Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2016 moms!!

1. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ms.line: lol, thanks!

How are you feeling? Still super hungry?

2. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

I called my doc back today. She said no to the dating ultrasound. So basically I get nothing until 13 weeks. I'm pretty upset and going to switch doctors, if I can find one accepting new patients.

Also, tonight I took my son down a slide and it was SO fast and I landed right on my butt. I'm sure it's ok, but freaking me out a bit!!

3. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: oh no! I'm sure youre ok, but that has to hurt.

I can't believe they won't let you do the dating ultrasound!

4. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@Crystal: I'm really annoyed. I'm in a small town in Canada, and it's tricky to switch doctors (we see our regular family doctor until the third trimester). I'm going to call around on Monday and see if anyone is accepting new patients. Even if it's too late to be sent for a dating us, I won't enjoy any appointment with this doctor. She is covering for my regular doctor while she's on Mat leave. My regular doc sent me for a dating ultrasound right away last time. Annoying

5. LibbyLou

kiwi / 739 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: how frustrating. I would be ticked. Hopefully another will be taking new patients.

6. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: how long until your regular dr comes back?

7. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@Crystal: not for a while. She was due with twins in July and I'm not sure fu have been born yet!

8. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: that is so frustrating!!

Besides that one day that I was really sick, I was a little sick the next day and then totally fine. I'm not sure how people handle this. Most of my friends had no symptoms. They said if they weren't trying they'd have never known. Being sick was the only thing that made me know DD was still inside. How did they not spend 3 months worrying? Lol.

9. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@NeonPink1234: I don't feel sick now and didn't really with my son either! Occasionally felt bad if I didn't eat enough, but never threw up.

I worried a lot and am again this time.

10. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: which is why someone should give you aq dating ultrasound. Have you thought about renting a fetal doppler? It would cause some people even more anxiety, so I totally get not wanting one. But most people can pick it up at 10 weeks, and many claim 8 weeks.

11. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@NeonPink1234: I think I would have more anxiety with it! I have an appointment around 10 weeks so I'm hoping she will do the Doppler then. Although now I'm thinking she will say "too early. Won't try". hoping I can get a new doc instead of this lady!

12. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: dang it! I was hoping she'd be back soon. I definitely think it's time for a new dr.

@NeonPink1234: I'm struggling with this right now. Granted, I'm 4 week, 5 days, but I am analyzing every little feeling hoping for a symptom that will make me feel more confident this is actually happening. My mother had extremely easy pregnancies, with little to no symptoms, so I'm not sure how it will manifest for me yet. I'm really, truly, wishing for nausea or something I can hold on to.

(My boobs are becoming a little more sore, but I can't tell if it's from hormones or me constantly manhandling them to check and see if they are sore yet)

13. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: That sucks that you can't see your regular doc for a while!!! I feel like piece of mind is so important for a pregnant woman!

@Crystal: @NeonPink1234: I hate how varied symptoms can be! I I don't want to suffer with morning sickness, but I wish there was something to tell me that things are going smoothly!

I survived a weekend with lots of friends and lots of drinking - fingers crossed no one suspects anything! It's kind of fun having this secret, but I will be relieved when everyone knows.

14. LibbyLou

kiwi / 739 posts

@TemperanceBrennan: way to go! I'm the same way. I had a wedding that went well, and now I'm on a vacation with family. Dying to tell but waiting til after first US. Fake drinking is working so far.
    6weeks and very few symptoms. Starting to worry. Next Thursday can't come quick enough!

15. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@LibbyLou: Ha! It's funny how we're in the exact same boat. My appointment is July 22 - can't get here soon enough!

16. LibbyLou

kiwi / 739 posts

@TemperanceBrennan: I know I was so excited my appointment was early but then I found out it's just a NP going over pregnancy.

I work around radiation quite a bit and will have a hard time hiding from my customers, I'm going to ask for an ultrasound so I feel better telling people. Hoping i can talk my way into an early one!

17. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@LibbyLou: Good luck! I have my fingers crossed for you!

18. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

At the wedding I went to this weekend, I totally got called out for being pregnant! I was trying to "fake drink," but my friends all took note when I didn't drink my champagne or partake in any shots with them. Oh well!

Went in for my first ultrasound today - they were able to see the gestational sac and the yolk sac, and I'm measuring one day ahead. Not too exciting, but I'll take it! My 8 week u/s is July 16 - can't wait!

Evidence of Baby Line:

19. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@ms.line: Yay for ultrasounds! So happy everything looks good.

20. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@TemperanceBrennan: Thanks! I second your yay - today my RE asked me if I wanted to skip the 8 week u/s and I was like NO WAY! I think I'd have one every day if it were possible. @libbylou, I hope you're able to talk your way into one at your first appointment!

21. LibbyLou

kiwi / 739 posts

@ms.line: awesome!! How many weeks are you?

22. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@LibbyLou: Based on my charting I'm 5w3d, but I'm measuring 5w4d. Just a little behind you!

23. CObee

cherry / 189 posts

Wow seems like most ladies in this group are escaping morning sickness so far! I was like you girls, wishing for it, and I got my wish. Been nauseous for about six days now and while I'm so thankful to have a sign that things are going well (it started pretty much right at 5 weeks, right when it did with my dd), man it sucks! Still wouldn't give it up, I guess, for peace of mind

@TemperanceBrennan: @LibbyLou: nice job on the fake drinking! I went to dinner with some friends last week where one of them announced she was 10 weeks pregnant and we joked about knowing when she came over to our house a few weeks ago and didn't drink... Then I looked around and I was the only other one without a drink... they probably totally know. I wanted so badly to tell them and commiserate about the nausea!

@ms.line: so funny that they caught you! I bet it's fun to let the cat out of the bag a little and beautiful first ultrasound!! I'm so jealous, two weeks to go for mine

24. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@CObee: Oh no, sorry to hear you've been sick! But I'm sure it is reassuring. Why can't we all be nauseous for just like, 10 minutes every day?

I bet your friends do suspect you! When do you plan on sharing the news? It will be fun to have people to commiserate with.

Apparently I'm too much of party girl for there to be ANY OTHER plausible reason for not drinking. I kept making excuses: I'm trying to lose weight, I'm trying to be healthier, I'm too tired! And they were like, uhhh.. yeah, right! It was fun to confess, though - they were so drunk and excited!

25. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@ms.line: Yay for pictures!

@LibbyLou: My first appt is next Thursday too, but also just with the NP. I'm really going to push for an early ultrasound, I want to see that everything is ok. The scheduler said they don't do them when LMP is known, but maybe they will if people ask for them?

@TemperanceBrennan: I fake drinked my way through a tailgate and baseball game for my birthday yesterday. The guys were really pushing to get me to do shots... but being guys, I doubt they suspected why I wouldn't.

@CObee: nausea really is a no win situation. Either you don't have any and you're paranoid, or you do have some and you feel crummy. I think I'm on my way to joining you on the MS train though. I'm trying to think of what to make for dinner and nothing sounds appealing.

26. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

@ms.line: great news!

Had my second blood test today and just got off the phone with my dr. My progesterone has doubled - yay Prometrium! And my betas went from 145 on Wed to 980 today so they're pleased with that as well as she said today's range should be anywhere from 550-1100. She had me a bit nervous though as there was a huge build up before she told me my numbers! But now I can relax a bit and enjoy our family vacation later this week.

27. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@fancyfunction: Hooray for good betas! Don't you hate when they drag out the news? Have a great time on vacation!

28. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

@ms.line: thank you! My heart was pounding as she spoke!

29. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@fancyfunction: awesome betas!

30. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@kiddosc: Guys can be so oblivious! I drove a friend home that night and halfway to his house, he was like "WAIT! Why are you driving? You should be drunk!" And then he just shrugged and changed the subject.

@fancyfunction: Great news!

31. CObee

cherry / 189 posts

@ms.line: 10 minutes of nausea a day would be perfect! I'll probably tell everyone I see after we have our first ultrasound at 8 weeks, if everything looks ok!

@kiddosc: so true about it being no-win. Hope yours comes but is super mild and easy, just enough to put your mind at ease

@fancyfunction: those numbers are great! Hope you have a great vacation!

32. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Oh I'm totally having nausea over here. It's just this mild irritating feeling coupled with exhaustion. Pure, utter exhaustion. We just moved and I've barely unpacked. Dh has been doing most of the work. Ugh, it's awful. I hate being pregnant already. Lol.

33. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

@kiddosc: @TemperanceBrennan: @CObee: thank you all!
    We're taking M to Hershey and Sesame so I'm excited for her

34. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

Is anyone else FREEZING? I forgot about this from my first pregnancy, but I was and am so cold all the time now.

35. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

@kiddosc: Not me - at night when we're in bed watching TV, my husband always says that my body is on fire! I feel like I'm radiating heat like last time

36. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@kiddosc @fancyfuction: Haha, yes to both! I feel freezing cold all. the. time. but the other night my husband remarked on how warm I felt! Weird.

37. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@ms.line: It's probably like getting the chills when you have a fever? Your body is warmer so the air temp feels colder? Sounds totally plausible, right!

38. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

@ms.line: yay for a good ultrasound!!

@CObee: mine is going in waves. Had a few all days, which were bad, but other times where I feel fine. I've learned I have to eat first thing or I'm screwed. This is so so different than with DD. I was sick 24/7 regardless of whether or not I ate. Another reason to think it's a boy. I just hope there's a "it" in there. Congrats on the tww now

@ms.line: I've told all the friends that I see and its made it so much easier! Id tell them if anything bad happened too so we shared right away.

@kiddosc: ugh, food aversions. The worst is when you are dying for something and then you spend forever making it and you don't want it anymore.

@fancyfunction: yay!! Those numbers sound wonderful! Time to celebrate the first milestone on vacation!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: so tired!! I have this bad cold so I'm not sleeping well anyway. But toddler + first trimester + work ... How do people survive?

39. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

@kiddosc: I didn't think about it, but I am! I can't handle hot with the nausea, and its been really hot here. But in air conditioning I'm so cold!

40. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

AFM I have good days and bad. Yesterday was great. Sunday I learned a valuable lesson to eat right away and watermelon isn't enough. I was throwing up until lunch. I can't handle the smell of coffee (a previous favorite, that never bothered me when pregnant with DD despite being so sick) DH had to pour his coffee out in the car bc I couldnt ride without throwing up.

But of course, felt fine today and boobs are no longer sore so I worried. Work wanted to go to a sushi restaurant for lunch and I tried to get out of it (I can't handle seafood right now, another previous favorite) but got pressured into it. Had general tsos chicken and feel so nauseous. Just really want fruit mostly.

One week left until the appt. So weird we've known for over 4 weeks now.

Lastly, any second time moms legit showing? I'm 7 weeks and look like I did at 20/22 with DD. This is ridiculous!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee