Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@theotherstark: Ahhh!! Prayers for you

@MrsF: A beautiful boy!! Congratulations again!

2. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@winniebee: @snowjewelz: thank you so much! Really hoping this little one sticks around.

3. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@theotherstark: Sooo Excited for you!!!!!

4. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@FaithFertility: thank you!! I'm still so nervous; it's hard to be too excited. Haha.

5. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@theotherstark: I get you!!!! Take It one day at a time! Be excited!!!!

6. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: I understand Will be here for you as you go through all the different emotions ❤❤

7. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@theotherstark: Congrats! Fingers crossed for a sticky baby!

8. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@theotherstark: Congratulations! Fingers crossed for a healthy happy nine months for you!

9. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@theotherstark: congrats momma!

10. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@theotherstark: haven't had much time to stalk other boards, so i've missed the backstory....but congrats!

11. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MrsF: Hope you and Charlie and everyone is doing great!
    @theotherstark: Congrats and lots of hope for a sticky baby.

12. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@theotherstark: congratulations! Lots of love and sticky baby wishes

13. snowjewelz

@MrsF: How is it going? How is life with 3?

Anyone planning for another LO? I'm in the never say never camp but we are most likely done. So I am feeling so bittersweet about DD2 "growing up" so fast!

14. Adira

@snowjewelz: The first year after my second, I kind of felt like I might want another and felt sad about my youngest growing up so quickly and feeling like being "done" was a depressing thought. But now that Logan is 2.5 and Xander is 4, I'm feeling really good about where our family is and am glad we're done! I feel like I can really start planning big family vacations now and doing things that both kids will enjoy, and they are finally able to really play together well and entertain themselves. It's fantastic!

15. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@snowjewelz: 100000% done after this one!

16. snowjewelz

@winniebee: Haha!

@Adira: That really is great! I do look forward to the day where there's no more "baby stuff" to do and I can really just enjoy them too!

Adoption has actually crept up a lot in conversations. I think I physically am done having kids but I don't reject the idea of having 1 more through adoption. Financially speaking we can't "afford" an adoption, but I am currently prayerfully open to that possibility down the road and believing that it will happen/or not as it is mean to be.

17. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: I would like another, DH wants to be done, so for now we're just not making any permanent decisions till DD is 2/closer to 2. Hopefully then we can agree one way or the other. It does suck having to decide b/c of financial reasons.
    @Adira: I hope to get where you're at, where I can be happy about being done with 2 - the family vacations sounds nice and would be hard to get to, and then back-track from.

ETA: DH's other reason's are that he feels 'old', he's terrified of something being wrong with the pregnancy/baby, he doesn't like the baby stage at all. My only reason to agree with him would be financial.

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Some days I feel done, than others I have baby fever!

We are preventing but have definetly not been safe a few times sooo IDK lol

19. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Oh same here. K2 was a surprise so I'm like okaaay maybe need to be more careful this time haha!

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Right?!?! AJ has easy as pie too, from what G was sooo....lol
    DH would have another tomorrow so he is zero help....lol

21. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@snowjewelz: I would love a third but dh is pretty adamant on being done. It isn't necessarily financial but more mental exhaustion after this year. Plus the sickness, dh was actually hospitalized with pneumonia earlier this year and sickness hits him the worst so he's ready to be done with winter sickness each year.

22. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Adira: @MamaG: @AngelicOne: @KayKay: @josina: @MrsF: thanks, all! Keeping my fingers crossed

23. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@josina: my DH was actually very much in the "everything has gone well so far; what if something goes wrong" camp, and was pretty worried about it until the birth. not even just in terms of the baby (although that too), but even my health & wellbeing. pregnancy & childbirth is no joke!

we're done barring any craziness...but we've already had 2 unexpected timing of pregnancies, so we're being a little more careful now! and DH will eventually get snipped.

3 has actually been harder for me lately because they are all home with me, and I just feel like I can't give any of them the attention they need/deserve. it's not even so much their behavior....just honest scarcity of time. I wonder if people with 4+ just are used to it, so they don't feel the guilt? no idea how they do it!

24. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Hi ladies! Charlie is now 5 days old, I suppose, so I'm finally getting a minute to write He's doing very well but things have been a little complicated around here (aren't they always?). We came home from the hospital on Sunday afternoon and oohed and ahhed over the big kids snuggling the baby (they had done the same in the hospital the day before)... and then Molly spiked a fever to 104 a few hours later She also told me at the same time that she couldn't bend her neck at all without crying (a red flag for meningitis). So I called our pedi who told us what to look for with M and told me that I had to get the baby out of the house. Even if M didn't have meningitis, any fever in a baby this little would mean hospitalization for spinal tap and IV antibiotics. Thank goodness for my wonderful parents who came back after driving an hour home (they had literally just left after caring for the big kids during the hospital stay) and took me and Charlie to their house for a few days of quarantine and also have been driving me back and forth up here for a few lab draws and appointments for the baby.

Luckily all is well - M is fever and pain free so the ped kind of begrudgingly agreed we could come home and we're all back together again. I was feeling SO guilty about the big kids - "mom has a baby and now she has to move to nana & grandpa's!" and M was kind of focused on it being her fault because of her illness And of course it's been hard for DH to not be with his brand new baby as well. Anyway - we're all settled in now finally and going through the normal nursing sleeping pooping repeat - but so happy to all be in the same house and seemingly healthy!

25. Adira

@MrsF: Oh wow! What a stressful few days at home! Or not at home, as the case may be! So glad to hear that M is doing better now and that you're all back together!!

26. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@mrsf: aw man! glad you had a relatively good option for somewhere to go, and everything has passed. i'm not a germaphobe at all, but i hate the first 3m when it's such a big deal for the littles to even have a fever....and obviously with 2 other kids there is no way to really avoid the germs! enjoy those snuggles!!

27. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsF: awww man I am so sorry!!!!! So glad M is ok, C is back home and you all are together! Did baby C have to get blood done due to his size?! He was 9 something too right?! Poor AJ had to do a few rounds too!

Your pictures were precious!!!

28. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@MrsF: whew. Sorry for the germs and worries. Hopefully everyone is happy to be under one roof.

29. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MrsF: I responded on the June thread, but that is just so scary and I'm glad she is feeling a bit better!!

30. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MrsF: Oh wow, so scary but glad it all worked out and that you're home again!

31. snowjewelz

@MrsF: how crazy! and sad that M was blaming herself Sweet girl; it's not your fault! It was great that she clearly communicated what was wrong tho so you could take the precautions! And I'm glad it turned out to be nothing!

32. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MrsF: aw man! That is so scary! Glad you could go with your parents, though, and that everyone seems to be fine and on the mend.

33. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@FaithFertility: Yup - C was 9lbs 5 oz so they started checking his blood sugars in the hospital (I guess big babies can run low even without gestational diabetes) and he had a few low ones so he needed to be checked for a day or so. The labs more recently have been for bilirubin. I seem to always produce jaundiced babies The last check from yesterday was good though, so I think we're hopefully in the clear.

I can't believe how big AJ is getting (from your IG posts). It's a good reminder of how fast they grow!

34. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Well our K is proving to be accident prone. After the finger smashing she managed to trip up in my shoes a week ago and cut her big toe pretty bad. And today while walking around the pool she stepped too close to a wasp and got stung.

And I've now lost my big toenail due to K kicking it with her boots on.

All minor but it seems non stop lately.

35. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsF: awww yep same here with AJ! Glad C seems to be in the clear now!
    I know so fast, he has turned a corner this week and is talking so much, interacting and all over pulling up and standing lol

36. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: geeeshhhh sorry Mama

37. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: Ugh - that's terrible Hopefully you guys are injury free for a while!

38. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MamaG: argh, I'm sorry. I feel like H is too - nothing too crazy like that (although we did have an urgent care visit a couple months ago when my dog accidentally knocked him into the back stair while they were both running around. H smashed his face and teeth right into the stairs. Everything is okay, but it bled a lot). I feel like he constantly has bruises and scrapes on his legs and arms from running too fast and falling, bonking his head on things, etc. Ha. Crazy kids!!

39. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@MamaG: oh no! Apparently after K lost her nail she figured you needed to join the fun.

40. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

For the low point of the week K decided to lock herself in the bathroom and then couldn't figure out how to turn the lock the other way. Thankfully dh was able to pop the lock with a knife instead of needing to take the door off.

But on a high note, also bathroom related, on Tuesday she started asking to wear underwear and since then has been accident free, at least besides when she told dh she had to go and they didn't make it in time.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee