Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. MrsMangoMochi

coffee bean / 44 posts

@AngelicOne: thanks! It was good! Hope your visit goes well, too!

2. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MrsMangoMochi: Yay! Congrats

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@whenoceansrise: Normal! I had backache and also AF-like cramps for over a week after BFP! As long as there is no severe pain or bleeding I wouldn't worry!

@septca @winniebee: Thanks! Yeah, I keep wondering if I really need to read a book when there's a wealth of information on the internet and through apps, and of course HB

@MrsMangoMochi: Yay the blob! Congrats on hearing the heartbeat!

4. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@MrsMangoMochi: Congrats on a great visit today!

5. septca

GOLD / pomegranate / 3688 posts

Symptom spotting question for you: Do you ever get sharp, quick, lightning bolt type of pains low in your abdomen (like in the uterus area)? Mostly on the left? I remember this from my first pregnancy, but I don't remember them being so... *shocking.*

6. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@septca: Yes! They've actually been getting a little better lately (I'm 8 weeks today) but I don't remember having this last time. Yours sounds very similar to what I've been having.

7. snowjewelz

@septca: I wouldn't call them pains, I always call them pinches! I don't have them now (almost 7 wks) but I had them early on before I got a BFP

8. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@MrsMangoMochi: Glad your visit went well today!!

9. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@MrsMangoMochi: that us great you got to see the heartbeat. Really temped to get a private one now...

For all you second time mums, if you knew when you ovulated so had a very clear idea of the due date and how far along you were at the dating scan, how many of you got new due dates? I am just wondering as I knew the day I ovulated which was cycle day 10, so the usual due date calculators are not quite right for me as they presume you ovulate on day 14. Wondering if my due date is likely to change when they get to measure it? Aldo if they go by the first day of period, my due date is 4 days later...

10. snowjewelz

@Mrs.Lilac: I know when I ovulated and my EDD was 12/7 but when from the u./s @ 6 weeks, they put my EDD at 12/10.

11. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@septca: I have those pinching pains too, although they have almost gone at nearly 7 weeks but last week they were going strong.

12. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@snowjewelz: hmmm, interesting. I guess it really depends on when the egg was fertilised or implanted maybe?! I suppose that can happens days after you ovulate.

13. snowjewelz

@Mrs.Lilac: Yeah I'm not sure... But since it's only a 3 day difference I don't really care haha. I could've either ovulated a little later than I thought, or like you said implanted later! But then I had a faint positive at 10 DPO already... Who knows?!

14. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@MrsMangoMochi: beautiful baby blob!

15. septca

GOLD / pomegranate / 3688 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: for my first pregnancy, they put my edd 3 days after when it should have been based on O. I delivered a week earlier than that edd.

16. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@snowjewelz: I don't want to go earlier bc LO's birthday is 11/11...I would prefer to have as much time bw their birthdays as possible

17. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: I haven't gone in for my first appointment yet but for LO I calculated an EDD of 11/11/11 but when I went in for my dating ultrasound they calculated it at 11/09/11. She was born 11/11/11

18. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@sandy: what an awesome birthday 11/11/11. How fun!

19. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: My original EDD moved up a week at my dating scan. I was originally figuring 8/30. EDD was changed to 8/23. She was born by induction/c-section on 8/18.

20. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@MamaG: I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and so ready for the 1st trimester to be over too! I had the all day nausea with LO but like you I don't remember it being this bad last time. I feel like in addition to the nausea I just have more smell aversions, body aches/tension, and just generally feeling awful all over. So if our docs say we have to have a repeat csection at 38/39 weeks do we have to go join the November board or do we stay here in December? I hope we can just stay here

21. littlek

@sandy: I was thinking about switching to November because I seriously doubt I'll make it to December 6, my current due date. This 2nd pregnancy is way rougher than my 1st. :(. I am counting down the days till 2nd trimester!

22. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: last time I ovulated on day 15 or 16 but was measuring on track with my lmp. In general if you are measuring within a few days of your lmp due date your doc will go by lmp. This time I ovulated on day 19 so I don't know if that's close enough to my lmp date (and same for cd 10 for that matter)

23. winniebee

@sandy: @littlek: a lot of the may 2012 hellobee moms ended up being April 2012 moms and we all stuck together after birth anyhow! I will be thrilled to make it to December Bc that would make me at least 37 wks and T was such a peanut at 38.5 wks I want this baby to cook as long as possible!

24. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@littlek: I almost wanted to cry last night thinking that I was only 8 weeks...my nausea lasted to week 20 last time and that just seems so far away. Hope we all get some relief soon!

25. winniebee

@sandy: have you thought about seeing your doc for meds? It sounds like based in how sick you are it warrants it.

26. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@winniebee: got it! That makes sense bc even if our babies are born early our appointments and weeks into pregnancy will be aligned with the December mamas.

@littlek: @winniebee: I hope you ladies get to bake your babies as long as possible!

27. winniebee

@sandy: in other words. Pleeeease stay lol

28. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@winniebee: I haven't reached that point yet. I don't feel like I have the severe nausea where I can't eat or function...if that was the case I'd definitely get some meds. I almost feel like it's more of a mental thing..like the nausea sucks so much but what gets to me more is knowing that it's not going away anytime soon.

29. winniebee

@sandy: gotcha. You never know maybe the nausea will subside earlier this time. Hopefully?

30. ustechie

apricot / 358 posts

Just a quick question for everyone-

Is anyone else concerned with having December babies as far as the flu season/germs and visitors is concerned? I'm already sorta freaking out about everyone and their brother wanting to come over...

31. littlek

@sandy: there is no food I like now besides toast... I never had these strong of food aversions... DH is convinced I'm having a girl based on the old wives tale of morning sickness and baby girls.

32. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@winniebee: I'm gonna stay... and it looks like there will be a few of us on the November/December cusp. I think I'm going to try getting a massage to see if that helps. I find myself digging my fingers into my neck and it relieves a lot of tension and helps with the nausea

33. littlek

@ustechie: I'm a little worried about my toddler bringing back colds from daycare but what can you do? It's life.

34. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@littlek: haha! I don't believe the old wives tale bc my good friends all had boys and they had bad all day nausea too

35. winniebee

@ustechie: it's on my mind but I already have a germy toddler so there's not much I can do. All of my fam gets flu shots and nursing is a great way to build immunity for baby.

36. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@ustechie: LO is a November baby and we managed to stay healthy our first two winters. But I was a total psycho about it and pretty much everyone knew to stay away if they were sick. Fortunately our family and friends were all super careful and did not visit when sick. We had hand sanitizer everywhere. But like @littlek said, it's much harder to deal with when you have another LO that goes to school/daycare. My neighbor pulled her 3 year old out of her morning classes bc she was constantly sick. I couldn't do that to my LO...she needs her activities too and illness is just a part of life.

37. littlek

@sandy: I couldn't pull B out of school, he loves it!

38. winniebee

@littlek: I'm just hoping that all the sickness in Tyler's first year will keep him healthy next year! He hasn't been nearly as sick this winter even though we are around other kids all the time.

39. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

So just got back from my 1st appt. Got lots of good info, saw the heartbeat & baby's 1st pic. They are saying I'm 7 weeks 4 days & due Dec 5

40. littlek

@AngelicOne: yay for good appt!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee