Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 POAS

1. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@snarkybiochemist: @madisonbee: thank you. I'm sorry and frustrated to be back here too- as much as I love you ladies.

Having my boys puts in perspective of course and I'm taking joy in them- but it does make the future confusing. We are already so blessed- how much pain are we willing to go through to grow our family? It's not insignificant for the boys, even though they don't know what's happening they can certainly see that we're in pain. I don't want to imprint on them this struggle when they're so young. Ugh.

2. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@knittylady: I hope that you are able to figure out what's best for you and your family.

3. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@knittylady: just wanted to send a hug! We are starting our #3 journey too. I've had 4 chemicals in the past and I'm so worried about having another though I agree it's so confusing how to feel!

4. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@knittylady: big hugs, mama.

5. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

Do you ladies avoid eating certain things during your TWW?

I feel like every time I'm in my TWW, there's always opportunities for me to eat some of my faves: eggs benedict, sushi, medium rare to rare prime rib. But then I feel guilty because hey, you never know, right?

6. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@madisonbee: nope, I decrease my caffeine and beer intake a bit but don't do anything else differently.

Just had another person announce an oops baby to us. Initial surprise and happiness followed by worry and sadness! Ugh.

7. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@Synchronicity: Thanks, that's comforting. Although, my POAS date is right before we go on a 2-week vacation to CA, so I guess I'll know by then.

Sorry about the announcement.

A relative (one we don't like, at that) announced their oops baby a couple weeks back. They have 5 kids under 6 y/o (mmhmm, yep), early 20s, no high school diplomas, no jobs, on welfare, constantly on FB bragging about they are amazing and hard working and their kids are well taken care of (by our taxes). I think she likes the attention from being pregnant. Anyway, it pisses me off. Sorry to sound cruel, but I don't have anywhere else to say this.

ETA: And had the nerve to ask (beg) us for $600 to help them for something that is completely materialistic. We said no.

8. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@madisonbee: it's hard!! We got the news followed by my MIL immediately calling my husband to ask if we heard the news and "when are you two going to have kids?? Don't you know how amazing kids are?!" . FML.

Edit: ah, that doesn't sound like a good situation

9. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@Synchronicity: Aaaah so frustrating! It's always the parents and in laws that magnify things for you. If only they knew...

10. TTCBee

pea / 19 posts

How do you not symptom spot? I've been feeling off for the past few days (headaches, which I never get), but I hate the idea of getting my hopes up. It could be anything, and I feel like it's too early.

11. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@TTCBee: how many dpo are you now?

12. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

As to be expected I did not ovulate CD14 but I think its coming (or at least I hope it is). Trying to be patient and relax.
    @madisonbee: I don't really do anything different in my TWW right now. In fact my RE said most women get pregnant and don't know it and TTC is stressful enough so don't go crazy trying to follow pregnancy guidelines when you aren't pregnant. The only time she changes this recommendation is after IVF since you are technically pregnant.

13. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Good to know! Thank you.

14. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@snarkybiochemist: P.S. I hope you O soon!

15. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@madisonbee: I eat anything in the TWW.

@TTCBee: Sorry about the headaches. It is SO hard not to symptom spot. I hope you feel better!

16. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@madisonbee: The only change I made in the TWW is to not drink after 6dpo or so, the earliest that implantation can happen. However, I read recently that the placenta doesn't form until around 5 weeks anyways and before that there's not blood sharing, so it won't do any harm. So that may have been a pointless change, but since I don't drink a ton anyways it wasn't a big deal. Once I was pregnant the stuff you're not supposed to eat - raw fish, undercooked meat, alcohol - all sounded repulsive anyways. I feel like our bodies have a pretty good instinct for what we are and aren't supposed to do.

17. TTCBee

pea / 19 posts

@madisonbee: max 4 I think? I'm delusional.
    @jhd: Thank you!

18. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@madisonbee: thanks I hope so too

19. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

So I got a positive OPK tonight when both my husband and I have hacking coughs and I'm short of breath and any physical activity is making me wheeze. So no sex for us tonight, hopefully we feel better tomorrow and Tuesday and can make this happen. I typically ovulate 2 days after a positive OPK, so this could work.

20. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I hope you both feel better!

21. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@jhd: Thanks nothing like thinking about having sex when you have a cough that sounds like death

22. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Hope you both feel better soon! Get to BDing as soon as you're able

23. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@madisonbee: Tomorrow is the goal, hopefully I will be feeling better, if not mucinex helps with CM

24. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@snarkybiochemist: awful timing to be sick. i hope the mucinex helps!

25. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@jhd: I can only hope

26. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

So much EWCM and I'm feeling better, now my husband needs to feel better, because while I will grin and bear procreative sex so we can make a baby, he does better when he feels better

27. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: glad you're feeling better!

28. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: Me too, not coughing is a plus now I'm just tired from not sleeping too well

29. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I woke up Thursday morning with the flu. Horrible body aches, fever, chills, all that fun stuff. I stayed home from work Thurs/Fri so we were able to BD both days.
    My positive OPK was Wednesday night and we did it earlier that day too so hopefully, if I did ovulate, we covered our bases.

I'm thinking I'm either 3 or 4 DPO today. I don't even plan to test until maybe the day of my RE appointment on the 16th.

30. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

Ok so I guess I am in the TWW!!! Because the m/c and associated bleeding was so drawn out (almost 3 weeks), I really had no idea when or if I might ovulate this cycle. I had meant to start temping, but kept forgetting until about a week ago. At the same time, I started taking OPKs each day when I got home for work. Thursday, I saw a darker line and then Friday looked almost positive, so I thought I would get a true positive on Saturday, but OPKs for Saturday and Sunday were clearly lighter. This surprised me because I usually have a kind of long surge! We managed to hit (I think) O-2, O, and O+1, so we'll see how that goes. Temp is up last couple of days, so now just hoping we didn't need to BD on O-1 (we hit O-1 on all my successful cycles so far).

As far as abstention from vices during the TWW, I skip deli meats, but have anything else in moderation until I test positive.

31. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@mrskansas: hey, cycle buddy! You have a lot of will power!!! I am hoping to make it to 12 DPO before testing, but I have a huge pile of Wondfos calling my name. It would probably be better for me to wait in case of another chemical or m/c but I don't know if I will be able to overcome my POAS addiction.

32. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@azjax: I think the only reason I have willpower is because part of me is afraid of a positive test, haha. I've had an ectopic, MC and a CP so I always get nervous at two lines!
    But I do have like 25+ Wondfo tests so we'll see if I can hold out or start testing at like 7 DPO

33. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: This gives me hope that with our cold cough things my husband and I will be able to make this happen. Waiting until the 16th, wow thats a lot of will power. I'm hoping this month to wait until I'm actually late to test.

34. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@snarkybiochemist: glad you're feeling better!!!

@mrskansas: Ick, sorry you got hit with the flu. Sounds like you're covered. I'm about 3dpo today too.

@azjax: your bases look covered! I hear it's better to BD 2-3 days before o.

35. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@madisonbee: thanks me too

36. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I was feeling very relaxed and disconnected from this TWW but I just found myself Googling "CM 4 DPO" so I guess that didn't last long.. haha

37. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: The sure sign of being in the middle of TWW

38. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I know this has been shared before but it's still good. It is sad how much of this is me.
    https://www.babble.com/pregnancy/the-8-stages-of-the-two-week-wait/

39. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: It is the most accurate thing ever

40. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Definitely super accurate for us in the TWW

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee