Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

DH is unexpectedly in the hospital this weekend due to a recent issue that popped up. It’s terrible timing and we are trying to just plow through this and get to the other side. K lost her mind leaving the hospital. She’s not a total Daddy’s girl but she’s rattled about Daddy not coming home. Poor girl has never been away from either of us.

2. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@MamaG: oh no! Hope he has a speedy recovery and is back home soon.

3. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: I'm so sorry

4. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MamaG: oh no, I’m so sorry! I hope he’s better and back soon.

5. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MamaG: Oh no! I hope he has a speedy recovery and the girls will settle down!

6. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Thanks ladies. Unfortunately he’s still in the hospital until at least tomorrow. He’s having a biopsy now but we won’t get the results for 7-10 days. We are just so anxious to return to a more normal routine with him at home.

7. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: I'm so sorry your DH is having health issues. I hope you're all home together soon!

8. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@MamaG: So sorry!! Hope he's home soon!

9. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Is hubby home now? Hope everyone's doing okay

I know K is like the last kid on earth to get potty trained, but we're finally there! I'm super glad we've been taking her lead. School said last week she's ready, so she's been diaper free and without accidents so far! And of course, the not pooping have started, so I have to remember to tell her she can ask for a diaper to poop if she needs.

10. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: thanks for asking, unfortunately no he’s still in the hospital. It sounds like hopefully Friday or Saturday. Y’all this has been the craziest thing we have dealt with. And not having people local we can rely on is hard. Thankfully my sibling is in a position she could come to my rescue.

11. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MamaG: You guys have had it so tough with the non stop strep and now this! Hopefully everyone is healthy soon!!

@snowjewelz: Yay for potty training and sounds like it's going well!

12. snowjewelz

@MamaG: I'm glad she is able to be there for you! I can't imagine the stress of having to juggling everything especially no even having a firm discharge date. I hope K is doing better too!

13. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MamaG: I'm so sorry you guys are going through this!! Hang in there mama

14. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@snowjewelz: congratulations! My niece was born 11/13/14 and is just now peeing on the potty. Total refusal until just now.

15. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@snowjewelz: K wasn't the last, M is! We've been watching the Daniel Tiger potty episodes a lot to get him excited about it. Now we've gotta work on the no diaper part because he's fine to sit, but only with clothes on. LOL

@MamaG: Oh no! Hope DH is healthy & home soon. I'm glad your sibling is able to help some at least.

16. snowjewelz

@AngelicOne: I'm rooting you on! We've really only just started "for real"!

17. catgirl

nectarine / 2018 posts

@snowjewelz: @AngelicOne: DD has been pee trained since October but she still won't poop on the toilet. She asks for a diaper every time. We are gearing up for a big move next month and I've decided to not even care until we get settled in our new place. Good luck!

18. snowjewelz

@catgirl: Ugh she was pooping on the potty for a good stretch, now I think I have to offer her a diaper to poop b/c she's been holding it.

19. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: This must all be so stressful! I hope things are looking up soon

@snowjewelz: Yay K! - and yeah, the poop stuff was an issue for my kids

20. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Thanks again ladies. It looks like DHs official diagnosis is going to be ITP aka low platelets for no identified reason. It’s seriously scary stuff. And as far as we can tell there no identified warning signs that his platelets are plummeting.

21. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Wow, that's really crazy that there's no explanation. Will he have to go for further testing to try to find out the root cause?

22. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@MamaG: How scary! Hope y'all can find a treatment that works for it.

23. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: I'm so sorry, how scary! I pray they figure it out for you all!!!!!

24. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

DH made it home after 13 days. We elected to move forward with Kaylee’s planned surgery (tonsils and adenoids) and now DHs platelets are starting to drop again as they are tapering his steroids. I need a break. Send some healing wishes Kaylee’s way in the morning.

25. snowjewelz

@MamaG:
    I'm so sorry all this is happening! I pray for a smooth surgery and recovery for K and pray that your husband is stable and they can figure out what's going on!

26. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MamaG: Sending positive vibes for both Kaylee and your DH. Hoping for the best!!

27. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

I'm praying for K and your hubby!

28. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@MamaG: Sending positive vibes for your DH. Glad to see Kaylee made it through surgery ok. Hope she has an easy recovery.

29. Adira

@MamaG: Hope everything is going better for your family.

30. Adira

I don't want to jinx anything, but Logan has pooped on the potty three times this weekend!!

31. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Thanks ladies. Most of the time you wouldn’t know K had surgery. She only complains periodically and definitely is pickier about eating but she’s on a pretty limited diet. The only time we deviate from meds every 3-4 hours is overnight. I typing wake at about 3:00 for the restroom and will wake her then for a dose which turns into an hour long process of trying to get her back to sleep. 😴.

DH is okay. Still weaning off steroids and trying not to stress about numbers and this process.

32. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Adira: 👍👍 Great news may this be a new normal for L!

33. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Glad to know K is doing well! Take it one day at a time

@Adira: That's great!!

K finally potty trained herself like a week after she turned 3.5. She was asking to go consistently so we (school/us) felt she was ready and we never looked back and she never had any accidents! So I'm glad I persevered in the "waiting it out journey"

34. Adira

@snowjewelz: I can't believe she potty trained herself! I'm so jealous!

35. snowjewelz

@Adira: It was a long road.... So many times I doubted myself and received pressured that we should PT her. So many times I wondered if she would be in pull up's doing to pre-k So I have faith that L will poop 100% when he is ready to! K was definitely holding on more for control/emotional reasons.

36. Adira

@snowjewelz: Yeah, I do think you're right. We haven't really added any pressure to get him to poop since we potty trained him. We just remind him when he does have a poopy diaper that he has the option to go in the potty and he'll get rewarded if he does, but if he chooses to go in his diaper, to at least let us know asap so we can change him! I'm not sure why he suddenly went a bunch this weekend. I hope it's just because he's ready!!

37. snowjewelz

@Adira: Could be! Don't loose your poker face lol! The key for us was really to drop potty completely. Like great if you went, don't care you don't. I really this 3.5 is the magic age!

38. Adira

@snowjewelz: Yeah, we're just cheering him on when he does it, but trying to leave him alone otherwise! Fingers crossed for both of us!!

39. snowjewelz

@Adira: She's good with pee/poop, as for night time, I'm just gonna let her have her pull-up for overnights till she stays dry by herself... She peeps before bed and has woken up the first 1-2 hours after sleeping and early morning to go to the bathroom but I'm pretty sure she still pees overnight since her pull up is soaked usually...

40. Adira

@snowjewelz: My 5 year old still wears a pull-up to bed. I think it takes them a while before they wake to pee in the middle of the night (or can hold it that long).

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee