Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@snowjewelz: I'm sooooo jealous she's pooping in the potty, even if she's still peeing in her diaper! Logan still refuses to poop on the potty. He just says "I can't!" and then poops in his diaper at nap or bedtime. It's so annoying! Especially because he won't tell us that he did it and sometimes we won't catch it until the morning. We've had a few bouts of serious diaper rash because of it.

2. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: ohhh I'm sorry!

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@FaithFertility: Uggh poor thing! Does anything help? Or just have to wait for it to go away?

Haha love that she tells you how it goes!

Kara tells me she's gonna grow her own baby when she's "insert random age" and it's gonna be a baby boy.

She has also been asking me for a baby brother. Meanwhile the 2 of them still fight over me so I'm like, yeaaaah okay.

4. snowjewelz

@Adira: Ugh we have the exact opposite kids! Poor thing. I have no idea why she enjoys pooping in the potty but insists pee goes in the diaper..... These kids!!!

5. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Well it is so chroic these days she goes to Dr at 1:45 her nebulizer isnt helping This time so IDK?!

Maybe she knows something you dont ?! Lol
    G asks for a baby all the time!

6. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: I can assure you she def does not actually want a baby hahaha. She's a pretty good big sister, but I solo them a lot on weekends and they both still fight over me to hold them and I'm like umm guys I only have 2 hands. We asked her at dinner the other night, what will you do to help? She starts listing off all these wonderful things that she only does half the time lol!!

7. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Hahahah too funny! G is so good with AJ it is CRAZY, but he is so mean these days to her, hits/bites just out of no where and she will say Ouch, and then hand him the toy he was after .... I'm like well thank Gosh you don't hit back but you are not helping him learn lol

8. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Aww that is so sweet! But yes I agree that prob just gives him the license to keep doing it

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: It does, she will just give it to him lol
    I never thought I would have to teach my kid to not share lol

10. Adira

Logan just pooped on the potty!!!!!!!!!! Only took five months from when we potty trained, but FINALLY!!!!

He was definitely trying to hold it and didn't want to go on the potty, but he was really struggling to hold it in and was just whining and miserable, so I was like "Let's just try! Come on! Let's go!" So he reluctantly raced with me to the potty and sat down, whimpering the whole time. I was like "Just try to fart and you might feel better!" so he did and then he started peeing and then he pooped!!! He cried during it, but I think he was just kind of scared. After, he looked down and was like in awe or something. I just kept saying "You did it, Logan!!! You pooped in the potty!!! I'm so proud of you!!!" And then he kind of caught on to my excitement about it and was like "I pooped in the potty!! Just like Dada and Mama and Xander!" And then I gave him a ton of chocolate, hahahaha!

11. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Ohhhh yay! So awesome! Chocolate is always good!

12. Adira

@FaithFertility: Hopefully he won't be afraid to do it again!

13. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Adira: we went through this too but i was more forceful about it. Not that i recommend my actions. But i would say it took us probably a week to fully get over the fear.

And even now a lot of times she won’t go pee if she pooped. She has to flush the poop away first. Silly girl.

But this is progress and that’s excellent!!

14. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@Adira: WTG Logan!

15. Adira

@MamaG: I tried to be forceful in the beginning, but he's so stubborn and really doesn't react well to me pushing, so I backed off. It was a miracle that it finally happened last night!

@AngelicOne:

16. snowjewelz

@Adira: Woohoo! So proud of him!

We're still slowly progressing bit by bit. She peed on the potty for the first time in what seems like forever last night. But then she has been asking to poop in the diaper again. We're just gonna be consistently more diaper free when it's hot and mostly outdoors. With the way she's going, I am confident that she will tell me when she's ready. She is extra proud when she initiates these potty trips herself without any prompting from us!

17. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Adira: Awesome!!

18. Adira

@snowjewelz: Thanks!! And it sounds like K is progressing too!!

@josina: I'm so proud!

19. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

We were at the ENT today for recurrent strep strep. K has had it seven times in 12 months. I need to now schedule her tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy. As much as I wanted this for her last year now that we are here my Momma anxiety is amping up. I just want her to be healthy. The recovery scares me for whatever reason. She’s only 3.5!!

20. Adira

@MamaG: Awww, I'm sorry!!! But it's such a common procedure, so she will be FINE!!!

21. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Have you scheduled the procedures? From FB I don't think she's had any of them right?

Any kid talking about dead/killing lately?! K suddenly got into saying things are dead all the time, and even talk about killing stuff (not in a creepy way). The other day I was telling DH I wad dying from something (heat? exhaustion? haha) and she was like mommy, you're dying?! So I had to be like oh no I'm just kidding.....!

22. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: H has been, too, so I am glad to hear that K has, as well

@MamaG: Scary, but it is so common! She will be fine, and so much healthier for it.

23. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: Caught me off guard! She'd even say her blankie is dead. But when I ask her what it means when something is dead, she doesn't really say anything...

24. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: She has been scheduled for June 29. We were on a 5 month streak of strep every month. She seems to have skipped May. And with any luck won’t get another infection before surgery.

25. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

We have had a lot of pool time already. It’s been a lot of fun. I love to see their confidence and skills grow.

26. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@snowjewelz: Guns have become a new thing. Not often, but surprising when it occurs. She'll say things like "I'm going to shoot you! Bang bang." I'm guessing it's something she overheard at daycare.

27. snowjewelz

@Miss Ariel: Yeah, I think it's from other kids too...

28. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@snowjewelz: E likes to talk about death lately too. we had a thunderstorm so we discussed lightning and thunder and safety. now if she hears a rumble, she is like "we need to go inside so we don't get dead!" she also talked to me about how "when you are dead you are sleeping. but not really sleeping like you wake up. just dead sleeping." and has been routinely saying that DH's 94yo grandmother "will probably die in like 10 days" (she is otherwise healthy). haha. So...yeah. Lots of relatively funny death talk lately!

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: I hope your anxiety is getting better! Prayers for a quick recovery!

30. snowjewelz

@KayKay: I'm glad it seems to be a developmental thing for them then!

31. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Swimming?! I had G in lessons last summer and she did OK
    Can swim to edge kind of...
    She uses floats or sweara she can swim.. can't lol
    We started lessons again and she has 0 interest loves the water but WILL NOT try their ways and they are pricey...WWYD? I feel like for $40 a lesson It's a shit show lol

32. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@FaithFertility: i didn’t do lessons for C until she was nearly 6. Now we work on growing those skills at home. I don’t know when I will do lessons for K. C being able to stand in the pool seemed helpful.

33. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: Yeah, I think I might put a hold.on it! She is wants to but can't lol maybe just letting her keep trying at home and such and not in lessons?!

34. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: I would just let her have fun in the pool and try again another time! Kara specifically tells me she only wants to take lessons if I am in there with her and the only older kids mommy & me times don't work for us, so I just kind of teacher her some basics when we're in the pool.

I didn't officially learn how to swim till like at least after 4 but was confident very quickly!

35. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Yeah I think I'm going to hold off..with paying lessons...she is the only kiddo that can't swim in a group of kids we hang with so maybe watching them will help!

36. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: I am sure it will!

I try to listen to my child b/c as a kid I was forced to take a lot of lessons and I never enjoyed half of them. I was SO close to just signing her up for soccer b/c we could walk there literally... But I asked her multiple times and said no so I let it be!

37. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

We won't take lessons yet just because it doesn't work with our work schedules, but I hope to teach him some things at the pool this summer. We really don't go often though so we'll see.

38. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: so funny about soccer, we were going to do it too, but she would always ask to go play at park lol.zer interest and the park.is free lol

39. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Yesss, so I just don't bother lol! I am only signing her up for stuff if she repeatedly shows me she really wants to!

40. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@FaithFertility: K has been in swim lessons for the past couple of weeks and loves them. Although is nowhere near able to swim.

I will say I'm not a fan of floaties for some of the reasons you've mentioned. Kids wear them and think they can swim so they're less likely to want to try swimming without them.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee