Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Miss Ariel: Love the Dressed! G says " Put tis on" for when I say let's put this on....lol

@MrsScallop: Ohh my I can understand the worry of that nurse and not being able to trust her all the way! Hopefully you guys find a perfect fit! I am glad he is doing so well, hope the dialysis gets better!!!!!!!

@sandy: 24 weeks AWESOME! I am so thrilled for you and your family! Baby Boys here we come!!!!!!!!!!!

@whenoceansrise: Yay for Baby #2! Micah is getting so big!!!!

@josina: That HB is the best! I love you IG pics!
    @theotherstark: Hope the HFM is getting better!

2. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Favorite thing this week:
    Her new song is Mary had a Little Lamb...but to her it is Mary had a little laugh......lol
    Her obsession with babies she sees a baby and says "Baby I hold you!" She is going to love her brother I think!

What's really pushing your limits this week:
    OMG, testing us! We started a modified time out, I basically just remove her from what she is doing and sit her down and tell her no more I wont let you do .....that!
    It seems to work, but the other day she laughed as I did it
    Button pusher she can be......
    Not wanting to sit in any cart at any store anymore!

3. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MrsScallop: oh my gosh, that is terrifying. I'm so glad you were paying close attention, but sad that you had to! Ugh. Frustrating it didn't work out, but it sounds like she definitely was more trouble than help.

4. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@FaithFertility: h is definitely pushing my buttons on purpose these days too! These kiddos.

One of his favorite phrases right now is "right there!" ha. He loves showing us where things are, and is obsessed with the I Spy books.

5. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@MrsScallop: yikes. that is SO not helpful if it's someone that you feel you have to manage and oversee anyways! hopefully they'll find someone that is a better fit personally and professionally.

6. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

I'm not sure how much it's made national news, but there's been some crazy bad flooding here in Louisiana. We're at my inlaws house and are safe now. Although when we left our house yesterday, with K and a two bags floating in her blow-up pool, there was already an inch of water in the house. We won't know for sure until the waters go down, but at this point things don't look good.

7. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@Miss Ariel: How scary! Didn't realize you guys are in LA. Glad everyone is safe & hope the water recedes soon ( and with minimal damage!)

8. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Miss Ariel: oh my gosh, I forgot you are in LA. That is terrifying. I'm so glad you are safe, but that is just awful keeping you guys in my thoughts

9. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Miss Ariel: I am so sorry! I am glad you are safe and hope things improve soon! Stay safe and I will be thinking of you all

10. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@KayKay: @theotherstark: @FaithFertility: @MrsF: thanks everyone! Luckily I just found out that our favorite nurse from before will vibe coming back next month, so hopefully that will work out.

11. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@sandy: Such a great update!! So glad to hear you and baby are doing well!

@Miss Ariel: OMG, so scary!!!!!! So glad that you guys are somewhere safe for now! I hope the flooding doesn't get too bad in your home...

Logan learned a new word over the weekend: "Mine!"

12. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MrsScallop: Oh man, for sure it's better that she isn't there! I'm sorry the nurse front hasn't been ideal! I hope the nurse you like comes back to help!

@Miss Ariel: I heard on the news! I'm hoping the water recedes soon and the house isn't in too bad of a shape So sorry!!

@Adira: Haha the perfect word to learn!

13. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Miss Ariel: Oh no, hoping for the best for you guys!
    @MrsScallop: Hope the other nurse that you like, is a more permanent option this time! Sooo scary that the other nurse messed up like that!
    @Adira: Mine is a popular word over here too. lol.

E is too funny, if he's watching Mickey and we try to change the channel, he yells "no no no no!".
    And boy is he persistent! He is constantly asking for 'be bes' (freezies) and yesterday after I said no, he pushed a chair over to the freezer and got one out himself!

14. snowjewelz

@josina: Kara loves the hot dog song at the end and forces all of us to dance with her And she knows where ALL the food are and she will open things herself or boss us to get them haha. Bad idea that she knows where ice-cream is AND she can access it, lol.

15. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Miss Ariel: I saw on FB! Prayers hope you guys are ok, and damage is as minimal as possible!

16. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

Thanks everyone! Dh is going to try to get back to our house later today. From what I've seen online we probably got around 3 feet of water in our house. There should be items safe but I keep thinking about things that are likely lost that we should have moved higher.

I will say K has picked up a ton of new words in the past 48 hours or so, yes, down, boat, strawberries, Barbie, avocado, pad Thai even. But for a baby that has always gone to sleep immediately she's been fighting it. She refused to nap yesterday and we basically had to rock her to sleep the past two nights. I'm sure it's due to the craziness of the past weekend and her not wanting to be alone, but it's a bit heartbreaking.

17. snowjewelz

@Miss Ariel: I really hope it's not as bad as you think!

18. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MrsScallop: So good to see you here! Sorry things did not work out with your nurse. Crazy how mama's intuition can be so spot on, huh?

@Miss Ariel: scary and sad about your house Hope it's not as bad as you are thinking!

19. winniebee

@sandy: So glad things are going well with you and baby!

20. winniebee

favorite thing this week: new words! cold, crash, all clean, elbow, i want that, star (he calls it "howa" as in "how I wonder what you are!" -- so strange, his brother did the exact same thing!)

least favorite thing this week: begging for binki when he knows it is not time for it....

21. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Miss Ariel: that is just devastating, I am so sorry! I hope it is not as bad as you expect and that you haven't lost much

@winniebee: thanks! It is so true about mothers intuition though. As crazy as we may sound, mama's know when something is up! And that is so cute that R and T say star the same way!

I have to brag about Charlie again. He has suddenly decided he will eat by mouth again! He actually seems excited about the avocado we are trying and drank some of his formula today. I need to do a FB update, but he is making me so proud

22. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@winniebee: i *may* have read binki = bikini, which seemed like a very strange thing for R to whine for

@miss ariel: so sad! flood losses can be so devastating -- hoping it's not as bad as you think.

@mrsscallop: that's great! make that boy some guac!

23. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Miss Ariel: I've been thinking about your family! I hope that you can get home soon and haven't lost much. This must be so incredibly heartbreaking and stressful, particularly with a young child

@MrsScallop: That's so great that Charlie is eating more by mouth Keep bragging about him! You know we're all proud of our little fighter Glad to hear that a nurse that you trust is coming back as well. That must be so reassuring.

24. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Miss Ariel: I hope the flooding is over soon so you can get home, I'm sure you will have so much work ahead of you. Poor K also.

@MrsScallop: Go Charlie!

25. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@KayKay: I read it the same way

@MrsScallop: Wtg Charlie! Glad to hear that nurse is coming back.

26. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

We were finally able to get back to our house today. Water got about halfway up the door of both of our cars and about 2.5 feet in the house. All the furniture is damaged beyond repair along with all of the appliances. Also gone are most of my books, most of K's toys, my husband's board games, my laptop, printer, car seats, and I'm sure a bunch else. But in the good news a lot of clothing is fine (luckily I needed to do K's laundry so I threw the pile of her clothes on top of her dresser before we left), a bunch of kitchen supplies, and the photos hanging on the wall.

We're fine for the time being since both my mil and sil's house had no damage, but it's hard to imagine how we'll get back to normal in the months to come. It's definitely the type of thing you also see on the news but never ever expect to be dealing with yourself.

27. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Miss Ariel: So sorry for everything you've lost! And very glad you have somewhere else to stay. I hope you're able to get lots of help with the clean up going forward.

28. snowjewelz

@Miss Ariel: Will insurance take care of everything? And you guys can stay with in-laws this whole time? I can't imagine the upheaval this is causing

29. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@josina: dh has a group of friends out at the house today, and thinks they should be able to finish cleaning it out today, but we'll see...

30. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@snowjewelz: not even close. Luckily we had flood insurance (most people didn't because a lot of houses that flooded aren't in flood zones). Although we've come to discover that flood insurance only covers structural damage, not contents. Also only 1 of our cars has full coverage. We applied for fema money too, but that should be pretty minimal. At least it's a start though.

31. snowjewelz

@Miss Ariel: Oh nooo. Hopefully more aid money will come through for everyone. I'm gonna wall you... I know it's super chaotic right now since you don't even know when you can go back, how to go about replacing things, etc. Big hugs

32. snowjewelz

Feeling a bit sad... My mom trimmed K's hair in the back yesterday, then DH trimmed her front this morning! Her front was just getting so long that it bothers her if not clipped back. And the back, my mom just said to trim for it to grow faster. I was just getting excited about her hair growing!

33. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Miss Ariel: oh wow. That is awful I am so sorry. I am so glad you guys are safe, and have somewhere to stay, but man. That is rough. And what a pain to have to deal with, also. I am sorry!!

34. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: aww!! It will grow back soon H's hair is crazy these days; it needs a cut again soooo badly.

35. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: I know, his hair is so... Luscious!

36. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: haha!! At the moment it is slightly... Mullet-y Is it still a mullet if it is long all over??

37. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Gosh, I started a new thread and then haven't had time to even comment. Life has been hectic. C had her birthday yesterday and this is a big birthday month for her friends. It's birthday party central around here. And she starts Kinder on Monday!!

Meanwhile K is really starting to run her mouth. I don't always understand her, but she's got a lot to say and darn she's opinionated!

Last night K went to bed late (because of birthday and meet the teacher) and then proceeded to sit in her crib for another 30 minutes just re-arranging her stuffies and blankets. Go to sleep kid!

Having the big sister is a double edge sword. She's learning things so quickly but she can't keep up or wants to do things she shouldn't be doing. I'm exhausted all the time.

38. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Miss Ariel: So glad you are all safe and have a place to stay! I am so sorry for all the damage! I pray FEMA helps more than you expect and you guys can start thto rebuild!

@snowjewelz: I'm sorry they trimmed her hair, I know how precious hair can be

@MrsScallop: Yay, charliecharlie!!! Avacado is a yummy choice! Glad he is doing well!!!!!

@MamaG: K looked like she enjoyed her sisters birthday just as much as sister did!!!!!

@winniebee: Howa....so cute G called them Up aboves so sweet!!!!!!

39. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Nothing crazy to report here! Busy back to work and counting down the hrs until bedtime daily, I'm pooped

40. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Haha I didn't mind! I didn't want to cut her hair myself since I'd feel so bad if it came out bad. I just miss those curly ends!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee