Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 POAS

1. Blythe

coffee bean / 28 posts

Well, I saw my doctor today. It looks like I’ve had a chemical pregnancy. I started to spot on Monday and things have been going downhill ever since. Feeling sad and disappointed, but am grateful that the loss has taken place quickly and easily… I also read somewhere that the good thing about a chemical is that you at least know your baby making parts are functional… or something like that… so I’m hanging on to that idea right now and just looking forward to the rest of the month. My new stats…

Cycle Day: 3
    TTC Cycle: 4
    Ovulation Date: December 16-21
    POAS Date: January 2
    Baby #: 1

Continuing to wish all of you guys the best of luck this month! Hoping to see none of you on the January POAS board ; )

2. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@Blythe: sorry to hear that.

3. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Blythe: so sorry

4. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Hey, ladies. I am "texting" this as DH drives (and trying not to get carsick as he does so. 😂)

Sorry I have been absent. I have been crazy-busy with work as I am filling in for another professor who is ill all while instructing classes, training clients, being "mom" (my favorite job) and preparing for the holidays. We also had a bit of crazy with family but all is fine. Sam's Mom has kept me in the loop. 👍

My RE appt went really well. 😁 He said my lining looks a bit thin and I may have a cyst in my left ovary OR it may just be the left over corpus luteum from this past cycle (* I started my AF this morning 😭 after a 17 luteal). He would like to monitor it. He believes that I will just need gonadotropins and IUI but is checking my AMH (after my last check 2 years ago) and, if it is REALLY low, will encourage me to go for IVF. This next cycle will be natural with a mix of home IUI ... NO meds. DH will be dropping off his "sample" in the morning. Hoping his results are stellar. The doctor, who happens to be the head of his department, was impressed with my knowledge of my cycle and fertility in general... which, of course, was a HUGE ego stroke. All good things, I believe.👍

As for THIS new cycle:
    Cycle Day: 1
    TTC Cycle: Too many (I will be TTC 3 years this February)
    Ovulation Date: December 14-16
    POAS Date: December 31 (My son's 4th b.day!)
    Baby #: 3

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Blythe: I am so, unbelievably, sorry to read this. 💔 I do appreciate your optimism as you move forward on to another cycle. Best of luck this cycle. 😊

6. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I hope that's "all" it takes! Sounds promising, and I hope your AMH is not in IVF territory. I should probably tag yellowbeach since she emailed asking about you 😂

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: kaohinani is back 😁

8. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: Woohoo!

@Blythe: Sorry about the chemical

@Kaohinani: I like everything you said this doc recommended so far. Sounds like the right balance of being aggressive without being wasteful (just racking up tests and procedures they can bill for). I see a lot of ladies in my Fb group with REs who fall into the latter group. Did DH have any opinions on what the RE said?

9. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Thank you. 💕

10. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: He is PHENOMENAL! I have 3 "decent-sized" follicles already forming in the right ovary (which surprised the doctor that as of CD 1, I would already have that many maturing but then I mentioned I usually OV days 8-12 and he stated it was fine). He does not seem overly concerned about the "maybe cyst." He even prescribed me a regular antibiotic for my contined honeymoon cystitis (UTI due to constant BD-ING) since he said nothing is less fun than trying for a baby and not getting one than trying, not getting one but getting a UTI instead. #notruerwords. He also said I could call at any time because he works 7 days a week. His job is to ensure I get a baby or two (RE joke) ... to which he laughed (because he told us he is a twin himself.)

DH is on-board with everything so far. Even the idea of a try of IVF if it comes down to it!

* I apologize for such scattered writing, I am trying to make some sort of supper while helping T with her homework AS I message... 🤔 I believe I am failing at all 3. 😂

11. Mrs. B

pea / 7 posts

I saw my doctor again today and my follicles weren’t large enough after taking femara. They warned me about this because my severity of PCOS. 😔 One was 11mm and one was 13mm, they prescribed me Gonal-f to help mature the follicles. I go back Saturday for lab work and ultrasound. Any tips? And does the shot hurt? I’m not looking forward to that part!

12. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@Kaohinani: overall that sounds really positive. I don’t know a lot about the RE world, but I’m glad it’s went well and you’re happy-and got an A+ for your fertility knowledge. :silly:-and that your hubby is fully on board too.

13. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Petitduck: Thank you!

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Mrs. B: I have not taken either Femara or Gonal-f so I am, regrettably, of absolutely no help. ☹ Perhaps @Sams Mom, @Yellowbeach or @Lazb would be of more assistance. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they mature in a timely manner and you get your BFP! 😉

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Just a flyer that was at the RE:

(Because I'm am unbelievably nerdy 🤓 and love reading informative pamphlets. 🤣)

16. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Mrs. B: I've done femara but no injectables, what days did you take the femara?

17. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

⛄🎄 December 2018 POAS 🎄⛄

11/28: Petitduck -
    12/1: Lazb -
    12/2: Blythe -
    12/2: Paranundrum
    12/3: JessieMuller88
    12/4: Sam's Mom
    12/5: Kaohinani
    12/7: Clementine12
    12/12: Yellowbeach
    12/17: Creativemomma15
    12/24: Bananasareyellow
    12/31: Youboots
    12/31: Kaohinani
    1/2: Blythe
    TBD: Autumnmama79, MrsKansas, Rswan18, Mrs. B

Good luck, ladies!

🙋‍♀️Amazingly Supportive Cheerleaders
    - Karenbme
    - Mamabear87
    - Bhbee
    - Skinnycow

18. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Mrs. B: 🙋‍♀️ Queen of injectables over here. I didn’t have any issues with Gonal-F. I had DH give me my shots in my abdomen. He would pinch the skin forward a bit then have me cough right when he was injecting. I barely felt it most times. PRogesterone In Oil (PIO) that I am taking now is a much bigger needle and higher volume. But none of it has been as bad as I always worried about ahead of time.

19. Mrs. B

pea / 7 posts

@Sams Mom: CD3-7
    @Kaohinani: Thank you!

20. Mrs. B

pea / 7 posts

@yellowbeach: that’s good to know, first one is tomorrow so I’m trying not to psych myself out.

21. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: not all of us have an in house Doctor 😂 or are doctors

But I totally get it, is rather stab someone else than myself 😬

22. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I just "play one on TV..." 😉😂
    J/jk
    The RE told me it "should" be no worse than giving myself an epi shot or when I had to give a few of my students insulin shots for diabetes. I'm more afraid of side effects since he said it would be a "controlled hyperstimulation" since I OV on my own and have consistent, regular cycles. 🤪🙄😫

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Mrs. B: I'm certain you will do spectacularly!

24. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: so glad you’re back and it went well! And of course your doc was impressed, you’re essentially a doctor yourself!

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Thank you for the huge compliment. Having an Ed.D 👩🏫 is not even close to M.D. 👩‍⚕️ I highly respect the level of determination and skill it takes to be a skilled physician. I'm just a huge nerd who loves research and statistics. 🤓😉😂

26. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Well, my "period hair" showed up today, I'm guessing I'm out.

It is a dark coarse hair that pops up by my belly button every month a couple days before I start. Hadn't mentioned it before for fear of sounding crazy... But I'm past that now 😂

27. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm glad to hear everything went well with the doc, you have an actual battle plan and are full of new hope.

I'll join the December board for the second time around too. Hoping for some Christmas magic.

Cycle Day: 6
    TTC Cycle: off BC since May 2013.
    Ovulation Date: around 15.12
    POAS Date: 28.12
    Baby #: 1

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Thank you! Yes, something "new" is refreshing. Besides, who doesn't like having a bit of a direction after things have been going sideways for so long, correct? 😉 It does change our TTC cut-off a bit though as we were going to stop actively trying in April 2019; however, it appears that pending all testing we may not begin our actual clinical cycles until January OR February. He also considered both medicated IUI or/and IVF. That drastically changes the timeline for DH and I to TTC as we may have to begin with one and move onto the second option. There is so much to regard.

@Sams Mom: Oh, no! Not hormonal hair growth?!?! I hope it doesn't mean you are out!
    Side note - My bestie (* who is for all intensive purposes, is basically hairless) gets a single chin hair that begins to grow right before her AF and will fall out right before OV. My lower leg hair gets a tiny bit thicker towards the end of my cycle and I feel like I have to shave more often. Too bad I couldn't get thicker head-hair as 20 years of Topamax has killed my formerly lush mane. 😫 I digress... I understand the weird hair thing - Hormones are wacky. You are normal.

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

⛄🎄 December 2018 POAS 🎄⛄

11/28: Petitduck -
    12/1: Lazb -
    12/2: Blythe -
    12/2: Paranundrum
    12/3: JessieMuller88
    12/4: Sam's Mom
    12/5: Kaohinani
    12/7: Clementine12
    12/12: Yellowbeach
    12/17: Creativemomma15
    12/24: Bananasareyellow
    12/28: Paranundrum
    12/31: Youboots
    12/31: Kaohinani
    1/2: Blythe
    TBD: Autumnmama79, MrsKansas, Rswan18, Mrs. B

Good luck, ladies!

🙋‍♀️Amazingly Supportive Cheerleaders
    - Karenbme
    - Mamabear87
    - Bhbee
    - Skinnycow

30. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

AF showed up today. I’m out.

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Oh, no!!!!!! I am sorry! 😢

32. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Kaohinani: it’s ok. It’s a chance to get more answers. Now that I’ve started, I’m callkng my RE to schedule a HSG this week.

I’m glad your first appointment went well. I agree it feels nice to have some sort of plan and direction.

33. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Yes, ma'am. It is VERY exciting. I truly hope you receive more answers and, perhaps, that your HSG brings a lucky cycle your way.

34. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

I'm cramping a lot today! I swear if I start my period through the progesterone! I don't know if that can happen, or if it is normal, or what; but this sucks ass.

35. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: It is not unheard of for women to spot or to even have regular periods when starting progesterone therapy for fertility, especially if the progesterone is within the lower strength for dosing. With that stated (& and I'm sure of no comfort to you), it absolutely stinks that you are cramping and think AF may be on her way. 😫

36. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm taking 100mg 3x a day. I don't know where that falls on dosing. The script label says 1 capsule orally 3 times a day beginning 3 days after LH surge and continue through menses or 10 weeks gestation.

I'm taking the through menses part as maybe I can start while on it? but 16 days after LH surge is 17 dpo on my usual 14 day luteal phase.

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I can't remember if you are on Prometrium. I know they are manufactured in 100 mg and 200 mg doses and are usually prescribed 2-3x daily. I have heard of women needing 300 mg doses 3x so, perhaps, you are still on the lower end of prescribing as, even if you are taking it 3x rather than 2x, it is a lower dose.

Wow, your OBGYN has you on a Kaohinani-luteal phase. 😂 I call it the "luteal that never ends!" 😉

38. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: it's generic prometrium, little sphere shaped capsules of death that I choke on sometimes.

39. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: It would be the essentially the same (generic or not) chemically with the exception to [perhaps] flavor or a "filler." Anyway, IDK if they make Flintstone's chewable progesterone for Mama's just yet 😉 so you may have to suffer with gagging on the generic P unless your OBGYN decides to give you V suppositories next cycle 🤷‍♀️.

40. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Sams Mom: when I took mine orally I would still spot and start while on it, but when I take it vaginally, I don’t

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee