pear / 1881 posts

@josina: YAY! Girls are SO awesome!

3. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@josina: yay!!

4. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@josina: congratulations!!!

We are having another boy! It's so nice to finally know and start planning. We've been talking names and nursery ideas and I'm so excited.

Appointment went well though he is breech and something with the placenta that I didn't catch. It's too early to be concerned because it's likely to all resolve itself before too long. AND I am probably going to be able to start bi-weekly appointments at 30 weeks instead of 28 because I'm on a weird appointment schedule right now (18, 22, 26). Fingers crossed that doesn't change.

5. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@gilmoregirl: yay for brothers, and a good appointment!

6. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@josina: YAY! Congrats on your girl!! @gilmoregirl: woo! Brothers! Congrats!

7. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: sounds like we might have something similar. My midwife told me I have a low lying placenta, but that it's very common and often resolves itself. She said I'll have to have an ultrasound at 32-34 weeks to see if it's resolved.

8. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@josina: yay!! Girl!!!!
    @gilmoregirl: yay!! Boy!!

9. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@NorthStar: @nana87: @gilmoregirl: @gentlelunette: @Ajsmommy: Thanks! We are super excited. I had to go buy my first girl outfit last night, so fun to shop in the girl department!

@gilmoregirl: LO is also breech right now, but they said there is plenty of time for her to flip around. Maybe I'll get another US out of it? Tech was talking about my placenta as well, I think it was in front of baby, but she said it didn't matter where it was as long as it isn't right over the cervix.

It was so fun to watch LO move around, at one point she had her toes all the way up by her face, and then would be sitting indian style. She moved all the right ways for the tech to get pics.
    EDD from US was 2/24 (2 days later) but Dr is keeping my date the same. She is actually going to be on maternity leave until I am 39 weeks, hopefully baby stays put so she can deliver this baby too.
    Sorry for the novel.

10. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Feb 3 - WifeMama24 (#1)
    Feb 5 - MrsA (#2) ; Beehive (#2)
    Feb 6 - Gilmoregirl (#2) ; nana87 (#2)
    Feb 7 - Maggierose (#2)
    Feb 9 - deerylou (#2)
    Feb 11 - LML (#3 & #4) ; TBUZZ (#3 & #4)
    Feb 14 - gentlelunette (#2)
    Feb 14 - babybean404 (#2)
    Feb 16 - NorthStar (#2) U/S: 10/6
    Feb 16 - pumuckl (#3 & #4) A/S: 10/7; MFM Scan: 10/11
    Feb 22 - josina (#2)
    Feb 23 - Ajsmommy (#2)
    Feb 24 - Wyattnewbabysmama (#2)

11. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@josina: So fun to watch them move around! I have my ultrasound in 2 hours and I'm SO nervous! I hope everything checks out ok.

When you feel your baby, where are you feeling it? The movements that I get have been SO low! I don't remember them being this low last time.

12. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@josina: aah so cute that her toes were in her face!! I love when they do real "baby" things during an u/s, our girl was sucking her thumb during the last scan I think my favorite though was during my first pregnancy, we kept catching lo1 picking her nose, lol.

Also, lo1 was breech at 32 weeks or something like that and def had time to turn on her own. There's so much room to move around at this stage that it's not a worry!

@NorthStar: at first I thought I was feeling her a lot higher, but last night in particular, I was getting thumped SUPER low!

13. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@NorthStar: I've been feeling her fairly low, probably half way between my belly button and top of my jean waist line? Mostly on the left side which is where her head/arms seem to be.

14. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@josina: Mine is like 3 inches below my belly button! Seriously, near my Csection scar. Makes me curious about the placing of the placenta and what they will find on the ultrasound, but from what I've read online, it can be fairly normal.

15. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@NorthStar: Hope your US goes well!!

16. WifeMama24

grape / 90 posts

Joining in a little late but here I am, Due date is 2/3 and found out we are having a BOY!!! Congrats to everyone on this board, wishing you all happy and healthy rest of the pregnancy!!! 23 weeks today

17. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@josina: hope your ultrasound goes well today!!

@WifeMama24: welcome and congrats on your boy!! Is this your first?

18. WifeMama24

grape / 90 posts

@gentlelunette: Thanks! Yup its my first

19. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@WifeMama24: Yay for more February momma's. And our first first-time mom!! Added you to our list.
    @gentlelunette: Thanks - it was yesterday and went perfectly!

20. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@josina: lol, sorry!! That was many for @NorthStar: I clicked the wrong person to reply to 😛

21. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: @josina: yeah, this was something with size and placement. Slightly large so increased chances of previa, I guess? They were unconcerned and I was not paying close attention because they led with "everything looks great." I just want it to stay great so I can do two more months of monthly appointments instead of just one!

22. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@WifeMama24: welcome! Congrats on your boy!

23. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@gentlelunette: it went well and they sent us home with a CD with some pics and a video! Still team green here! Lol (although, I swear I saw a penis!)

24. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@NorthStar: good luck at your appointment! Hope everything goes well.

25. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@NorthStar: awww, what a cutie!

@gilmoregirl: my MF wasn't concerned either. She said typically it resolves when the uterus moves further up. I think my measurement was 1.6 cm, and they want to see 2cm+ away from cervical opening. She said it's super common.

26. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: yeah I got some slightly raised eyebrows over the size but everything was brushed off so I'm not thinking about it. My son was estimated large and wasn't teeny but the estimates were plenty wrong. And actually come to think of it, all of the medical folks in L&D with some son were commenting on my giant placenta (ew) so I think it's just how my body does.

27. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

So I totally forgot to update yesterday...
    The twins looked really good on the u/s. They are both measuring a little ahead which I'll take as a good sign especially since it's twins. They were both measured to weigh about a lbs each. And it's officially boy and girl now. B was really excited about the 3d picture she took of each of the two. I think it made it more real for him. J was pointing at the pictures and saying "baby" but then quickly went back to playing
    Also cervix was still long and all closed up so I get to keep up with working which makes me happy.

28. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@WifeMama24: welcome!
    I'm so behind here!! Let's see...@josina: yay girl!! So fun!
    @Pumuckl: boy and girl and both healthy...great update!
    @gentlelunette: My placenta was measuring within millimeters of the cervix and now it's 4 cm. Plenty of time to move! Glad they're reassuring you.
    @NorthStar: glad for a great appt!

I'm feeling this little boy a ton now, and I even saw his kicks from the outside yesterday I got a video of him thumping. He's gotta chill...4 more months for him to get even stronger!

29. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

I'm loving all these updates! Hooray for great ultrasounds.

30. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@MrsA: I'm feeling SO much movement. This little girl is non-stop, just like her older sister. Lol. DH can sometimes feel the big thumps if he's lucky. It's crazy how strong they are already. At 21.5 weeks, my babe isn't even a pound yet. Her kicks are packing some serious power!

31. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

So many good appointments!

@gentlelunette: @MrsA: I'm feeling a ton of movement in the past few days but I also think this LO is a bit less active than my son. It might be wishful thinking - my son never stopped moving as a baby, was terrible at napping and walked at nine months. I am soooo hoping for a slightly less active little guy this time or I am in big trouble

32. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

I'm also feeling some movement, but not a ton. I definitely notice it more when I am not moving around. Is anyone having rib pain yet? I am only 5'3", so I am not by tall by any means, but this baby is already pushing on my ribs! I don't remember being this sore until the last month with DD. It is going to be a long few months if this continues!

33. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

I'm feeling quite a bit of movement now but DH hasn't been able to catch it yet although I think they're powerful enough.
    I had said at 18 weeks with DS that he was 'quite the little mover'. It has taken longer for DD to get that way, and I'm not sure she moves AS much. I can only hope she'll be a better sleeper!

I'm super excited - just ordered all of the fabric for two matching quilts for DS and DD (that my MIL is making).
    This is the general pattern: (the nursery is woodland-themed)

34. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@josina: Those are SO cute! I can't wait until DD and DH can feel this baby! DD keeps kissing my belly, giving it hugs and telling the baby that she loves it. Melts my heart.

35. WyattnewbabysMama

olive / 59 posts

@josina: I looooove those fabrics! Can't wait to see the finished products.

I'm finally feeling movement over here. Not a lot but I think I've felt her once or twice. Last Wednesday at my last appointment, her heartbeat was fine so my doctor said not to worry about not yet feeling movement.

My 20 week anatomy scan is Wednesday (when I'll be 21 weeks but oh well). I can't wait!

36. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

Has anyone else been feeling extra tired lately? I'm so exhausted! I've had to nap like everyday for the past 5 or so days, which is not so conducive to being productive at work...! Luckily I can work from home if I need to, but today I can't, I teach during the middle of the day when I'm normally at my lowest energy level, so I'm worried I'm not going to make it!

@WyattnewbabysMama: good luck with your a/s today!

@NorthStar: awwww love the sibling love! lo does this occasionally too, totally the best!

@josina: those are so pretty!

@Pumuckl: @NorthStar: yay for great appointments!

@WifeMama24: welcome!

37. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@WyattnewbabysMama: hope your scan goes well today!

@nana87: I am completely EXHAUSTED. All of the time. I go to bed at 8:30 most nights. I'm also just not sleeping well, between sore hips, baby kicks and small bladder syndrome. It's terrible! I might talk to my midwife at my next appointment and see if I should have my iron checked.

38. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@nana87: I actually haven't been too tired. My husband is in an MBA class, so I've been like a mad woman at night getting stuff done around the house while he does school work. Maybe like @gentlelunette: said, have you iron levels checked? I would definitely expect to be tired, but you should be able to function!

39. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@nana87: yes, so tired! I did ask my OB about checking my iron levels and she said "You're chasing a toddler, growing a baby, and working full time. You're doing ok." Ok, then!
    I also have a cold so that's contributing. I'm off next week between jobs and people keep asking what I'm going to do and my answers are usually nap, sit on the couch, and be bored.

40. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@nana87: yes to regular naps! Actually being busy at work gets me through the day better than when I work at home. My iron levels get checked every two months as part of the regular pregnancy appointments. My levels were extremely borderline but I am skipping the supplements for now since I usually don't react too well to them.

My appointment with the MFM at the hospital yesterday was great. The doc was great and really thorough. She also explained everything she was seeing and that was very reassuring. Both kiddos got the all clear and they were now finally 100% confirmed to be & Now on to finding names.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee