Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 POAS

1. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

I am so frustrated right now! The RE's office called me back and left a voicemail and were like "See you tomorrow for your CD2 blood work." And I called back and was like "I'm having this luteal phase issue that I never had before Clomid, and I feel like I should have a conversation about it with Dr. W---." And they're just like "Oh so you want to cancel the appointment tomorrow? You'll have to call the appointment line to see Dr. W---."

What the ever living hell? They had absolutely no help or advice to offer, just that sometimes Clomid "can change your cycle." I was like "to the point that my luteal phase is so short as to prevent implantation?" They're like "I don't know, you'll have to discuss that with Dr. W---."

I just don't get how the doc isn't already aware of my luteal phase issue - at least in the first month on Clomid! Is he even looking at my charts and results? Does he even know? Like, he is the doctor - he should be telling ME if I need to come in for an appointment. I just basically have to figure it out on my own.

I'm so frustrated and I hate my body and I can't stop crying at work and this is awful.

And on top of it my husband lost his phone this weekend so I can't even text him and tell him how I'm feeling and that I started my period today. I have to work late and I won't even see him until after 7.

2. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@bizwitch: I'm so sorry. Sounds like a nightmare day. Sending you hugs.

3. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@jhd: Thanks.

I know many people on this board have had even more frustrating and traumatizing journeys than mine, and I know I'm whining a lot today.

I am just so over all of this. And aside from you guys, I feel so alone.

4. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@bizwitch: I'm so so sorry for how things have been playing out.

5. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@bizwitch: I'm sorry, this is a lot to deal with

6. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@bizwitch: please whine away! Actually you don't even sound whiny at all. I am super frustrated on your behalf!!

7. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

I had also left a voicemail directly with the assistant of my RE doc. She called back and was like "yeah you should definitely come in to talk with him about that." She even offered me an appointment for tomorrow because someone canceled. But Tuesdays are the one day of the week that I can't leave work, so I'll have to stick w/ the appointment I had made earlier, on March 8.

8. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@bizwitch: Are you going to do CD2 bloodwork/ultrasound and try for another clomid cycle or are you calling it until you can see the doctor and get a sense of whats going on?

9. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@knittylady @snarkybiochemist @mrsbubbletea: Thanks ladies. It really helps to have you guys to vent to.

Today I am filling in for our evening news anchor so I have to pull myself together and talk on the radio knowing that something like 200,000 people are listening.

10. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@bizwitch: I am really glad someone is responsive finally but I wish you could get in sooner. I can just imagine how this feels to you when you've been trying so long and it's like one bump in the road after another. I just read back a page and I just want to reiterate that you are NOT BEING PUNISHED and this is NOT YOUR FAULT!!!

11. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I am not going to do Clomid this cycle. Considering just sitting out altogether and doing a cycle of NTNP. I'll probably still want to BD around O but I'm not going to put pressure on myself or DH.

12. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrsbubbletea: Thanks.

13. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bizwitch: I'm sorry, this sounds so frustrating, and you are not whining at all.

I feel like having to go through the stress of finding a good doctor just adds insult to injury when it comes to infertility. I'm sure this is true more generally for dealing with the medical system. I like the hospital my RE is at but have been underwhelmed by some of our interactions and may be in the market for a new one (in the same clinic, since that's what my insurance covers). Do you have an option to switch if you continue to be unhappy with yours?

14. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@bizwitch: Sounds like it might be a good idea, give you a chance to figure things out with the doctor.

15. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: I think there is at least one other RE in that office. Other than that my choices are limited. We live in a town where there is basically one big combined insurance company/provider and you get what they offer or you don't get care.

I was feeling hopeful as my friend got pregnant w/ this doc through IVF. It's a different situation but I guess I took that as a good sign.

I'm seriously ready to apply for foster-to-adopt. I can't handle the disappointment anymore.

16. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@bizwitch: don't dwell on the past, sweetie! Your choices were totally understandable and the universe is not punishing you for them.

17. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bizwitch: I have my fingers crossed that things come together soon, whether it's through biology or foster to adopt. I'm so sorry that it's been such a long journey

18. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: Thanks.

How are you feeling today?

19. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bizwitch: Thanks! I also spent too much time crying at my desk today, I think no particular reason besides messed up hormones (sure I'm down about TTC but that's not new). Got that out of my system and feel fine now. Recovery has been pretty straightforward, I still feel a bit drained but to be expected...

20. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bizwitch: how frustrating! Hopefully your doctor can provide some answers soon.

21. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I'm on day 4 of Provera and the first 2 days I was super tired, now I feel depressed and bloated. Not a fan of this stuff!! I'm thinking about stopping it but I'd like to get my period.

22. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@mrskansas: ugh that stinks. i hope AF shows up soon.

23. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

Af due tomorrow and I have the cramps for it so not feeling too hopeful. The good news is I haven't tested! I'm thinking of testing first thing so I'm prepared for af... also because of the b complex and acupuncture to lengthen my LP it's possible af won't come tomorrow but not because I'm pregnant. I don't want to get my hopes up in that case...

24. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@knittylady:

@mrskansas: yuck, hope it works soon.

25. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@knittylady: good luck!

26. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@knittylady: I'd test in the morning!! Good luck mama

27. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@knittylady: good luck

28. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@mrskansas: I hope the Provera starts working soon!
    @knittylady:
    @periwinklebee: sorry about the hard day at work. Loss can be so lonely

29. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

CD 1... chocolate chips right out of the bag and Game of Thrones on the TV

30. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@azjax: Yes definitely. And the hormones, argh, definitely don't help...Thank you

31. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@bizwitch: I may have been eating the same choc chips earlier today while grading papers. Hope the chocolate helps just a little!

32. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@bizwitch: just read your posts. Sending you hugs! ❤❤❤

33. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

I tried to drink this weekend for my bff's wedding and couldn't get past a sip of champagne. Ah well!

We've decided to NTNP moving forward. Getting my labs and pelvic ultrasound next week and I'm looking forward to answers. I'm over the stress of it all!

34. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

this morning at 12 DPO. So af will be here today most likely or tomorrow (or later?????) if I was successful in lengthening my 11 day LP- which could be a silver lining if it happens. Trying to be happy about Bikram yoga for the next two weeks and accept that all of this is part of the process...

And then I remember that it all just sucks. to all you ladies. I can't wait for us all to be on the other side of this- whatever that looks like.

35. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@knittylady: I'm sorry I hope that March is your month!

36. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@knittylady: Sorry about the BFN

37. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@knittylady: sorry about the BFN. We are all here for you and hoping for the best. Sweating it out at Bikram sounds fun, but then again it is 20F today, LOL.

38. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@knittylady: Sorry sister, but at least your LP is lengthening?

Bikram sounds... awful. LOL. But I'm glad you like it and have something that helps you feel good. I get annoyed whenever the yoga room is at like 75 degrees, even in the winter. Too hot! If I'm cold I'll put on a sweater.

39. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@Properpie: Congrats!! Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy!!

40. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

Negative this morning for me at 10 dpo. I couldn't wait any longer to test

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee