Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Miss Ariel: woohoo on potty progress. our K is still terribly resistant to the idea of using the potty.

2. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Miss Ariel: scary!! This has happened to us, but h has either been able to unlock the door, or we can do it using a tool or paper clip.

Way to go on the potty training! H has been in underwear for the last couple of weeks, and it's going really well too. A couple accidents here and there, but much less stressful than I was expecting. Although it was nice to have the convenience of diapers, and not have to worry about where bathrooms are

3. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Yippee. A dose of Benadryl, ibuprofen and a nap and the sting is a thing of the past. She knows exactly where it happened on the side of the pool. When we were back our this afternoon she kept saying no sting again.

4. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MamaG: their memories are such steel traps!! H will do stuff like that too - he remembers things that happened or things that he saw in certain places and will talk about them. So funny.

Glad she is feeling better!

5. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MamaG: ouch!!! Ryan is really accident prone as well. Granted he takes a lot of risks but he is always getting hurt. DH just commented his legs are covered in bruises and cps is gonna be after us!

6. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@MamaG: Ouch! Glad she feels better.

Yesterday was my 5 yr anniversary and M decided to wake up with a runny nose and is now coughing/stuffy. I think this kid only gets sick around important dates

7. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@winniebee: you know K is more of a risk taker too. I sometimes wonder if it's the fact she sees her big sister doing bigger things and me being more lax in my parenting.

8. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Miss Ariel: woah to both of those things! Maybe she just needed some privacy in there

9. winniebee

@AngelicOne: oh bummer!!!

10. winniebee

@MamaG: T really isn't much of a risk taker! Maybe a little more now. R is just so daring!

11. winniebee

R is finally turning the corner on this most recent virus - he had a fever for 5 days and nasty nasty cough. Laryngitis for 3 days. He has been sooo crabby and tired this week. We better be done with illness....baby watch is starting...37 weeks tomorrow!

12. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: Glad he is feeling better!
    I'm so excited to see your announcment

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@AngelicOne: booo sorry but Happy Anniversary

14. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Miss Ariel: E has started locking doors too this week, he can get himself out but if we want in we have to get a nail to pop it. Twirp.
    Yay for being potty trained! I'm crossing my fingers for this soon, yesterday E went twice on his own, once outside (got out of the pool to go) and once on the toilet, unprompted both times.
    @winniebee: Oh no to being sick, hopefully it's over with soon. YAY for baby watch!! Hope everything goes smoothly!
    @AngelicOne: Happy anniversary!

15. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MamaG: Oyyy! I am not looking fwd to the bees this summer. Last year I got stung to protect K! DH said we're gonna just line our deck with all the dug repellent plants!

@theotherstark: Oh yeah K clearly remembers when I got stung last summer and freaked out...

@AngelicOne: Happy anniversary! K started this weekend with a runny nose too; it felt so foreign b/c she actually has been healthy for a long stretch!

@winniebee: So exciting! K2 came at 37 weeks, can't wait for all of you to meet him

We are still not really anywhere for potty training. She sits on the potty all day at school, which is good, but has not actually gone. I think one of these days when we hang out in the back yard I'm just gonna let her go diaper free and put the potty out.

16. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Why are swim lessons so exspensive?!
    We don't have a YMCA close or any of those options just companies that charge 80-95 a week for 6 weeks minimum plus $75 registration
    I just can't, but she NEEDS to learn

17. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

We're not potty training either. Sometimes Logan will want to sit on the potty, but it's always after he's gone in his diaper. I'm not sure daycare is doing regularly with him yet or not. I'm going to ask them today.

@FaithFertility: Ugh, that is expensive! We go through the Y, which feels pricey, but is cheaper than what you stated. Bummer.

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: I just made another thread, I might start at DH moms pool going nightly just me and her ya know?!

19. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@FaithFertility: that's crazy! I guess because it's in Flordia and there's such a need they can get away with it.

K has been $80 per month, going once a week. It's an interesting way of doing things where once you sign up you can keep going as long as you want. But K is in the Water Babies class with a parent which she's ready to move on from. But they don't have actual classes till she's 3, so we'd need to pay for private lessons for her to continue till then.

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Miss Ariel: It's crazy right?!?!
    It is only for 15 mins a day too 5x a week
    They say the 15 min mini sessions work best, which I kind of get but still

21. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: We've gone diaper free for a few hours while E plays outside and he's done great so I think that helps! He wore his swim trunks sans-diaper and no accidents.
    @FaithFertility: We don't have any options locally either that would work with our work schedules, so I'm thinking trying to teach him some basics myself too.. youtube it?

22. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: Good idea, I just don't want her to get discouraged because she loves the pool and water now and I want her to have fun....
    Kind of why I wanted lessons in a different pool, but maybe if we go just me and her and it is our "practice" time it Will be ok, then again she is pretty easy going so I don't know why I think this lol

23. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: wow, that's expensive! I live in an expensive area but I don't think ours is that much! I just plan on teaching the girls myself and maybe put them in class together when K2 is older (aka when I don't have to pay so much for double daycare.....)

@Adira: I'm glad K has a buddy in non training, haha! They only do it so much at school b/c I think 90% of the kids in class are 3 already and trained. I'm surprised she doesn't want to copy them!

24. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@FaithFertility: we have always gone through our parks and recreation department. I suggest you check out your local parks and recreation department!

25. winniebee

@FaithFertility: That's insane - I think you could do private lessons for cheaper!!

26. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: those are private
    They have brands like Aqua buddies and little bubbles but are private and even more if they come to you!!!

27. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Cheapest I've found
    These are private

28. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@theotherstark: I'll look, we have no public pools?!?! So not sure where they would be?!
    So odd, now that I think of it!!!

29. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

We are finally doing lessons for C this year. She's too big for her puddle jumper and at nearly 6 it needs to be done. We do have a Y, but I've not heard great success stories. We also have a swim place, but I wasn't impressed with their pricing. I'm reaching out to a private instructor that would come to our house. At this point, it's critical for her to learn and I just want it done already. We put it off because I wasn't sure there was much value in the little classes as she's never been afraid of the water. We just need her to gain some skills so I can get her out of the life jacket. She wears it but doesn't want to.

I'm not ready to start K in lessons, the earliest I will do them for her is next year (I think).

30. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

I literally just signed up for swimming lessons this morning. We're doing them at the Y and both kids can be in the same class, which is awesome!

31. snowjewelz

@MamaG: That's what I'm thinking too! I'll teach her until she is too old/big for a puddle jumper then I would want professionals haha! I'm fairly confident that I can teach her the basics but probably still better to take some classes.

32. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: So strange there are no public pools... Maybe b/c every house/complex already have pools usually!? Or the ocean is right there?! lol!

33. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: right?!? We used to, but it is now just a splash pad and pool is used for local community college events

34. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: J is WAY more of a risk taker than M. Second kid thing?

@winniebee: Ugh - that's a bad virus! Yay for him feeling better and for 37 weeks

@snowjewelz: @Adira: We're not potty training yet either. J has been interested on and off but I think we'll really have to do diaper free and we're a little too busy with the new guy to do that any time soon.

@FaithFertility: That's expensive and I can't imagine the logistics of every day for 15 min (although I get why developmentally that would probably be the most effective). Tough call...

35. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: btw, since LAST summer when she was only 18 months, my dad kept telling me to just "throw" her in and that's how we all learned I was like ummmm no thanks lol!

36. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: right, my Dad let me "fall in" to teach me water safety

37. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@mrsf: saw on IG it's your first day alone with all 3 monsters. How's it going? Hanging in there? Low expectations are key, my friend!

38. snowjewelz

@KayKay: I so agree even just with 2

39. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Speaking of home with mutiple kids, when you have just 1 it is like a Vaca lol

40. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: It's funny that in the past with just K1, some days were still so hard! But now when I solo both and it's really not bad at all, I'm like why was it hard?!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee