Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@cheert16: I would definitely call and mention it then. And that sucks that it's keeping you up at night.

2. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@cheert16: I've gotten something similar when I've been up on my feet a lot. Worst was when we went to the state fair and I could barely walk because my crotch hurt so bad! I've always assumed it was just built up pressure from baby pressing on your nerves and blood vessels. If it happens a lot, it could be good to mention to your doctor.

3. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@snowjewelz: Except your water breaking is that gush x 100 (at least in my experience). I needed the hospital grade super pads to control that while I was walking the floor in labor.

4. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MrsScallop: I'm so scared my water is going to break on the Metro or something!! Haha. I am actually so paranoid about it breaking in a public place that I probably should just get adult Depends or something for the last few weeks, and just walk around in those

5. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@MrsScallop: My water never broke naturally (they did it while I was laying on a hospital bed) So I am hoping it actually breaks for this pregnancy so I can see what it feels like! (a little weird right?)

6. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MrsScallop: At least no one will judge you if you're gushing out fluid at the hospital, or that you have giant heavy duty pads! Hehe

@theotherstark: I haven't even thought that far! I guess I keep hoping my water will just break at home or something... But I can see why you'd be nervous if you spend a fixed amount of time stationary in a moving train!

7. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@MrsScallop: Its happened when I have been on my feet a lot- and I assumed the same thing. But yesterday I was mostly sitting at work- and there for a wicked long day- so it has been worrying me.

8. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@cheert16: Hope it gets better soon! I would guess it is still an issue with pressure on your nerves, but I would definitely mention it to your doctor. Also, you aren't weird! There are a lot of pregnancy experiences that you hear about/see on TV that I haven't had yet, and at times I want to too.

9. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@snowjewelz: Haha, true! Although, hopefully you won't care about people judging you if you are in active labor in public. I'm generally pretty modest/private, but labor is a whole other thing!

@theotherstark: Haha, I was so close to buying a pack of Depends for myself last time! I was actually more worried about destroying my carpet/bed than making a mess in public. I nearly stuffed my mattress with towels as I neared my due date.

10. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

All of this talk about water breaking is making me super excited for our labor watch thread in the future

11. snowjewelz

@MrsScallop: Oo good point about the bed!

12. Adira

@whenoceansrise: Ooooh, yes! And we're over halfway there!

13. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MrsScallop: Ha, I'm scared of that too! Although, at the same time, I really do want my water to break on its own. So, whatever

14. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@whenoceansrise: Me too! Although I keep getting really anxious that I'm going to go into crazy-early pre-term labor, so I keep telling our little guy that he better stay in there and keep cooking!!

15. Adira

@MrsScallop: @theotherstark: I ended up buying a waterproof mattress pad because I was scared of ruining the bed! And I put big plastic trash bags over my car seat to protect it!

My water DID break on it's own, but luckily it was in the hospital while I was in the bathroom! I'm hoping for a similar outcome this time!

16. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@cheert16: I had some pain on my right side Saturday night that was pretty bad... went away after a bm (tmi!) and then was back overnight, a bit Sunday morning, and slight on Monday too so I just called the OB dept. They just said to drink lots of fluids and put a heat pack on it; it's been fine the last 2 days. (Not really sure what the cause was, they though constipation would be on the left side more).
    But moral is- its probably nothing, but don't be afraid to call just to ask. That's what they're there for.

17. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Just feel like posting some updates!

December Mommas

November 17: MamaG (#2 , c-section, EDD 12/1)
    November 26: MissyBear (#1 )
    November 27: MsMini (#2 )
    December 1: MrsF (#2 )
    December 2: josina (#1 )
    December 3: Sandy (#2 c-section), luv2beamom (#1 )
    December 4: theotherstark (#1 ), mrsmangomochi (#2 )
    December 5: Magnolia (#1 ), genarator (#2 ), AngelicOne (#1 ), ustechie (#2 )
    December 6: littlek (#2 )
    December 8: cram88 (#2 ), Mrs.Lilac (#1 ), snowjewelz (#1 )
    December 10: Miss Ariel (#1 )
    December 11: Jax (#1 & 2 )
    December 13: cheert16 (#2 )
    December 14: faithfertility (#1 )
    December 16: Adira (#2 )
    December 18: MrsD (#1 )
    December 19: MrsScallop (#2 )
    December 21: whenoceansrise (#1 ), winniebee (#2 )
    December 22: babypie (#2 ), brawly (#2), shimmer (#3)
    December 23: MrsJX3 (#1 )
    December 25: Allison (#2 ), Mrs. Tea (#2 )
    December 27: BabyBunny (#2)
    December 29: mrsbookworm (#2 )
    December 30: oliviaoblivia (#2 , c-section, EDD 1/1)

Team Girl
    MamaG
    genarator
    littlek
    mrsbookworm
    snowjewelz
    Sandy
    cheert16
    Mrs.Lilac
    faithfertility
    MrsD
    oliviaoblivia
    babypie

Team Boy
    MrsF
    Magnolia
    AngelicOne
    cram88
    mrsmangomochi
    MissyBear
    luv2beamom
    josina
    ustechie
    Adira
    Jax (x2)
    theotherstark
    winniebee
    whenoceansrise
    MrsScallop
    Mrs. Tea

Team Green
    MsMini
    Allison
    MrsJX3
    Miss Ariel

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Not my proudest day I am so tired and came home to DH gripping about the AC in the spare BDR over and over......well I lost it......yelling, and in the moment swallowed my gum, then started to cry because I was scared that, swallowing the gum will hurt the baby .........ohhhhh man I am Turing in early!!!!!!

19. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@whenoceansrise: Its sooo exciting I can't wait!!!

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs. Tea: omg I just read your post and cried. Thank you, she is my biggest blessing and I haven't even meet her yet

21. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Yes, I have more discharge as well, not to mention I sweat solo much and I never did before, in this FL newt by the end of the day my underwear are soaked lol sorry TMI

22. Adira

@FaithFertility: Awww, hugs! Pregnancy hormones can make us so crazy sometime! I remember bawling to Hubs last time around about him snow blowing or something silly like that. I hope you're feeling better now.

23. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Awww I am, I was just sol tired and mentally done when I came home, but had a nice dinner, have my feet up and relaxing!!! Thanks

24. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: it's ok I kinda cried a lil when I went for more good but DH thought I was done and was about to pack it up... Lol. Tomorrow is a new day!

25. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: awww yes tomorrow is a new day!!!!! And Friday!!!!!!!!!!

26. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@MrsScallop: I'm late to the game but I just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and baby at this time. So difficult to hear anything like this I'm sure but like everyone has said, they will do everything they can for baby. I think the best thing to do is stay off google. My sister got told her baby had a syndrome and she went home and googled it and it totally freaked her out. It is one that can disform the child. She read so many horrible sorties and worried so much. My niece is now 12 and is doing really well and has a mild case of the syndrome. Googling can be our worst idea at times like this (although I appreciate how difficult it is to not be as informed as possible). Good luck with your tests though xx

I'm suffering today. Baby kicked me so hard today I doubled over in pain and I think she pulled a muscle. It was so sore! I have horrendous back pain and heartburn. I'm generally feeling very sorry for myself I am just reminding myself to stay positive and remember i would go through this but ten times worse in order to meet my baby. I need to get some heartburn medicine though. This is killer.

27. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@FaithFertility: Aw, sorry you had a bad day My hormones have been so crazy this whole pregnancy, I cry over the smallest things (such as I didn't know I was pregnant - that show gets me every time!).

@Mrs.Lilac: Thank you for sharing your story! I'm sorry you feel so bad today I hope you are able to take it easy tonight and that you feel better tomorrow.

28. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@FaithFertility: I had a total meltdown today.... at work! So embarrassing. Basically a meeting was going on way too long/pointlessly, the a/c was way too high and I was so hungry. I just excused myself and cried in the bathroom I felt so pathetic!

29. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: hope you feel better! These kick s are getting big!

@MrsScallop: definitely keeping you and your baby in my thoughts. Hope you can find some support here

30. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@magnolia: aww I'm sorry seems the hormones were in full swing yesterday, it was the first time I truly felt like I was not in control of my emotions......on to tomorrow!

31. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsScallop: My mom said hormones never are the same........I cry when I watched Wife swap a few weeks ago!

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Seems like you have an Olympic swimmer in there! I am sorry about the heart burn, feel better!!!!!!

33. snowjewelz

@Mrs.Lilac: wow that's crazy! Some of her moves have made me umcomfortable but not painful! I hope your LO will be a little more gentle

I just chugged my glucose drink... Going in to see Kara soon. It wasn't too bad! I had the lemon lime flavor and it was cold.

34. Adira

@snowjewelz: Good luck with your glucose test today!

35. snowjewelz

@Adira: Thanks! I just hope I pass!

36. Adira

@snowjewelz: Fingers crossed! When will you get the results, do you know?

37. snowjewelz

@Adira: Sigh, so I have GD, without a doubt, don't even need the 3 hour test # was supposed to be under 135, mine was 200

I honestly don't know where that came from... I do eat carbs, I'm sure more than usual, but the doctor/nurses were all shocked at this extremely high # I have. I do have some blood sugar issues, so I wasn't extremely surprised that I failed but the fact that my # is so high made me so upset, like I did something bad or failed a test miserably (which I did...)

So now I have to go to diabetic counseling, learn how to prick my finger & monitor my blood sugar, and eliminate all carb/sugar from my diet. They'll re-check me and see if I need to go on medication.

I didn't think I'd get so emotional about this but I bawled in the car on the way back to work. I know it happens, it's not that uncommon, and that it goes away... I guess I'm just emotional to begin with! Plus, the doctor said I gained too much weight I've gained almost 30 lbs and she said it's too much for my size so double The thing is, I didn't even think I've been eating THAT much! I guess I have...

Anyway, rant over! I will get over it & trust that God will watch over me & Kara!

38. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: Good luck! Glad to hear it's not totally awful!

39. Adira

@snowjewelz: Oh no!!!! I'm so sorry!!!! What a bummer! Did you fast at all beforehand? I'm curious if fasting/not fasting will affect the results (they told me I didn't need to fast, but I'm kind of scared not to).

I would definitely cry in the car too (or at whoever gives me the results), so don't feel bad. I think hearing you have GD is pretty emotional and stressful, so it's normal to feel like that.

I'm in a similar boat to you - I've gained too much weight too, although the doctor hasn't said anything yet. I've gained ~25 lbs and I was already overweight to begin with. I suspect with the GD though, you probably won't be gaining that much weight for the rest of your pregnancy, although I don't really have any experience with it. I hope it ends up not being that bad to monitor and avoid the foods you're supposed to.

40. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: Oh no! Sorry to hear that! God WILL watch over you and Kara, but it's totally okay to feel emotional over this. We you!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee