Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2016 POAS

1. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: Here's hoping everyone just leaves us alone this holiday and that we have good news to share soon

2. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Hah, cheers to that!

3. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@periwinklebee: Hopefully your O day doesn't get blocked by holiday stuff! Fingers crossed this is it!

4. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Banana330: Thanks! At least DH is coming to my parents house for Christmas with me...

On the bright side, I thought my intake appt would be CD 4 or 5 next month, which makes it too late for the CD 3 testing, but maybe now it will be before that and they'll be able to do it right away.

5. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@periwinklebee: Mine was mid cycle so we had to wait until the next one.. but it was kind of a blessing as it felt less overwhelming.

6. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: Good luck with your appt, it does work so much better when things line up. My doctor still performed an ultrasound even though I was CD 6 for my first visit and she ordered blood work, she wanted some fasting blood work otherwise I think she would have gotten it same day in office. So they might be able to start looking at things even if you aren't exactly at CD 3.

7. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Thanks, that is really good to know, and also that they might want fasting blood work.

8. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: I suppose it all depends on what they are looking for, since my regular OB/GYN had decided I have PCOS they wanted to check my fasting glucose and lipid levels since PCOS can cause insulin resistance and high cholesterol. The blood work was also hormones, thyroid, STDs and a few other things. My blood work was 12 vials and a urine sample my husbands blood work was 6 vials and a urine sample. The STD tests are required by law when you pursue fertility treatments.

9. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Wow, that's a lot of vials of blood! Good to know... I just had the lipid profile done about a month ago, so maybe I will ask for those to be transferred.

10. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: I was shocked when I showed up to the lab for the initial blood work that it would be so many

11. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Today I just hit a wall feeling discouraged and cranky. I'm still dealing with hot flashes from the clomid and the letrozole is supposed to cause dizziness and headaches (yay) plus scheduling tests and planning sex around Christmas is just dreadful. Thankfully I have you guys and my Aunt to talk to, she went through fertility treatments and gets the side effects and the testing and just the general unhappiness in a way that most people can't. We have been texting all morning and its really helping. I hope you all can find a supportive friend or family member in real life, it helps in a way that online just can't

12. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Sorry that things have been tough...glad your aunt has been encouraging.

I know it's probably my own fault for not having a dense enough friend network - and hence not really having the right people to talk to - but so far when I've tried to bring up TTC with friends in real life it hasn't been that great. Most of my close friends haven't started down the TTC road yet, and the few that have got pregnant quickly. People seem anxious to change the topic, and the sort of responses I got were things like "if it hasn't been a year yet, it's fine and just be patient" (fair enough, but odds aren't great between six months and a year...), "when you go in for your annual, I'm sure your obgyn can fix it really easily" (I wish fertility treatment worked like that), or my favorite "probably you just need to have sex more often." (um, no). It does feel lonely...

13. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: I've found that with friends too. In general we are either among the first to TTC and the ones that are having kids seemed to have an easy time of it. One of my closest friends who I have known since I was 2, mentioned "I don't think its that hard to have a kid, and if it is people should just take it as a sign that they shouldn't have kids" I wasn't in a place to educate her so I just let it go, but our friendship has definitely entered the superficial conversation topic world for the moment. I realize it is such a rarity to actually have someone in real life who really understands whats going on and isn't just trying to placate you or brush you off. To the people who really don't get it I want to just yell, there is something physically wrong with me and so I am seeking treatment for the problem you wouldn't begrudge someone else who is sick for seeking treatment for their problem. Why is it different when one of the complications of my physical problem is an inability to get pregnant

14. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Wow, just wow... by that logic, maybe the next time I catch strep throat, I shouldn't take antibiotics and instead should just see it as a sign that I am supposed to die of rheumatic fever. There are so many weird cultural beliefs just under the surface when it comes to TTC, and sex more generally. I'm really glad you found someone who is supportive, and so sorry someone close to you would say something so ridiculous and hurtful.

15. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: We really do have really complicated feelings towards family building and sex and also what is something that a person should be allowed to seek help for. Clearly I have feelings about this and strong ones

16. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

Random question...from top to bottom these are opks from CD 12, 13, 14, and 15. Do you think they are all negative? For the past few months I've been ovulating CD 13, and in over a year haven't gotten a positive opk later than CD 14. I know it might just be my turn for a long cycle, which is fine, I've been lucky with it so far, but it's weird. I noticed watery CM around when I normally ovulate which seems to have completely dried up for the past couple of days, so CM is making me think maybe I just had a short surge around the normal time that the opks didn't fully pick up. My temps are down about 0.75 degrees from normal follicular phase and 1.5 degrees from normal luteal phase, no idea what's going on there. I'll blame jetlag, though I feel back to normal now (had a 14 hour time change on Sat). These opks were all with FMU, I tried a couple later in the day but they seemed really faint.

17. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@periwinklebee: definitely not positive yet. Are you testing twice a day? Mine are darkest around 10 am. By your low temps it sounds like you haven't O'd yet.

18. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Banana330: Thanks! Good call about SMU. I've tried testing in late afternoon, but it seems lighter then, haven't tried again in the morning.

I'm tired of peeing on sticks, hah, hah, can't wait to get a break during the TWW!

19. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: wow I am so sorry about your friend. It's one of those things you just almost think I hope you see what this is like someday and st the same time wouldn't wish it on anyone.

20. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

For me, I am supposed to test Sunday, but I plan to wait till after I get home from my moms on
    Monday. I don't even have any tests because the second I buy them I'll use em all up! I kinda think I am having period cramps but then I also had a bit of nausea... hard to say cause I've been eating so bad the nausea could just be from that! Normally I am on team drink alcohol (moderation) until you get a positive test but I am starting to wonder if I should drink this weekend. We don't go crazy but we definitely have plenty of wine when I am with my family.

21. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

Yep just started my period. Oh well. At least now I can enjoy the wine!

22. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@junebugsmama: sorry about AF. Enjoy the wine!

23. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

So sorry about AF. I hope you enjoy the festivities over the weekend. @junebugsmama:

(Sorry on my phone and tagging is messed up...)

24. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@junebugsmama: exactly, I know this is hard to relate to unless you are dealing with it, but there are things you just don't say.
    sorry about the period arrival but yay enjoying the alcohol this weekend guilt free

25. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

Ugh why are there announcement after announcement this time of year

26. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@junebugsmama: I'm sorry. I hope you are able to enjoy some wine and that your BFP happens soon! It is hard to see/hear all those announcements when you just want it to be your turn!

27. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I'm glad you have your aunt as a support and someone who truly understands what you are going through. Your friend's comments were so insensitive. I'm truly sorry.

28. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@jhd: It is so helpful going into Christmas having someone in my corner who really gets it and can just roll her eyes with me when someone else says something. Its hard being the first in your friend group to try for kids and then also be having a difficult time. Friends can't relate on either level.

29. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

I hope everyone is having a good holiday and are able to take some time out for some self-care this season that seems to so focus on children. Hopefully the new year will bring us all some good news as well as some peace.

30. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Here's hoping you won't have to hear any eye roll worthy comments! 😉

31. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@jhd: Well yes that's always the case, but my grandmother is particularly in the just relax it will happen camp

32. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I hate those comments. I wish it was that easy!

33. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Me too, if I just relax and don't do anything I go 95 days without a period because I don't ovulate on my own.

34. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@snarkybiochemist: thankfully I think all the people who would comment on my age or TTC status won't be around this year. We are only celebrating with our parents and siblings and their kids this year.

35. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@jhd: That is nice, well not nice that you won't see your whole family but nice less people will be around to say anything. We will be seeing everyone, and you would think that my sister just having a baby would give everyone something to focus on but it only seems to make the when is it going to be you comments worse

36. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@snarkybiochemist: why is it that new babies make people ask more questions? Why can't people just enjoy the new baby without pestering other people about their family plans? Seems like ebery family does it but it just doesn't make sense to me!

37. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@jhd: I know, there is a shiny new baby play with him instead of asking me questions. It does seem rather universal though, I guess babies beget babies.

38. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Feeling the lightheaded/dizziness that comes with the letrozole. Just in time for Christmas Eve with my family and then I cook a big meal tomorrow. I am going to have to bring a chair over to my stove so I can cook everything.

39. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@snarkybiochemist: stupid side effects

I'm 8dpo and it's the worst! The middle of the tww sucks. No symptoms, small temp dip today but not thinking it means anything.

40. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Banana330: exactly
    8 DPO is the worst, too early to test but just enough time that you convince yourself this could be it. Good luck and fingers crossed for you

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee