Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2018 Moms

1. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@LCTBQE: I would LOVE to not be pregnant anymore, but I was so not ready to be induced today. I am glad I know better about epidurals this go around. I had no idea it wasn't working right at the time.
    And I think your son's interactions with his sister sound just about right for a newly turned 2 year old. I mean the baby is cute and all, but popsicles? 😊

2. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@math.nerd: how are you doing??

Hope September is bringing everyone lots of baby cuddles and maybe even some sleep

3. math.nerd

apricot / 253 posts

Hello all!

Violet Maple was born on 8/29 - without induction! I was scheduled to go in at 6am, but went into labor at 130am on my own. Hooray!

Labor and delivery went mostly well - my husband was a champ, baby came out not crying and a bit purple, but recovered quickly. Some other minor hiccups, but after about 11 hours of labor and three pushes out she came!

We're just trying to settle into life as a family of four. I'm missing the time I used to be able to devote to my son, but he's adorable with his baby sister and likes to show her lots of love.

How is everyone else hanging in???

4. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@math.nerd: Congratulations!!

5. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@math.nerd: congrats!! Glad she showed up on time!

6. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

Our little one is 1 month today and I can’t believe it! The big kids still adore her (sometimes too much ). I’m pretty exhausted but I know that will get easier as she gets older.

7. Seslsesl

olive / 50 posts

@math.nerd: Congratulations on your little girl!

How is everyone?! Baby Miles is 6 weeks (almost 7!) old and time with him is flying! He's the sweetest, easiest baby and I'm trying to soak up every moment with him since he's our last baby.

My husband and daughter went back to work/school, so Miles and I are settling into our new normal until I go back to work in a few months. I've been feeling so grateful for a long maternity leave - my personality is such that if I was going back at 12 weeks I'd already be freaking out about getting ready, getting his sleep on track, feeding, etc...but since I'm not going back until the end of January, I can just focus on baby snuggles and enjoying this time with him.

I've been pretty germaphobic for no real reason - it's summer, it's not cold/flu season, but the back to school season makes me paranoid about germs, so I've been kind of quarantining the baby as much as possible with a 4.5 year old in the house. I think I've finally gotten over that and we've gotten out of the house a lot more this week.

Hope everyone is doing well and would love to hear how everyone's adjusting with their little ones!

8. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Seslsesl: that’s awesome you get a long leave! I hear you on the germs. I am trying to get on them about hand sanitizer and washing but I’m not as good as I would like! We’ve also already had flu diagnosed in our area which is kind of freaking me out since I got it in March.

I’m still trying to figure out the rhythm of things - since nursing is all over the place and I always seem to be running around for errands or pickups etc - but we all sure love her! I’ve been wearing her in the solly wrap and thinking of getting out the ergo too to survive the next month - dh is rarely home before bedtime and evenings are dicey for all of us. But it’s nice to know it will all even out in a couple months.

9. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

A is now a little over two weeks old, and is doing great. She’s a trooper - we had to evacuate because of the hurricane, and it took two days of driving to get to our destination. Mostly because she needs to nurse so frequently, and I’m also paranoid about her being in her car seat for so long at such a young age. She was so good during the trip, and so were my older two. Hopefully the return trip goes as well or better. I’m exhausted, but it is what it is at this point since my husband stayed home to take care of our farm and animals. Positive thoughts for minimal damage would be appreciated!!

Hope everyone is doing well and you are all safe!

10. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@CoffeeMom: sending you and your family so many good thoughts! You are a trooper to do all that alone with 3!

11. Mrs. Gumdrop

blogger / apricot / 275 posts

this is so so late because i had an... incident. oh man. i had a pregnancy-induced brain bleed in month 4 a week before we moved back to the US from Thailand. so glad to be getting sorted. i ended up having an early c-section in July so my brain was less likely to rupture. now i've gotten a surgery that closes up the issue but takes 1-3 years to scar over. I get tested at the end of this summer to see how it's closing up. congrats everyone!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee