Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@Miss Ariel: Congrats!

2. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Updates! Let me know if I missed something.

December Mommas

December 1: MamaG (#2), MrsF (#2)
    December 3: Sandy (#2), luv2beamom (#1)
    December 4: theotherstark (#1), MissyBear (#1), mrsmangomochi (#2)
    December 5: Magnolia (#1), genarator (#2)
    December 6: AngelicOne (#1)
    December 8: cram88 (#2), littlek (#2)
    December 9: Mrs.Lilac (#1)
    December 10: snowjewelz (#1), Miss Ariel (#1)
    December 11: MsMini (#2), ustechie (#2)
    December 13: ctegge0416 (#1)
    December 16: Adira (#2)
    December 18: MrsD (#1)
    December 19: MrsScallop (#2)
    December 20: PawPrints (#1)
    December 22: winniebee (#2), babypie (#2), busylizzy111 (#1)
    December 23: MrsJX3 (#1)
    December 25: whenoceansrise (#1), Allison (#2)
    (January 1: septca (#2))

Appointments

April 21: AngelicOne, Mrsmangomochi
    April 23: MrsF, genarator
    April 24: theotherstark (u/s), winniebee, PawPrints (orientation)
    April 25: MissyBear (u/s)
    April 28: littlek
    April 29: Sandy, babypie
    May 1: ctegge0416
    May 5: Miss Ariel
    May 6: theotherstark, mamag
    May 7: MissyBear
    May 9: Adira, MrsD
    May 12: MrsScallop
    May 15: Adira, MrsJX3, busylizzy111
    May 24: Magnolia
    May 27: MrsScallop
    June 3: whenoceansrise

3. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@winniebee: @theotherstark: @snowjewelz: @magnolia: @AngelicOne: Thank you!!!

4. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@littlek: @Adira: What jeans are you guys raving about?

5. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@allison: just gap maternity jeans.. They are very reasonably priced.

6. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@snowjewelz: wow that pic is great. Must be so reassuring!!!

@MRSJX3: I'm having cramps too. Some really painful. It has got me a little freaked out but I'm sure all is well. I'm getting really temped to pay for an early scan.

Welcome new mamas. This thread is getting full!!! I'm struggling to keep up!

So I found out that I won't even get an appointment until my 12 weeks scan! It's a new thing they are trialling in London I think. That seems like forever away. My friend went to the doctors and all they did was give her a card to say she is pregnant so she doesn't have to pay for prescriptions or dentistry for a year. They didn't even do a pregnancy test! Very anticlimactic. They don't do 8 week midwife appointment anymore and you now go for 3 hours for your 12 wk ap. Don't think I can wait

7. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: oh no! Finally one reason to be glad not to live in London right now ( I miss it terribly)

8. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@busylizzy111: are you from London originally? Yeah, it totally sucks. Found a scan place on Harley street for £75 so think I might go for it. So annoyed about it though. It's cruel to make pregnant ladies wait 3 months!

9. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: not originally (I'm German) but hubby went to birkbeck for his PhD.
    What brings you there?
    And the scan place sounds like a good compromise!

10. ustechie

apricot / 358 posts

Happy Easter everyone! How is everyone feeling? I went from no symptoms, to nausea and that crappy taste in my mouth. Fun- but I'm also glad to know baby is growing!

So, I cheated and scanned myself a few days ago. I was on call and came in to do a case, so I took a quick peek. I saw the heartbeat- makes me feel so much better!!!

11. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@ustechie: Sweet! It's something amazing to hear a heartbeat inside yourself, beside your own!

I am def eating way too much... I feel nauseous when I don't eat lol. And I am so tired, all the time! Pretty much turning into a pig here.

And I think I'm starting to show...

12. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@ustechie: that's awesome! Are u a doc?

13. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Waiting 12 weeks seems so wrong. Hope you get a scan somewhere else at least.

@ustechie: Tired all the time & the nausea/blah feeling comes & goes. My 1st appt is tomorrow so getting excited.

14. ustechie

apricot / 358 posts

@snowjewelz: same here. Eating all the time seems
    To help keep the nausea at bay!! And I'm
    Showing already too

@winniebee: I'm an ultrasound tech

@AngelicOne: yeah, also exhausted. All of these symptoms really
    Came out of the blue!

15. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

I was at brunch when one of my friends raised a good point I didn't really think about until now. I had an unplanned csection with LO...I never got past 7cm, she was stuck and we were both having some issues. So if I have a repeat csection they likely won't let me go to 40 weeks. My friend had her csection schedule for a week before her due date. If they schedule me a at 39 weeks that's the day before Thanksgiving

16. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: I'm in the U.S. and I've been told my first appointment (other than orientation, which is just talking) won't be until 10-13 weeks. So I could be in the same situation as you, having to wait through the entire first trimester before seeing a thing, or hearing a heartbeat. It's going to be the longest two months ever.

17. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@sandy: interesting... For some reason I think this LO will show up around thanksgiving as well.

18. snowjewelz

@sandy: Hopefully you can maneuver it so that it's a little earlier, or after!

19. winniebee

@sandy: interesting! I'm guessing I also will be at least a week early.

20. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@sandy: Yes, I had a very similar birth experience and will have a repeat c-section this time. I fully expect that LO will be born somewhere around 38/39 weeks.

Did everyone have a good Easter weekend?

I'm exhausted. I'm really ready to move on to the second tri already! I'm 8 weeks today and still have two more weeks to wait before I see the doctor. I really don't remember things being this rough last time. But then again I wasn't caring for a toddler then either.

21. snowjewelz

@MamaG: I am definitely exhausted too and I don't even have another kid!

Someone at church totally had 6th sense and guessed that I was pregnant... And then someone else overheard him asking us I decided to just let it go... If people know, they know! I'm too tired to care anymore lol. And I'm starting to show and I'm scrambling to only wear things that hide the bump!

22. MRSJX3

cherry / 245 posts

@snowjewelz: My cousin totally called me out and asked me too!! It's so stressful to tell the truth but I don't want to lie.

23. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: I think we're due date twins and your last paragraph is exactly how I'm feeling. I'm so ready to be done with the first tri! My toddler deserves a better / more energetic mom than this I keep trying to remind myself that I'm giving her a sibling and that if she has to watch a little Sesame Street in the meantime, it's not the end of the world. I hope you're feeling better soon!

24. snowjewelz

@MRSJX3: Yeah... And I don't think I'm doing a good job pretending b/c I'm sooo tired! I really want to (but I won't) tell my boss earlier b/c I'm seriously lacking energy at work and I don't want anyone to think that I'm being lazy!

25. MRSJX3

cherry / 245 posts

@snowjewelz: Hahaha, I want to tell my boss for the same reason as well! I'm basically sitting here like a zombie.

26. winniebee

I'm so surprised that people actually accuse someone if being pregnant!? The only person that I can ever imagine doing this to is my sister!

27. snowjewelz

@winniebee: I wouldn't say accuse haha. People have been asking me since I got married! Ugh. I never ever ask b/c I wouldn't want to put anyone on the spot! It's mostly older people that ask, or really really close friends.

28. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: I have to wait until 12 weeks too! I know, it feels like FOREVER AWAY. But I'm excited that my baby will look more like a baby at the 12 week scan!

29. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

My 1st appt is in 5 hrs....eeeeeeeek! I know I meet the nurse & discuss history & such. Then I have another appt May 21 to meet the Dr.

@Mrsmangomochi: Hope your appt goes well today.

30. snowjewelz

@AngelicOne: Exciting!

I have 2 random questions...

(1) Did any 1st time moms buy anything yet? I'm tempted to order some bio-oil, and What to Expect...

(2) Are you guys planning to get the 3D u/s? I saw a bunch at the OB's office, they honestly look kinda creepy! DH said he doesn't want it lol, I said only if we don't have to pay for it (but it's most definitely an add-on right?)

31. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@snowjewelz: 1)Well we do already have a stroller & infant carseat from the Britax deal last year (knew we were trying soon & wanted to save $$$). I do have a few books I've bought at Goodwill to read, but don't think I've finished any yet. lol
    2) I have no clue yet lol

32. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@snowjewelz: We haven't bought anything yet but I have been pinning gear (to a secret board) like crazy. I'm mostly researching for the future registry and hoping people will buy us the big stuff. The HB gear guides are a treasure trove for first-time parents who want to spend a lot of time researching stuff.

33. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

The last few days I've been having some low back pain that feels pretty identical to the kind of pain that AF brings. It's making me nervous! Has anyone else experienced this?

34. snowjewelz

@PawPrints: I know! I found most of my items through those lists and threads on HB. I have a huge Amazon private wish list right now

35. septca

GOLD / pomegranate / 3688 posts

@whenoceansrise: That's totally normal.

@snowjewelz: I would skip What to Expect, honestly. I found it really stress-inducing and not all that helpful. There is a great book by Peggy Simpkin (I think - the same person who wrote the Birth Partner) that is much more medically-based and not as fear-mongering.

36. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@whenoceansrise: yep! I had lower back pain (which is my typical PMS symptom) for the first few weeks post-BFP. For me it was a pregnancy symptom too, apparently. Hope yours goes away soon!!

37. winniebee

@snowjewelz: the fearless pregnancy is pretty good and for a laugh read girlfriends guide to pregnancy. But most info you could get through what to expects app on your phone.

38. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@septca: @ChiCalGoBee: Thanks for the reassurance ladies!

39. MrsMangoMochi

coffee bean / 44 posts

@snowjewelz: Beautiful! Congrats!

40. MrsMangoMochi

coffee bean / 44 posts

Had my 1st appt at 7.5 weeks this morning. Saw the baby's heartbeat! SO HAPPY! Doc said that based on the size of the baby, she would put me at 8 weeks exactly, moving my due date to Dec 1. Not the best ultrasound pic (the video of the u/s turned out better, but I can't post it). Got a kit for MaterniT21 to do labwork at 10 weeks since I'm 35. Hoping I get over the "all day" sickness... It doesn't just come in the morning. Hope everyone is doing great!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee