Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@FaithFertility: hehe, glad the Huggies seem to be working for you.

2. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: night 1 But it's a start, little man got his usually 7-7 sleep YAY!

3. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Are kiddos are 2.5 Yes, I say kiddos because I can't believe how big they are!!!!!!!!!
    Any fun updates?!
    G LOVES to read books has many memorized, she holds conversations like an adult...blows my mind!
    She is a fun loving easy going kid!
    Sometimes likes to do things on her "own" Time which isn't what I neeed/want ...lol

Tantrums are pretty scarce and she over all is AMAZING with her brother

Eating is getting a little more pickier, but I think that is pretty normal.and her go to foods are still healthy so I just roll with It!

4. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@winniebee: yeah!!! I'm so, so excited for you all! Congratulations!!!

5. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@winniebee: Yep, tears here too! So many congrats!

6. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@FaithFertility: I just told DH this morning when E was giving him a hug how BIG he is!
    This age is so fun because of all the fun things they do /funny things they say. E likes to say 'oh, man' a lot. He wants to be outside all.the.time - we recently added a 3rd lock to the very top of our doors so he can't escape. He's learning how to pedal a bike. Counts to 12, then starts over at 8. Loves to paint/color/draw so hopefully will have some of my artistic talent. Loves to dance - he made me dance with him in front of the radio at a grad party 2 weeks ago, lol. (no one else was). He loves his lil sister and will play patty-cake with her and make her laugh. Soo cute.

7. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: ughhh patty cake 😍
    Giuliana pedals a radio flyer trike , but her bike is still a tad to big so she has to kind of stand to push pedals down lol

She has recently taken up playing with the neighbors and asks to play with the "geerrlz" It is so sweet except they are like 13 and 15 And well are always riding bikes to other homes lol
    They did however play with chalk with her the other day and it made her night

8. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@winniebee: AHH! I have chills reading this. Welcome to the world Grant, and congratulations

9. snowjewelz

So since she was 2.5 I def notice the tantrums! Before now, she really never tantrums much, or it's not bad. Now, while she is pretty good most of the time, when she does tantrum, she is like a full on teenager with the ugly cry and crazy cry over the smallest thing (sometimes I don't even know why and I can't understand while she explains through her ugly crying). And she gets a little mean too! And def the outright defiance. I guess I just gotta take all the good and the bad, haha! They really are so fun/funny at this age! The other night, we were in the bedroom and DH yelled something to me and she goes "Don't scream at me!" Haha!

10. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Ohhhh I've gotten Mama don't yell at me with her finger pointing and a mean time lol

11. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@josina: according to K the number after 12 is eleven-teen. She's also thrown in a dinosaur-teen before.

12. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@FaithFertility: aww, so cute about playing with the older girls.
    @Miss Ariel: lol, dinosaur-teen sounds like something E would say too.
    @snowjewelz: E is so nice to his baby sister, but NOT to his big sister! She gets all his mean-ness. He has picked up "shut-up" though (probably from us yelling at the dogs - oops!!) so we definitely have to watch our mouths more!!!

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Miss Ariel: haha love it

14. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@winniebee: so excited for you guys!! Congratulations! Welcome little Grant! Hope you're doing okay, mama

15. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

Omg complete new mom brain. Our new baby's middle name is not Thomas. It is Taylor. A family name. Hahahahha!!!!!

16. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@winniebee: hahaha at least you got the first letter right!

17. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Finally took the front off Ks crib and put up the toddler rail. She climbed right in and went to sleep at nap. Let's see what tonight brings.

18. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: fingers crossed!

19. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

And we are infected with strep again. It's K this time. We made it a whole six days without someone being on antibiotics. I'm so ready to book a tonsillectomy for both of them!

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: awful

21. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@FaithFertility: I'm over it. I hate vomit. I know no one likes it, but I'm so done with it. It's bad when urgent care recognizes you and your kids.

22. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: I'm sure!!! Could they be carriers?! Sounds horrible, prayers for health!

23. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MamaG: ugh, I am so sorry. That sounds miserable.

24. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@MamaG: oh no! Never even having time to recover must make things so much worse.

25. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@FaithFertility: carriers typically don't have symptoms. It's a possibility that I'm a carrier and reinfecting them. The unfortunate reality is it's been going around our daycare for over a month now. My kids are just highly prone apparently.

We try really hard to not share anything at home including kissing on cheeks or foreheads. No sharing cups, utensils or toothbrushes. But they both really suck at covering coughs and keeping fingers out of their noses.

26. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@winniebee: I did the same with E, saying his name was Ethan Mathew instead of Ethan Michael once! Whoops.
    @MamaG: Sorry for all the sickness! How did the night-sleep go for K in the toddler bed?

We've been lucky as far as getting sick, but all the bumps and bruises with this kid! I counted 19 'owies' last night - bruises/scratches. He needs a bubble.

27. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

The transition to the toddler bed has been A-Okay! She's not climbed out without direction (no roaming once we leave her room). This might be the ONE rule both of my kids actually follow. No getting out of bed without calling for Mommy/Daddy.

As a matter of fact all sleep times, she's just laid down and gone to sleep without playing. I'm sure this will change when she's feeling 100%, but for now, it's been great.

Now if I could just get her interested in the potty! And to stay healthy!

28. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Hope she's doing better and no one's getting re-infected! We got letters from school last week about coxsackie and conjunctivitis....

@josina: K has been getting a lot of bruises too from running around all the time! She falls a lot for some reason!

29. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Speaking of potty, we had a disaster Saturday, E was outside in his swimming trunks and pooped. NOT fun to clean up.
    He has been better about pee'ing in the potty, so progress.

30. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: awwww man, I feel you in coughing/fingers in nose...lol
    G has her cough again and coughs right in AJ' s face all the time but I'm pretty sure it is allergies!

@josina: kudos to you and all mom's with toddler poo lol
    I don't think I could handle lol hopefully AJ will be easy too (I pray)

31. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: ugh, i really hate public restrooms so while i wish she's potty trained already, i don't mind diapers when we're out! i myself try not to go to the bathroom when out!

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: YES!!!!! That is my biggest thing, I MAKE her go before we leave and if she has to go I literally hold her ober the potty lol poor girl, but I get you 100%

33. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

We've been diaper-free at home on and off for the past few months, but today is K's first day not wearing diapers at school. Well see how she does by the end of the day, but I haven't had a call saying she's out of clothes yet. Although I may have gone a little overboard and she has 3 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of socks and underwear and an extra pair of shoes, just in case... ha!

34. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Miss Ariel: Hahah extra shoes I've had that call before

35. Adira

We're not even attempting potty training!

36. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Adira: we're not either. J had some interest at one point but not at all since C's birth. Fine with me!

37. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: I'm so sorry about all of the sickness Hopefully things are better soon! Glad the bed transition has been going well though- that's a tough one!

38. Adira

@MrsF: Oh phew! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

39. snowjewelz

@Adira: @MrsF: I'm in your corner too! Not doing anything. Her interset in it waxes and wanes; she has clearly told me on her own that she isn't ready and she wants her diapers. So we'll move on!

40. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@faithfertility: Es school actually has extra shoes in the toddler room...just in case! I've definitely picked her up when she has been borrowing them before. Haha.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee