Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2016 POAS

1. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Banana330: yeah, I only had it happen once...

@snarkybiochemist: Yuck. I hope the letrazole has fewer side effects...

2. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: Me too I hope for fewer side effects and a positive

3. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist: TTC can be so unfair. So sorry you are stuck with both the yucky side effects and a BFN. Really hoping that next month is it for you!

4. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: Its just so hard and you want every month to work so badly

5. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I'm sorry, that sucks.

6. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@snarkybiochemist: so sorry lady. Treat yourself well this weekend!

7. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@knittylady: @Mrs. Microscope: thanks we have some of my favorite Christmas traditions happening this Sunday so that will certainly make me happy. I am also looking forward to brandy trifle for Christmas and Champagne for NYE (I sound like a lush)

8. coddergirl

coffee bean / 42 posts

After two stark BFNs this week, tested today at 11dpo -- BFP. This is the only Christmas present I need this year! (though I can never truly breathe deeply until the end of the 1st trimester when risk of loss decreases, I'm still excited :). Good luck to my fellow TTC-ers.

9. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@coddergirl: congrats!!

10. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@coddergirl: Congrats!

11. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Congrats! SPINNY, MommySLP, MRS. MICROSCOPE, Mrsbrewer, coddergirl

Dec 19 - KKeller31
    Dec 24 - Knittylady
    Dec 28 - MRS. D, Banana330
    Dec 29 - Babybeeforme, Properpie

12. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@coddergirl: Congrats!

13. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

Just realized I should join this! Technically my day to POAS is Christmas but I'll try to wait!

14. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@coddergirl: great Christmas present

15. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@coddergirl: Congratulations !

16. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@junebugsmama: welcome! Exciting that you're trying for number 2!

17. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@knittylady: thank you!

18. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Congrats! SPINNY, MommySLP, MRS. MICROSCOPE, Mrsbrewer, coddergirl

Dec 19 - KKeller31
    Dec 24 - Knittylady
    Dec 25 - junebugsmama
    Dec 28 - MRS. D, Banana330
    Dec 29 - Babybeeforme, Properpie

19. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

How's everyone doing today? I got my crosshairs this morning so 3dpo. I'm on vacation now but DD is sick and my plans of cooking and organising have gone out the window!

20. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

I had a nice wallow on Friday night, I had every intention of being productive and getting stuff done for Christmas but I just couldn't motivate myself to care and eventually just broke down and told my husband that I needed him to be ok with me being sad over not being pregnant, he wanted me to just gear up and focus on the next cycle. That it was disappointing to have had the tests and done the monitoring and taken the meds and to not get pregnant and that I was pissed that I would have to do it all again until I actually got pregnant. Now I am concluding that cramps are natures evil way of reminding you constantly that you are not pregnant.

21. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@snarkybiochemist: ya my DH doesn't understand when I get upset about things like this. He's getting better though. Careful cramps can also be a sign of pregnancy (let's be honest everything is a sign you're pregnant but you're not!). Hopefully you're feeling a bit better and can enjoy the holidays!

22. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I just joined, but I read a few of your recent posts and I just want to say I feel for you. it sounds so frustrating, and I feel like this time of year can be stressful in itself with the added stress of ttc. Hang in there! And I totally agree about the cramps. And just period in general. We just started trying for number two after my husband hadn't been ready for a while, and I had been... but we were really ntnp before so I was hoping for a surprise. My body kept giving me these super long cycles where I would get my hopes up and then have these super heavy long periods. I felt like my body was taunting me! I think I even posted a thread called that!

23. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Banana330: After my evening of wallowing I am feeling better. I just needed to have those emotions and process them. I am looking forward to celebrating with friends and family.

24. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@Banana330: I am tired from a busy work weekend! And starting to have all the negative thoughts "no way I am pregnant" even though I have a week to even start my period. But noticing not a single symptom, possibly early pms cramps, that sort of stuff. Sigh.

25. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@junebugsmama: Thanks its hard and I am so glad to have a community, that helps. Long cycles are the worst, they give you just enough hope.

26. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I definitely let my husband have it on Thursday night. I was so mad at him because he went to hot yoga and I was fuming at the idea of him sitting in a hot room baking his balls. I hit him with bed pillows for a good long time all while yelling at him, until I finally got tired and collapsed on the floor crying (he was a good sport about it). TTC sucks. I definitely feel ya on the not wanting to go through it all again the next cycle. For me at 9 months, I'm just over it.

27. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Tionn3: Thankfully my husband has no desire to ever do hot yoga nor does he have any other TTC risky hobbies. He also admitted that it was hard for him to have such emotions about not getting pregnant b/c this wasn't effecting him directly since he wasn't the one doing any testing or taking any medications. This is what I really wanted from him anyway, to admit that this was harder for me then it was him and that it sucked not getting it

28. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@snarkybiochemist: That is good he was willing to admit that. My husband did the same after 4 months of trying. After month 8 he had finally gotten to the point where he is feeling the disappointment and disbelief with me. It was a huge step for him, and it had to come on his own time. It all comes in time.

29. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Tionn3: I was proud of him, I don't know if he will ever hit the point of feeling the disappointment as keenly as I do, he keeps his emotions tight inside (which I know might come back to bite him).
    On other more fun subjects, when do you leave for Ireland?

30. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@snarkybiochemist: My husband is tight about his feelings too, I feel like the majority of men are like that.

I leave Dec 26th! 7 days left!! I'm so excited! Are you doing anything fun or special for the holidays?

31. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Tionn3: I suppose he still could surprise me
    The usual assortment of friends and family. I cook Christmas lunch, and my husband and I host a small party for NYE so lots of cooking and baking for me. I cannot wait to hear all about your trip, Ireland sounds amazing.

32. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@junebugsmama: I alternate from convinced i'm pregnant to convinced i'm not EVERY TWW! It kills me... i'm hoping this one will be so busy I won't notice the symptom spotting as much etc.

33. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Cleared for a letrozole cycle no cysts or other problems on my CD 3 work-up. I have also been scheduled for a hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy next week. Here is hoping this is my cycle. I will likely O shortly after new years and POAS mid Jan.

34. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@snarkybiochemist: that's great!

35. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Banana330: thanks, things are really moving along

36. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Yay!

37. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

How is everyone doing? Anyone off for the holidays yet? (I have work through Friday...) I was dreading a bit one particular aspect of the holidays - that my mother tends to be vocal in expressing her preference for a grandchild and will do things like drag me into Kids Pottery Barn and complain that there's no one in our family to buy that stuff for. The thought was making me sad (I want someone to buy Christmas jammies for too, please don't remind me!) but when I complained to DH he thought it was hilarious, so I'm trying to have more of a sense of humor about the fact that I'm probably going to get reminded repeatedly about our lack of children.

I think I'm going to ovulate at least a couple days later than normal this month, or else maybe I had a short surge and just missed it with the OPKs. Normally my temps are pretty informative, but this week they are all messed up because I got back from traveling on Sat and seem to be still adjusting from jet lag. I guess it's a good excuse to keep DTD until I can figure out for sure what's going on.

38. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@periwinklebee: yes! I'm off right now. It's great. I did some holiday cookie decorating yesterday and last minute holiday shopping today. We're starting to potty train our 20 month old tomorrow.. so that should be fun

A sense of humour on that stuff is probably a good thing. It's amazing how you don't even think about those types of questions until you start trying to see how hurtful they can be. EOD should keep you covered until you O. It's tough when your temps and OPK's seem messed up.

I'm 5 dpo, go for a progesterone blood test on friday. I'm in that limbo stage where it's WAY too early to test but you so want to have control of something in the process. Hopefully the holidays keep me distracted enough.

39. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: I'm at work until friday, we get out 2 hours early. My whole family is impatient for me to have a kid and my parents do have 3 grandsons to spoil and buy stuff for. I told my mom parts of what we are going through so she would calm down but my extended family doesn't know and so I'm dreading interacting with them again on fertility meds. I start letrozole tonight and will be on it through Christmas. Good luck with EOD. I will likely O sometime just after NYE so here's hoping 2017 brings me luck.

40. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Banana330: That's awesome, I'm very jealous of the cookie-baking (not of the potty training ) Hopefully having Christmas fall in the middle of the TWW will make it fly by faster. Really hoping that you get a BFP as a late Christmas present...

@snarkybiochemist: Ugh, I wish people would just realize that starting a family is a very personal issue and leave it at that. I hope that the letrozole will have minimal side effects and that 2017 will bring us all lots of new luck.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee