Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 POAS

1. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@mrskansas: Definitely accurate!

12dpo and not feeling super hopeful today. I can't handle seeing a bfn so just trying to keep busy. I set my poas date for Friday, basically when AF would definitely be late. Maybe if I'm feeling more positive later this week I will test before then.

2. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@jhd: You're so close to finding out!

3. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

Had my first infertility appointment today. Doctor said everything looked good on the ultrasound. Declared my ovaries had " a full tank of gas" as he counted the follicles. Ordered a blood progesterone test, and told me to schedule an HSG when I get my period. He also reassured us that DH's SA was good. Kind of got the feeling that if everything comes back normal he suggests trying for another 6 months on our own before pursuing treatment, and I agree with that approach. I'm pretty scared about the HSG, I heard that it can hurt.

4. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@jhd: you are stronger than I am!

5. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@Tionn3: It sounds like you had a pretty good appointment today! I have no experience with HSG, so no advice. Just sending you good vibes

6. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@Tionn3: that's good news! good luck with the next steps.

7. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

Hmmmm....just had some light brown discharge on TP this afternoon. Any clue?

8. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Tionn3: I'm glad your appt went well. My HSG was saline so ultrasound no x-rays but basically the same test. There is a speculum so obviously that feels like a pap and then they introduce either the saline or the dye, at that point I had some strong cramping that lasted a min or two and then it was over. I had some light spotting and cramping over the next few hours. I took advantage of the fact that it happened in the afternoon so I didn't return to work and laid around on my couch, I could have returned to work it was less painful then a period. I took the recommended amount of Advil about 30min before my test.

9. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I'm really worried about the catheter, it really freaks me out...and then the cramping, that doesn't sound too fun either. Mine is an X-ray so it is done at the radiology department at the hospital, they only do them Tuesday and Thursday morning so I think I might just take the whole day off and call in sick. I'm supposed to get my period on Saturday so that would make the HSG on either 2/9 or 2/14.

10. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

I just got home from work and the whole drive home, I felt like my undies were wet. So I peed and wiped and the TP had loads of brown discharge with a drop of red. Gaaaah. What is my body doing?! 😩

11. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@madisonbee: =[ ugh that sucks.

12. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@Tionn3: ugh, tell me about it. I said I wasn't gonna stress this cycle, then THIS happens.

13. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@madisonbee: I'm sorry! That really stinks.

14. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Tionn3: Bring your own pad, the hospital may not have them and if they do it will be one of those bulky things that the nurse handed out in the 6th grade. A valentines day HSG does not sound like a good time. I say take the whole day so you don't have to worry if you feel crappy.

15. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@madisonbee: That sounds awful, I hope you figure things out.

16. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@madisonbee: I'm sorry, that's frustrating! How many DPO are you?

17. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@Synchronicity: 3dpo. I quit!

18. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@madisonbee: ugh that's weird timing. Sorry lady! Hang in there!

19. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@madisonbee: has the spotting continued?

20. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Not since those two wipes.

21. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@madisonbee: I wouldn't even worry about it then

22. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: I'll try! I'm gonna just keep on keepin' on!

23. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

So, I am enjoying the temping / charting thing (now that my sleep has levelled back out) but now that I'm in the damn TWW I feel like I'm going to wake up every morning and worry about seeing a temp drop! Can't win! Lol

24. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Synchronicity: Just saw this and just wanted to say that my temp never dropped until 3 or so days into AF. I think this is very typical, as there is residual progesterone still. So I wouldn't worry too much about this.

25. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@Synchronicity: like Periwinklebee, my temp doesn't usually drop until a few days into AF. I think one cycle out of 10+ did I see a temp drop the day of AF.

26. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@periwinklebee: thank you! That makes sense.

27. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@azjax: Woops, thank you for the confirmation!! Totally makes me feel better!

28. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@madisonbee: Did you recently have sex??? Occasionally I will spot a little after sex if my cervix was low when we did the deed.

29. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@Synchronicity: also! If you wake up and temp earlier than usual, often times the temp will be a bit lower, but not the full 0.5-1 degree drop seen at the end of a non-pregnant cycle. Can you tell I've freaked out over my charts before haha??

30. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@azjax: No, not since Saturday morning. It's gone now. Not feeling wet at all and nothing on TP.

31. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@azjax: I don't think it would take much to get me to freak out level! Lol. I've been consistent with temps so far, but that's good to know! Here's where I'm at right now:

32. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Tionn3: I had an HSG and didn't think it was too bad! just moments of discomfort at the time and a little cramping later but nothing horrible at all. and I did get my first sticky baby that cycle, I've heard it can help! hope all goes well!

33. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Synchronicity: I no longer temp at all, but in the past I usually stopped temping once ovulation was confirmed. definitely stressed me out and nothing it tells you is definitive good or bad! in my case I would usually have a slight temp drop around the time I started spotting (I often spot by 12dpo) but wouldn't fall below the coverline until AF.

34. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@madisonbee: I'm sorry it's so confusing! I had a cycle where we were not really TTC where I had bleeding in the second half of my cycle starting about 4dpo. lots of red days (not enough for a real pad though) and also some brown days and some nothing. they eventually decided it was probably a harmless cyst hanging around and irritating things, my next cycle was normal. so could be nothing! I hope so!

35. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@bhbee: makes sense! This is my first month temping / charting so I want to see it through to satisfy my curiosity but going forward I can see how that might take some of the stress out of it.

36. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@bhbee: hmm, interesting. Just when I think I'm getting to know my body, she decides to flip the script. Ah well. I'm trying not to put too much thought to it. Thank you for your input!

37. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@Synchronicity: beautiful chart!!!!

38. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Synchronicity: yes temping is fun when you're learning about your cycle! and then you can obsess over old charts later

I just reread my posts above and my takeaway is that I've just tracked way too many cycles and am just jaded about the whole TTC process. totally worth it for beautiful babies but it's rough for all of us doing it!

39. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@bhbee: I totally get that! Interesting for now, not so much after doing it over and over

@azjax: I feel weird saying thank you because I can't really take the credit, but... Thank you!

40. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@knittylady: just checking in on you! how are you doing?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee