Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@allison: @genarator: @ctegge0416: Congratulations and welcome, ladies!!

@ctegge0416: I'm from Seattle originally! Miss it.

@Mrs.Lilac: That is so frustrating about your husband's friend! I can't believe he went around and told people. Has your husband had a talk with him? (ie don't freaking tell people?! Haha). Good luck with your flight - hope it goes more smoothly this time!

2. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MamaG: Haha, awww. I imagine it's tough thinking about another baby. She'll get used to the idea

3. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

So many updates!! December is on a roll! Woohoo! Please let me know if I missed anyone!

December Mommas

December 1: MamaG (#2), MrsF (#2)
    December 3: Sandy (#2), luv2beamom (#1)
    December 4: theotherstark (#1), MissyBear (#1), mrsmangomochi (#2)
    December 5: Magnolia (#1), genarator (#2)
    December 6: AngelicOne (#1)
    December 7: snowjewelz (#1)
    December 8: cram88 (#2), littlek (#2)
    December 9: Mrs.Lilac (#1)
    December 11: MsMini (#2), ustechie (#2)
    December 13: ctegge0416 (#1)
    December 16: Adira (#2)
    December 18: MrsD (#1)
    December 19: MrsScallop (#2)
    December 20: PawPrints (#1)
    December 22: winniebee (#2), babypie (#2), busylizzy111 (#1)
    December 23: MrsJX3 (#1)
    December 25: whenoceansrise (#1), Allison (#2)

Appointments

April 17: MissyBear (orientation)
    April 21: AngelicOne, Mrsmangomochi
    April 23: MrsF, genarator
    April 24: theotherstark (u/s), winniebee
    April 25: MissyBear (u/s)
    April 28: littlek
    April 29: Sandy, babypie
    May 1: ctegge0416
    May 6: theotherstark, mamag
    May 7: MissyBear
    May 9: Adira, MrsD
    May 12: MrsScallop
    May 15: Adira, MrsJX3, busylizzy111
    May 27: MrsScallop

4. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

And a little calendar update! Again, please let me know if I've mucked something up or missed you, or if you're planning on being Team Green !

5. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@allison: Congrats! We are due date twins!

6. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Yes! I tested at 10DPO and it was negative so I thought I was out but decided to test at 12DPO just because I like to POAS annnnnnnd it was a great surprise! BFP!

7. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@whenoceansrise: I still can't believe you're here... So happy

8. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MamaG: awwwwww. Well it's the age. I have toldy son he is going to be a big brother and he said he wanted a sister. I'm not going to talk to him about it anymore for awhile Bc I'm afraid he will blab too early.

9. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: I know! (in my monica voice)- I watch way too much friends.

10. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@ctegge0416: Congrats & welcome. Lots of new mama's on this thread

@Mrs.Lilac: Hope you find more bands before your flight. Mine arrive today from Amazon. I will need them for my trip next month. Have a safe flight back to London.

11. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@theotherstark: team green here!

@whenoceansrise: yay Christmas babies! I did ovulate early so they will probably change my date. But I'm going with the 25th for now because it's fun. Ha!

12. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@ctegge0416: Congrats!!

13. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@whenoceansrise: I actually had a BFN at *13 DPO* followed by my BFP at 16 DPO. I feel like that has to be some kind of a record. Who gets a false negative at 13 DPO?? Damn Wondfos.

@theotherstark: This calendar is so cute! Thanks for putting it together.

Congrats to all the new December moms to be!

My morning cup of coffee seems to be vanishing in no time flat for the last couple of days. There was a time when I would sip a cup for a whole hour or more, but somehow the fact that I can only have one cup is making it disappear in a flash.

I finally called the midwife center today for an appointment. I will go in for an "orientation" on Thursday 4/24 and then while I'm there I'll make my first actual appointment, which won't be until 10-13 weeks! That seems very late to me. I'm a little agitated to have to wait that long. I was already thinking it would be a long wait until 8 weeks. I guess we would end up doing the genetic testing at our very first appointment, if it's that late.

14. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Good luck on your trip back! Hopefully it goes better than last time.

@PawPrints: I know that around me, most providers don't have you come in until 10+ weeks either. With my first, the first place I called wouldn't schedule any kind of appointment until 12 weeks. I was really annoyed the first time around, but even going to the very first orientation appointment was comforting for me.

15. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@PawPrints: I would maybe ask about that because I think there's a window when you have to get in for the first trimester screening and if they AREN'T planning on doing it at your appointment, you might miss that window completely!

16. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

y'all- I think right now my only symptom is that my face keeps breaking out like crazy. This is very unusual for me! Help!!

17. Adira

@whenoceansrise: Oh! TOTALLY normal! I remember that last time around and it's happening again this time! It's all those crazy hormone changes.

18. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@Adira: Well, they told me that one of the things they'll talk about at orientation is genetic testing, so I would assume that means they'll plan to do it at the 10-13 week appointment (for those people who choose to do it).

19. missybear

grape / 88 posts

@whenoceansrise: Oh man, my skin was FREAKING out when I first found out too! I usually get like two zits around AF, and have maybe 1 on my face at any given time (blessed with pretty nice skin) but I got this patch on my forehead, and one on my cheek, and a couple around my mouth, and I felt so gross. And THEN my face broke out in hives! It was glorious. I switched out my facewash for some really gentle stuff, and two weeks later, my skin is almost completely cleared up!! If you want the regimen, I'll send it

Eeep I'm 7 weeks tomorrow!! Can't believe it! And I totally ahve a little bump now, so exciting! I mean, I'm the only one who can see it (since I'm dressing to hide it) but I didn't expect to have a bump this early, especially since I've been so sick! And then today I woke up with what feels like vertigo, and I can hardly handle it.

But tomorrow is not only my birthday, but also my first OB appointment! Just orientation, but still! maybe they will tell me the secret to fixing all morning sickness (haha yeah right), a girl can dream

20. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@whenoceansrise: My face is going crazy as well! I don't remember it being this bad the first time around, but I think I didn't know I shouldn't be using my usual face products until later.

For everyone else, any recommendations for face wash/products that are good for pregnancy? I have been searching for new things to try out and am finding it hard to find anything that isn't super expensive.

21. Adira

@PawPrints: Oh, okay, you're probably all set then!

@missybear: Yay!!!! Enjoy your first appointment tomorrow!!! It's such an exciting time!!

22. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@missybear: How exciting & Happy early Birthday!

@whenoceansrise: My face is freaking out more than usual. I usually get 1 or 2 around AF, but I have lots of little zits everywhere. Not fun.

23. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

For all of you that are really struggling with morning sickness, have you considered an anti-nausea medicine? I know there are some opinions on Zofran, but I took it on an as needed basis the first go round at my doctors recommendation. I'm now taking it again. It makes my life so much easier.

My dr's approach is why be miserable if there are medicines that can help the situation. And why risk missing work when you need the time available post birth.

Just passing it along since so many are still suffering.

24. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@MrsScallop: I hadn't even thought about the fact that my current acne regime might not be okay for pregnancy. I kind of don't want to know - I so depend on that stuff.

25. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

It's 11:30 a.m. So far I have eaten a banana, english muffin, yogurt, nutrigrain bar, 2 full carrots with ranch dressing, 15 bagel bites, one cup of coffee, water and some gatorade. Heeeellllp!

26. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@PawPrints: My first appt at 8 weeks is just with a nurse to do the whole orientation thing, sonogram, etc. I don't meet with an ob/gyn until about 10 weeks

@missybear: Ha, I like to think I have a bump, but I know at this point it is all just bloat, since the little bean is still tucked up in the pelvis. Have a great birthday! I hope the dr. can prescribe you some drugs to help with the m/s.

@MamaG: Thanks for the suggestion! I have definitely been keeping it in mind, although my m/s really isn't bad at this point. I've only actually vomited a few times, and it's always been in the early morning. I am definitely not opposed to meds if it gets worse/unmanageable, though!

27. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@winniebee: Ugh, you made me hungry again, and I just had lunch!

28. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@winniebee: Good for you! I was actually thinking of getting a snack... and now the idea of food makes me feel gross. Ugh!

29. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@theotherstark: I will be THRILLED if they do a sonogram at my orientation. I thought it was just going to be talking. I guess I really don't know.

@MrsScallop: Okay I just did a search on my current acne products and it seems that most people think they're safe. I do a low-concentration benzoyl peroxide gel every evening, and wash with tea tree oil castille soap twice a day, and oil-free moisturizer every morning. Hopefully that will continue to work through my inevitable pregnancy break-outs - I'm sure I'll get them soon, since pretty much everything makes me break out.

30. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@PawPrints: Oh good! Sorry if I caused a freak out! I know recommendations vary a bit, but my favorite products usually have retinol and/or salicylic acid. I've been told those are more on the no-no side, so I try to cut them out.

31. snowjewelz

@missybear: Yay so excited for you!

32. snowjewelz

@winniebee: Last night, I ate 2 slices of pizza, probably half a bowl of pasta AND a garlic knot. Afterwards I felt so sick hahaha

33. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@missybear: Yes please! What do you use?

34. MRSJX3

cherry / 245 posts

@missybear: Can I have the regimen too please? Thank you!!

35. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

Okay, I have a question:

When buying maxi dresses for maternity, do you buy a maternity maxi dress or just a regular maxi dress in a bigger size?

36. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@whenoceansrise: I think it depends on the cut. I have several that are essentially empire waist and more flowy from the bust down. I think I will be able to wear them this summer without a problem. I might need to get one or two for the fall/winter.

I absolutely loved maxi dresses post-partum last go round.

37. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@whenoceansrise: I bought regular maxi dresses in mycurrent size.

38. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@MamaG: @littlek: Thanks! That's what I was thinking, but I wanted to make sure they would still work!

39. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@PawPrints: Yeah, when I called to set up the appt, she just said that it will be an appt with the nurse + a sonogram. It's possible they'll do one at yours too! Wouldn't hurt to ask, anyway.

@whenoceansrise: I have a maxi dress that I'm hoping to just use through the summer; I don't think I would get one specifically for maternity. Since it would probably be basically the same thing? Unless I gain a million pounds from eating so much. Then I'll need to size up

40. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: I don't think we'd be that big during the summer so I think regular is fine! I'm hoping I only have to buy fall and winter maternity clothes!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee