Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2018 Moms

1. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@bhbee: Congratulations!!

2. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@bhbee: YAYYYYYY!!!! loved reading this, congratulations and welcome baby girl I'm so happy that you had a good experience with the epidural and aren't disappointed in needing one or anything, that is wonderful. That is the exact size and length my boy was sounds like your doctors were on top of things and you were a pro! How ya feeling?

3. Seslsesl

olive / 50 posts

@bhbee: Congratulations!! I'm so glad it went smoothly and your baby girl is here!

4. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

Thanks everyone! I’m so glad to be on the other side and also feeling content that our family is complete.

@LCTBQE: other than the usual pp fun I’m doing great, thanks! Hopefully it will continue to be easy recovery. Yes no regrets at all on the epi. It was great that they were so open to whatever I wanted so it really all felt like my own decision vs getting pushed or cornered into it.

Seriously these giant kids ... she would definitely have been over 9 if she had her pick of when to come. I got her dressed for sibling pics and the nb size outfit is barely long enough!

5. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

Congrats!!!

6. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

How are all the August mamas doing??

7. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@bhbee: how are YOU doing?? is your baby girl 6 days old? was coming up with the name hard, or did you just go with your gut once you were at the hospital? oooh and how's nursing, are you in pain or is it ok? is she a little nugget?

I'm hanging in there, still have a million things to do but they're mostly stupid. Some time in the past couple days I shifted from "I'm not ready I'm not ready" to wanting to go into labor NOW. I did finally make a couple healthy freezer meals and secure enough backup childcare for the boy that I'm not worried anymore about the plan, otherwise just trying to get decent sleep at night and stay in zen mode and do last-minute cleaning and self-care. due date by my chart is next Wednesday and by my OB's calculation next Friday (she implanted on the late side so my OB pushed it back two days.)

@CoffeeMom: do you have a name yet? I have the first (and last, ha) but still no middle keep waiting for a lightning bolt and I got nuthin.

@LabradorLover: how are you?! are you in second trimester energetic groovy land?

8. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LCTBQE: you’re so close!!! Hang in there!

As for me, I am loving the other side! Almost to one week and hitting my stride. Nursing is going pretty well, all the sexiness of leaking and engorgement and nipple cream and all that. Trying not to focus on the to-do list (hard for me) and just enjoy my little one! She was a big baby at 8lb 15oz but still seems so little. We named her Lydia Rose - my other two have kind of classic (read: old people) names also and it just fit. I am really feeling content with this being our last and trying to soak it up and the big kids are being so sweet (of course my mom is here so they’re getting lots of attention still). I signed up for a local photographer’s mini sessions (while in the hospital!) and we took them Sunday to get pictures of the siblings. Got some really good ones and it gave me alllllll the feels. So yeah ... the pp/nursing hormones have me feeling good!

My oldest starts first grade on Monday and my mom is leaving this weekend so next week I may be a flustered mess! Just have to survive the crazy until Labor Day and then it should calm down.

Sorry for the novel! Can’t wait to hear about all the upcoming babies!

9. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@bhbee: I LOVEEEEEE Lydia! I have settled on something else (also in the granny tradition) but it was totally on our list. there's a little girl across the street from me named Lydia and I think it's so elegant and not-too-common. how you can even think about your to-do list when you're nursing around the clock with two older babes is amazing to me, but your attitude this whole time has always seemed so healthy and balanced that I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you've got your wits about you ! Is your husband able to be home a little more after your mom leaves, at least for a while?

I'm going in for my 39-week appointment and biophysical profile scan at my imaging place this morning--I'm 39+2 by my chart and 39+0 per my OB's dating assessment. There have been a couple mentions of induction scheduling if conditions look favorable, which I think I'd go for being far away and just having learned that the Lincoln Tunnel has been half shut down as of yesterday. FX but I'm trying to be cool (not my natural state of being) and not get attached to any one plan.

@Seslsesl: how is newborn land for you?

@CoffeeMom: @math.nerd: any progress?!

August Mamas
    Seslsesl: (#2) Miles born 7/29!
    bhbee (#3) Lydia born 8/8!
    24th: LCTBQE (#2)
    27th: coffeemom (#3)
    31st: Math.Nerd (#2)
    LabradorLover (2/9!!!!)

10. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LCTBQE: I can totally see inducing with your drive! Transition in the car is my worst nightmare ... fx you hear what you want! I feel like since I started paying attention I’ve heard so many good induction stories when it’s not your first kid.

I think I’ve been focused on my todo list precisely because I’ll get nothing done once I actually have to take care of my two other kids instead of Grammy doing it

My husband is going to partially take off next week (his work is just starting to think about paternity leave, so they told him he could take next week off, but he still has some work commitments). I don’t really need him home all the time (we’ll probably drive each other crazy) but with school and activities starting, an extra pair of hands might help get us there on time. We had first grade meet the teacher last night and I can’t believe that’s starting Monday!

11. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@LCTBQE: So sorry for the delay in responding! 39 weeks now and no baby yet. I had hopes the other night, but it fizzled out.

How did your appointment go?

12. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@bhbee: @CoffeeMom: baby is good. as of Friday I'm 2cm and 70% effaced, I asked for an induction some time this week and they said no, only on grounds that my hospital (Mt Sinai in NYC) was too busy to allow for pre-dd elective inductions. This annoys me. Then I went to my puppy kindergarten class the next morning and one of the other puppy owners is an OB and she was like, inductions are great, just last night I delivered a baby in the 39th week for a woman who was 2cm and 70% I do think I'll be able to wring one of out them if I go past my dd which by their calendar is Friday (by my chart it's Weds). So overwhelming likelihood is that I only have another 7-8 days max to be pregnant. I did start losing my mucus plug yesterday but last time that was not meaningful, so, just waiting it out.

@bhbee: but are you getting any sleep?! or are you doing insane marathon cluster nursing? how are the kids doing with the baby? first grade, omg.. when my son starts first grade I'm going to be a sobbing mess that's great that your husband has some flexibility for a while, at least. and if your mom is helpful maybe she can come back soon?

13. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LCTBQE: I was 2-3cm but definitely not 70% effaced! Hoping something opens up soon if you’re ready.

Sleep haha no ... this baby loves sleeping ... during the day. I think we just passed the 10 day growth spurt so at least last night did not involve nursing for 2 hours straight at 3am!! Big kids are being super sweet although 3yo is allllll over her and it’s going to drive me crazy once preschool starts! At least my 6yo loves hand sanitizer

14. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

I keep checking for babies!! Sending you all good wishes for the end of pregnancy and labor!

15. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

Update update!!! I’m being induced tonight 😄😄😄😄😄 showing up to L&D at midnight, I really like the on-call OB tonight and the one that takes over tomorrow morning. I just had my 40-week appointment and they told me—what a gift. I feel so much better now that the guess work has been taken out. AND I get to get an epidural before they even start the pitocin. So so happy and excited.

16. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@LCTBQE: Yay!! Lots of positive birthing vibes for you!

17. math.nerd

apricot / 253 posts

@LCTBQE: Good luck tonight! Happy Baby!

Update over here as well. If baby doesn't come on her own, I'll be induced on Wednesday! It would be two days before my due date - which I at first was feeling iffy about. But it's feeling like the right thing to do. I need to practice not letting the voices of other people's judgements of my choices sneak too much into my head!

At my Dr. appt. yesterday, I was 2-3cm, thinning and the OB touched the baby's head during the exam. I'm hopeful that means that even if we get to induction date, baby will be ready and induction should go well.

So, I'll still be an August Mom!

18. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@math.nerd: @LCTBQE: I’m so excited for you both! Can’t wait to hear updates!

19. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@math.nerd: So excited for you!

It looks like I may be the last August mom lol. No sign of baby making her appearance anytime soon. My due date is Sunday (it got switched to 8/26 at our anatomy scan, but I don’t think I changed it here). At my next appointment on Tuesday I’ll have my midwife do a membrane sweep and see if that moves things along. I’m getting anxious to meet our little girl!

20. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@LCTBQE: Just jumping in to say how excited I am for you! Wishing you the smoothest birth possible! ❤

(Also, completely off topic, but I might be joining you guys as an August mama for an 8/30 induction.)

21. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@crazydoglady: come to August!

22. Seslsesl

olive / 50 posts

@LCTBQE: I'm so behind, but hooray on being induced and baby being here (maybe)! Sending you lots of love and positivity for an easy labor and delivery!

I've been so behind because I rarely open my computer anymore! Partly so I don't let myself get sucked into work email, and also because I just spend a lot of time nursing and holding my baby

Baby Miles is almost 4 weeks old and growing like a weed! I was worried he had a cold so I took him to the pediatrician yesterday and he weighed 10 lbs. 5.5 ozs! Doctor wasn't worried about him, which is the good news - he either has a small cold or just has regular newborn congestion.

Other than that, newborn life is great! He's a relatively easy baby - he likes to eat a lot, sleep a lot, and poop the moment I change his diaper.

@bhbee: I LOVE your baby's name! So pretty and classic. Glad to hear newborn life is going well and the bigs are adjusting so nicely to the baby! My oldest is still two years away from 1st grade, but she feels so much older with the new baby around. She's been so mature and great about it, I think I fully realized what a big kid she is (she's only 4.5, but she seems so old now)!

@math.nerd: yay for baby coming soon!

23. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

One handed typing update: induction was a DREAM, everything went perfectly and super fast. Checked in at midnight, epidural at 2am, pitocin at 3am, slept a bit and fully dilated by 7:30am, pushed for 3 minutes total (2 contractions!) and she was out at 8am. 8 pounds 13 ounces and 20.5”. She is so healthy and beautiful 😍

24. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@LCTBQE: YES! Congrats on your little girl and I am so happy it went smoothly!! What was your time table for your first??

25. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@LCTBQE: Congratulations!

26. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@LCTBQE: just popping in to say congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you!

27. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LCTBQE: congrats so happy it went so well! Can’t wait to hear more about her!!

Ps is 8/24 right? Cause I’m kinda brain dead these days

28. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

August Mamas
    24th: LCTBQE (#2) born 8/24!
    27th: coffeemom (#3)
    LabradorLover (2/9!!!!)

29. Seslsesl

olive / 50 posts

@LCTBQE: Yaaay! Congratulations!!

30. math.nerd

apricot / 253 posts

@LCTBQE: Mazel Tov!!!! Love to hear this! Can't wait to hear more and learn her name.

Lost my mucus plug this AM and hopeful I'll go into labor on my own in the next day or two. Who knows, though, right? Everyone keeps telling me to have sex - which I know will help, but I think my husband is freaked out to do it and I am too! Especially because the Dr. could feel the baby's head with her finger at my last appointment. EEK!

31. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@math.nerd: @CoffeeMom: thinking of you both this week!

@crazydoglady: how are you doing? When do you decide about the induction?

@LCTBQE: hope you’re getting lots of sweet baby cuddles!

32. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@bhbee: I'm doing ok! Currently 38w3d and ready for this baby to come out! I will say that I am enjoying maternity leave and having the house to myself.
    I will find out on Wednesday what they want to do. When I was checked, I was only 1 cm dilated, soft, and he could feel her head. My guess is that if there hasn't been much progress by then, they will have me do a Sept 4th induction. We're you dilated very much for your induction?

33. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@crazydoglady: house to yourself is like heaven!! I was 2-3cm and not that effaced, I don’t think starting point matters as much post your first labor, but I totally get waiting to go past 39w. Keep us posted!

34. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

Baby A was born last night (8/27) after 16 hours of labor and 30 minutes of pushing. She’s 7 lb 12 oz (my biggest baby!) and 19”. She’s absolutely perfect and we are so in love! Hard to believe that we are now a family of 5!

35. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@CoffeeMom: oh congrats!! Hope you’re getting lots of baby snuggles and resting up! Are the siblings super excited?

36. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

HI sorry I've been so late to reply! In zombie-land

@CoffeeMom: YAYYYY congratulations! How are you feeling the first couple of days? Are you going home today, or tomorrow? How's the little boo??

@math.nerd: Lady are you being induced right now?? Best of luck, I hope it goes super smoothly and your little girl is in your arms without a hitch can't wait to hear how you are.

@crazydoglady: Hi hi, appointment is today, yes? keep us posted! Also saw that you saw, but I had such an unbelievably positive experience with induction and I just wanted to wish you all the best for something similar if they want to go that way. My OB told me several times (before, after, and with her follow up visit) that it went so well mostly because I'm a second-timer. She kept saying the easy birth is the payoff for how much worse the pregnancy is my timeline with my son is that I went into labor naturally at 40+2, labored at home 12 hours, got to the hospital and was 4cm, 6-7cm by the time I got the epi an hour later (so it was progressing pretty fast by then)--then it slowed down and I had baby in arms 6 hours (with 25 mins of pushing) after I had the epidural put in. This time she came so fast I feel *really* fortunate that I was induced and not laboring in Manhattan traffic. They told me if I was to ever have a third that I'd need to deliver at a hospital like 10 mins from my house.

37. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@bhbee: @LCTBQE: Thank you so much!

We get to go home this afternoon. We thought it could have taken another day, since I developed pre eclampsia during labor, but numbers have come down enough that we can leave today. Our older two met their baby sister yesterday and are completely in love. Their first meeting totally melted my heart.
    So far nursing is going well, although she does have her days and nights mixed up.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

38. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@LCTBQE: I'm so glad you had a positive experience and that gives me a lot of hope that it can go super well. It looks like I am going to stay a Sept mama. My blood pressure was a little on the high side which made me really nervous because that's why I was induced with my son. Luckily, it didn't concern her at all. So, we have my induction set for Sept 5th with the same OB who delivered my son (she was great.) I was only 1.5 cm and she did a membrane sweep which was freaking awful. I had like two contractions after and that was it. 😅 I'm "only" 38w4d, so I have time.

So, how does big brother love the baby? What's it like so far with two? I bet she is just the cutest. ❤

39. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

August Mamas
    24th: LCTBQE (#2) born 8/24!
    27th: coffeemom (#3) A born 8/27!
    LabradorLover (2/9!!!!)

repost if I messed up anyone's info

40. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@CoffeeMom: wow, after all this time on HB I didn't even know it was possible to develop pre-e during labor. Sounds like it didn't complicate things too much though?? And glad you're home. I left the hospital a day early, too--it was a shared room and I was just ready. It's so nice to be back in your own bed with your own non-industrial bathroom.

@crazydoglady: oh good, it sounds like you're really comfortable with this plan. I had two membrane sweeps and they were legit 100x worse than my labor, but I had a blissful epidural 9/5 is pretty soon! and my son just turned 2 this week so I don't think this is how your boy is going to be, but he is not that interested in his sister. He's saying goodnight to her, he understands who she is and that she's staying, he's just ambivalent, haha. much more interested in popsicles and the Tonka dump truck that grandpa got him for his birthday.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee