Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2016 moms!!

1. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@NeonPink1234: Yes, my boobs aren't really sore anymore either and the nausea just kind of comes and goes. Sometimes I feel great and it's easy to forget I'm pregnant. Other times I feel nauseous and exhausted, I really hate the first trimester limbo.

I'm also freaked out about miscarriage. It took a long time for DH to be on board with trying for #2 and I'm already concerned about the age gap. I really just want to fast forward a few months and know everything is going to be ok.

Do any of you ladies know if you'll be getting an ultrasound at your OB appointment? I asked when I scheduled and the lady at the front desk said not unless there's a dating question. We couldn't hear my son's heartbeat via doppler until my 16 week appt, but we did an ultrasound at 8 (normal practice) and 11 weeks (a quick check when we couldn't find the HB with doppler). I can't wait that long to know everything is ok!

2. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@NeonPink1234: I feel boy, just because we are completely settled on a name - but we are team green so it's going to be A LONG wait

@kiddosc: I have a vaginal ultrasound scheduled at my first OB appointment at 8.5 weeks.

3. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

@kiddosc: I have a vaginal ultrasound at my first appt at 8.4 I'm with you, I couldn't wait that long. Unethical, but could you say your last period was really light or you have irregular cycles so they'll do a dating one? Depend on whether the lie is worth the peace of mind.

4. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@NeonPink1234: When she asked me when my LMP was, I considered saying I didn't know. Damn conscience!

5. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@NeonPink1234: I desperately want this baby to be a girl. Plus we barely had sex and girl sperm lives longer, has to work in my favor.

6. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@kiddosc: ha I'm right there with you. I won't see baby till 12 week scan.

7. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

@ladybee: haha! We only hit O so boy is in my favor. I'd love another little girl. But I'm positive this one is a boy.

8. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

I'm officially in the two week wait. Two weeks until my first appt. I wonder if this will go by faster or slower than all other two week waits.

9. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@NeonPink1234: Lol @ TWW! I think the wait til the doctor will feel longer, everyday feels soooooo long right now.

We DTD every day during O work, so maybe girl?

When did all of your symptoms kick in? I don't feel any at all and am wondering when to expect them.

10. CObee

cherry / 189 posts

Good morning ladies!
    @NeonPink1234: I'm jealous you only have a tww left! I still have almost 3!!
    We hit o, o-2, and o-4, so I feel like we could have gotten a slow girl sperm or a super fast boy one. They probably had to fight it out . my gut says boy though
    @Crystal: my biggest symptom right now is just fatigue, which started before my bfp. I'm praying the nausea comes this week, like it did for my daughter! (I'll probably regret those prayers soon )

Big news for me today, at 5 weeks 2 days I got a 3+ on the weeks estimator, so according to that, I'm right on track! Soo happy

11. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal: Agreed, time is going soooooo slowly!! And my husband just left for a business trip today so I'm sure that's not going to help. *tiny violin*

12. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

Gonna get a list started - we've got a lot of ladies squeezed in a short month!

February 2016 Mamas

February 1: mrsclownfish, zombiebullfrogholler
    February 5: mrskrumpet
    February 7: goosebee
    February 8: abbydabbydoodlebug
    February 11: emilie765
    February 12: neonpink1234
    February 13: californiadreams
    February 14: ladybee
    February 19: mrs. champagne
    February 22: cobee
    February 23: libbylou, temperancebrennan
    February 24: kiddosc
    February 26: ms.line
    February 28: crystal

13. LibbyLou

kiwi / 739 posts

@ms.line: awesome thanks for starting!

14. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

We went to the zoo today and wandered around all morning. That involved loading a stroller in and out off my car and picking up my toddler several times. When we got home I had some very light pink spotting when I went to the bathroom. Now I'm freaking out! I know it can be normal, or a bad sign. I'm feeling more crampy, or maybe that's just being paranoid... Ugh, I hate the first trimester! Please pray this baby is sticking!

15. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@kiddosc: I've read studies that say heavy lifting doesn't impact miscarriage rates, so don't beat yourself up about that. Spotting can be totally normal - sending you sticky thoughts!

16. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Well, I had my appt today to get a date and initial visit set up. The baby measured 6 weeks 3 days, due date of Valentine Day. But we could barely see the heartbeat on the monitor and it was only 101, where they want it at 120. So I have another appt next week to check. I was in around 6 weeks for my first and her heartbeat was fine, so this is definitely concerning. My Dr basically said I have a 50\50 chance. I'm not really sure how to feel right now. I want to feel sad, but I don't want to mourn if the baby will be OK. Then again, I don't want to get my hopes up.

In having fatigue and am nauseated most of the time, so that's a good sign. No spotting or anything.

17. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Oh no, what an awful limbo to be in! Sending lots of good wishes to you and your baby - hoping everything will turn out fine.

18. LibbyLou

kiwi / 739 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: sticky thoughts!

19. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ms.line: Awwww! How long is he gone? Thank you for starting the list!

@kiddosc: sending sticky vibes your way! It's so hard when spotting can either be totally normal or something to worry about. Most of the time, though, it's totally normal, so fx! (Though I can 100% understand the paranoia)

@abbydabbydoodlebug: big hugs and lots of sticky thoughts for you. I really hope everything looks good next week!

20. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

@ms.line: my husband just got back from 2 weeks over seas, so I've been playing that same violin for myself.

@CObee: yay!! I got mine right around the same time and was happy!!

@ms.line: thanks for starting the list!

@kiddosc: spotting is so so normal, esp if it isn't getting heavy. But call your doc if you're worried. You might get a bonus ultrasound?

@abbydabbydoodlebug: my DDs heart beat at 6w4d was 106. She's a happy toddler now, and had a heartbeat in the 170s for the rest of the pregnancy. I hate that you feel in limbo but don't count yourself out yet!!

21. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@ms.line: @LibbyLou: @Crystal: Thank you! It's helpful to share how I'm feeling when I can't really do that in real life since I haven't told many people and a lot wouldn't "get it"anyway.

@NeonPink1234: that's really reassuring to hear! Hopefully, this little nugget will be fine.

22. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

AFM I felt like crap all day yesterday and was super nauseous. I was pretty relieved to have symptoms, but it hit me how I felt like that with DD from 6-20 weeks, and I'm not sure I can do that for the next 14. I'm sure if I feel okay one day, though, I'll just panic instead if enjoying it.

Morning sickness for me is everything but morning. I feel great when I wake up and about the first hour. Then it gets worse and worse and until I go to bed.

Anyone sick yet?

23. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: hmm thAt heart rate doesn't seem low to me...

24. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: a jan mom just thread stalking and I wanted to say that at 6 weeks, my little nugget had a HB of 99 and the doc said it was totally fine. It's now up to 171 at 12 weeks with a perfect NT scan yesterday. I think you'll be fine!

25. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

I had my first doc appt. I asked for a dating ultrasound and she said no. I'm pretty annoyed. I'm going to call back today and say I want one. Not only am I not sure if LMP, but I've only had two cycles since stopping breastfeeding so they weren't regular yet. Ugh. Canada health care is free but really is not all that great, IMO!

26. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Stay positive! So many doctors have so many different opinions. Prayers

27. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@kiddosc: I'm sure everything will be fine. I know it's hard not to worry, I'm right there with you. Every time my toddler climbs on me, I wonder if I am hurting the baby.

28. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: yikes. i am planning to go to the walk in clinic where i did my blood test to confirm the pregnancy and ask for a dating ultrasound. i didn't imagine they might say no!

29. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

Hi all - excited to join you here!

EDD: Feb 28

How far along: 4 weeks

First child? No - we have a 2.5 yr old
    Daughter

First doctor appointment: had a blood test yesterday at 14 dpo b/c I asked since my progesterone was low last time. It was 14.2 so they put me on Prometrium and I go back Mon to retest. First ultrasound on 7/21

Any symptoms so far? Very sore breasts, Fatigue, frequent urination and some nausea. Had some heaves when brushing my teeth today - not looking forward to more of that!

Who have you told? Just my husband so far

30. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

@fancyfunction: welcome!! I can't brush my tongue without gagging. That lasted the entire pregnancy for me last time. Im not looking forward to that!

31. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@crystal: It's only a 4 day trip - he'll be back on Saturday. I usually wouldn't really care at all but my anxiety is so out of control. Two weeks is a long time, @neonpink1234! Glad he's safely back now.

@Mrs. Champagne: They just said no!? Super annoying!

@fancyfunction: Congrats!

I'M SO HUNGRY. I've been a bottomless pit since Monday. I've had a couple of queasy days, but it's very hit or miss (and doesn't make me want to stop eating!)

32. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@ms.line: I was thinking more along the lines of maybe too much activity irritated something and caused the spotting? Either way, there hasn't been any today so I'm hoping it was just a fluke.

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I can imagine it's going to be a long week for you. I'm praying that everything turns out alright for you and LO.

@fancyfunction: Congratulations! The only time I threw up with my first pregnancy was when I brushed my teeth, so not fun!

33. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@kiddosc: Glad to hear it's stopped!

34. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Oh wow, thanks everyone for the positive news! I belive my first lo had a heartbeat of 118 at 6 weeks and a few days. This definitely makes me feel better about the situation.

35. misolee

persimmon / 1345 posts

still so early but I'm cautiously writing in.

EDD: Feb 26-28
    How far along: 4 weeks
    First child? No - we have a 2.5 yr old
    Daughter
    First doctor appointment: had a blood test on 16dpo and another one at 18 dpo to check my betas and progesterone. Came out good! First ultrasound prob next week or the week after. Still at the RE office.
    Any symptoms so far? not really. Didn't have any with my first either.
    Who have you told? Husband and my mom bc she's a nurse.

Last time I was pregnant after I had my LO I ended up m/c at 7 weeks. So I'm anxious. Taking it day by day.

36. LibbyLou

kiwi / 739 posts

@misolee: welcome!!

37. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

@misolee: welcome!

38. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

February 2016 Mamas

February 1: mrsclownfish (#2), zombiebullfrogholler (#2)
    February 5: mrskrumpet (#2)
    February 7: goosebee (#1)
    February 8: abbydabbydoodlebug (#2)
    February 11: emilie765 (#2)
    February 12: neonpink1234 (#2)
    February 13: californiadreams (#2)
    February 14: ladybee (#2)
    February 19: mrs. champagne (#2)
    February 22: cobee (#2)
    February 23: libbylou (#1), temperancebrennan (#1)
    February 24: kiddosc (#2)
    February 26: ms.line (#1), misolee (#2)
    February 28: crystal (#1), fancyfunction (#2)

39. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ms.line: are you,feeling a lot of symptoms? I have yet to have a single one yet! I really want something so it feels more real!

@kiddosc: glad to hear it's stopped! I hope you are taking it easy.

@misolee: welcome! I had a mc before as well, so I'm just trying to have faith and stay stress free. We can support each other through it.

Got my beta results back today. On Friday it was a 7 (!!! Can't believe a FRER caught it!), Tuesday was 53. Doubling time of 35ish hours, so things are looking good so far. Still very very nervous though.

40. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal: Hooray for doubling betas! Great news.

I've definitely been having noticeable symptoms, but I've heard a lot of women don't have any during early pregnancy. Hopefully you get MS soon!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee