Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: I started feeling nauseous around then too, I started on diclegis at 5+4.

2. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@snarkybiochemist: were you throwing up? I had an intake with a nurse over the phone the other day and she asked if I wanted anything for the nausea. I said no because I'm not throwing up but I wonder if I should get a prescription just in case it gets worse. How helpful was it for you?

3. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@bushelandapeck: I was not throwing up just all day nausea that I feared getting worse. I found the diclegis helpful and it would have been more helpful if I took the full dose, I just had such a fight with my insurance getting it approved that I only took 1 pill at night so I could make it last. Most days I had several good hours mid-day

4. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@snarkybiochemist: good to know! I may call them back if it gets any worse. I feel like its okay in the morning and then gets bad in the afternoon/early evening. I had thought about trying B6/Unisom but haven't done that yet either. Has your nausea settled at all at this point?

5. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@bushelandapeck: At 17 weeks its pretty well gone, still taking the diclegis though just to make sure

6. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: Wishing you the best of luck with your beta! Seriously SO happy for you

7. Drea1016

apple seed / 2 posts

Hi mamas! Excited to get to know you all!

EDD: Feb 14- Valentine's Day ❤

First child? #2 - My son is 11 months old.

Any symptoms? None yet. Bracing for the nausea which started at exactly 6 weeks with my first.

Who have you told? My husband (and son?) and my July 2016 mamas Facebook group. Will tell my BFF on Saturday and everyone else between my ultrasound (9 weeks) and 13 weeks.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Really nervous to have 2 under 2. They will be 19 months apart. This was about 5 months ahead of plan and a bit of a surprise, especially considering it took nearly a year of trying every trick in the book to conceive my first. Also a little guilt for "taking babyhood" from my son a tiny bit earlier. Not sure why 5 months seems like such a big deal to me! But I'm also getting really excited for a new little baby to love and snuggle. It'll be awesome to grow my little family and see my son as a big brother. 🙂

Oh and my first appointment is 7/12-- the day after my son's 1st birthday. 😬

8. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: 17 weeks!!!! I didn't realize how far along you were. So happy for you!

9. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Thank you so much! I am really paranoid that I'm going to get bad news somehow. I know that's not likely as I'll only have one beta and you'd need at least two to look for a trend of a healthy pregnancy. But still! What if I dreamed it all and they're like "Sister, you ain't pregnant!"

They're supposed to call around noon and I'll be in a training that I don't think I'll be able to step out of... so I'll have to sit there and wait an hour to listen to my voicemail! I'm sure I'll be super distracted during that last hour of the training.

I'm hoping to go to the local midwife center for my pregnancy care and birth... should probably wait for at least one beta to make an appointment with them, right?

10. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: You are definitely pregnant but I know what you mean. When I was 8 weeks pregnant with my daughter I went in to have my first ultrasound and was so worried they were going to tell me I was crazy because there was no baby! Lol.

I don't think it would hurt to wait until after the beta to make an appointment. Your RE may want to see you until 8 or 10 weeks anyways and then they "release" you to a regular OB or midwife.

11. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: SO happy for you, I'm sure your betas will be great and double nicely. My RE told me when to call the doc to make my first appt (I called around 7wks to make an appt at 10wks) but if the midwife office is particularly hard to get into you might want to call earlier.

12. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

Also lurking and not done - hah hah, early pregnancy is lonely and my board is so, so quiet!

@bushelandapeck: I started diclegis at around 6+3. I wasn't vomiting yet, but constantly felt nauseated. By week 7, I started vomiting even with it and I think it would've been worse if I hadn't already been taking it. I had a thread a few weeks ago asking about it, and a bunch of people responded that they took it more for nausea than for vomiting.

@dominobee: Good luck with the betas today! Thinking of you!!!

13. beachlilly

pea / 12 posts

@theotherstark: Thank you! I live in Virginia Beach.

14. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: Yes I feel you about the loneliness! I've only known since Monday so I haven't turned down any booze-centric social invitations yet, but I know it's only a matter of time. I also really want to tell a few co-workers that I'm pretty close to, but I don't trust them to keep their mouths shut, haha!

15. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: I know if I make it to late pregnancy that I'll probably be so sick of random people commenting on all the things people comment on w.r.t. pregnant women and their bodies that I will long for the days of first trimester when I could hide it easily...but for now it's weird to feel so majorly affected and yet not to really be able to talk about it yet...

16. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

Y'all are so right about early pregnancy. It's such a strange place to be in where you don't really feel pregnant, hardly anyone knows and you haven't even had a doctor's appointment yet. I still have a hard time even believing it's real and I'm so nervous about this pregnancy being a chemical pregnancy or miscarrying. My google search history is ridiculous right now. This is my third time doing this...you'd think I'd be a little calmer about this all!!!

On another note, the meet the midwives event was awesome last night and I think we're going ahead with the birth center. Much different from my first two deliveries (very typical hospital deliveries with an OB and epidural.)

17. beachlilly

pea / 12 posts

First appointment is July 12. Feels so far away! But I will be on vacation the week before, so hopefully that helps make it go by faster.

18. Drea1016

apple seed / 2 posts

@beachlilly: that's my first appointment too! Seems so far away. Did you think of a cute way to tell your husband tonight? Someone in my last group wrote it in pepperoni on a pizza and my husband was super jealous of that haha.

19. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Ok ladies, HCG is 1164! More bloodwork and an ultrasound to look for placement on Friday. I guess there are perks to spending thousands at an RE, I get an early peek! Another US around 6/26 and they said go ahead and call the midwife center now if I want to make an appointment. They'll "hand me over" to the midwives at 8-10 weeks.

20. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: How many DPO are you? That is a really high number. There are going to be 2 in there.

21. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@dominobee: Wow! That's super high!!

22. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: I'm 16 DPIUI. I'm afraid of twins bc then I can't see the midwives. 😞 Too high risk.

23. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@dominobee: Wow that is a really high beta!

24. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: Well... the average beta at 16 DPO is like 300 for a single baby. How many mature follicles did you have?

25. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

I woke up today at 5 weeks and I don't have any sore breasts anymore. I'm super nervous about that. =/ I asked the RE nurse about the declining breast tenderness yesterday and she said it was normal, and that my HCG was high on Monday and that it more than doubled so that was good, but I can't help but be nervous. It's going to be a long wait till next weeks appointment on Wednesday.

26. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@Tionn3: I hear ya! I really don't have any symptoms and with my last two pregnancies my boobs were killing me! So nerve wracking, but at least you do have good betas!

27. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Heh. Two. Both really big and about to pop. Usually they wait 2 days bw LH surge and IUI but they had me come in the next day.

I had a weird feeling it would be twins but given my experience over the last two years I've learned to ignore "feelings."

But twins would solve a naming issue we have. We want our kids names to be based on their grandparents names but it's hard to do that if you don't know if the second one will be a boy or girl, or if there will even be a second one! The child(ren) will have four living grandparents and one deceased. And all but one of those names could be made either masculine or feminine. Really hoping for a girl so I can use my late mother' name Sue as a middle name. Anyway! Tangent!

28. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: If I had to bet I would say you have two babies in there but take that with a grain of salt, lol. Very exciting!

29. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: That's great! hcg has a huge range of normal, so don't worry too much yet Mine was also more than twice as high as the average beta base for singletons for my dpo and around the average for twins, but there's only one in there. And don't google high HCG - you will go down a rabbit hole of scary but super rare things...

30. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@jodyblair: I've heard that breast tenderness can be more mild or nonexistent in subsequent pregnancies because your body is like " oh I know how to do this". I always get tender breasts right after I ovulate, always. So I guess I've had tender breasts for almost 3 weeks until today...I guess I was just expecting it to get worse or hold consistently...but maybe my body has just gotten used to it already....ahhh. I'm gonna drive myself crazy =[

31. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: and p.s. - it would be pretty awesome if it is twins!

32. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Tionn3: symptoms are super finicky and not all that correlated with how the pregnancy is going - I know easier said than done, but try to enjoy the moments where they're less!

33. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@periwinklebee: That is what the nurse tried to tell me. She kept saying, " Your hcg on Monday was 1740! and it more than doubled, so your hormones are high"...and all I could think was " BUT MY BOOOOOBS".

34. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Tionn3: I've mostly squandered the few times I haven't felt nauseated in the past month by freaking out that it must mean something has gone wrong. And I really should know better, because last time I didn't experience any consistent change in symptoms while waiting a couple of weeks for the heart to stop, then waiting another week after that for the D&E. Pregnancy hormones are no joke and do not help the worry...

35. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

@theotherstark: I'm in SF but potentially moving to Oakland. Are you in the area?

36. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Poll! Does your EDD make your baby an Aquarius, Pisces or a cusper? And do you care either way? (Aquarius is until 2/18 and Pisces starts 2/19).

EDD of 2/21 means Pisces, which I am hopeful for. I'm an Aquarius and I know I was a bit of a handful as a child. Obedient but loud and constantly getting dirty/making messes. Pisces are supposed to be sensitive and intuitive... and good rule-followers, LOL.

37. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@dominobee: Wow, that's a high number!

38. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

And another question. I play on a baseball team and I'm not sure if I should keep playing now that I'm pregnant.

I have never once gotten hit with a baseball in the gut so I'm thinking it will be okay. I play catcher so I'm definitely not going to do that anymore (just told my teammates I'm burnt out on it - it's definitely a lot of work), but my other positions are first and second base which should be fine. A little worried about batting if there is a wild pitch.

And yes it's actual baseball with a hard ball, not softball. I'm not ready to tell all my teammates yet but as one of the team captains, it would be super bizarre if I suddenly stopped playing! The not drinking beer after games will raise enough questions, LOL.

39. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: I've actually had nausea in the mornings for the most part since before I tested positive so weird; I guess it must just be the elevated progesterone, but with my first pregnancy with my son, I didn't really experience much at all until around 6 weeks. Hoping it isn't as bad this time around.

40. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Drea1016: congratulations and welcome!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee