Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2017 moms!

1. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

So far lots or second time mom's! Kinda pumped.

2. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

Had a colleague sono me at work today and am no wishing I'd waited a few more days because now I'm in limbo.

I should be 5w5d by pretty firm dates. We saw a gestational sac, but, no yolk sac or fetal pole. I'm a little bit difficult to image well in early pregnancy because my uterus is very anteflexed, so, it could just be that we weren't able to get the greatest picture or it could be that it isn't a viable pregnancy.

I could ask my midwives to order betas, but, that wouldn't tell me anything for another 5 days anyway, and by that point a repeat ultrasound will be conclusive anyhow. Ugh.

I would almost rather have had clear bad news than inconclusive limbo. But, not ectopic and not twins is the most important thing -- so, at least confirmed that.

3. Run2shore

cherry / 100 posts

@lilyofthewest early pregnancy is truly the most stressful time. I Hope the next few days pass quickly for you and you get some clarity

@eko in addition to a lot of second time moms, I've noticed a lot of ladies here have experince with early loss (myself included when we were trying for our first)

The first trimester can be the worst. So much cautious optimism, and fear and stress.

4. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@Eko: Congratulations! Is your doctor going to do betas for you?

@Tanjowen: Congratulations! I'm sorry about your previous losses, hope this pregnancy goes smoothly for you.

@lilyofthewest: I'm sorry your in limbo, when will you be doing another scan?

As for me we went to the RE today and saw both babies! Both are measuring well 6w3d HB 117 and 6w4d HB 129. Doctor seems more confident about them sticking around, mentioned some stuff about the high risk doctor at my hospital, which seems promising. I think we won't be out of the woods until we are out of the first trimester. I read that seeing both the HBs is the first hurdle then getting to 10 weeks. I just really want to know that we are going to have two babies. Hate this waiting game.

5. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@lilyofthewest: limbo is the worst. You should treat yourself to something fun this weekend to take your mind off of it.

@Run2shore: that's very true! I'm a little more excited then I thought I would be. Still nervous but more excited.

@MrsTal: awesome news about the babies! Just keep the good luck rolling. I did get the hcg done today and should get results tomorrow.

I set up my doctors apt for May 15. Also did another frer and it got a little darker so all positive signs. My symptoms are more intense this round too

6. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@Eko: I was just going to post that my symptoms seem to be getting stronger even though I'm just into the 4th week. That seems a positive sign you have to me.

@lilyofthewest - happy thoughts going your way.

@mrstal - keeping fingers crossed. That is so exciting - hearing two heartbeats must have been a sweet moment.

I'm still waiting on setting first appointment - should be able to Monday. But I start traveling for work next week for most of the time thru 10 May so there's no possibility of having an appointment before 11 May. That puts me at the start of week 7 - guess it is what it is.

7. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

My betas have not been doubling in a good amount of time and they are low. At this point we will redo bloodwork next week and watch for ectopic pregnancy.

Good luck to all you December mamas and babies!!

8. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

I'm going to dip only my little toe into this thread as I haven't had any imaging...and have had loss before...so I try to stay semi-detached until I'm further along....

EDD: 12/23/17

First child? No, second

Any symptoms? Bloat, tender boobs, so tired

Who have you told? Husband and my parents (because they would know immediately when I refuse wine)

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? That this won't stick. Maybe we'll need to move. Husband travels 90% of the year...two kids...yikes.

9. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@MrsTal: I'll be at work again Weds and Thurs...so, one of those days. There's a really good sonographer also working Thurs...but I'm not sure I'll have the patience to wait so I may contort myself to my own scan on Wed or ask a less skilled colleague.

10. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.Panda: sorry to hear that! Still keeping my fingerson crossed for you

11. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@lilyofthewest: girl, you know you won't get a good enough image to see well if you do it yourself. I'd take the less skilled colleague and if you don't see anything, do it again the next day.

12. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Eko: Thank you

13. Run2shore

cherry / 100 posts

@mrs.panda Im so sorry. Hoping things work out

@littlebit7 congratulations! we are also in the same boat of "do we need to move?" especially with potential twins on the way and a toddler and dog in the house. We are making a decision this week of whether we are listing the house.

@mrstal that is such great news! congrats! i was just asking my husband today, when are we finally able to say "we are having twins"?? - there seem to be so many milestones to hit - anxious to go to my appt on Tuesday.

14. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@Run2shore: thanks! Wow you too. Twins...amazing! Yeah, it's funny how a little line on a stick can make you quickly reevaluate your priorities and go into full throttle high gear

15. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

I didn't think DH was very excited - i know I've read where it's common for them to be less enthused as they don't see signs of pregnancy themselves for awhile. But before I got bummed about his lack of reaction - he surprised me with a gorgeous necklace with a mom and child pendent. I could blame early pregnancy hormones but I had water eyes when I opened the surprise gift last evening.

16. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

Starting to have cramping and bleeding. I'm trying to stay hopeful, but I have the feeling I'm going to find an empty uterus on Wednesday rather than a pole and cardiac motion. Ugh.

17. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

Finally got my first appointment scheduled - May 15th which puts me right at 8 weeks. I had to switch doctors as the first one I was referred to couldn't see me until June 26th which is ridiculous.

18. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

@MrsJBeeG: that's ridiculous!! June 26th?? I'm glad you found another doctor, my first appointment is targeted for May 19th. I've been compulsively checking that my line keeps gettting darker until then.

19. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@chypmunk: I know!! I heard great things about that doctor but it wasn't worth waiting until 14 weeks to see him. So i switched and feel better about the sooner appointment. I thought about testing to see if my line gets darker but I keep telling myself the fact that my boobs are so incredibly sore, I take naps most evenings because I'm too tired and no spotting must mean everything is progressing fine. Sad that symptoms give me reassurance though - so I totally get the testing to confirm the line is still dark!

20. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@lilyofthewest: I'm so sorry

21. Run2shore

cherry / 100 posts

@lilyofthewest: how are you feeling? any change? Im so sorry, I hope everything turns out OK

22. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@lilyofthewest: if it is worth anything, I bled my entire first trimester with my daughter. It was awful. I had a subchorionic hemorrhage.

23. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@Run2shore: @Mrs.Panda: I'm swinging back and forth between absolute certainty that everything is over and equal certainty that everything is fine.

24. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@lilyofthewest: I know exactly what you mean. I've been getting the same light pink lines on HPTs, certain everything was over then all of a sudden this. These are the last three days.

25. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@lilyofthewest: definitely praying for you and hoping that everything is fine.

26. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@Mrs.Panda: I can't admit to being an expert but there's a definite dark one that seems like a good thing to me. Hoping the best for you!!!

27. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@MrsJBeeG: Thanks, I'm trying not to read too much into it because the dye itself seems to be darker on the control line. Wednesday can't come soon enough.

28. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

@Mrs.Panda: it looks good!! on your appointment!! Hope to hear good things!!

29. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

@lilyofthewest: hoping for the best!!

30. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@lilyofthewest: @Mrs.Panda: still keeping my fingers crossed for you.

31. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Got my second round of hcg results back answer from 45 to 97 so I'm doing pretty good! Just hanging in there until my doctors appointment. I'm trying to figure out how/when to tell my mom without her blabbing or overshadowing my brother who is expecting his first in July.

32. Run2shore

cherry / 100 posts

@mrs.panda hoping those lines bring good news!

@eko congrats!

@mrsjbeeg it's nice having that first appointment secured. Hopefully time passes quickly until then

33. tramdoof

coffee bean / 31 posts

@mrs.panda I am really hoping you just had a slow start, the last line looks fantastic!

I have my first ultrasound tomorrow at 8w3days. I was really nervous leading up to this week, but I have been at peace recently. Admittedly, I have also been comforted by how sick I have felt recently. Something has to be happening to make me feel so poorly!

At work today someone gave me a pretty tedious assignment at 3:30 due by tomorrow morning, I had been at work since 7 and was hoping to finish the day early. I definitely went full hormonal cry, before pulling myself together. No one in my office knows I'm pregnant and it would have been tough to explain why this particular email was worth so full blown tears. I think there should be first trimester leave in addition to maternity leave! How is everyone else handling the other responsibilities and early pregnancy?

34. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@tramdoof: I definitely try to find a balance between putting up with things and knowing my limits. There is also a level of understanding that pregnancy brings out the crazy side sometimes.

35. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@tramdoof: I had almost the same thing happen at work but they set an unrealistic deadline and my boss agreed with me that more time was needed. I'm pretty calm most of the time and it's been hard dealing with pregnancy hormones. I've taken to deep breaths and laughing at my reaction after I've realized the things I've thought in that slightly crazy hormonal moment. Maybe doesn't work for everyone but being able to laugh afterwards at myself really helps me.

36. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@tramdoof: Good luck on your scan tomorrow! Mine is tomorrow also, and I've also had some anxiety but trying to remain calm.

And I lost it on a coworker last week over an email he sent that was not appropriate. I usually can talk to people quite rationally, but not that day. I can laugh about it this week, but hormones are definitely making me ragey!

37. mybell208

coffee bean / 45 posts

@lilyofthewest: Also holding you in my thoughts

@tramdoof: I've been so ragey this week myself, trying to hold in and not blow up at people over stupid stuff.
    I work with the public, and am 5-7 hours a day and i'm not supposed to sit. It's taxing. We do have one sit-down station for longer customer transactions (I'm a Librarian), and I've been sitting a little more as needed. I should just tell all the bosses so they know, but I'm not ready for that yet.

I've been struggling with anxiety big time the past few days.

Good luck to everyone with their upcoming scans! My next one is next Tuesday which *should* be the 8w1d appointment.

38. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

Empty sac still - no change over 5 days, so, definitely not a viable pregnancy. My insurance doesn't cover abortion, so, if I want any medical management (rather than just waiting to pass it), I'll need to go get a formal ultrasound and/or betas to rub it in so I can get a miscarriage diagnosis. Ugh.

39. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

@lilyofthewest: I'm so sorry!

40. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@lilyofthewest: I'm sorry to head that.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee