Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2018 Moms

1. CoffeeMom

cherry / 230 posts

@bhbee: Congratulations!!

2. LCTBQE

GOLD / pear / 1900 posts

@bhbee: YAYYYYYY!!!! loved reading this, congratulations and welcome baby girl I'm so happy that you had a good experience with the epidural and aren't disappointed in needing one or anything, that is wonderful. That is the exact size and length my boy was sounds like your doctors were on top of things and you were a pro! How ya feeling?

3. Seslsesl

coffee bean / 47 posts

@bhbee: Congratulations!! I'm so glad it went smoothly and your baby girl is here!

4. bhbee

pomegranate / 3946 posts

Thanks everyone! I’m so glad to be on the other side and also feeling content that our family is complete.

@LCTBQE: other than the usual pp fun I’m doing great, thanks! Hopefully it will continue to be easy recovery. Yes no regrets at all on the epi. It was great that they were so open to whatever I wanted so it really all felt like my own decision vs getting pushed or cornered into it.

Seriously these giant kids ... she would definitely have been over 9 if she had her pick of when to come. I got her dressed for sibling pics and the nb size outfit is barely long enough!

5. LabradorLover

apricot / 411 posts

Congrats!!!

6. bhbee

pomegranate / 3946 posts

How are all the August mamas doing??

7. LCTBQE

GOLD / pear / 1900 posts

@bhbee: how are YOU doing?? is your baby girl 6 days old? was coming up with the name hard, or did you just go with your gut once you were at the hospital? oooh and how's nursing, are you in pain or is it ok? is she a little nugget?

I'm hanging in there, still have a million things to do but they're mostly stupid. Some time in the past couple days I shifted from "I'm not ready I'm not ready" to wanting to go into labor NOW. I did finally make a couple healthy freezer meals and secure enough backup childcare for the boy that I'm not worried anymore about the plan, otherwise just trying to get decent sleep at night and stay in zen mode and do last-minute cleaning and self-care. due date by my chart is next Wednesday and by my OB's calculation next Friday (she implanted on the late side so my OB pushed it back two days.)

@CoffeeMom: do you have a name yet? I have the first (and last, ha) but still no middle keep waiting for a lightning bolt and I got nuthin.

@LabradorLover: how are you?! are you in second trimester energetic groovy land?

8. bhbee

pomegranate / 3946 posts

@LCTBQE: you’re so close!!! Hang in there!

As for me, I am loving the other side! Almost to one week and hitting my stride. Nursing is going pretty well, all the sexiness of leaking and engorgement and nipple cream and all that. Trying not to focus on the to-do list (hard for me) and just enjoy my little one! She was a big baby at 8lb 15oz but still seems so little. We named her Lydia Rose - my other two have kind of classic (read: old people) names also and it just fit. I am really feeling content with this being our last and trying to soak it up and the big kids are being so sweet (of course my mom is here so they’re getting lots of attention still). I signed up for a local photographer’s mini sessions (while in the hospital!) and we took them Sunday to get pictures of the siblings. Got some really good ones and it gave me alllllll the feels. So yeah ... the pp/nursing hormones have me feeling good!

My oldest starts first grade on Monday and my mom is leaving this weekend so next week I may be a flustered mess! Just have to survive the crazy until Labor Day and then it should calm down.

Sorry for the novel! Can’t wait to hear about all the upcoming babies!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee