Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@winniebee: that's nice they let you preboard! I get comments from my aerobics teachers like "it's okay to do low impact, especially if you are growing a baby." Then all the people in the class look at me and smile.

2. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@littlek: I've gotten just a few things only Bc I can't resist :). A few one pieces from Janie and Jack as well as a few things for next summer. My mom got him a handful of sleepers as well. I think I mostly need winter stuff in 0-3. I have fall/winter stuff in 3-6 from T and summer stuff in 3-6 and some 6-12. Also my nephew has summer stuff in 6-12 too. I love to shop but most likely will wait on stuff except 0-3.

3. littlek

@winniebee: were you interested in borrowing the uggs or robeez? I can send you a pic. B had super small feet.

4. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@littlek: My littles will be almost exactly two years apart, so everything from LO1 should work for LO2. I did go through all of his stuff the other day and get rid of a bunch that I didn't like/we never used. It's amazing how clean and nice everything was! I'm so used to toddler clothing, covered in dirt and food, that I forgot that things stay cleaner when they're babies ;). Also, because they grow so much faster, too, I guess. I think he was in 0-3 month for about 6 weeks. Ha.

I'm planning to buy some wool booties and maybe a few other things, but most of our "new baby" funds will go to a new bed for the toddler. I'm scared!

5. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@littlek: Ughhhhhh Yea.....lol me and my sister did some damage today......lol

6. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

We haven't purchased anything "fun". We've started to build up our diaper stash. Now that we moved C to her big girl room, I will have space to go through the boxes of stuff we have and get a better idea of what we will need.

Oh, and I "purchased" our daycare registration/deposit for January. Also not "fun" but necessary.

7. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@littlek: We've done a little shopping. I bought some new A&A blankets for the baby plus a couple new sleepers. And I've bookmarked the dressers and bedding I want to get. Just waiting for 24 weeks before I buy out of total paranoia, haha.

I'm definitely in nesting mode! Hubs doesn't want to paint the guest room because there's "so much other stuff to do in the house" so I've been working on his list so he'll let me paint the room, haha. I've hung up paintings, cleaned out the office, figured out how to get rid of a bunch of old furniture/old TVs, and I started cleaning our bedroom today and making room next to the bed for the bassinet again.

Anyone else nesting?

8. littlek

I'm in total nesting mode. But that's because I'm afraid I'll end up on bed rest.

9. Adira

@littlek: Good call! I think I'm in nesting mode because I have to get a bunch done before I can move Xander into his new room and I want to do that at least a couple months before my due date.

10. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Ladies that had/have an anterior placenta.....how did you not go crazy......lol I feel her maybe 1-2 a day but I can go all day and feel nothing until I lay down and I might fell slight movement always to my side....at my anatomy scan she assured me since it was right in front it would cushion alot of movement...especially if she was right behind it

I love the reassurance of feeling her, but know I need to stop obsessing........but its hard! Sorry if I sound like a broken record...... #mommyproblems

11. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Adira: I believe the dressers you were looking at were Eddie Bauer, and I thought I saw a banner on target.com for something like 20% off eddie bauer items.

I've also gone into nesting mode. C moved into her big girl bed yesterday, now I need to move over all her clothes. I'm ready to start going through all of our stored items.

12. winniebee

No nesting here yet because we just moved out of our old place and are nomads this month vacationing with family until 9/1 when we move into our new place. Will be a crazy nester then though I'm sure

13. winniebee

@FaithFertility: I was a little worried until around 24 week when movement became stronger and easier to feel. I think the reassurance is knowing that you have the anterior placenta and know there's a reason why you don't feel her as much yet

14. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

I'm in major nesting mode. We are moving soon so I'm trying got go through the entire house and get rid of stuff have made countess trips to donate things and feel like I'm starting t get on top of some things.

I have so many hand me down clothes as I have 3 nieces so do t really need clothes. I'm going to a baby show in October where everything is majorly reduced (hopefully) so I'm not getting anything until then. It's killing me though! Oh actually I'm slowly buying lots of cloth diapers when I see then cheap (on o. About 10 Facebook groups!).

15. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

Oh if anyone sees lilac nursery bedding and accessories on the internet travels, can you let me know. England has a major lack but my sister lives in California so can order me stuff. Thanks!

16. Adira

@MamaG: You're right! I actually get e-mails from Target and saw that, but it appears to be just the Eddie Bauer gear and not the furniture. Such a bummer too since 20% off the furniture would be AWESOME! Thanks for thinking of me though!

@FaithFertility: I had an anterior placenta last time and couldn't really feel movement until 22 weeks, and then probably nothing consistent until closer to the third trimester. But trust me, as that baby gets bigger, you WILL be able to feel it!!

17. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: @winniebee: Thanks ladies, I know it is ok, and nothing to even complain about, since all is healthy and well.....

Can December hurry please! I am ready to see this babe and worry about her from the outside.....lol

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Will do!

19. winniebee

@Mrs.Lilac: pottery barn kids has some (my sister on law registered for it)

20. Adira

@FaithFertility: haha, don't rush it! Everything is so much scarier once they are on the outside!!! At least while they are still growing, you know exactly what they are eating and don't have to worry about them getting into too much trouble!!

21. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: I know!!! I truly am enjoying it just me and her
    We had our first Mommy & Daughter date last night, DH got called into work, but "we" went to church then Tutti Frutti...it's like a Froy Yo :)) just us two!

22. Adira

@FaithFertility: Sounds fun! And those dates get even more fun once she starts moving more and you can really feel her. Soon!!

23. winniebee

My SIL is a first time mom and 25 weeks pregnant. I'm at least the same size if not bigger than her. 20 weeks today....halfway there!

24. littlek

How is everyone doing? DS and I are about to head to savannah, ga for the rest of august. I'm excited to have my parents to help with B. DH has been working insane hours.

25. Adira

@winniebee: Yay for halfway! Congrats!!

@littlek: Oooh, that sounds fun! I hope you enjoy it!

I've been starting to feel more movement lately, which is such a relief. I'm also stressing about getting everything done. I want to move Xander into his new room soon, but we're no where close to painting it (and Hubs doesn't even want to paint it, grrr...)

26. littlek

@Adira: why not? DH is finding a tough time finding time to finish painting because he's been working weekends lately. His hours are KILLER!

27. Adira

@littlek: I don't know. He thinks it's a waste of time because the room is already a neutral color and we have "more important things to do" about the house.

28. winniebee

My ass is killing the last 3 days. Just one cheek. My husband says it's sciatic nerve pain from the baby. I had it last time too but it was more low back pain than anything else. I remember it lasted awhile but resolved eventually. Oy.

We are also on vaca for the month and don't move into our new home until 9/2 aka 24 weeks. We are trying to decide what to do about moving T (who is 27 months this month) to a bed etc. It sort of will determine what we do about a nursery. Also it will be at that point that I will be able to look at all our stuff in storage (which has been there for a year) to determine what other baby stuff we need - and to order new baby's dresser. I want to get the same as last time as I really liked it. Everything will get done but I'm a little worried about 3rd tri bed rest so the thought of not being able to start on anything til 24/25 weeks is a little scary!

29. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

we find out the gender on thursday! i can't believe it's getting so close!!

30. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

I had an OB appt today. Heartbeat was at 142/143. Everything seems normal. I'm starting every 2 week appointments, and will continue to see MFM as well. The joys of being high risk The great news was that since starting my diabetic diet, I've lost 6 lbs in the past 4 weeks. That has me at a 3 lb weight gain so far. Given my starting weight, the goal was for me to keep weight gain to 15 lbs. It totally freaked me out with my first pregnancy.

We successfully moved C to her big girl bed/room this weekend. So far no issues and she's pretty excited about having the new room. Hopefully all her wall hangings come in this week and I can consider it DONE!

I have 15 weeks left (23 weeks today). I have a lot of organizing to get done.

31. littlek

@winniebee: ouch. That stinks! We are moving B to a toddler bed at the beginning of September. DH wants B in big bed before D gets here. I'm holding off on potty training though.

32. littlek

@MamaG: yay that's awesome news! I've gained about 4 pds so far this pregnancy. I had some weight to lose though.

@whenoceansrise: exciting!!

33. littlek

@Adira: what color is it?

34. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@MamaG: I am in the same boat for weight gain! I haven't gotten on the scale in about a week but last I weighed in at the OB I hadn't gained anything yet... it is stressful right??

35. Adira

@littlek: Technically I think it's Behr's Club Soda (at least, when I brought the samples home and compared them to the wall, that's what it looked like). Essentially, it's the palest blue on the planet. It's ALMOST white/off-white but has a tint of blue to it. I hate it.

ETA: You can kind of see the color in this picture. All the trim on the windows and doors are off-white.

36. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@winniebee: I had sciatic nerve pain with my first pregnancy. Mine alternated between my lower back and buttcheek. I feel you. It sucked. Mine didn't resolve until post delivery and it was immediate relief. I'm so thankful I haven't had a repat of that symptom (yet).

37. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@cheert16: Not that I wish gestational diabetes on anyone. I swore after my first pregnancy that it was a total blessing in disguise. It really forced me to manage my weight and I was below pre-pregnancy weight within 4 weeks post delivery. The smart thing would have been to stick to the eating habits post-partum. Yah, I didn't!

38. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Adira: I don't think the color is bad, but I can understand wanting to repaint. What color do you want the room to be? We went grey for C's room since I wanted a neutral and the nursery will also be grey.

39. winniebee

@littlek: yeah my husband wants to a with him too. I think we will put him in his crib for a month after getting to the new house and then maybe switch in October.

40. Adira

@MamaG: Our nursery is a blue grey (see attached) and I might like to use that color again. Either that or a more BLUE grey. Just something that has a bit more COLOR and is darker, but not like super dark.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee