Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MamaG: I hope C had the most fabulous birthday! At least now you have a break till K's birthday.

2. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: ohhh good, like I said I am so tired these days I can't even read a post correctly

3. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: aww hang in there!

4. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Miss Ariel: I'm so glad that you and your family are safe, but it must be so devastating to see so much damage at your house! I'll be thinking of you guys... you're so strong mama

@MamaG: So many things going on for C! How are you feeling about Kinder? I know what you mean about the younger kiddo trying to keep up with the big one. Jack is so brave where M is so cautious, I'm encouraging her to do things and meanwhile telling J that he can't! What a circus

@FaithFertility: hang in there mama, you must be exhausted!

5. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

DH and I just got back from a weekend at the Cape while my parents and sister stayed here at our house with the kids. It's the first time that we've been away for the night since J was born! So nice to have quiet meals out, sleep in and go to the beach and actually relax in our chairs and read! So nice to see the kids when we got home but man - I wasn't *quite* ready to come home yet

6. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@MrsF: that sounds absolutely amazing! K's spent a few nights away from us, but we've never actually gone away for them and that sounds so relaxing.

7. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

K is finally starting to get back to her normal bedtime routine. Tonight she went to right to sleep for the first time since we've been with my inlaws. She goes back to daycare tomorrow (they didn't receive any damage but I know several teachers, the office staff, and the director all basically lost their homes) which should be good for her getting back to normal-ish life.

8. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MrsF: That sounds amazing!
    @Miss Ariel: Glad K is able to get back to her routine, so sad about how many homes have been lost! How is the clean-up going at your house?

9. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Any other toddlers not very good with NO? (as in when they're told no). Ethan has been a little trouble maker this weekend, which can be scary considering we were picking flowers and he started wandering toward the river, and when I say no he thinks its funny and keeps going.

Not to mention our fish tank debacle this weekend if anyone saw that! He was actually cuddling with me when I fell asleep, and then DH wakes up to him dumping the dish soap in the fish tank, after climbing up a bar stool onto the bar. OMG kid.

10. snowjewelz

@MrsF: That sounds sooo wonderful

@Miss Ariel: Oh, that's awesome that daycare was fine so she can finally get some semblance of normal!

@josina: Haha I was laughing so hard at the fish tank incident! I can't believe one actually survived?! I have no idea how K is really... One, I feel like she's an amazing at school and mostly with my mom and mostly with DH too, she's the worst with me! And two, I feel like her behavior is just all over the place haha. One day I'll remember exclaiming wow she is such a good girl today and then next I'm like uhhh I take it back!

We had a rough night! K had been battling a 102 fever all day yesterday, with two bouts of vomiting. Hearing her cry & cry out of discomfort is so heart breaking DH just said she's a little hot wandering between 99-100... I was really hoping it broke overnight!

11. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: lol, it was funny though, horrible but funny. Our tiny little fish didn't last long, but the big gourami didn't seem bothered at all.
    Poor girl being sick! That's got to be so hard. Hope she's better soon!!

12. snowjewelz

@josina: Haha that one's like "pfftttt, what's a little soap gonna do?!"

13. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Miss Ariel: That's great that K slept a little better and that she can go back to daycare tomorrow too. This must all be so confusing for her!

@snowjewelz: Oh no! I hope she's feeling better soon.

@josina: Yeah - J alternates between laughing and running away from us or burying his hands in his face and sort of pretending that he's really upset. Crazy kids!

14. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@josina: Logan pretty much ignores us when we say no. If we're REALLY forceful about it, he throws himself to the floor and cries.

15. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@josina: M laughs when we tell him no too. If we're outside playing, he'll run off just a bit and we'll tell him no, so he stops and waits to see if we'll let him go any further.....all while laughing. If DH gets stern with his no, then it's nonstop tears for like 5 minutes.

@Miss Ariel: Hope the cleanup is going okay.

16. snowjewelz

Well so we took Kara to the doctor last night since she had a slight temp and was very cranky in general.... She has coxsackie Poor thing, no wonder she is cranky and just cries and cries and doesn't want to eat! We kept her from daycare today. Hopefully there is no fever today so she can go to school tomorrow. Dr said this is the virus of the summer here, I guess we're so 'lucky' to have caught it before summer ends

17. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Adira: @AngelicOne: I need to work on my "I mean it" voice... kid doesn't take me seriously. Daddy on the other hand means business.

@snowjewelz: Poor girl, is there anything they can give for that or just tough it out?

E fell running out of the bedroom this morning and is limping again! He never cried (same as last time) so I'm hoping he's fine tomorrow. Don't really want to take him in since last time it was nothing.

18. snowjewelz

@josina: We gave her motrin before bed last night, otherwise we just kinda leave it unless she's really going nuts about it... We offer her popsicles here & there too, she doesn't even always want it. Figure just have to suck it up and get through it!

19. Adira

@snowjewelz: Oh yuck! Sorry!!! Both my kids had HFM, so I feel you. Hope she feels better soon and that you don't catch it!

20. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: that's HFM, what are your daycare rules for returning? I'm always amazed on how this varies so much from dr to dr and daycare. Our daycare requires that all of the sores are scabbed (no oozing) and our dr agrees. But I see so many people here say differently.

21. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Is there a 21 month sleep regression or growth spurt? Sleep has gone to shit in our house. K has been harder to go down. Last night she was still happily playing in her crib at 8:40. This morning she was standing up crying/screaming at 5:45.

I know her language is exploding so she has that going for her developmentally....

22. snowjewelz

@MamaG: There's nothing on her body, not even anything I can see in the mouth (dr saw it in the back of her throat). He said if she's fever free for 24 hours, she can go back, which is tomorrow since her temp hasn't spiked at all today (so far).

23. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: Oh wow. My girls both had it all over their bodies and not really anything in their mouths...

24. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Uggh before 6am is just not right! I honestly don't even know about the regressions anymore... When her sleep is bad I just assume she's working on something! Of course right now sleep is terrible here with the sickness!

25. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Yeah, so I'm wondering if it'll stay contained in the throat or spread within the next day or so... Either way, she got the blunt of it first!

26. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: Poor kiddo! I hope she's feeling better soon. It's so hard to see them so uncomfortable.

27. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@snowjewelz: Hope she's better soon! My sis is going through HFM with my nephew right now....not fun! M got it a few moths ago, but wasn't that bad, thankfully.

28. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@josina: @AngelicOne: @Adira: @MrsF: I'm glad h isn't the only one that ignores 'no,' and all variations I actually was going to come on here and ask this also. He has been such a stinker lately! Tell him not to do something (give the dog grapes, dump his food all over the floor, run out of the post office when I'm trying to mail something, etc etc), and he continues to do it. Oh geez.

@snowjewelz: poor thing! As you know, h just got over HFM. It was very similar to your experience, I think - high fever for one day, with two times that he threw up, then a bit of a fever the next morning. He was a little off for the next few days with sleep and not eating much, but he was mostly back to normal. I hope she's feeling better soon!!

@MamaG: sleep has been kind of weird here too. He's been taking longer to go to sleep and waking up earlier. But yes, his language is going nuts too, so I kind of assumed it was just that??

29. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Miss Ariel: I can't even imagine what you guys are going through!! My gosh. Hope everything is going okay. Thinking of you!!

30. snowjewelz

Thanks everyone! She took a 3 hour nap yesterday, and her appetite is back! And she slept through the night again, though still a little grumpy here & there. Back to school she goes today!

And now my throat hurts

31. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: Glad she's feeling better!
    @theotherstark: Little troublemakers!
    @MamaG: That sleep sounds pretty normal for us unfortunately!

E is so fun with talking now, on the way home from daycare he'll repeat everything I say, so trying to sneak in some new words!

32. Adira

@snowjewelz: Ugh... I hope you don't really have it...

33. snowjewelz

@Adira: My throat/lymph node hurts and I have a fever... But honestly, I rather I am sick than her lol. Sick kids are so horrible to deal with!

@josina: I don't know where Kara got it from, but she randomly calls me mom! I launch into this whole thing where I'm like yes, mom is right but you call me mommy lol!

34. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: I wouldn't wish HFM on any adult. DH got it after C and it was downright horrible. He had it so much worse than she did. Not that anyone wants to see their kid sick, but this is one that the kiddos fair much better with than the parents. I hope it's some other bug you have, but with a fever, I'd say chances are good that you are the next HFM victim in your house.

35. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Sleep was better last night. She's very much about momma these days which is making life more challenging as our divide and conquer strategy is generally that I handle C and DH handles K for morning and bedtime.

Yesterday morning, I dropped C off at the elementary and K cried. She's not accustomed to this routine at all. It's crazy to me how attached those two girls are to each other.

36. snowjewelz

@MamaG: I am sure I am b/c I have been her main caretaker when she was the worst! Well, I have an OB appt on Friday, so if I am so miserable by then at least she can tell me what limited things I can do...

And yes, Kara is allll mommmmy again too.

37. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Ohhhh so sorry about K Glad she seems to be getting better! I pray it stays away from you!!!!!

@MamaG: so sweet yet sad K misses her big sis!!!!

@MrsF: What a wonderfuk weekend!

@MamaG: Sorry about her sleep....I don't know G but wakes at 6:30
    daily now, but I contribute it to being back on schedule 5 days a week

38. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

Since we're living with my inlaws, K has been obsessed with Nana (my mil) lately.

Also my mil bought us a new high chair today and K was so excited. She came into the kitchen after I put it together and ran up to it yelling high chair, high chair. Dinner has been a mess lately with K either wanting Nana to hold and feed her or having to chase her around the house, but hopefully having a high chair will make dinner a little less stressful.

39. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: I am better today, fever broke! Throat hurts but that I can deal with!

@Miss Ariel: Hopefully the highchair will help! It's nice that her and MIL are bonding!

I duno if K's sickness brought on some additional attitude... She is supposed to be better now, but I feel like the crankiness and attitude stuck! And mommy preference! Ahhh!

40. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@snowjewelz: glad you are both feeling better! E has had some random stomach bug (totally fine minus messy and/or leaking diapers -- ugh!), that we are all trying to avoid getting!

@miss ariel: glad that you have somewhere to go while everything gets sorted out at your place, and bonus points for having the extra help! i'm sure having some new things of her own will make the transition easier.

@mamag: E has gone the other way with sleep and has been sleeping in til at least 7-730 most days. not complaining!

One more week of true summer (no camps, etc), and I think we are all sick of each other and ready for schools to start back up! We had orientations this week, and both the girls seem really excited. And of course I am too

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee