Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@littlek: That's awesome! I hope you love the pictures!!

2. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

Oo I need to get on this photoshoot thing then! I found this photographer that's running a special - maternity & new born for $225! But I'm going to ask a friend first to see if she'll be available to do it first; I prob feel more comfortable with someone I know already and I rather give money to a friend haha!

So I had my anatomy scan yesterday. Didn't take long at all! Surprising Kara cooperated very well and flipped and turned so the tech could get everything. Got many 3D looks and honestly, she looks really scary/alien-y in most of them! At one point I said to the tech, "this just looks like Mars... Where's her face?!"

She is measuring small, but I'm pretty sure it's b/c they still date me too early. I KNOW I O'd late so I'm positive I'm really due in Dec. Anyway, they're gonna see me in 4 weeks to compare the growth so as long as she's growing, it's all good.

Next appts -
    **** 8/1, then 8/13 ****

3. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@sandy: He said it's about 20-25 high resolution images. I know his work and he is VERY talented, but I also know several other talented photographers who could do it for me a lot cheaper.

4. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@littlek: that's amazing you get to work with someone so talented! $350 is the price of adding on the maternity session to a newborn session. To do a standalone session is a $250 session fee and then you purchase what you want. I always always always get all the digital images bc I want to make my own photo books and use the images for announcements or holiday cards. It's pricey but worth it to me to have those all of the images. Our digital package will cost $600...so with the $250 session fee and $350 maternity add on the total is $1200. Which is a good deal for quality photos in the Seattle area... Some you pay close to that and don't get the digital images

5. Adira

@snowjewelz: Glad to hear your scan went well!! And I hope you're able to get your friend to take the photos for you!

6. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@snowjewelz: yay for a good scan!

7. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

Hi ladies! I am soo very far behind here, but I am so excited to see all the genders revealed! I have my anatomy scan next week on Thursday and I am so excited to finally fond out what this little one is. It is already very active and I have been feeling it often the past few days.

@snowjewelz: glad your scan went well! I always feel so proud when they cooperate and can be measured quickly

8. snowjewelz

@MrsScallop: I was scared too b/c one nurse last time was like oh you better eat cuz you can be there for a while! Excited for you to find out gender!!

9. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@snowjewelz: oh, that is definitely true! My first moved around so much the scan took forever! But at the same time, I don't entirely mind a long scan at this point. It is fun watching your little one and generally not too uncomfortable to be on your back that long. We'll see how mine goes next week!

10. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

It's a girl!!

SO EXCITED!!

11. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@cheert16: congratulations!! Little girls are so much fun

12. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@cheert16: yay!!! Congrats!

13. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@cheert16: Congrats!

14. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@cheert16: Yey!! Congrats!!

15. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@cheert16: congrats!!

16. Adira

@cheert16: YAY!!!! Congratulations on your little girl!!!

17. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

So excited!!!! Our family will be totally complete!

Any other Dec moms considering permanent both control solutions after the both of their baby? DH and I discussed it tonight- wanted to know I anyone else is havin the same talks

18. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@cheert16: I am definitely thinking about it...most likely DH will get snipped. DH's coworker who is younger than me said she is thinking of having her uterus removed - ummmm, what?!?! That sounds extreme and scary. I plan to talk to my OB about it too but a big part of me feels like my body is just messed up from the whole pregnancy and birthing process so I don't want to do anything more with my body

19. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@cheert16: Yes, since I'm having a repeat c-section, I will have a tubal ligation at the same time. It's just 5 extra minutes in the operating room for me. I'll be 40 and we are definitely DONE!

20. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@sandy: I am nervous as well. DH is not interested in getting snipped at all- so it's up to me! Not sure if I should make the decision now!
    @MamaG: we aren't planning a c-section- so I guess I don't really know the protocol! I will have to ask at my next appt.

I was planning in getting an iud - but I know we don't want anymore children so should I just do something permanent?

21. littlek

@cheert16: not yet. We may be having a 3rd.

22. littlek

@sandy: uterus removed? Sounds extreme. Does she have risk of cancer? Kinda like the preventive move Angelina Jolie took.

23. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@cheert16: congrats!!! Not yet. We may have a third. I probably wouldn't take permanent measures until like age 40 (6 years from now)

24. Adira

Xander's getting a little brother!!!

25. littlek

@Adira: congrats!!!

26. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Adira: sweet! Just like you thought!

27. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@cheert16: I know many people that have favorable IUD experiences, I wasn't one of them. I had one after my first pregnancy and my dr required me to keep it for six months. I had it removed as soon as I could.

I also know someone who had a procedure done that wasn't a tubal ligation but basically blocks the tubes. I forget what it was called. She had this done after a vaginal birth. So there are certainly options.

28. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@cheert16: Yay baby

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Congratulations

30. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@cheert16: Yay! Congrats!
    @Adira: Aww! A little brother for Xander! Congrats!

My OB office posted my lab results to my account for me to look at- luckily one of the nurses I work with used to be an OB nurse for years so she looked at it too and explained everything to me. Everything looks good!

31. snowjewelz

@cheert16: @Adira: Congrats to both of you for finding out!! Yay!

32. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@Adira: Congrats on another Yay!

33. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@cheert16: congrats honey!

@Adira: congrats again on two baby boys!

34. Adira

Oh! And apparently I DON'T have an anterior placenta! Yay!! And the baby is currently breech, but has plenty of space to move around, so hopefully he flips when he's supposed to!

35. littlek

@Adira: great news!! Are you going to have to buy anything? Wasn't X a winter baby as well?

36. Adira

@littlek: Yeah, Xander was born end of February, so I think a lot of the clothes will overlap. I do want to get the baby a new take-home outfit and some new clothes in general, but he'll get a lot of use out of Xander's stuff!

37. littlek

@Adira: I really want our 3rd to be a boy so I can reuse Bs clothes.

38. Adira

@littlek: You say that now, but you're going to have soooooooo many cute girl clothes that you may end up wanting to reuse those!! I guess either way, you'll get to reuse, which will be cool!

39. littlek

Do you guys think the traditional Burberry print is gender neutral? I have this and I want to reuse with D..

40. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@littlek: I do :).... but if you still think not, maybe a hair clip/bow to help

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee