Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: Yay glad it went well! Congrats!

2. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Thanks

3. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@dominobee: delurking to say how happy I am that your u/s went well!

4. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: looking awesome!

5. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Coral: Thank you so much. Still in shock! I don't know if I'll ever not be in shock though, especially if it's twins. Pretty sure my work won't give me double maternity leave if it is, LOL! DH might have to be a stay-at-home dad b/c double the daycare bill would probably be more than his salary! (I'm the breadwinner.)

6. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Oh and speaking of daycare, this probably sounds NUTS but a pre-school teacher and mother of two told me that women should start looking at early childhood ed/daycare programs before they are even pregnant! That sounds crazy but I'm wondering if I need to start shopping around! What are y'alls plans for childcare?

7. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@dominobee: all the heart emojis!!!!!! ❤❤❤❤❤❤

8. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: Yay!!!!! So happy for you!!!

As for daycare, the situation where we live is not good. Few options with long, long waiting lists and infant prices everywhere within a several mile radius of where I live/work are like the highest in the country. Nanny share is probably the better option, but right now I don't know anyone to share with. My parents are coming to visit in a few weeks, if things still look good then I want my mom's help visiting different daycares because she inspects daycares for a living and knows exactly what to look for.

9. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: Wow that is a lucky break!

You guys I'm already really good at this "being a pregnant lady" thing. I took a half day off work today because I have vacation days to burn and I wanted to go home after my u/s. So far I've essentially eaten, napped and eaten again. Oh and I've texted DH demanding he pick up very specific foods while he's out (we only have one car). Not that I'm really having cravings yet, I just want these specific things for different reasons.

DH wanted to go to a brewery to watch the Pirates game tonight. I was like, are you serious? On my first Friday as a pregnant lady and you want to hang out at a brewery? So basically either I go and I'm sad I can't drink or I stay home and I'm lonely! Like couldn't we do something that *doesn't* center around beer?

10. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@dominobee: Is there food at the brewery? Our first Saturday pregnant my husband was like " lets go to this bar with all our friends" and I said " Are you kidding me? I won't be able to do anything!" but they had food, so I we went and I stuffed my face =]

11. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Tionn3: Nope. That's why I was like, you couldn't at least pick somewhere w/ food? This place allows dogs which is why he chose it, so we could bring our pup. Oh well. I'll prob just stay home and binge watch Netflix, haha.

12. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: so glad the ultrasound went well!! And, dude, staying home and binge-watching Netflix sounds amazing, especially if you have ice cream or something delicious.

13. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@theotherstark: I do!!!

14. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@dominobee: So glad you had a good ultrasound!!

15. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@jodyblair: Thanks mama.

16. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: what wonderful news! So glad the scan went well!

My nausea has officially become a real problem. I haven't been able to keep any food down since yesterday morning and had to skip my nephews high school graduation today because I was throwing up. Ugh I called the OB office yesterday and they want me to try B6 and Unisom first and then call in on Monday if it hasn't improved. This is awful.

17. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: oh man that sounds awful! I hope they can give you something that helps. How far along are you?

18. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: 7w1d. Started feeling pretty bad on Thurs and then started throwing up after lunch yesterday. I'm hoping maybe it's just a stomach bug.

19. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@bushelandapeck: Oh man. That sounds miserable Hope the meds start helping soon!

20. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@bushelandapeck: I'm so sorry Yuck, no fun. I've been pretty nauseous, particularly the last couple of days, but I'm still super early, and no throwing up yet. I hope you feel better soon!!

21. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

How was everyone's weekend?

Last night I told my best friend and her partner about the pregnancy. They were over for a cookout. We also had my other friend I had told over, along w/ her partner and 2 year old daughter. It was really nice to be able to talk about it openly and express my fears and concerns and have people there to support me.

I also told one of my co-captains on my baseball team during our baseball game today. She's making the lineup for the next away game in Philly so I wanted to explain why I didn't want to play catcher. I asked her not to tell anyone and fingers crossed she won't!

And I talked to my dad for Father's Day and told him that DH and I want to come home (they live 4 hours away) some time in July. My plan is to tell them in person then. Years ago I found this plaque at a thrift store that says "Just when a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a grandmother." My mom is retiring in July so it seems like the perfect time to tell her! I'm going to wrap the plaque up as a "retirement present." This will be the first grandchild on both sides (DH is an only child) and my mom has been bringing up wanting grandkids for about a year now. I haven't told her about our problems with infertility and I'm really hoping to give her this good news as a retirement gift!

22. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: that's so great! It's so nice to tell people about it. With my loss earlier this year, I'm too nervous, so we aren't telling people until probably after the NT ultrasound.

What a cute way to tell your parents! And awesome that you will be able to do it in person. Your mom will love it

23. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@theotherstark: One of the friends I told has had two MCs, so I told her knowing that she would be a good support if anything goes wrong. The other person is my best friend and has been with me throughout two years of TTC. And she would have figured it out pretty quickly anyway after a couple of social situations w/ no drinking.

24. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: that's great!! Yes, it's good to have the support if anything goes wrong, but also to just have people who know what you're going through, to! Glad they know

25. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

We've already told a lot of people already Three of my close girlfriends, my sister and my in laws and planning to tell my parents tomorrow night. We figured these are the people we'd want to know if anything happened, so we might as well tell them now and enjoy it!

26. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@jodyblair: aww yay! Exciting

27. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: What sweet way to tell your parents! I love that. With my first we made onesies and gave them to the grandparents to open on Christmas. They said "baby M____ coming August 2012". It went over well. I'm trying to think of a cute 3rd baby announcement.

I told on of my bffs last night. She's moving away this week due to a divorce. I wanted to tell her in person before she left. I haven't told anyone else yet (much to DH surprise) but we've had a miscarriage before and I 'm hesitant to get too excited until we hear the heartbeat and get good results with the blood testing.

28. dcrumlish29

coffee bean / 45 posts

@theotherstark: Thanks for adding My due date is February 6th.

29. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

How is everyone feeling today!

30. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Tionn3: Very tired! Boobs starting to feel a little sore and heavy, but nothing major. Minor nausea for a few minutes at a time but it's no big deal. Basically I hardly feel pregnant yet, aside from the fatigue! Got through my first weekend - and baseball game - with no drinking and no one even batted an eye.

How are you doing?

31. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

@Tionn3: Queasy! Haven't thrown up or come close even but I just feel off and food is not appealing. I'm also pretty anxious so that is probably not helping. Just noticed a lump behind my ear so that's my new thing to freak out about. I can't wait for my dr. appt on Friday!

32. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@dominobee: I'm feeling kind of off today. Still crampy on and off, and my boobs are still slightly tender ( though they get more tender in the evening, so weird). I have my early ultrasound on Wednesday and I'll be 5w+6days so I'm pretty nervous. I hope we see a heart beat but we might not. So many nerves! =p

33. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Tionn3: Oh and also feeling just a subtle but constant pressure in my abdomen, with the occasional pang or twinge. Nothing painful. Just enough of a sensation to notice it - and to make me fixate on this new pregnancy instead of focusing on whatever I should be doing, like work! Anyone else feel this?

34. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Tionn3: Good luck for Wednesday! That would be really exciting to hear a heartbeat!

You are just 4 days ahead of me (I'm 5 weeks today) - I'm really glad we're so close together on this journey!

35. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

@dominobee: I have been feeling a pinching feeling in my lower abdomen-it's slightly painful. I also just feel uncomfortable too-like full and gross!

@tionn3: Will be thinking of you weds! And my breasts are very tender too and also change throughout the day I think!

36. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@bushelandapeck: We're going the onesie route to tell family too. We gave my inlaws a onesie with "#5" written on it since this will be their 5th grandchild, and we're giving my parents one with a #7 on it. So much fun!

As far as symptoms go though, I'll have an occasional wave of nausea and some weird twinges, but not much else. I've been a little bloated, too, but I really don't feel pregnant at all yet. It's so nerve wracking! I'm definitely ready to schedule my first appointment just to have some reassurance that everything is going the way it should. I don't remember being this worried with my past pregnancies! I swear every time I go to the bathroom, I'm terrified I'll see blood.

37. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@jodyblair: I'm feeling really anxious too, especially when I think about how early it still is. I keep having to remind myself that every single pregnancy begins this way. Every human that exists and ever has existed was once a 3 week old embryo, just like the one (or two!) in my belly right now!

38. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

My nausea seems to have ramped up today; I dry-heaved through most of my walk with my dog this morning, and I've generally been feeling pretty beat and gross. I've been pretty constantly hungry, too, and my boobs have been sore. But, I am grateful, since I didn't feel like this with my last pregnancy which ended in miscarriage. So, I'm hoping it's a good sign. I'm still so nervous!

39. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Tionn3: so excited for your ultrasound!! I hope you see a heartbeat, too! But definitely don't panic if you don't It will still be early.

40. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dcrumlish29: got it! Sorry if I missed, but is this your first?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee