Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@pregnantbee: I am so excited to see this update!!

2. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

Thismustbetheplace (#2 born 7/28) - w, 0 d
    APRILFOOL (#2 Jack born 7/22 - 0 Months, 8 Days
    Umberto (#1 Anna born 7/29) - 0 Months, 1 Days
    July 28: TeawithPaloma (#2) - 40 w, 2 d
    dcw6411 (#3 Luke born 7/21 ) - 0 Months, 9 Days
    pregnantbee (#2 born 7/29) - 0 Months, 1 Days
    Mossyslane (#2 born 7/13) - 0 Months, 17 Days
    AANDMKLOVER (#3 Wes born 7/12) - 0 Months, 18 Days
    August 1: MrsBeluga (#2 ) - 39 w, 5 d
    Coffeemom (#2 born 7/12) - 0 Months, 18 Days
    mrschickpea (#1 Anya born 7/18) - 0 Months, 12 Days
    August 11: silva (#2 ) - 38 w, 2 d
    August 11: coopsmama (#3 ) - 38 w, 2 d
    August 13: glitter (#2 ) - 38 w, 0 d
    August 16: oldpuebloJenn (#2 ) - 37 w, 4 d
    August 16: MrsSCB (#1 ) - 37 w, 4 d
    August 16: T.H.O.U. (#3 ) - 37 w, 4 d
    August 17: KOALAHUGZ (#2 ) - 37 w, 3 d
    August 18: pwnstar (#2 ) - 37 w, 2 d
    August 19: stratosphere (#2 C/S 8/16) - 37 w, 1 d
    August 20: jojogirl (#2 ) - 37 w, 2 d
    August 22: shootingstar (#2 C/S 8/16) - 36 w, 5 d
    August 24: agold (#1 ) - 36 w, 3 d
    August 25: LCTBQE (#1 ) - 36 w, 2 d
    August 28: mrskerch (#1 ) - 35 w, 6 d
    August 29: clairhuxtable (#2 ) - 35 w, 5 d
    August 30: pirouette (#2 ) - 35 w, 4 d

3. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: It was at MFM and unfortunately I think their equipment is fairly accurate. Of course it's not perfect and they gave me a range for what she is now. I'll just have to really watch my sugar. But I think in the last 4 weeks she gained about 2 pounds, so that's only an average of .25/week.

Fingers crossed I go early. I'm guessing based on how it was with DS that things may start happen late next week (37w) or sometime the week after. I had false labor repeatedly at 38w but DS was never this low.

4. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@ShootingStar: so much for my wishful thinking!

5. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

My Pinterest/nesting moment for today: I made padsicles for recovery. you can find lots of recipes on Pinterest, I used aloe vera gel (I like Lilly of the desert brand- no artificial green color), witch hazel, and tea tree oil. I made 8 all together and they are in the freezer!

6. T.H.O.U.

@OldpuebloJenn: nice! DH just cleaned our bathroom so getting out the PP supplies is next on my list.

7. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

Thoughtless pregnancy comment of the day: "you look like you're about to explode." This from my DH's grandma.

8. T.H.O.U.

@coopsmama: old ladies really have no filter.

At target the other day I got a God Bless You

9. T.H.O.U.

I've got 19 days in my worst case count down.

What's your worst case count down? Any other count downs you looking at?

10. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: OMG those look amazing. Yeah. Totally didn't even think to do that. Awesome idea.

11. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@coopsmama: Ugh. People!

I can't wait for people to ask my newly post-partum self when I'm due. Bc you all know it's going to happen when when I'm with my newborn. Bc people!

12. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I am really freaked out by the thought of going to the 25. It would mean very, very little time with my mom to help us.

13. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@T.H.O.U.: good question, I'm hoping to find out at my appointment Tuesday. I don't even know yet at what point past due date my doc starts talking induction. And right now, I really feel like I'll be getting to that point...

14. T.H.O.U.

I told my OB that after my due date I want to be in the hospital (if I could pick Thurs 8/18). He is pretty much fine with anything after my EDD since I've had two great inductions.

15. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@pregnantbee: I had someone make a comment to that effect and TOUCH MY STOMACH when DS was about 7m 😖.

16. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@ShootingStar: *shakes fist* PEOPLE.

17. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@T.H.O.U.: My worst case is August 25th because the midwife I saw yesterday doesn't want me to be induced until then. (I delivered DD at 42 weeks under her care.) However, my 39 week and 40 week appointment are with a different midwife in the same practice and she prefers to schedule at 41 weeks so I'm thinking she may want August 18th. It would just depend on which midwife I want to deliver with, probably. And I DID love my experience with midwife number one but I really don't want to go to the 25th so I'm not sure what to do. I had a great induction so I'm not worried about that part, honestly. More about who I want to deliver with. I feel a lot of loyalty to our midwife.

@Silva: That's another consideration for us, too. My mom is actually flying out of state on August 25th. I told her yesterday that if I go as long as I did with number 2 my induction wouldn't be until that day. She asked me if she could cancel her flight (it's for a girl's trip vacation) and I said no way. But I would definitely miss her help that first day with my two kids.

@pregnantbee: Yes. That's happened to me after both of my previous births. The second woman who told me "cute bump" as I held my newborn's carseat (with said newborn in it) looked horrified when she realized that I had already delivered and gave me a big hug and said she owed me a stiff margarita. I forgave her pretty easily.

@ShootingStar: Oh my gosh. Touch your stomach?!?! Not ok.

18. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@T.H.O.U.: 17 days worse case scenario here! I've been having a few contractions today and yesterday so I'm *really* hoping she comes earlier.

@coopsmama: Yeah she said something about having kids so close together and patted my stomach. I literally cried afterwards. I've never been a skinny person and pregnancy + c-section wasn't that kind to my midsection.

19. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@ShootingStar: I would've cried, too. I think I've mentioned before that I had a major diastasis following with my first baby's birth. It will require surgical repair in the future once I'm 100% done with giving birth. In certain outfits, I look 5-6 months pregnant even when I am not. I try to dress to mask it a bit, but sometimes it's unavoidable. I feel bad hating the damage because it gave me my beautiful children, but at the same time, it really sucks to see people recover from pregnancy and childbirth without so much as a stretch mark when I'm dealing with major midsection issues. So I feel you completely. Yes, it's worth it. Yes, I'd do it again. But it still isn't fun.

20. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@ShootingStar: Sometimes people really suck. I'm so sorry that happened.

@coopsmama: It is so hard to not feel guilty when what bothers us is *just* aesthetic. Only it is part of who we are. I hate that we're made to feel ungrateful if we don't love every single part of pregnancy/pp/motherhood.

21. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Worst case? I'm not letting them out baby girl back in! 😂

22. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: omg. Sorry. I'm new and I don't know what those are. 🙈 I hate pads. I'm assuming they are not optional post-delivery. Please tell me exactly what you are doing with those pads.

23. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@agold: they'll give you one of these at the hospital post birth- it's an ice pack for your vag. Since I'll be home hours after birth, I made extras. And yeah, pads aren't optional although lots of girls choose to use depends briefs for ease. You'll be bleeding heavily for a while, and your bits will be so tender.

24. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

Best case scenario, baby stays in until September 1st!

What's the latest that any one had stretch marks show up? I started out this pregnancy at my highest weight ever. 20+ pounds over what I'd like to be. So I'm hoping I don't get stretch marks since I already have some on my hips from when I was like 10 years old.

25. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@agold: I like to use Depends briefs for a few days at the beginning like @OldpuebloJenn: mentioned because I tend to be a pretty heavy bleeder after giving birth and they work well for me. At that point I'm not leaving the house anyway so I'm not embarrassed by them haha! I then get heavy pads for the rest of the bleeding period. I would stock up if you haven't. Tampons, cups, etc. aren't an option. I have not really needed ice packs/pads after giving birth even though I had a second degree tear with my first so your mileage may vary with that - some of my friends really love and have needed them! They also give you an anti-pain spray at the hospital which works great if you need some instant relief on your parts. It's probably not the healthiest but I used it some and found it helpful.

I got stretch marks at 38 weeks with my first. And I went from none to all over! You're carrying really small though (don't take that as a criticism - I would love to look like you!!), lucky girl, and you may avoid them altogether!

@pwnstar: Thank you for saying that. Sometimes moms don't get enough credit for all the change and pain we go through! We should be allowed to articulate all of it without fearing judgment.

26. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: thanks for this info. So very interesting. What do you call these things you made? How can I make them?

@coopsmama: thank you for this info! I'm just a tad nervous about all of this bleeding. I really have the shortest lightest periods ever. So this is just call news to me about post birth bleeding. I did buy some full butt underwear but actually they aren't really full butt. So maybe I need some jockeys like my mom wears!

As for stretch marks. That is really not fair you got a ton at 38 weeks. I feel like that could happen to me because I'm feeling my skin start to get a little stretched. So yes, maybe I am carrying a little small. Although I do feel big. But I have wide hips and I'm not a small framed girl at all so it's just that the baby has lots of places to go other than out. I finally go for my third trimester ultrasound on Monday evening so I'm praying that baby girl is actually a nice good size. But as for stretch marks, i will be amazed if I avoid them. I got the ones on my hips in sixth grade and I will never forget this one girl pouting them out at a pool party and asking what they were. Id like to think I got them just from growing tall real fast. I actually have only grown like a couple of inches since sixth grade. Go figure.

27. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@agold: they are called padsicles. Here's the directions I used:
    Nighttime pads- you don't want thins. Open, but don't unwrap
    Aloe Vera gel- spread over length of pad
    Witch hazel- 1 tsp in the middle of pad
    Optional tea tree oil or lavender- 2-3 drop

Fold back up and place inside freezer bag and place in freezer. When you're ready to use, let them thaw for 3-5 minutes, place as a pad, and sit on a towel for relief!

28. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@agold: I got my only pregnancy related stretch marks at 36 weeks this pregnancy so you might scrape through

29. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@agold: Yes! Buy crappy underwear that is comfy but that you don't mind tossing after the postpartum period. I rarely (if ever) wear full butt underwear myself but I do use it in that PP period. The bleeding may not be so bad for you - it just varies! Mine usually only lasts 2 weeks while some gals don't bleed as much but bleed lightly for six weeks, etc. It all just depends! (Haha, no pun intended.)

@agold: You know, the women I know who had more space for baby to go (as opposed to me - smallest hips and my babies stick straight out!) were the ones that escaped without them! So again, you may get lucky. I hope so for your sake - that would be nice!

30. T.H.O.U.

Not only did I buy full butt undies but I like the kind that are granny high rise. Everything is so soft and mushy on my belly it actually was nicer to have something with a rise to hold it together

31. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: this padsicle recipe is awesome! I was going to look this up later today... Doing some freezer prep: breakfast burritos, taco filling, pulled pork and banana bread muffins this am. I woke up on a mission today 😉

32. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

I'm planning on appropriating a bunch of mesh hospital undies. Last time for some reason, there weren't really extras in my room. This time I'm going to make sure I bring some home. I hadn't heard about the Depends thing until this pregnancy and I was kind of considering it, but they seemed ridiculously over priced!

One of the good things about c-sections is that my bleeding will be really light, and I won't need padsicles. Though it'll probably be harder for me to get in and out of bed than you guys.

33. T.H.O.U.

Our hospital was great stocking us up with everything we needed (although they were stingy with the mesh undies). They did not have Motrin or stool softener so that's what I had to go run and get after birth

34. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@agold: I've heard of people getting them all the way to the very end. I'm just going to assume there's still time until the baby is here so I'm not disappointed. I'm surprised I haven't gotten some already because I also have them from puberty, in my inner thighs. I've always been small, so I assume they're just from getting taller as a kid.

35. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

In case anyone else is like me and has minimal coping strategies for managing the anticipation and misery of the final weeks of pregnancy....Hanna Andersson is on Zulilly (I think you have to use their mobile app to get "early access" right now) with a much larger than normal selection!

I managed to only buy stuff for my big girl's fall/winter wardrobe, but I peeked at the baby stuff and there seemed to be a lot of jammies in smaller sizes!
    Don't forget to buy something small and check out- then you get free shipping for the rest of the day, even on larger orders.

36. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

Question: I've started, in the past week, to get this burning pain at the top of my belly on the left side, right where the belly meets my rib cage (kind of under my bra line, though definitely not the bra causing it). It feels close to the surface and is not constant but more like sudden searing pain and then gone. Its definitely my most painful issue right now. Sometimes I even feel a popping or tearing sensation. No redness or anything on the skin. Anyone else get this?

37. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@MrsSCB: I've had this for weeks. I actually tore a muscle- I felt it happen. It's either in my rib, or part of my abs. the surface pain you describe is right on.

@Silva: shopping now. Last week we had so many packages delivered (thank you Nordstrom sale) my DD asked if it was Christmas again. So yeah, I'm "coping".

38. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: my husband took a couple weeks off between jobs, so we hadn't gotten a Paycheck since early July... Well, He just got paid Friday and all the self restraint I'd been practicing flew out the window. Good sales on baby woolies at Polarn o pyret too.....😉

39. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@Silva: I ended up with two play dresses for my DD and I found matching jammies for her and baby. Not easy, since I'm team green, but I can't wait for them to wear the same jammies! Eek! And now in search of woolies...

40. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: I got some Jammies, a couple t shirts, and leggings for my daughter for fall. I love their day dresses, but so far she isn't that into dresses and rarely chooses to wear them... So I already have a closet of nice dresses that she's worn once or twice!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee