn about the closed cervix. I was debating having mine checked Friday but now want to be blissfully ignorant I think since you reported yours and we're on the same day. I imagine mine would be similar. When did you deliver your first again?

@agold: Sorry to hear about the biopsy results! I hope this doesn't turn into anything big but am glad to hear you will get it looked at further.

@LCTBQE: I feel like I didn't gain much between 32-36 weeks but lately have been gaining more. Mostly due to my crappy diet here at the end - I seem to be craving very naughty things and giving in far too frequently.

24. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@LCTBQE: First pregnancy gained nothing from 36 weeks on. Second, I gained the most in the last four weeks.

@agold: Hoping it turns out to be nothing.

25. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@LCTBQE: With this pregnancy I had a total gain of 1 pound during the last 4 weeks, which made me a bit nervous. Ironically, this baby turned out to be my biggest baby by almost 2 pounds!

26. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@agold: I'm sorry things are so rough right now. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing at all, and it's good that you are getting it checked out and taking care of, even though it's super stressful. I hope you made it home safely and your night turned out ok.

27. futuremama

clementine / 854 posts

@LCTBQE: I only gained a half lb total in the last 4 wks with DD1. I just had no appetite. DD2 was born at 37w3d do I'm not sure how much more I would've gained, but it definitely slowed again at the end. I think that's pretty normal.

28. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@coopsmama: I went into labor on my due date! And as of my last appt, which I think was probably 5 days before, I was only 50% effaced. So I'm not totally surprised. I was hopeful that maybe I'd have this one at like....39 weeks, which would be ideal. But I'm really trying to get it into my head that I'm going to 40 again!
    Trying to keep busy is the best strategy I've got. I feel like I'm dragging my toddler all over the place, but I just can't handle long days at home right now.
    I think my husband is going to take her to visit some family one day this weekend and I've got big plans to clean and sew, so I'm looking forward to that alone time! And my mom is back from her vacation on Friday, and I fully anticipate taking advantage of some grandma care next week.

29. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@LCTBQE: I didn't gain anything in the last week, my doctor said it was totally fine!

30. T.H.O.U.

Haha Ive been the opposite with weight gain for all three of my pregnancies. Starting around week 32, its just a pound a week no matter what I really do. I think a lot of it is that I never really got swollen until the very end so I think a lot of that is water weight. I also think my babies like to grow a lot in that last trimester.

31. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@LCTBQE: yeah, the deposit is definitely typical -- I had to pay one month, but it will be used to pay for our last month whenever we leave. We also have to start paying regular monthly tuition at eight weeks old, even though he still won't attend for a few weeks.

And re: weight -- mine has been variable the whole time and still is. It does seem to have slowed lately. But I didn't gain anything for two weeks, then gained 1.5 lbs over a week...unpredictable!

32. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@LCTBQE: I'm so glad I am not the only one who is pretty sure she's only maternal toward puppies. My puppy girl is my baby. I'm trying hard to do what the books tell us to do and slowly decrease engaging with the dogs so they're not in total shock when the baby comes but it is so hard! Especially since I'm spending more time at home now than ever before and it's just us during the day.

33. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@LCTBQE: with my first I gained ALL the weight before 32 weeks, and this time I just put on 3lbs between 36 and 37 weeks.

34. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pregnantbee: @OldpuebloJenn: @LCTBQE: @AprilFool: @dcw6411: Oh you girls are so nice. Sorry for my pity party here last night. Alls well that ends well! Husband picked me up (albiet an hour or so late) and we had a great night! He wanted to buy me something to make it up to me but no clothes or shoes fit at the moment! And OB this morning had no real concern at all for my abnormal biopsy result. She just said that as long as it isn't anything serious, maybe wait until after the baby comes to do the wider excision if that's what they want to do.

@LCTBQE: Thanks for your kind words about me not ruining myself with IVF meds. And I'm really hoping you are get comfortable with your day care situation. I'm sorry you can't take a year off. There are lots of jobs that let people do that. My sister is a tenured teacher and she was able to take a year off and have her job held for her until she gets back. I could take a year off since we've kept our housing costs so low. I don't know that my job would be held for me but I feel like I would be able to get a different but similar job as long as I didn't take too long off. Are you sure there is no way for you to take off all the time you need? I think its often just a hard choice of shifting priorities. I'm personally totally not ready to give up my income.

@LCTBQE: My weight gain has slowed. OB appointment today said I didn't gain any weight between last week and this week. But I did have a HUGE breakfast before I went in today so I was totally surprised by that. I would love to not gain much more weight but I will be happy to do anything this baby needs.

35. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@Silva: Woah! Going into labor on your due date! That's rare. I've always figured I'd go late with this one - especially since I went 10 days later with my second than I did with my first. So I've not had a week in mind...earlier would be ideal just because I'm so over being pregnant, but I expect to see 41 weeks again just like I did last time.

36. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@coopsmama: I am not at all mentally prepared to go past my due date. I have zero reason to expect to go early, other than sometimes it seems like it would be impossible to be this uncomfortable and not eject the baby. It's all a mental game and I'm totally losing.
    I am now just hoping for maybe some progress by my 39 week appt because I will have no shame about asking them to strip me at that point.

37. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@Silva: I am so with you! I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a scheduled c/s (baby is still breech and has a ton of cord around/by his face and neck), and I know it will be scheduled during my 39th week. I cannot tell you how much I am hoping that it is ON the first day of the 39th week. Or that I go into labor before then . . . because my body is just done.

38. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@coopsmama: @AprilFool: @dcw6411: @futuremama: @Silva: @OldpuebloJenn: @T.H.O.U.: @MrsSCB: @agold: okay, sounds like it is a *completely* mixed bag with the last month weight gain. as long as my body doesn't go crazy packing it on, I don't care what happens. I feel the same as agold, I just want the baby to get what he needs. I think I also feel like after all this, I'm kind of defeated and vanity has pretty much gone out the window.

and brilliant me, after asking this question, I totally forgot to look at the scale today at my 36 week appointment perhaps for the best. I'm 1cm dialated and 50% effaced, baby is definitely head-down but not yet engaged. I asked for a quick sonogram because I was a lil paranoid about fluid levels, and I'm at a 13, so no problems.

@MrsKerch: OMG, disengaging with the dog? if my bunny was still with me I would be like: "FUCK. THAT." but I'm immature and can't imagine how there wouldn't be enough love/attention to go around to the black furry critters and the baby both.

39. T.H.O.U.

Can someone repost the newborn diaper bag list?

40. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@pwnstar: let us know if/when they schedule you in! that's only two weeks from now (as if you didn't know)

@agold: glad your OB isn't concerned and that you got to celebrate after all, lady. I've also given up on clothes and shoes for the time being and I think I'm actually saving a lot of money this summer! or rather, it's being re-directed to plastic baby apparatus crap

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee