Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@FaithFertility: So jealous you're going on a cruise! Which one is it?? Ugh, this whole school shooting stuff hurts my heart... and is making me scared for my kids to start real school... So sorry to hear about your friend's loss.

Not much is going on here. Logan still doesn't poop in the potty, but he pees without issue. No public bathrooms yet though.

2. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: DISNEY!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!
    I hear You, It's awful and just not ok, things need to change!!

That is progress, is he scared to poop? Or just not interested?!

Ohhhh boys and PT do they sit stand lol?!?!

3. Adira

@FaithFertility: I'm so jealous!! I'm trying to convince my friends to go on a Disney Cruise next year and they just aren't committing!! Gahhh!!!

My boys sit to go potty - I heard it's easier to train them that way and less messy! As for poop - I don't know if he's scared or not interested... he has been battling constipation, which maybe is part of the problem. He poops in his nap or bedtime diaper.

4. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: awwww I can't imagine dealing with 3yr old poop lol sorry AJ says I pee pee when he goes, so I am just thinking for the future.... boys whole new ball game!

We are so excited to go...we have been planning for a year!

I'll fill you in after!

5. Adira

@FaithFertility: Yes! I want to hear all about your trip when you get back!

6. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@FaithFertility: I am so sorry about your friend
    Excited for your vacation, I know you'll have a great time!
    I'm hoping I can make it to one of the more local March for Our Lives this month!
    K2 is the same, wants everything K1 has and wants to do everything the same too!

Kara is still no where for potty training and it's not even a topic at home anymore. She goes when she wants to, otherwise we don't force it. We all decided if this is the one thing she wants to hold onto from "babyhood", we'll let her and she'll be ready when she's ready.

Otherwise I have to say 3 has been amazing too! She def gets sassy but mostly fun!

7. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@FaithFertility: Ready to be done with snow. We had a nice ice/snow mix last week that was no fun, and I traded in my AWD for a mini-van so had to be a little extra cautious.
    So sorry about your friend, my coworker also lost a Fallopian tube due to a very scary ectopic and now is on maternity leave with her baby boy.
    These 2nd children are crazy, lol. Em is definitely our tantrum -thrower already and she's only 12 months. But she's also my cuddler so I guess I'll take it.

Potty training has it's comic moments! E is hilarious some days, last week he yelled at me first thing in the morning to come see because his "pener" (penis/weiner) was bigger. (morning woody). I told him it's because he ate all his supper and he better keep it up, lol. Then he had to call me back later when it went back down.
    And I was SUPER close to getting pee'd on one morning, he was sitting to poop, and started peeing right as I was bending down to pick something up, he shot all the way across the bathroom and was THIS close to getting my hair/face.

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: omg Pener lol
    Ohhh AJ has enough tantrums for them both lol

9. snowjewelz

@josina: Yess my 2nd one is a tantrum thrower too! K1 has never ever done the throw herself on the floor thing, EVER. So K2 def did not copy that from her but somehow she throws herself on the floor when she doesn't get her way! And instead of crying she like shrieks/yells! It's pretty funny honestly....

10. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: lol, it is funny! DD threw a 1 minute on-the-floor tantrum because I took the remote away. Now hopefully she doesn't do it in public in the future though.

11. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Right? G has done like 2 maybe 1 in her life and all before AJ so he is def a natural

12. snowjewelz

@josina: Pener. I can't stop laughing lol!!!

13. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@FaithFertility: Have fun on your cruise! Sorry to hear about your friend.

@josina: Pener is hilarious.

M still has no desire to tell us before he pees or poos. Diapers forever! Lol No snow to deal with here, but it's warming back up to 70's-80's and I love it!

14. snowjewelz

@AngelicOne: Seriously. I joke that my younger one will be trained before she is....

15. Adira

@FaithFertility: I convinced my friends!! We're going on our Disney Cruise February 2019!! I can't wait to hear all about yours! Which ship are you going to be on?

Actually... you're probably already on it! Fill me in when you get back!

16. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: YAY!!!!! You will have the best time!!!! It is great! We were on Wonder!
    Nassau and Castaway Key which is AMAZING!!!!
    G had the time of her life! The kids club is insane and we had to drag her out Saturday night lol

I could go on and on!!!

Any questions as you plan let me know!!!

17. snowjewelz

@Adira: They're back! From what I saw on her IG/FB they had the time of their lives and already booked another one

I'd love to go on one too, but probably waiting till the girls are older, probably until DD2 is 3 or 4!

18. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Haha you just got on! I'm so glad you guys had so much fun. Def the most memorable spring break yet!

19. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Hahaha we did!!!! Yes, I would wait until each are 3 because AJ wanted to go into kids club with Sissy so bad and was not happy just in the splash pad area on ship and wanted in the pools BAD LOL

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: This cruise is right up there with the one where we made G hahahah

21. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Hahaha well vacations without kids is just another world entirely

Awww. Well at this point Kara at 3 isn't even potty trained, so I guess I will just wait till Karis is over 3 AND potty trained haha!

22. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Are You still olanning a trip to China?!

23. Adira

@FaithFertility: Fantastic!!! We're on the Disney Dream, but also going to Nassau and Castaway Cay!! Sounds like maybe it was almost the same cruise! How long was yours? Ours is 4 nights.

I'm sooooooo glad to hear that you guys had fun and that G had a blast and enjoyed the Kids' Club!! Mine will be 4 and 6 at the time, so I'm hoping that they'll enjoy it too and gives Hubs and I some adult time, haha. Ahhhh!!! I'm so excited!!!

24. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Yeah, we did the 3 night Th-Sun
    We were at Nassau for a day then Castaway Cay and then Home...short but so fun!

We are looking into a 4 day that has 2 days at Castaway for next time, the place is just awesome!

Ohhh I bet You they will want to be in that club ALL day it is HUGE and has a million things to do

25. Adira

@FaithFertility: That's awesome!!! Looks like you guys had so much fun! Did you get off the boat at all in Nassau? We were just there last year, so I'm thinking we might try to stay on the boat and take advantage of less people at the pools.

Did you leave G at the Kids Club at all? Or were you with her whenever she was there?

26. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: We were not planning to get off me and DH have been many times, but.......AJ wasn't a fan of the one splash area they had for him and wanted to be in the pools BAD!!

So after about 45 mins of that chaos we decided to head out ..we just walked to the first restraunt Sharkeez it was a nice break and broke up the day

The kids club has open house the first day but after that you have to drop them off it becomes lock down mode and no parents are allowed to stay.

So the first night we all got to go hang/play AJ too.
    Then she asked to go back Fri night and DH who is a daddy bear wasn't into leaving her but he saw how much she wanted to go so we checked her in and let AJ run the halls right outside and checked on her after 20 mins lol She was having a blast so we left to walk AJ around grab a coffee and came back about 45 mins later

Sat we heard they had Elsa's corination dinner with Ana and Elsa sooo of course she had to go hang out for that, she stayed from like 6-8:30 lol had a blast!!!!!! They have So much going on even a Marvel comic room, I bet your boys would love!!

It's all free and so worth it!

We didn't do the nursery for AJ that is extra and I just couldn't drop him off.....lol

With G if she was done all she had to do was ask them to call us (You have wave phones)

27. Adira

@FaithFertility: That is AWESOME!!! I'm hoping since my boys will be together, it'll be even easier to drop them off for a couple hours! Plus they are used to going to daycare, so hopefully that helps too. Ahhhh!!! I'm so excited!!!! I'm so glad it went well for you guys!! Did I hear you've booked another one for next year??

28. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Ohhh I'm sure they will go!

Yes, we got a place saver $250 on board twords any cruise 10% off from now until March 2020

29. Adira

@FaithFertility: Very cool!!

30. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Eventually... Really want/need my kids to meet my grandmother and most of our extended family are there. But it's $$ plus we'd have to go for like 2 weeks which I don't have enough PTO for still (so hard to recover from maternity leave). We're hoping to go 2019 or 2020.

And great review of the cruise! Sigh, it's first day of spring and it's like 30 degrees here

31. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: I hear ya, $$ is such an issue lol ughhhh darn $$ hahahah

Ughhh 30° that is awful!

32. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Hey ladies. Just checking in. I've been following along but haven't been adding anything. We were in a funk the past couple of months. Behavior got really bad for K at daycare to the point I was called in for a conference. She was running outside (unattended), climbing and jumping on everything inside, and a list of other things as well. I mentioned that she seems bored to me and that we should consider moving her up a class. I was dismissed. I love our school as we've been there for a long time, so I went along with all sorts of action plans to change behavior. Well, behavior is improved, but they have finally acknowledged she really needs to move and they were waiting for a spot.

Her spot is coming! She's moving to "preschool" in less than two weeks. She'll stay there through summer and then at the next school year she's moving to Pre-K! Holy moly, I wasn't prepared for pre-K this year. She'll end up doing two full years of Pre-K because she misses our school cut off here.

I'm so happy she's getting this opportunity because she needs it! She's more than ready for something new.

And on the home front, we are getting her full size bed set up this weekend. Good bye crib/toddler bed. It's been a fixture in our home for nearly 7 years now. I'm so glad to be rid of it, but sad all at the same time.

33. snowjewelz

@MamaG: That's exciting! If she is bored, preschool is definitely gonna keep her busy! I recently handed back the registration packet for pre-k, it is crazy!! I still don't know if we'll end up red shirting her... As of now, I'm leaning towards no based on everything I'm seeing from her.

34. Adira

@MamaG: That's awesome she's finally moving to Pre-School!! Logan is in our Pre-Preschool right now, but he'll move to Pre-School in the Fall when that group of kids moves to Pre-K. Then he'll do Pre-K next Fall, which puts him on track to start Kindergarten in the Fall of 2020.

Awww, bye bye crib!! I've actually been starting to think of maybe doing bunk beds and having my boys share a room. BUT Xander (my 5 year old) seems to like being able to kick Logan out sometimes, so I'm not sure how well it would work, lol.

35. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Adira: yup, K is in a preschool pathways program which sounds similar. I don’t necessarily love two years of Pre-k but it’s what she needs for development now. I mostly dislike it because our daycare does uniforms for Pre K.

Our girls would like to share a room. But i envision the same wanting space problem. So we keep them separate.

36. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: Awww yay, sounds like she is ready!
    G is too, but won't start until Aug 2018 and VPK 2019 so K in 2020 crazy!

G has a full bed and loves it!

37. snowjewelz

So K is still not potty trained, no surprise there. BUT she seems to be self poop training, which is so weird b/c I read that most kids pee train first and have a tough time with poop. But she has a great time pooping in the potty, but when I ask what about pee, she said no, I need to pee in the diaper. Huh kid?!

And her favorite thing to say back to us lately is "Huh, what did you say??"

38. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Hmm..maybe pee doesnt bother her but the poop in there does?! IDK!

Huh what did you say reminds me of a song ....lol
    Wha wha wha did ya say?!?! I can't rememebr the lyrics?

These kids are too big, G now says Mom this is how it goes and will tell me how to do something so it benefits her like:
    Mom this is how it goes I'll have 5 M&Ms and then eat my dinner ok?!?!
    Ummmm no kid that is NOT how it goes lol

39. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Ohhh I'm home sick with her today, her sinus cough is out of control since Sat night coughs her self sick It's awful

40. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Getting spoiled 😉😍

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee