Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Oh the whining, tantruming fun of 2! K is really in protest life and assert my position on everything mode. She bit a classmate yesterday because K did not get the chair she wanted at snack time. She also scratched C across the cheek near her eye two weeks ago (drew blood) out of anger. She's also in a hitting/kicking phase. She's so darn funny, smart and cute. But this one has a mean streak in her.

2. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MamaG: She's a sassy one! K1's cousin who is 2 weeks older, makes her almost 4 year old brother cry on a daily basis!

Most days Kara proclaims she doesn't like this, doesn't like that. She'll literally say I don't like this breakfast but then proceeds to eat it. I think she just likes the power of saying she doesn't like something? Whenever my mom/sister came over, she would say I don't like grandma! I don't like auntie! But go right to playing with them, lol.

Kara's LOVING school. She started going full day 5 days a week so we can keep K2 out of daycare till summer. She loves it. Every day DH goes to pick her up she doesn't want to leave!

3. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MamaG: We've been in this phase for 6 months, it seems. Just when it seems to be getting better, we had a morning of constant whining, throwing everything, hitting me, hitting Ty. He's lucky he's cute!

4. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

Yep, we're right there with you @mamag (and others!). We definitely get lots of "I don't like X" to things she very obviously likes...cheese, chocolate, crackers, etc. And she is way more antagonistic than her sister ever was! There is one boy at school that gets into it with her -- yesterday there was a behavior report for E and then a notice she had been bitten all before nap time! I just roll my eyes and pray that 2.5 gets better

5. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

Yep, here too! M loves to arch his back, try to smack us, or hit himself when he doesn't get his way. Today he decided to cry when eating lunch (thinking the last of his molars are finally popping through). Wish he'd be consistent with his naps too. He goes anywhere from no nap to 2.5 hrs! LOL

6. winniebee

Ryan has the stomach bug. Since Saturday night - had new friends over and he projectile vomited in front of them exorcist style. Then again a few hours later. Sunday was super fussy and didn't eat much and then projectile vomited again Sunday evening after not eating dinner. Today he is home with me and has barely eaten a thing. And I have a work deadline this week so I got up at 4:30 a.m. to work....and he woke at 6:03. Working again during nap and probably again tonight. It's days like today that I just want to go back to being a SAHM. Not that staying home easy, but the constant juggling of work and the kids and illness and snow days has really beaten me down this year...since it all falls on me anyways.

7. snowjewelz

@winniebee: Oyyy, and you're almost or in 3rd trimester already right?! I hope your new friends weren't too horrified lol! I so agree... Whenever Kara is sick we have to play the whole "who will take care of her today" game. I am sooo thankful that when she had a week long flu I was on maternity leave!

8. winniebee

@snowjewelz: yeah 27 weeks now. Not fun.

9. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MamaG: ugh, H is in a hitting/kicking/pushing phase, and I honestly don't know how to handle it. All I do is say "hands are not for hitting! Hitting hurts!" Etc etc and redirect. But it doesn't seem to be sinking in. It makes me feel like a terrible parent.

@winniebee: that sounds awful. I am so sorry. On my husband's last work trip to Dubai, H got some kind of bug right after he left. Throwing up, etc. etc. That was super fun. And it must really suck to have to manage deadlines on top of that. So sorry And I hope you don't get it!!

10. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@winniebee: Yuck! Sorry you are dealing with the sickness...and the work...and (as always) the primary parenting! When it rains, it pours, right?!

@theotherstark: definitely don't feel like a terrible parent! you can only control/do so much, and it sounds like you are trying the right things. hopefully it sinks in soon! i have really been doing a lot of "you must be frustrated. let's tell Kate "kate, i'm frustrated. i would like a turn. can i play with that please?" and making her repeat it. we'll see if she eventually gets it on her own!

11. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: Your egg dying activity looked so fun! What did you make the mix out of?

12. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@theotherstark: Yes, on the eggs - what did you use to get such bold colors? I need to do this with the kids. They love this stuff.

13. snowjewelz

@MamaG: I rely on school to do fun/messy things, lol! I am sooo not crafty so I really suck at setting anything up for her!

So, two things on my mind for spring/summer -

1. Trike. Anybody riding one yet? Or when did their older sibling start? I realize she will probably want to ride one this year

2. Sand box. Anybody have one? I just really need to make sure I get sterilized play sand and keep the lid close?

14. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: We have a trike from C, this will be the year to get it out (make sure to get a helmet, too). Trikes are short lived in our family because our girls are so darn tall.

We don't do sandboxes, we have a pool. K isn't a fan of sand, too dirty. C loves it and would play in it for a significant amount of time.

15. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Kara hated beach/sand last year but was just playing in her cousin's sandbox and was completely obsessed!

16. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@snowjewelz: M got a trike for his bday in Nov. He doesn't know how to use the pedals yet though so we still push him in it. No sand box here since we don't have a yard, but our apt complex has a volleyball court & kids play in the sand there.

@winniebee: Sorry for all of the sickness. Hope he feels better soon. M didn't want to eat much Thurs - Sat, but his was molar related.

17. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@snowjewelz: we have K's old tricycle, and K has already been teaching E how to pedal she also rides some pedal trikes at her preschool, i think. she is obsessed with the scooter, and we'll introduce the balance bike this spring/summer, too, although K didn't get into that until closer to 3.5. we'll see!

no sandbox feedback. i'm too lazy for the upkeep!

18. snowjewelz

@KayKay: Ugh I know, me too. I'm like, can you just play at your cousins? And I'll take you to the beach?! You totally reminded me to ask her teacher if she goes on the trike/scooters at school!

19. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: Oh that's terrible I hope he's feeling better soon. I don't know how you juggle it all!

@theotherstark: It sounds like you're doing all you can! J and M are constantly at each other. Having fun one minute and then one of them (usually her) decides they're done and the fighting ensues.

@snowjewelz: We got J a push trike last year. We still have the bar on (his legs were too short for the pedals anyway). Not sure if he'll be able to do it on his own this year. I'm sure he would love to! And, my kids love sandboxes at playgrounds but we haven't gotten one here. They get SO sandy and I'd rather keep it away from the house. We have a swing set and a water table.

20. winniebee

R is back at school today - yay! Finishing my motion which is due tomorrow....should be ok....

Ryan can't really figure out the trike yet. He does the plasma car and scoots around on ride on stuff but he hasn't quite figured out pedaling yet. He has figured out the scooter so will probably use that a lot this summer. He got a balance bike for his bday but he still can't reach both toes to the ground with it yet....hopefully by the time all the snow melts...(June!?)

21. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: @MamaG: H looooved it! haha. I probably should have waited until closer to Easter, but I ended up just using raw eggs since I know we will use them. I might do more with him next week, if we get through these.

I just used the Paas kit or whatever from Safeway! I think it's like $3.50 or something, and you need vinegar too. I left the eggs in for a lot longer than the box said, mainly because I was dumb and didn't think about how the brown eggs I normally get wouldn't look as vibrant So I had them in there for like, 15-20 mins. They turned out really pretty! Although now H just wants to play with the eggs

22. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@winniebee: h still hasn't quite gotten the hang of a scooter!! I keep trying, but I think mostly he hates the helmet

23. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@snowjewelz: Both my kids have trikes. Logan just pushes himself around on it with his feet - he hasn't figured out peddling yet. I don't think Xander really got peddling until closer to 3.

@theotherstark: Xander originally hated his helmet too, but he really wanted to ride his trike outside and we were very firm that he could only ride it outside with his helmet on. Once he did it a few times, he was fine with the helmet. Good luck!

24. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

I'm reading to catch up, between work and kiddos so hard to get on HB and it sucks on my phone!

Sorry for the tantrums, we literally just had an awful night with G she cried all night didn't eat so IDK what's up, but her hiny is in bed already!

@theotherstark: You are a great Mom, and those eggs sure were pretty!

@winniebee: Glad R is back at sxhool, no fun being that preggo and having a sick kid

@snowjewelz: Trike
    G has had one since Christmas and can pedal
    It's a radio flyer
    No, sandbox here... but they look fun!

25. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Yeah I can't HB much on my phone! I'm the most active during the week at work

I guess I will get her a trike and just see if/when she feels like peddling!

Yeah, Kara has been melting down when I come home from work lately. I think she wants to be with me but I usually have to nurse baby right away... So now I'm gonna just pump more at work and let my mom feed her so I don't have to nurse till bed time.

And Kara is totally starting the "I don't want to wear this shirt" thing! But she won't pick another shirt! Oh and she wants to put on her underwear but she wears it over her pull up haha! She goes on the potty some days at school but not consistent, and nada at home.

26. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: Jack will go through all of his pants designating them "not cozy" until he finds one he wants to wear...

27. winniebee

Now Ryan has pink eye. I now have stomach cramps and diarrhea. FML.

28. snowjewelz

@winniebee: Noooo!

29. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@winniebee: Oh man, I'm sorry!!! That's so rough!!

30. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@FaithFertility: I have also been reading along without posting because it sucks on the phone! Now that I'm at work and on a computer all day I'll be back on more often.
    @snowjewelz: Ethan has sooo many ride-ons, he has a cheap little Mickey Mouse trike that he rides inside - hasn't figured out the pedals, and we have a 3-in-1 that we can push, we'll probably take the handle off this summer.

Oh no to the meltdowns, It's so hard when it's because they just want to spend time with you.
    And E is getting pretty picky about clothes, I have to scroll through his shirts and ask, this one? this one? until he says yes instead of no. And he has gone to daycare with socks and sandals on already, lol. And wore water shoes to gma's house last week. Oh boy.

@winniebee: Oh no! So sorry you're sick too!

31. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@josina: Our daycare doesn't allow Crocs or sandals. It's a daily battle to convince K that she can't wear her Dory Crocs or her sandals. Unfortunately, it's warm here already and that's her standard weekend wear. And big sister can wear those things to school on non-PE days. The struggle is real when you are two!

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: ohhh no!!!!!! I am sorry!

@josina: Yeah I have 20 6yr olds all day..so can only HB during lunch...lol

So far we are ok with clothes although she has certain jammies she loves!

2nd night of not eating?!?! But she let AJ sit in her highx chair for dinner

33. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: no no no

M pooped literally 5 times in the hour between dinnner & bed last night. I'm terrified.

34. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@winniebee: please tell me it's short lived. I had cramping last night that morphed into diarrhea too. 😖 We have painters in our house today and I wasn't planning to be here. I really don't want to stay home sick.

35. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Healthy prayers ladies!!!!!!

36. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Also on the GI topic, we went out for hibachi on Tuesday. All fun and games until J screams out "I'm pooping!!" at the table full of 10 people (strangers, of course) watching their food being cooked.

37. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@winniebee: @MamaG: @MrsF: Hope it's short lived for all of you! Ethan had issues Friday night & Saturday with horrible diapers & diaper rash, poor guy hurt to walk or sit in the tub, thankfully he was fine by Monday.

38. winniebee

@MamaG: It was a full 24 hours of nausea and terrible cramps - only 3-4 bouts of diarrhea though. Today I feel better, not 100% though. Just off and not very hungry (it's 11 and my pregnant self has only eaten a bowl of cereal at 6:45 am!) Hope you are feeling ok today!

Ryan seems to be better today....off to Chicago this evening. I haven't even thought about this little trip. It's truly just to accompany my husband to a conference so we can hang out at night. Hopefully my stomach is up for that steak dinner tomorrow night!

39. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@winniebee: I swung past the store this morning and grabbed some probiotics and a sprite. My stomach seems somewhat settled for now. All day yesterday I was craving ice cream. And I was resigned to having some after the girls were asleep and my chores were done. By the time I got to ice cream it sounded like a horrible idea. I don't ever say no to ice cream

Enjoy Chicago and certainly enjoy the time with your DH! I hope you get some relaxation for yourself while he's busy conferencing.

40. snowjewelz

@winniebee: Yes to steak dinner and alone time with husband! Hope you're 100% by then... Enjoy!!

@MamaG: Good that it doesn't seem to be anything more!

@MrsF: Hahaha, oh the fun of never knowing what a 2 year old might say/do!

Kara lately HAS to look at her poop and she'll say ewww or yucky. So weird!

@FaithFertility: Kara still has good and bad days of eating too! Some days we have to scramble to get her more food; some days she doesn't even want her favorites!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee