Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@KayKay: too funny! AJ has come home in his sister's shirt before lol

2. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@KayKay: How did the diaper free day go? I hope she didn't need the extra shoes

3. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@MrsF: that was me. but pretty good! No change of clothes needed. Although there was a bit of miscommunication and whoever got her up from her nap left her diaper on in the afternoon. But half a day was successful, so I'm calling it a win!

4. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

Hey everyone!! We are doing well but it is sooo much crazier with 3. I have them on my own a fair amount (started some part time camps and child care this week). T is obsessed with the baby and R is way more interested than I thought he would be. Lots of negative attention seeking behavior! G is doing well though! Typical newborn sleep and nursing is going ok. Trying to take advantage of the sleepy newborn days!

5. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Miss Ariel: @KayKay: Oops! I get to blame sleep deprivation for everything right now, right? Glad to hear about the success, even with the miscommunication

6. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: Your picture on IG just melts my heart, T looks so in love

7. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: Glad things are going well! 3 is totally crazy but I'm trying to remember how crazy 2 used to feel in the early days...

8. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@winniebee: Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

So we have hopped on the Frozen bandwagon what 3yrs too late ?!?!
    Anyway G woke this morning and was laying in her bad saying Mommy Daddy I'm up....
    So I went in to see her, she is laying in bed her arm across her face eyes closed...I said G are you up?! She whispers something
    I said what?!
    And she sits up and says "Ohhh it's coronation Day!" OMG lol
    She had the cheesiest grin too

10. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@FaithFertility: lol, thats hilarious.

11. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: I died!!!!! She knew exactly what she was doing...lol

12. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@FaithFertility: Mine is only obsessed with Trolls! She is obsessed with Princess Poppy and she can recite half the movie and pretty much all the songs. Good that I like the movie too... lol!

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: So cute! We need to watch Trollls, DH said he tried with her once and the beginning was scary and she asked to turn it off?! But Moana she was fine with?! IDK?!

14. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Oh, I guess I can see that b/c the beginning is where the bergens are gonna eat the trolls lol. But yeah to me it's no scarier than Moana.... Trolls is pretty cute!

15. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: yeah I'm going to try it with her, I think she will be ok DH is a softie with her lol

16. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: I'm obsessed with Moana Pandora station so good

17. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: I still never showed K frozen haha. She watches Trolls like once a week and she is totally happy to watch it again and again so I'm not gonna start this Frozen thing with her esp when she already has so much Trolls merchandise lol!

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: hahahaha right, yep G too, it is usually a weekend treat

19. Adira

@FaithFertility: @snowjewelz: Logan says Moana is too scary! We haven't been able to watch it. Haven't tried Trolls.

20. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@FaithFertility: haha tooooo funny!

21. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Moanna is on repeat at our house, but I love it too so thats okay. We rented Trolls and E barely watched it, but now whenever he see's them on tv he says he wants to so may have to buy it.
    E's also obsessed with the Minions. And he likes 'scary' movies. Brave has some scary parts with the bear - he LOVES it.

22. snowjewelz

@josina: I have yet to finish watching Brave! I'll have to to do that!

I really want to show K Lilo & Stitch!

23. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: He seems like such a brave boy!

24. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@FaithFertility: lol, too brave, hence all his bumps/bruises! Unless we're talking bubble wrap, lol. (J/K - he has grown out of that one! )

25. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: oh that's right! So silly! G has so many bruises on her legs too, she is an outside girl and isn't the most graceful!

26. Adira

Hope everyone had a fun 4th of July!

27. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: You too! We did went to both grandma's pools well when DH came home we tried to keep G up for fireworks but she wanted bed at 8:45 and said
    "I dont need them tonight!" lol

28. Adira

@FaithFertility: haha, we didn't even try to keep the kids up for fireworks! One year we woke up Xander to watch them because we could see some out his bedroom window, but he just fell right back asleep standing at the window, lol. We didn't try again after that.

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Yeah, I don't think she really likes them, we tried to show her a sparkler the other night and she politely kept saying no thank you lol

I am kind of a 4th of July scrooge, not my holiday lol
    I am not big into fireworks either

30. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

We did fireworks on Friday night and they really seemed unimpressed. It's too late here. The earliest ones are at 9:30. And it's so flaming hot. And mosquitoes with west Nile. Blah!

I do love me some patriotic attire and BBQ and pool time. But the fireworks and crowd I can live without.

31. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: YES! Exactly! I also loved your parade and neighborhood party pics! That looks fun!

It is soo hot and humid and our city does a thing by the water, but it is always full of people drunk

32. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@FaithFertility: the kid parade is fun. I personally think much of our neighborhood sucks as we don't get many spectators for the kids but they really enjoy it. My kids have a patriotic song they sing daily at daycare so they sang that as they went and people like to hear it.

33. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@FaithFertility: Looked like G was doing really well in the pool. Have you started lessons yet? We haven't been to the big pool yet this year...
    We watched fireworks from my parent's house a couple miles outside of town and E liked those for awhile... then my bro started setting his own off and E got scared so we went inside. A bit too close. Em slept right through all of them amazingly.

Loved the parades, and a bouncy house/slide... E is OBSESSED now and keeps asking to go to the bouncy house. lol

34. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: She is rocking it witb the swimmies
    She goes Friday
    I hope she likes it lol

35. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

We've yet to watch Trolls over here either. We have watched Moana a handful of times, but more often listen to the soundtrack. We did take her to Cars 3 though, but he favorite part was definitely the preview for the new Frozen short.

He current obsession though is watching music videos. She loves Bruno Mars' The Lazy Song because people wear monkey masks in it. Also Pharrell Williams' Happy and she calls the minions aliens.

36. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

We were also 4th of July scrooges over here Fireworks don't go off until 1015 or later usually, and we had gotten up at 330a to make our earlybird flight back from home from my parents' house. Needless to say, I was in bed WAAAAAY before the fireworks went off! Ha

37. snowjewelz

We didn't watch fireworks either. They go off every night from Sat-Tues! Every night in every direction!

K saw fireworks last Christmas after going to a tree lighting. She thought it was pretty cool; but I haven't bothered keeping her up just for that since baby sister goes to sleep way before.

I am going to stick it out this summer and wait till at least next to give her lessons; we were at the pool 2 days in a roll and at some point she didn't wanna wear anything!! I was like uhh you can't swim!

38. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

We didn't do anything 4th of July activities here because 1) too dang hot 2) fireworks don't start until 9pm or so and M's bedtime is 7:30pm.

We have Moana & Trolls in our Netflix queue to watch one day. M doesn't sit still long enough to watch movies, but give him his phone with Youtube videos & he's a happy camper.

39. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

40. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

So I sort of halted potty training. K was starting to hold her bowel movements (3+ days!!). So we are really laying low at least on bowel movements. Not going is too stressful for me. But tonight I took a chance when she was dry at bedtime and asked her if she wanted to try the potty. She DID it! Yippee. She stopped herself but wasn't upset or scared. We've had this problem before. She got the m&m's I've been trying to bribe her with for MONTHS. Please let this be a break through. I'm really ready to be done with diapers, or at least making progress toward getting rid of them.

I also ordered underwear for her this weekend as part of a holiday sale so that we would be ready when SHE is ready.

I needed this today, I've been in a parenting pity party funk

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee