Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 POAS

1. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: Good luck today. Much love to you.

2. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bizwitch: Thank you!

3. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@mrskansas: I'm always lurking here. Sending you mama!!

4. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@periwinklebee: thinking of you today. Sending love.

5. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@periwinklebee: Thinking of you today!

6. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@periwinklebee: Good luck today! Remember to take it easy for the next few days even if you feel physically fine.

7. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@knittylady: @mrskansas: @Banana330: Thank you guys The support here has been amazing - this would have definitely been a harder process without it.

8. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I keep trying to tag everyone but it won't let me for some reason.

Thank you all for the support It really means a lot. I don't think we're necessarily done TTC permanently, but we want to take a break for a couple months to let my body reset and heal from the past 5 months. On top of that, I weighed more at the visit yesterday than I did when I was 2 months postpartum That was a big wake up call to get myself back to normal. Any tips on stopping the emotional eating?! Haha

9. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@periwinklebee: thinking of you today and sending hugs

@mrskansas: I think it's a great plan to take a break and take care of yourself. 🙂 I'm an emotional eater too, so Im also struggling with the weight gain that came with TTC and it's disappointments. So doing the Beach Body program has helped me a lot. And this board! 😬

10. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@madisonbee: it's hard! I just need to start counting calories again and stick with it. I'm a relatively thin person so with this extra weight I have a feeling people are wondering if I am pregnant, lol. Plus, it's starting to get warmer here and I would like to be able to wear my spring & summer clothes!

Did you test this morning?

11. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@periwinklebee: Good luck today! I hope you are able to get some closure and start healing. Sending healing thoughts your way.

12. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

Had the HSG yesterday. I was really happy they let DH come in with me for the placement of the catheter. He was really helpful. They told me at the beginning of the procedure that they wouldn't be able to give me the full results, because I guess the radiologist reviews the X-ray and then writes a report that is then sent to my Dr. and then the Dr. goes over the full results with me at the follow up appointment. They also turned the monitor away from me so I couldn't see. However they did say there was good spillage on both sides and the tubes were open, I saw the radiologist give two thumbs up through the window, so that is at least a so far so good sign I think. As for the pain/comfort of the procedure, it was pretty much exactly what I expected, with the exception of the placement of the catheter which was surprisingly not as bad as I thought it would be.

13. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@Tionn3: That's great DH was able to stay with you. I'm sure that helped. And the two thumbs sounds promising! I hope you get good news soon and have a restful weekend after all that!

14. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Tionn3: Glad things went well.
    @mrskansas: @madisonbee: I am such an emotional eater too, and I am really hard to recognize it and come up with an alternative activity.

15. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: this morning on CB digital. I expected it so I'm not as disappointed. I already messaged my OBGYN to get my appointment set up for labs and pelvic ultrasound. Now I'm looking forward to having a drink this weekend for my best friend's wedding. I haven't had one since I stopped the pill in September. I think I deserve it! Lol

16. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@madisonbee: Yes you do! Enjoy it!!

17. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@mrskansas: ugh emotional eating. I've gained weight since starting ttc, for most people with kids that would be pregnancy weight for me it was all ttc/infertility/chemicals weight. it is just really hard, I hope your break gives you a chance to feel better!

18. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bhbee: thank you! and yes, it is so hard. I lost 70 pounds after I had my daughter (within 6 months) and felt and looked great up until September. So all of my weight gain is also from TTC/losses.

19. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@madisonbee: You totally deserve that drink

20. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@madisonbee: Ill be doing a virtual cheers!

21. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@Tionn3: Glad you got your procedure over with! Hope the results soon are helpful.

22. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

CD 16 and finally got a positive opk. Last month it was CD 13 so I was getting anxious!

23. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@jhd: good luck!!

24. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@mrskansas: thank you.

25. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@jhd: wonderful! Enjoy (hardy har har)!

26. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@jhd: looks great, good luck this weekend

27. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist @mrskansas @madisonbee: I can be an emotional eater too. My thing is always sweets - I just start and I can't stop. So at the beginning of this year I gave myself a two week sweets moratorium. I wouldn't even allow myself a muffin. Anything that might satisfy/trigger my sweet tooth was off limits. Fruit was the closest to dessert I got. Then on the 13th we had my husband's birthday party, which I had made a cake for. And wouldn't you know it by the time that finally rolled around I wasn't even that interested in having a slice of cake! I had a bite or two of my husband's but never ended up serving myself a slice. I feel like even a month later I'm still able to resist sweets way more than ever before. So maybe if there are certain trigger foods you know you tend to overeat, give yourself a two week break from them (or in my case - 12 days). It's not that long but it really does make a difference!

28. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Holy crap 70 pounds! Tell me your secrets!

I'm currently on like, the three year plan for losing weight/getting healthier. Meaning I'm not making any drastic changes, but I am trying to make small, subtle improvements in my diet and exercise habits. Have taken up running again and I'm really going to try to stick with it and be a "runner" for life. The longest I've really stuck with running is a year and a half. I didn't really lose weight because I hadn't made any diet changes but I looked and felt better. My butt and legs looked AMAZING. Then we moved to a hilly neighborhood and I quit. *womp womp*

29. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@jhd: woohoo!

30. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@madisonbee: September! Yeah girl, get thee to a glass of wine immediately! But probably just one since you're likely to be a lightweight now, LOL!

31. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Tionn3: I took a picture of my HSG screen afterwards - I wanted to know what it looked like. Anyone interested in seeing it? It's kind of cool... my uterus looks like a flying saucer. LOL!

32. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@jhd: Yay! Glad you got a positive OPK. It's SO reassuring.

33. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@bizwitch: I think I need to do something like that.

34. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@madisonbee: sorry about the negative but dang, girl! You definitely deserve a drink!
    @jhd:

35. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

D&E is done and was easier than I thought! I feel like it was the least of things from the past month and a half. I was expecting an emotional hormone crash - and maybe it just hasn't happened yet - but right now I feel in a much, much better place emotionally than after any of my four ultrasounds, which all involved bad news. All the staff in the OR had a great bedside manner, which I feel like really does matter. I was worried about the GA but don't even remember falling asleep, and waking up I felt fine. It was sort of an interesting experience, as I've never had surgery in a big city hospital, which is a very different experience than the small town where I grew up. I'm tired but so far no pain.

Thank you everyone for the support - you guys are awesome!

36. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@periwinklebee: I'm sorry it had to be done but glad it went well

37. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jhd: Yay for the positive opk. I have all my fingers crossed that things work out.

@Tionn3: I'm really glad the hsg went well and they let your husband be there.

I've been lucky not to gain weight - weirdly both fat and carbs made me feel sick to eat while pregnant and all my stomach could handle were bland things like chicken breasts, steamed veggies, and hard boiled eggs. I'm sure though over the next couple of weeks the weight that got transferred from my butt to my chest will make its way back to my butt, hah hah.

@Synchronicity: Thank you

38. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: I'm sorry for everything you've been through. I think giving your body however much time it needs to heal is a really good move. Please do whatever you can to pamper yourself in the meantime - you deserve it. TTC is such an exhausting roller coaster.

39. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@periwinklebee: Again, I am so sorry for your loss but glad you are able to finally put the physical aspect behind you. I felt really relieved once mine was over and then felt an onslaught of emotions after. I hope you are surrounded by love and support at every turn.

40. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Coral: Thank you I really appreciate your support. I'm sorry again for your losses.

I was sort of nervous about it, and it is a relief that for once with TTC something seems to have been easier than I expected, though I know I'll still have to see what happens with recovery. I think they gave me a tranquilizer before the GA and I'm still feeling so calm. I've been such a hormonal, emotional mess, I know the hormone drop is coming so I'm enjoying the calm while it lasts.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee