pomegranate / 3045 posts

Updates!

December Mommas

November 26: MissyBear (#1 )
    November 27: MsMini (#2 )
    November 28: snowjewelz (#1 )
    December 1: MamaG (#2 ), MrsF (#2 )
    December 2: josina (#1 )
    December 3: Sandy (#2 ), luv2beamom (#1 )
    December 4: theotherstark (#1), mrsmangomochi (#2 ), aegie (#2 )
    December 5: Magnolia (#1 ), genarator (#2 ), AngelicOne (#1 ), ustechie (#2 )
    December 6: littlek (#2 )
    December 8: cram88 (#2 ), Mrs.Lilac (#1)
    December 10: Miss Ariel (#1)
    December 13: cheert16
    December 14: faithfertility (#1)
    December 16: Adira (#2)
    December 18: MrsD (#1)
    December 19: MrsScallop (#2)
    December 21: whenoceansrise (#1), winniebee (#2)
    December 22: babypie (#2), brawly (#2), shimmer (#3)
    December 23: MrsJX3 (#1 )
    December 25: Allison (#2 ), Mrs. Tea (#2)
    December 29: mrsbookworm (#2 )
    January 1: oliviaoblivia (#2)

Appointments

July 16: snowjewelz (anatomy)
    July 17: cram88, Allison
    July 18: Adira (anatomy), aegie (anatomy)
    July 21: theotherstark (anatomy), littlek (anatomy)
    July 23: winniebee (anatomy), Magnolia (anatomy)
    July 25: Mrs.Lilac (us)
    July 28: faithfertility (anatomy)
    July 30: littlek
    July 31: MrsD (anatomy), winniebee
    August 1: Allison (anatomy), snowjewelz
    August 4: AngelicOne, MamaG (OB)
    August 6: MamaG (MFM)
    August 7: whenoceansrise (gender)
    August 12: sandy (anatomy #2), josina
    August 15: winniebee, Adira

Team Girl
    MamaG
    genarator
    littlek
    mrsbookworm
    snowjewelz
    Sandy
    aegie

Team Boy
    MrsF
    Magnolia
    AngelicOne
    cram88
    mrsmangomochi
    MissyBear
    luv2beamom
    josina
    ustechie

Team Green
    MsMini
    Allison
    MrsJX3

3. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Just got back from a routine OB appointment. DH came with me since we were hoping for a little more explanation on the findings (dilated kidneys) from the anatomy scan a few weeks ago. My doc agreed that this will most likely resolve before birth and that even if it doesn't it will be monitored and could be fixed with a surgical procedure. Obviously we don't want that, but it's nice to hear that it's unlikely to be a huge scary problem. My OB actually told us that she had the same finding on ultrasound with her daughter, who ended up needing surgery, but is fine today. It was nice to hear that she had personal experience with this and that things turned out well for her family.

4. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@MrsF: I hope that it ends up being resolved before birth! I can imagine having to have your baby go through surgery is such a scary experience, so I hope you don't have to do that! But it's encouraging to hear that even if he does have to have surgery, it's not super scary and that he'll be fine in the end!

5. aegie

clementine / 806 posts

@MrsF: I hope everything is fine in the end. I had a whole month of testing and more testing because things kept coming up in my blood work or scans, but ultimately everything was determined to be negative or the issues resolved themselves. I think if your doctor is giving you her perspective that things will resolve before birth than that will probably be the case. I strongly believe if she felt otherwise, she would have said so.

6. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@aegie: Congrats on the girl!
    @MrsF: Good to hear that it's not going to be a huge issue! How scary!!

Has anyone started decorating the nursery yet? We are in the midst of a remodel/addition to our house and sounds like we will be painting the nursery within the next 2 weeks and now I'm scrambling for ideas! I want to stick with gender-neutral so it works for baby #2, thinking pale green or pale blue/grey. But I'm so torn on the crib color! I can't decide between cherry or white... I have a vintage wood desk w/ cherry finish that I want to use as a changing table, but don't really want to paint? But I also have a white dresser (that I could use as is, or easily paint a fun bright color). Ugh. Decisions - I'm so bad a them!

7. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

I'm all about the nursery at the moment.

We were going to go for an aqua and grey theme which is quite gender neutral, something like this...

http://projectnursery.com/projects/aqua-and-gray-chevron-nursery/

If it's a girl, we may go lilac and grey, similar to this....

http://www.kidsomania.com/gentle-lilac-nursery-for-a-baby-girl/

Or combine the two like this...

http://lullabypaints.com/blog/design/lilac-and-mint-nursery-design-inspiration/

If you are interested, this is my nursery Pinterest board.. I going through a chevron phase...

http://www.pinterest.com/zacg777/nursery-beauty/

8. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@josina: Its been on my mind, but my first goal is to get my older girl moved into her new room and that's not going so fast. We are re-using LO #1's furniture and it's all natural/maple finish. I want to repaint to a neutral grey or beige. It's currently pink/blue. I've been hunting etsy for some new wall hangings as well. I'm likely to order a few printables and frame them myself. I didn't spend a lot on the nursery the first go round as I view it as very temporary and it's for me, not the baby.

9. Adira

@Mrs.Lilac: I absolutely LOVE the grey with splashes of color nurseries! Soooo beautiful!

10. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@Adira: yeah, I love grey. I don't want anything to babyish as I want it to last. I'm really swaying towards the aqua as I hope to,have another soon after (hopefully) which may be a different sex so it would make sense. Think I will paint walls grey as it makes sense. Not many people are a fan of grey though!

11. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: I love all the ones you posted!! Lilac and grey are my colors if we are having a girl!!

TOMORROW IS THE DAY WE FIND OUT!!! I am excited and feel like I might connect more with this pregnancy once I find out what we are having.

12. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MrsF: All good news!! Very happy to hear!

@josina: We actually went into the empty room last weekend and measured out where we'd want to put the furniture! We're gonna go with white furniture, I gotta get a rug, and maybe just easy cloud decals or something. I put a rocker, bedding and misc stuff on registry!

Even tho we're having a girl, the room is gonna be pretty gender neutral. It's hard for me to even pick out pink stuff b/c I love gray/yellow so much!

13. Adira

@Mrs.Lilac: We did grey and turquoise for Xander. I figure we'll be able to keep it the same for a girl.

14. Adira

@cheert16: So exciting!!! I can't wait to find out what you're having!!

@snowjewelz: I think gender neutral is great! I bet it will be beautiful!

15. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Adira: Love your nursery! That's exactly what I'm thinking; I need all my stuff to last through #2 in case it'll be a different gender. I loooove your bedding too!

16. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

We are doing lots of pink. Trying to decide if we will wallpaper or paint her bathroom. With B's bathroom we went with a pirate theme. For D's bathroom we are thinking mermaid or butterflies. Can't decide.

17. Adira

@snowjewelz: Thank you! The bedding is from Pottery Barn Kids. I fell in love with the grey elephants and from that point on, I knew I wanted a grey nursery with splashes of color! Xander will be keeping his grey elephants, so now I need to find another grey animal bedding, haha.

@littlek: Mermaids would really go with the pirate theme! But I love the idea of the butterflies too!

18. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: I have some of the same photos pinned.
    Here is what I have so far: http://www.pinterest.com/kristyfischer/nursery/

I love the grey and chevron also, and was also thinking of doing the walls grey, but our house is pretty neutral already so thought I should add 'some' color in the bedrooms, which is why I'm thinking grey-blue?
    I guess the best place to start would be to find a bedding/crib set I like! Target had a really cute Circa chevron grey/white with blue/aqua blanket, but it was in-store only. Shoulda just bought it!

19. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsF: I pray all is worked out by the time your baby is ready to enter the world

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Ohhh I love the look!!!!

I love the grey and blue, or lilac.....so calming and peaceful!!!!

I am looking at grey, white and yellow for a girl

21. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Beautiful, did you guys do the stripes?

I saw a nautical theme nursery for a boy that had stripes on the crib wall....not sure my DH can pull it off.....

22. Adira

@FaithFertility: Yes! We used painter's tape to do the white stripes and painted the turquoise between! The worst part was putting up the tape, but it wasn't that bad!

23. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: We shall see it's paint so worse case he paints over it....lol

24. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

Has anyone been thinking about doing maternity pictures? I've had a photographer in mind and contacted him yesterday and found out he charges $330 for a maternity session. That seems way too high to me!

25. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@MrsF: FX it resolves itself! They identified a kidney issue at my anatomy scan too and I go back in a month so they can monitor it. Our issue is a pocket of fluid in her kidney that usually indicates a duplicate ureter issue but it's hard to know for sure when they are so little so we just have to go back so they can keep an eye on it.

26. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@cheert16: so exciting to find out if baby is a boy or girl!

27. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Adira: great paint job! And that's a lot of wall to cover - I'm impressed

28. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@whenoceansrise: what's included in that price? Do you get all the digital images, some prints...how much time does he spend with you during the shoot? Also, you might want to ask him if he offers a deal for a maternity and newborn package...and maybe that would make the cost more reasonable for you.

We just booked our newborn and maternity photographer. We are using the same girl we used for my first pregnancy. The maternity photo session will be more of a family photo shoot bc I want lots if pictures if LO while it's just the 3 of us. I don't take a lot of photos on a day to day basis so I have to have family photos done at least once a year to document our life. So it's worth it to me. My photographer charges $350 for the maternity session where you get a printed proof of every photo and all digital rights to the images so I can order as many prints and I want myself or just print them myself

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@whenoceansrise: Yes, I kinda think if it is an established photographer and you get rights and such it is not too bad......

30. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@sandy: thank you! I hope your LO's issue has resolved when they take another look.

31. littlek

@sandy: we booked ours too! Maternity pics scheduled for October. We are using different photographer. I wasn't thrilled with photographer we used for B.

32. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

I never did maternity photos with T Bc I was on bed rest most of the third tri. I want to do some family pics in October though to use as our Christmas card this year

33. Adira

@cheert16: Good luck today!!

@sandy: Thank you!! I had a lot of help - both my parents and my best friend came over to help with all the painting!

@whenoceansrise: We went the cheap route last time and I just had my friend take my maternity pics. I might skip it or do the same thing again. But that price sounds like what I've heard quoted from other people, so I don't think it's totally unreasonable (as long as you get the digitals)!

34. littlek

@Adira: nice paint job!

35. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Adira: thanks!! I am excited- but have to wait most of the day for my appt!!! Had to schedule it so DH could come!! Not looking forward to my glucose test! Especially since it's so late in the day!!

36. Adira

@littlek: Thanks!

@cheert16: Tell him to take the day off!!!! That's what I did with Hubs so I could get in in the morning! Are you doing a 1 hour glucose test or longer? Either way, that sucks. Hope you pass!!

37. littlek

@sandy: that's a good deal! Photographers here are a fortune! To get digitals you are looking at $1k. Our session fee is $250 and that includes nada.

38. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Adira: one hour. Just have to watch what's eat today! Lil B is having a sleep over with my parents tonight so after the appt we get to have a quick date night!

39. Adira

@littlek: OMG, that's crazy expensive!!! But maybe everything is more expensive where you live?? That totally sucks.

@cheert16: Yeah, eat low sugar if you can! Although I'm not sure it matters, haha. Hopefully you pass! And very fun about the date night after!!

40. littlek

@Adira: we looked at 4 photographers, all similar price. But this one has won tons of awards for newborn photography. Very excited to use her!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee