Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@pregnantbee: seriously! Ugh

@LCTBQE: exactly! So inappropriate! She texted back that she realized after she asked that she shouldn't have because my husband wasn't there, so I think she gets it, not that it matters - what's done is done! I'm still excited to tell MY parents, who will be supportive and I'm sure will say all the right things btw I'm glad you are feeling better! I don't think it's listeria, if my vote matters

2. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Pirouette: I love how you handled it! What did your husband say?

3. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@Pirouette: well.. maybe she will make it up to you by being super nice and helping a lot in the future. it sounds like she was just really excited? but still, glad your parents will be appropriate after hearing a hundred million MIL/FIL/parent stories I've decided it's a blessing for a couple to have at least 50% sane parents combined.

and yes, every person telling me this is very unlikely is making me feel better. I swear, I never thought I'd freak out over this stuff.

4. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

@Pirouette: ridiculous. Although I could see my mil doing the same.

@LCTBQE: I'm 99.9999% sure you don't have listeria. But I understand the concern

Did anyone do the harmony genetic screening? They said it might take two weeks for results. It's been two days, and I'm already going crazy waiting.

5. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@Zbug: thank you for the ten-thousanth percentage point, yes it helps I got Panorama and they told me 7 business days; I think jojo did too and had to wait about that long? if they only said it *could* take that long, I'll bet your results come in sooner.

6. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Zbug: I didn't do Harmony, but they had said 7-10 days for Counsyl results, and I heard on day 6. I bet you'll hear sooner than they said.

7. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Zbug: Yes - they told me 2 full weeks for results. When I did genetic screening with my first, that's how long it took. I was shocked when the midwife called yesterday with my results only 1 week after my blood draw, so it'll probably be sooner!

8. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

@LCTBQE: @pregnantbee: Thanks ladies! I'm really hoping to hear next week. We are going away with friends next weekend, and I'm going to have to spill the beans. There's no way I can get away with just not drinking ha.

9. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@agold: my husband was like "why did you lie?!" haha, i mean i was caught off guard. But he was glad I told her, and he generally understands that she speaks before thinking a lot of the time, so he wasn't shocked. By the time he got home, I was less angry, so he was spared my "OMG listen to what your mom did!" rant

@LCTBQE: yea, i mean to cut her some slack, my MIL is pretty great, most of the time. She watches my LO and is SO helpful, and I know she'll be great with this baby too. I'm super lucky. But she also ruined my announcement with my first (told me she knew because my face had gotten fat ), so apparently her tact in pregnancy announcements could use some fine-tuning haha.

@Zbug: i hope your MIL has a little more tact!

10. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Pirouette: Alls well that ends well! And really, though, those are my favorite kind of rants!

11. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@Pirouette: Yes, I think from hiding it for so long, my default ingrained in my head response of course would be "No!" But it sound like you handled it well.

12. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Pirouette: Duuude that is SO RUDE! She should NOT have asked you, especially when your husband wasn't there. i probably would've done the same!

13. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@Pirouette: She's an "I Knew It-er" . . . [insert big fat eye roll here]. I swear to you that that trait is a genetic defect, and that ultimately, we will isolate the responsible gene and tweak it to be far less annoying and inappropriate. That's just so RUDE. Why don't people get that it's not THEIR announcement, or even their business, for that matter?! I told LO's daycare (2 in the main office and her teacher . . . to make sure there would be room for LO#2) that we are expecting, and when I went to pick LO up yesterday, 4 people were yelling congratulations to me as I walked through the building (including another mom who I really like but don't know well at all). DAFUQ people?! I had to shush them because LO doesn't know yet . . . we plan to tell her today after we get the prelim (FISH) results back. And who told all of you anyway?! *lesigh* I am focusing on the fact that it's sweet that they are excited and happy for us. Your MIL needs some impulse control . . . I am pretty sure there is an operation for that (or at the very least a muzzle)!

14. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

Ok ladies... let's talk...ahem... boobs! Have anyone's gotten bigger and then shrunk a bit? I am pretty small chested so any change in size is dramatic for me, but mine were substantially fuller, until about 2 days ago. They have really lost their fullness and it has me a bit freaked. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thank goodness you are all here for me to ask these funny tmi questions!!

15. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@Pirouette: haha, maybe not telling you she already knew because of the dead giveaway fatface IS her version of tact speaking of which, I have it! pretty healthy weight over here and I've only gained 2 pounds so far, yet for the first time ever I keep seeing a double chin? wtf.

@pwnstar: I have a theory that everyone who is dumbly cavalier has never had a loss and is in ignorant/bliss land. they should have a drivers-ed type of video about this shit that everyone is compelled by the state to watch?

16. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@Pirouette: You handled that really well! I would have been frustrated as well and I am not sure my hormonal self would of handled that with such grace.

17. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@pwnstar: Ooo my blood would boil over if my DD had found out because of people at her school!! I would have flipped. I can't believe they said anything to you. Wow.

18. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@dcw6411: That hasn't happened to me, no, but during my second pregnancy my boobs didn't get noticeably bigger until the third tri so I was expecting that to happen this go around. That said - I'm sure things are just fine!! It's so easy at this point of pregnancy to worry. I've been worried myself even though I have no reason to worry! I still have my same symptoms. I just feel like I should be feeling movement by now since I was with LO2 so of course I've convinced myself something is wrong. It's so hard to go such a long time between appts.

19. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@dcw6411: Yes, I think its the milk glands preparing. I swear mine feel 5 lbs fuller today but it does kinda come and go.

20. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@dcw6411: mine haven't gone down much, but they have gotten a lot less sore in the past week. I'm also small-chested (30C) and can really tell the size difference. around w8 they were throbbing with pain when I was just lying on the couch not touching them, and just walking down the hall in high heels killed. now (w11) they're more like, they just hurt a little when I walk down the stairs. do you think it's hcg dying down a little as the placenta takes over?

21. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@pwnstar: whaaaat?! Did you tell them it wasn't out in the open yet and not to tell anyone? I swear some people just live to tell others the latest news! Whenever I get a baby announcement I don't tell a soul besides my husband unless I see it blasted on Facebook or something. I had others tell my news prematurely with number one and man, it was super disappointing not to be the one to share the news and it was early so I felt nervous for weeks afterwards.

22. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@LCTBQE: Ha! I would kill to be a C cup! That doesn't seem small to me at all. My lovely ladies are a B on a good day. A very good day.

23. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

PS just realized this board has literally hundreds more posts than any of the other DD boards,mand still 6 months to go. we're on fire here!

24. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@coopsmama: total misnomer! the cup size shrinks dramatically with the band size--so because my band size is so small, my actual boobage equivalent is maybe like, a 36A or at best a 34B. just have a small ribcage and small boobs. and a huge ass

25. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Pirouette: Massive eye roll over here. I'm glad she's actually better than this day-to-day b/c OMG. And her comment when asking if pregnant with your first?? Seriously? She really does need to learn some pregnancy announcement/asking manners.

26. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@T.H.O.U.: haha i mean, i wanted to say "no and fuck you!" but around my daughter, i stuck with no

@JoJoGirl: exactly! she's not my mom. she's HIS mom. why would she think i'd want to tell her without him there??

@pwnstar: hahaha yes to everything you said! "i knew it" ers are the WORST! and yes, totally needs a muzzle!! omg how horrible that everyone at daycare is calling you out! I mean yes, they are excited for you and that's wonderful, but how about waiting until you are excited enough to SHARE with them?! Ugh, that makes me so mad (but yay for telling LO today!!!)

@LCTBQE: haha yes, this is progress somehow! she knew, but she didn't tell me it was because of my fat face! I will say everyone told me the fat face means it's a girl, so maybe you're having a girl! i didn't gain any weight in the first tri with my first, so the fat face was just hormones or whatever. I'll have to ask her if my face is fatter this time or last time - since i know she'll be honest! and wow, a drivers-ed type of class on this would be brilliant!

@dcw6411: thanks! i at least limited the damage. my boobs didn't even start getting bigger until maybe last week? which is very different from my last pregnancy when it was immediate.

27. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@pregnantbee: I know - i should probably warn my sister in law for when the time comes. Barring any horribly bad news with this pregnancy, I'm at least thankful i'll never have to announce a pregnancy to her again!

@LCTBQE: you sound like me 32B pre-pregnancy (32D first pregnancy) and a nice booty

28. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@pwnstar: What is it with these people? I'd be livid if LO found out from anyone else besides me. We told LO before telling school b/c I was worried about exactly this! ARGH.

29. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@LCTBQE: Ha! That sounds like me... big ass and a 34 A. Lol. I'm 15 weeks tomorrow so I would think the hcg went down awhile ago but you never now. That being said, last pregnancy I remember they didn't really get bigger or fuller at all until baby was here.

@coopsmama: I do think I am probably over analyzing everything. I'm 15 weeks tomorrow and I feel like I should be feeling movement too because I know I was,with LOL as well. However I have an anterior placenta so I'm trying to remind myself that's probably why. Two weeks until my next appointment. ..... so so far away.

30. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@dcw6411: My boobs have gotten huge since a while ago. They were painful, then really painful, and now not so much, Although, still huge. So odd all around.

31. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@LCTBQE: We're rockin' it!

32. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@dcw6411: My guess is what @LCTBQE: mentioned . . . that the placenta is taking over and the HCG is falling off. As for me, mine have also been much less sore the past week or two (whereas before, putting on/taking off my bra was a *yeeow!* moment).

@coopsmama: Yes! That's why I was so surprised! Both DH and myself have reminded them a couple of times. LO picks up on things so quickly! I know that all of the results will probably come back just fine, but, *augh.*

33. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@Pirouette:"No and fuck you" . . . LOL. And yeah. About the potty mouth . . . I talk to other drivers. Sometimes more than I should. Not long ago, when I was putting LO in her carseat, she asked me for a certain kind of snack. When I told her I didn't have that particular snack, she responded, "are you fucking kidding me?" And then she just stared at me, waiting for a response. I didn't say anything, and treated it like it was no big deal, and thankfully, she has never said it again. But. Yeah.

34. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@pregnantbee: I got nervous because her teacher told me that there were at least three other mamas who were pregnant too (and not as far along as me), and I got nervous about the nursery being full/needing to reserve a spot for LO2. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have said anything until I was rocking a bump. On the other hand, it just occurred to me that I probably should have clued into the fact that the teacher was telling me about other pregnancies, and just kept my mouth shut for another week. Dammmit. I hate when hindsight is crystal effing clear. /facepalm

35. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@pwnstar: that just made me LOL. Toddlers are hilarious.

I'm on to a new plan, guys. I'm going to buy non-maternity, loose fitting/a-line tanks and wear them with cardigans for work. New problem: obviously I am in love with a bunch of options that are like 90.00 each at Anthro.

36. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@pwnstar: MEH. What's done is done. It will all be ok. I would have been nervous, too, so that's definitely a good reason to ask early.

37. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Silva: Hahaha, of course! It took every ounce of willpower to NOT go in there the other day. Sigh. How much are you showing at this point? Would you get wear out of looser non-maternity stuff?

38. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@Silva: For most of my pregnancy last time, I wore silk tanks/shells, cardis, and a maternity skirt (for work), with a few cool dresses/blouses mixed in. Having a formula made getting dressed so much easier in the morning! If I show late-ish (like I did the first time), I plan to do pretty much the same thing this time around.

39. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Silva: That's my problem right now. All the things I'm finding that I'm interested in buying at like $100 each or more. And too bad I also need to buy a rocker and other baby gear like that.

40. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@pregnantbee: I think I could get through the second trimester with non maternity, and then maybe switch to dresses for summer?

Bad hair work bathroom disclaimer.....

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee