Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Adira: oh geez!! Hopefully baby #2 gets to use it! Did you guys pick a name yet?

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@cheert16: Um... no, haha. I THINK we're probably going with Logan, but it's still not definitely. Though the other day, Hubs said something like "I probably won't do blah blah blah until after Logan is here" and I was all "Who's Logan?" hahahaha

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Adira: Hahaha that is too funny! I think it's helpful to say the name to see if it really fits! I like it

4. Adira

@snowjewelz: I'm PRETTY sure we're probably going with Logan, just because I don't think either of us are even trying to come up with any other potential names, haha. The whole thing is just so much harder because we had liked Xander's name before he was even conceived, so picking his name was so easy!!

On another note, I went out and bought paint and supplies to start painting Xander's new room! We start on Friday!!

5. snowjewelz

@Adira: So exciting!

I went to Ikea yesterday but ALL their white cribs are sold out... I have to keep stalking to see when they have stock so I can snatch the one I want. We ended up only getting a Kallax shelve... The dresser has 3 big components so DH wants to wait to borrow his dad's van and get his dad/brother to help.

6. Adira

@snowjewelz: Hopefully the crib you want comes back into stock soon!!! And I hear you about waiting to buy stuff. We don't have a truck or anything, so I've been having to order furniture on-line and have it shipped to our house because I have no other way to get big stuff home!

7. snowjewelz

@Adira: At the same time, I just wanna get everything I can done early! I almost feel like the last couple months will end up flying by... I still remember when we were all so anxious to be done w/ 1st trimester, and now we're on our way to 3rd already

8. Adira

@snowjewelz: haha, I hear you!!! I didn't finish getting Xander's nursery set up until the day before I went into labor! I remember thinking "Okay, I'm DONE! You can come at anytime you want now, baby!" And bam, next day (39 weeks) I was in labor!

9. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

We also registered this weekend! It was so much fun!

10. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: I wasn't on much this weekend, but just wanted to say I'm sorry you were so caught off guard by the high GD number! Lame. But it sounds from some experienced moms who had/have GD that things are pretty manageable, and I think a few people have mentioned that the GD diet will be so healthy!

11. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: I'm hoping the next time my # gets checked, it won't be as crazy since I'm already trying to cut out most carbs/sugars! It's been a painful weekend already haha; I think I just want what I can't have all the more!

12. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Hi ladies - I've been horrible with this thread! It moves so fast that if I miss a day I get totally overwhelmed Just caught up a bit and I'll try to do better!

@MrsScallop: I'm so sorry to hear that your babe might be dealing with some heart issues . It's great that you're able to get so much information ahead of time and be ready for whatever baby needs. I'll be thinking about you

13. snowjewelz

@MrsF: It's okay; I feel the same way if I was busy on the weekends! But I love that our thread is so active

14. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: awww so fun, we had a good time!!!! SO much stuff, but we went in with a plan...we did BIG things and needs first, then went back and scanned wants!

It was so sweet to see his opinion on things

15. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: I like Logan ...lol hahahah like my opinion matters

16. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@MrsF: Thanks for the good thoughts, I really appreciate it!

@Adira: This is totally going to be me this time around. These next few months are going to be insane and just thinking about trying to get his room ready plus all the other things he may or may not need is stressful. Also, I really love the name Logan I agree that calling him by name may help with the decision making. We have been using Charlie for a while now and I am growing attached to it.

17. Adira

@FaithFertility: Your opinion totally matters.

@MrsScallop: Yeah, I've started to use the name Logan and see if that helps us decide 100% or not, haha. And yes, the next few months are going to be insane! I just realized that not only do we have to get all the baby stuff ready and our older LOs prepared, but we also have Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas coming up! Gahhh!!

18. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: I'm driving myself crazy tho trying to "perfect" the registry and keep over-thinking about each item lol!

19. snowjewelz

Anyone has a shower date yet?

Mine will be a Sat in Oct... Prob towards the 1st half of the month. It's early but I really want plenty of time to sort through everything. Also, there are tons of birthdays in Nov including my own so I want to space everything out!

20. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Adira: The holiday season! This is why C's costume is being delivered today and my husband is already asking about the Christmas tree. I normally put the tree up Thanksgiving weekend, but that's not going to work out well since I will have a 2 week old at that point. So immediately following Halloween, the tree goes up this year. I guess we are going to gloss over Thanksgiving.

21. Adira

@MamaG: haha, priorities man! You gotta pick which holidays you can bother with this year with a newborn on the way!

22. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

From a three year old's perspective it feels like Halloween and Christmas are more memorable so skipping Thanksgiving it is. Or at least keeping it really low key.

23. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

y'all- I just got hit on by a young guy in the waiting room at my office. hahaha! I'm guessing my baby bump still isn't very obvious yet.

24. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: LOL! Guys also aren't very intuitive on these things... I guess at least you know he was just looking at your face?!

25. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: hahaha! annnnnnd i felt icky today because i didn't put on any makeup. maybe i am already getting that pregnancy glow?

26. Adira

@whenoceansrise: hahahaha, too funny!

27. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: I'm having a shower on the West coast, so it's scheduled for the second weekend in September It's early, but I didn't want to have to fly out to the West coast much later than that, and I already have a nice-sized bump, so I think it will be fine.

@MamaG: Haha oh man! Yeah, I haven't even thought about the holidays yet I think I'll probably end up just buying a mini tree after the baby is born! We don't have room for a full tree in our one-bedroom anyway, so we've always done mini trees. Easy enough to manage, I think. Or at least make my husband manage

@whenoceansrise: Ha!! Awesome.

28. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: I don't think its early at all, I say 8weeks out is a perfect time!

My sister said the 18th of October for mine

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@whenoceansrise: hahah ohh man!

30. Adira

Has anyone seen/spoken to @littlek: ? I feel like she hasn't been around for a few days. I hope everything is okay with her and her family.

31. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Adira: I emailed with her privately and she deactivated her account because of the recent hellobee drama....but all is well with her and her family

32. Adira

@winniebee: Ohhh, I hadn't realized she deactivated her account since she didn't post it in the help page and her profile has no indication of it. Bummer! But I'm glad to hear she's doing well. Thanks so much for letting me know!

33. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Adira: I'm not sure if she already has or maybe she just decided to take a break? Either way I know she's not around the site these days.

34. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Adira: I was wondering, since I hadn't seen her around the boards in the last few days.

Thanks for the update, @winniebee: ! Glad she's doing well. Please let her know she is missed around here!

35. snowjewelz

Aww hope to see her around later on!

36. Adira

@winniebee: Yeah, I walled her, but just never heard back. If she deactivated her account though, that would make sense, because she wouldn't receive the e-mail notifications anymore. Either way, she'll be missed.

37. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: I was just talking to my mom about possibly having a little shower (sprinkle?) for baby #2. I hadn't expected anything, but apparently my aunts have been asking M's 2nd birthday is coming up too so we might try to combine the family parties. 8 weeks out sounds like a good time for a shower. We did 35 weeks last time and baby came at 36 - so we cut it a little close!

38. snowjewelz

@MrsF: That's great! I think sprinkles are really cute!

39. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: Gad to hear she is well

40. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsF: I went to a Baby Sprinkle .....it is a great thing!!!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee