Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@winniebee: @littlek: I know your boys are younger than C, but I'm so glad we transitioned. I didn't want to buy another crib, even though we ended up buying a whole new set of furniture for C (so we didn't save $). She has completely accepted (for now) that her old room is going to be for baby K and that her new room is for her. It was part of her big girl responsbilities to move. I let her help me with a craft for baby K's room this weekend too. I figure any way I can let her help with getting ready for the baby is going to be effort well spent (I hope!).

We had transitioned C from crib to toddler bed at 27 months and it was completely seemless. She never fell out and her sleep wasn't impacted. She's now in a full bed with no rail and so far is doing great. Although naps seem to be a bit shorter. She will be 3 in two weeks.

2. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MamaG: wow u must be feeling great on that diet! I need to go on a no ice cream diet - have gained 7 lbs by 20w and it's a little less than last time so why does it feel like so much?!?

3. winniebee

@MamaG: thanks for the reassurance!! I'm thinking if we transition in oct, he will be 27/28 months which is definitely not too young. We are going to out him in his new room right from the get go but I think just use the crib since he will have gone through a lot of changes and I think the crib will be comforting until we get settled. And then we can just get him a twin or full bed and get a rail on amazon until he is steady in the bed.

4. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@MamaG: thanks for the reassurance. B will be about 26 months when we transition him. He's been doing great about bed and nap time so I'm hoping it will be a smooth transition.

5. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@winniebee: I wish I could say I was feeling great. Unfortunately, last week was my 40th birthday and birthday = some sort of cake in my world. My DH got me angel food cake, but it's just not the same as a good chocolate cupcake! And doesn't summer = ice cream? I thought so! No more ice cream either.

So maybe that's all emotional My foot/leg swelling has decreased to only when I have too much sodium or not enough water (maybe 1 night/week) rather than pretty much every day. I'll be glad if my post partum experience is similar this time around.

Is anyone having a repeat c-section or am I the only one?

6. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@MamaG: I'm likely having a repeat csection. I think we are going to see how this pregnancy goes and how big this baby gets. I had a great csection experience the first time so it's kind of my preference right now...a vaginal delivery scares me bc I have no idea what to expect

@winniebee: @littlek: you ladies are so tiny! I've gained 20 lbs at 22 weeks.

7. Jax

pea / 6 posts

You ladies are tiny! I had gained about 15 pounds at my appt last week (20 weeks). They wanted me to gain 25 pounds by 20 weeks, though, so I'm still behind for that. The joys of having twins! I think the babies are just taking up so much room already that it's hard to find room for food. I wish I had the appetite of a hobbit. I'm supposed to be eating 3500 calories per day and 175 grams of protein... so far, I'm totally failing.

I'm totally in full nesting mode. DH and I spent yesterday putting together a dresser for the twins and rearranging the nursery. It's definitely not done yet, but we're making progress. I can't wait to have everything all set up for them!

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@whenoceansrise: Yay, any feelings either way?

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Jax: That is a lot of protein....I would die....lol

10. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@littlek: What a nice Vaca I love Georgia

Doing good today was my first day back in the classroom for set up and such! Nice to be busy......

I had a lady at work basically say she wasn't sure I was pregnant......I mean WHAT?! My belly is HUGE....lol

11. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@sandy: My OB allows VBAC, but for me it just seems easier to go with a repeat. My recovery really wasn't bad, but it's all that I know.

She told me today that if I want to go home sooner (or even feel like that's what I want) to make sure she knows. Last time she used staples which apparently have to be in for three days (mine were removed just before I went home). She said she would use stitches if I think I want to go home after 1-2 days.

My OB also told me that her first pregnancy was a vaginal delivery with severe tearing and her second was a c-section. She's not sure which was really worse. She felt the vaginal recovery was "easier" but much more painful because of her tearing.

12. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@MamaG: my OB didn't use staples and I had no issues with my incision. I just had some stitches and those steri-strips and it healed wonderfully. The only pain medication I took was Tylenol with codeine and it was enough for me. I did end up staying 4 days bc I developed an infection during labor so LO and I had IVs for our antibiotics...so I'm thinking if I have a schedule csection maybe I can avoid the whole uterine infection and get home ASAP to LO.

13. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@winniebee: ugh I have butt/back pain too!! It seems so early. The MW at my OB said "take a hot shower"
    ..... reallly???? Only thing that helps me is tons of stretching

@whenoceansrise yay for gender scan!!! Also wondering if you are having any mama's intuition? ?

14. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

Ugh girls, my weight gain is out of control. I've gained 23 lbs and I'm only 21 weeks. I need to go on a serious pregnancy diet or something.

15. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Adira: I'm right there with you . At 23 weeks I've gained 22lbs and I started out heavier than usual this pregnancy. I gained a little over a pound a week with my first pregnancy though too (and was lucky enough to lose all the weight plus some through BF). My OB isn't worried about my weight gain so I'm trying not to worry...but I know all the extra weight definitely takes a toll on my body. I do feel like my appetite has decreased finally but my weight gain hasn't slowed down unfortunately. Maybe I just make big babies (I'm 5 feet and usually just under 110 but my LO was 8lbs 8oz)

16. Adira

@sandy: Glad someone else knows what I'm going through! I started off heavier than usual for this pregnancy too, so I was HOPING to not gain as much this time around (gained 43 lbs with Xander). It's not looking good though. And I'm nervous about the end of the pregnancy because last time I had to go on prednisone for my platelets and that made me RAVENOUS. I ended up gaining 15 lbs in the last 5-6 weeks, so I'm really nervous about that happening again!

17. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Adira: FX you won't need the prednisone! I doesn't help that all my mom friends told me "oh don't worry - you'll definitely gain less with your second bc you're chasing a toddler around!" Not turning out to be true for me. And what frightens me even more is hearing "it's harder to lose the pregnancy weight the second time"

18. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@winniebee: @magnolia: mine isn't as bad as what you guys are going through and for me I think it's all the extra weight taking it's toll on my hips/pelvis. What has helped me is getting a massage every few weeks. It kind of hurts but she actually applies pressure to my butt (I'm laying on my side) but the pain is basically gone afterwards

19. Adira

@sandy: Ugh, yes, definitely not true for me either! And I really hope it's NOT harder to lose the weight the second time, because it was next to impossible the first time around! BFing didn't help me AT ALL!

20. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Adira: BF didn't help a lot of my friends and they had to wait until their babies completely weaned to lose the weight...it's like their bodies just wanted to hold onto the weight.

21. Adira

@sandy: Yeah, that's how mine was too. And then I was pregnant when I weaned and didn't know how to eat right because I was eating more than normal just to keep my supply up. So THAT didn't help either!

22. littlek

@Adira: I wouldn't worry about weight gain unless your OB says something.

23. littlek

@sandy: I think BFing helping you lose weight is an urban legend. :). What helped me lose weight was eating healthy and exercise.

24. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Jax: It's hard to eat a ton when there's so much less stomach space!!

@sandy: @Adira: If your OBs aren't concerned, you are fine Little babes need healthy moms to grow!!

I don't know how much weight I've gained at this point; I'm curious to see how I'm doing at my next appt on August 22. I thought I had been eating tons and gaining more weight, but this past week I've felt kind of off and haven't been able to eat as much. We'll see.

25. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@FaithFertility: @magnolia: I have a feeling it's a boy!

26. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@sandy: massage sounds amazing right now! I have to look into that

@whenoceansrise aww!!

27. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

Welp, I'm back from the funeral. Lots to catch up on here, but hope everyone is doing well.

We did at least decide on part of a name while at the funeral....Matthew will either be the 1st or middle name.

28. winniebee

@Jax: @sandy: I'm really not so little. I'm just 5'2 and small so gain more slowly I guess!

29. littlek

@winniebee: Your tall in my book. I'm 5 feet tall. Shorties unite!!

30. littlek

@AngelicOne: I'm so sorry.

31. winniebee

@littlek: I'm more like 5'1-1/2 but I round up

32. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@littlek: @winniebee: another shortie here at 5 feet...so you can imagine what 40+ lbs looks on my short frame...it looks like a freak show

33. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@littlek: Thanks.

@littlek: @winniebee: @sandy: Hey fellow shortie mama's. I'm 5'2 on a good day lol Last week I had only gained like 3 lbs so far, so was overweight to begin with & told to gain 10-15 total.

34. winniebee

@sandy: I gained 30 last time so I feel you! I just tend to gain the most in the late second tri. My midwife said to gain 35-40 this time but I just figure I should eat when I'm hungry and exercise when possible and let the chips fall where they may (quite literally)

@AngelicOne: shorties unite!

35. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@AngelicOne: @littlek: @winniebee: @sandy: 5'1" here! December has a lot of short mamas!

I don't know how much weight I've gained, but I feel huge.

36. Adira

OMG, what is WRONG with people? Hubs and I were taking Xander for a walk around the neighborhood last night and we ran into a couple neighbors, and the woman was just all "How far along are you? Is it twins? Are you sure it isn't twins?? You look HUGE for 5 months! I mean, REALLY BIG! That must be a HUGE baby in there unless it's actually twins!"

37. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Adira: Omg. She must be either totally clueless or just super rude! Wow. Just wow. What was your response to that?

38. Adira

@josina: I said something like "I don't think that's a compliment" and she AGREED with me and then just continued on about how huge I was!

39. littlek

You guys interested in doing another get to know you question? The thread has been a little slow lately...

Weeks pregnant:
    Babymoon (Y/N):
    Last baby purchase:

40. littlek

Weeks pregnant: Almost 23
    Babymoon (Y/N): I wish!
    Last baby purchase: Clothes, clothes and more clothes

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee