Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

Welcome, @mrsgiraffe: ! Of course you can join.

August 2016 Mamas
    July 30: dcw6411 (#3 ), pregnantbee (#2 )
    August 2: coffeemom (#2)
    August 5: mrsgiraffe (#1)
    August 8: mrschickpea (#1 )
    August 11: silva (#2 ), coopsmama (#3), mrsgiraffe (#1)
    August 13: glitter (#2), littlepinkhouses (#2)
    August 15: gracey19015 (#1)
    August 16: oldpueblojenn (#2 ), mrsscb (#1), T.H.O.U. (#3)
    August 18: jojogirl (#2 ), pwnstar (#2)
    August 19: stratosphere (#2 )
    August 20: agold (#1)
    August 21: zbug (#2)
    August 22: shootingstar (#2 )
    August 25: LCTBQE (#1)
    August 28: mrskerch (#1)
    August 29: clairhuxtable (#2)
    August 30: pirouette (#2)

2. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@mrsgiraffe: welcome, and congrats! I hope the nausea starts tapering off!

3. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

@JoJoGirl: WOOHOO!!!

4. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@mrsgiraffe: welcome!!! Love that our group keeps growing!

5. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

I have an update in trying to switch hospitals -- I've gone from not being able to find a new doctor to take me, to having too many! A couple weeks ago I finallyyyyyy found someone who could take me after calling a million people, so I made an appointment with her for the 16th. But just now, the very first doc that I tried to switch to (based on reviews, etc.) called and said she could take me. So I have an appointment with her on Monday, Feb. 8, the same day as my NT scan. I think what I'll do is go to my NT scan at my current doc and then go meet this new doc right after (since she was my first choice). Depending on how that goes, I'll cancel the appointment at the third place on the 16th. So complicated! I think my husband is going to think I'm crazy

6. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@mrsgiraffe: welcome! wonderful that you're out of the first trimester

@MrsSCB: glad to hear this! given your situation, I think I would do the exact same thing you're doing. and really it sounds more complicated than it is.

Guys, would someone talk me off the ledge? I have been super careful to not eat foods from the bad-list, but my head is a runaway train and I'm convinced I have listeria. I had a (small) 1-hr instance of diarrhea, vomited once 8 hours later (not morning sickness), followed by flu-like symptoms the next day. now I feel kind of weak, but no sniffling or cold symptoms, and I got the flu shot last month. do you think I should call my OB back and ask for a listeria test because it's prudent, or chill the fuck out because the odds are 1 in 8000 and I'm insane?

ETA: at what point do you become so annoying that your loved ones IRL start to back slowly away from you?

7. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: Awesome news! Your plan sounds perfect

8. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@LCTBQE: I'd personally take a deep breath and wait it out. The chances of you having listeria are so so tiny. I'm wondering if it's just some other type of food poisoning? Obviously if you're this worried, just call the dr. They get calls for all sorts of things. I hope you feel better soon.

9. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@LCTBQE: @pregnantbee: thanks, you are reassuring me. I know my husband will support whatever I want to do, but I get the feeling that at this point he's like, "So can we just pick a doctor and be done with it?"

@LCTBQE: I feel pretty confident that you do not have listeria (for whatever that's worth, ha). BUT I don't see anything wrong with at least calling your doc or a nurse's line to ease your mind and see what they think. To your second point, I've considered the same question many times, and I think the fact that my husband is still here after almost 12 years is a testament to the fact that a person can get pretty damn annoying and still be lovable

10. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@LCTBQE: Just saw your follow-up question....uh. My husband is still with me, and I'm crazy when pregnant

11. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: I just think this is one of those things that you get to pick since you are delivering a baby, not him. He can be annoyed, and he will need to get over it. You have to be comfortable, and that will affect your feelings on delivery day if you're not. So it's his job to back away and let you do what you need to do. xo

12. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pregnantbee: Thank you, I agree It might seem to him that all doctors are mostly the same, but he's not gonna be the one doing the hard work on D-day!

13. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: Exactly!

14. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@T.H.O.U.: luckily, she's quite a few states away so no issues with her living close by and any possible drama with that.

15. mrsgiraffe

pea / 10 posts

@LCTBQE: hopefully now the sickness feeling will start wearing down!

@Pirouette: thank you!

16. mrsgiraffe

pea / 10 posts

@T.H.O.U.: so far so good still have to go do a repeat blood test then i should get my results at my next appt!

17. mrsgiraffe

pea / 10 posts

@agold: yess we do get a full year and now ive heard rumours that they might change it to 18 months starting this year!!! But heyy ill take a year were very fortunate when it comes to mat leave

18. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@LCTBQE: we had good results with the NT just didn't have enough fetal DNA in my blood to get any results and thanks for the advice! We usually get along fine when we see each other. She acts more like a friend than a mom, which would be cool now that I'm older but I still can't get over the fact that she came more into my life after 18 when her "responsibility" as a parent was over. Shes apologized time and time again and I'm a forgiving person, I just know it's really affected my character over the years and has given me reservations about becoming a mom myself

19. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@MrsSCB: @pregnantbee: @Pirouette: Thanks for your support ladies!

20. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@JoJoGirl: CONGRATS!!! Super exciting to have two little ladies!

21. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@pregnantbee: my local ON got rid of their maternity section too! 👎 There was a little scraggly rack with some clearance on it and I managed to score a striped dress for $12 that was labeled as $42!

22. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@pwnstar: thank you for saying this! We have a few states distance between us so I don't think she will be visiting all that much. DH have had a recent discussion about boundaries in general for LO due to some issues with his family as well. We will be a united front no matter what and stand our ground with things that are important to us when it comes to our child Thanks for your support, you ladies are so fabulous!

23. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@mrschickpea: Yay for a deal, but boo that there's no longer a maternity section in your store either. This drives me crazy!

24. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

I thought I was over that first tri exhaustion, but I just napped for 2 hours while DD watched too many episodes of PBS kids. Ugh.

25. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: The exhaustion only hit me last week. It's hit me hard. I can barely wash my hair in the shower without having to lay down for 10 minutes in bed afterwards. This is horrible and not like me at all.

26. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@Glitter: So glad to hear your DH is going to be ok!

27. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: @agold: I have been feeling the same the last 2 weeks. I have been napping daily. Today I almost passed out twice and called my neighbor to come hang with me for a bit. Crazy pregnancy stuff...

28. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@JoJoGirl: Congrats on the girl! Both of my close friends and neighbors have 3 girls each and there is rarely drama at their homes. It will be great!

29. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@mrsgiraffe: Congrats and welcome!!

30. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@MrsSCB: I would do the same thing. There is nothing wrong with exploring your options!

@LCTBQE: I'm an anxious mess even when I'm not pregnant. I'm pretty sure you have more latitude than you think! And don't hesitate to call your OB. Ever. For any reason. It's always better to call than to worry.

31. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

@jojogirl: congrats!!! So thrilling to know the gender already! Are you gonna go crazy buying girly stuff or do you have everything already saved from DD1?

@mrsgiraffe: congrats and welcome!!

32. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

My contribution to the sweater cronicals at work. DH said the belt didn't help hide much though.

33. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@T.H.O.U.: cute!

34. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@dcw6411: thanks. By the end of the day though I was so hot and over heated. No more sweaters.

35. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@T.H.O.U.: love it!

Ugh, pregnancy vent! so my husband is stuck at work so my mil (who watches lo) stayed late to keep me company and she just asked me point blank if I was pregnant. And I said no, because I wanted dh to be there when I tell her and because I find it just so offensive when someone asks before you are ready to tell them. It made me actually kind of irrationally furious and I'm sure she could tell I was lying, so after she left I texted her yes I'm pregnant but I thought your son would want to tell you too. I am trying not to be upset about this, but honestly, I am kind of pissed! As I am sure she will be about finding out via text. Grrr.

36. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Awwww, you look cute! I love that you're continuing The Sweater Chronicles.

37. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Pirouette: Ugh, people and their inappropriateness.

38. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@JoJoGirl: So exciting!! I used to dream about having two girls 😊. I was so scared of having a boy!

39. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@MrsSCB: @mrsgiraffe: @pregnantbee: @pwnstar: thank you for the sanity check this made me feel less crazed. I think I will call my OB again tomorrow and make sure she doesn't think I need to get tested, but I feel almost completely better by now, and am hearing of more people with similar illness. On paper it's easy for me to commit to being calm and rational, until the slightest thing goes wrong.

@Pirouette: SO FUCKING ANNOYING. to me, this is akin to asking outright how much money I make every year or how many people I've slept with. sounds like she managed to spoil it for herself, but hope it doesn't spoil anything for you

40. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@mrschickpea: oh, I understand completely the anxiety of wanting those blood results, but the good NT is also really reassuring--my understanding is that up until super recently, people were *only* getting NT's for the past few years. Most of my friends who had babies 2-4 years ago just did NT scans, and everyone was fine, so glad to hear you do have some good news (even if not complete good news).
    That is tough, tough stuff with your mom. This is very personal and lots of people bristle at the suggestion, but I've found that a good counselor can help sort it all out, if you ever are inclined to go if not, you sound like a really organized, lovely person with a great partner.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee