Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: what do they look like rolled down? I like the gray and coral but don't usually roll my pants up.
    @dominobee: looking great!!

2. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@bushelandapeck: I'm 5'2. So unrolled, they just look like pants. Lol

I usually have to cut several inches off pants

3. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: Can you link to the bump pic thread? Thanks!

4. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

5. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: lol. Well, I'm 5'3" ish so they would probably be great for me!

6. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

Got my NIPT results today (super fast) and they were excellent!! Gender is sealed in an envelope and we will open it tonight when hubby gets home!! CAN'T WAIT

7. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@bushelandapeck: sent you my email address last night for an add on FB

8. GooseBee

pea / 14 posts

Joining late but excited to be here. This pregnancy is going by so quickly!

EDD: Feb 23rd

First child? Nope I have an 18 month old.

Any symptoms? Nausea, fatigue, soreness, anxiety.

Who have you told? We are not keeping it secret any longer

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? How are we going to figure it our with 2 kiddos!?

9. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: sent it just now. Sorry, I thought I did it last night!

10. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@GooseBee: welcome and congrats!! Do you have any appointments coming up?

11. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@bushelandapeck: yay thanks!!

12. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

It's a girl! I was kind of hoping to have one of each, as this will be our last baby. But, I'm so happy that DD will have a sister! She will be so excited. We're telling her and family tomorrow.

13. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: congrats on everything looking good, and your girl!

@GooseBee: welcome and congrats! I'm in the Bay Area too

14. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

February Mamas

1/25: Bushelandapeck (#3 )
    2/4: Ladydi (#2)
    2/5: Honeydew (#2)
    2/6: DCrumlish29 (#2)
    2/8: JJ2626 (#1)
    2/9: Meowkers (#2 )
    2/8: Illumina (#2)
    2/13: skiierchck99 (#1)
    2/14: Tionn3 (#1), Drea1016 (#2)
    2/15: Lazypanda (#2 )
    2/18: Theotherstark (#2), beachlilly (#1)
    2/19: dominobee (#1 & 2), skate13 (#1)
    2/20: DesertDreams88 (#2 )
    2/22: jodyblair (#3 )
    2/23: magnoliamama42 (#2), GooseBee (#2)
    2/25: MaryM ( )
    2/26: Freelikewater (#1), petitenoisette (#2)
    2/27: CatchAFallingStar (#2 )
    3/5: Patty86 (#2)
    3/6: Ergggg (#2)

Appointments

8/17: honeydew, dominobee
    9/5: Bushelandapeck (AS), Tionn3, theotherstark
    9/12: skiierchck99 (AS)
    9/21: JJ2626 (AS)
    9/25: theotherstark (AS)

15. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: yay!! So exciting!

16. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@bushelandapeck: thank you!! BTW- I didn't get a Facebook invite.

17. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: huh. Let me try again!

18. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

I have an appt Aug 29.

19. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Anyone else battling daily headaches? These started about a week and a half ago. While on vacation I thought it was due to sun exposure. Now I just don't know. I really don't want to go back to drinking caffeine every day (which honestly has done the trick) nor do I want to take Tylenol every day! Help!

20. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: I had them all the time with my son. Caffiene did help and I took Tylenol when it didn't. I didn't have them with any other pregnancy. Are you dehydrated? Not sure how much more you might need to drink with twins? Sorry you're dealing with that!

Ps I sent you a FB request for our group

21. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: I don't think I got the invite. Can you try to re-send? I'll post my FB page on your wall.

It could be the water issue. I already get dehydration headaches really easily and drink a ton of water. My stumbling block is that the water at my work tastes gross and the Brita tastes even grosser because it's about a decade overdue to have the filter changed. I bring a 750 mL water bottle to work and drink it all each day. Maybe I need to bring two. Or get a bottle with a built-in filter.

22. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@dominobee: I actually bring four 750mL bottles of water to work and drink 3-4 of them a day!!! Then 1-2 more at home. No headaches here. So maybe try setting a goal to finish your water by lunch, and refill if you go out for lunch, or bring two water bottles? The general, non-pregnant goal is 64 oz of fluid, which translates to 1892mL.... so about 2.5 of our bottles.

Dumb story - my first year of teaching, I had really bad headaches every day in a specific part of my brain/head, and it was so bad that I called the nurse line of my healthcare company... she asked about my dietary habits and when I told her I drank 1-2 sodas and maybe 1-2 small waters, she was like, "you need to go drink more water right now!!!" and I upped my water intake and didn't have a headache again for a long, long time, haha.

23. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@DesertDreams88: Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to get a bigger water vessel ASAP!

24. beachlilly

pea / 12 posts

Life has been busy, and I have been reading along when I have a chance but just now getting around to sharing my update!

We found out last weekend with family that we are expecting a girl! I had a feeling all along that it was a girl, but I was still surprised when it was actually real.

We already had a low risk NIPT test result, but I was also scheduled for an NT scan last week. When I went in for the scan, they told me that they actually wouldn't be doing it because I had already done the NIPT and it was more accurate. I was really looking forward to having another ultrasound sooner! I had to also take an early glucola test because of family history, but I haven't gotten the results back yet. Really hoping that I pass because the 3 hour test does not sound like fun!

It's so exciting seeing what everyone is having as they find out!

25. beachlilly

pea / 12 posts

@dominobee: I have been having a lot of headaches too! Usually Excedrin is the only thing that helps, so Tylenol hasn't been cutting it. If it doesn't work, I would rather not take it! I have found that drinking more water does help. If it's too bad, I'll try having something with a little caffeine to take the edge off.

26. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

27. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@beachlilly: congrats on your girl!

28. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@beachlilly: Congrats on your baby girl!

29. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@beachlilly: congrats!! Glad the NIPT came back fine!

30. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Today's the day I get to tell everyone at work! Woo! No more hiding the bump or weird conversations about being coffee-less or skipping every happy hour! A co-worker I don't know as well asked if I was into craft beer and I was like "eh, not really" but another co-worker who knows me better and knows I love craft beer was there and gave me this strange look! I'm not great at keeping my own secrets (I'm a vault when it comes to others' though).

My one co-worker who knows is bringing in cupcakes today. So sweet (literally!).

31. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: I told my work friends last week and Monday, but today is the day I come clean to my bosses. I don't know why I'm nervous! They've been nothing but supportive in the past.

32. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@beachlilly: Congrats on the NIPT results!

33. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: I hope it goes well at work (I'm sure it will)! I told my coworkers last week and it was definitely a relief to have it out in the open and not have to suck in after lunchtime. Haha

34. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: Everyone is so excited! They all clapped for me which I was not expecting. And word spreads fast so people started coming in from other parts of the building to say congrats. It is really nice to have it out in the open! Though I want to be careful not to talk about it too much in our open office plan because you don't know what other people are going through in terms of loss, IF, etc.

I have my next appointment with the midwives tomorrow so fingers crossed we hear nice strong heartbeats! I'm definitely getting bigger and having 2nd trimester symptoms like increased vaginal discharge and headaches (yay) so I'm taking those as good signs that all is well.

35. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I told most of the managers individually today.

My pre-appraisal was due to my executive director. Where it asked what could be done to help me do my job, I pointed out how I have no back up and when I'm out, things just don't get done.

In the email it was attached to, I told her I was due in February, so we should probably figure that out sooner rather than later.

When she got back from a meeting she was in she rushed into my office, threw the door closed and hugged me (we're SO not a hugging office!)

I told my direct boss in an email because she has no empathy and that would just be an awkward conversation.

Then I told another manager in person. I went to visit their team since I'd been out for a while, and asked if he wanted to see a picture from my vacation. I showed him the last ultrasound and said "It's a boy!" and his jaw literally dropped while he processed what he was seeing. And another team member down there jumped up to hug me.

That together with my old roommate calling me crying last night when I texted her the news has me feeling SO much better. I guess sometimes it's the last people you expect to get really excited who do get really excited!

36. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: That's great, I'm glad things went (relatively) well!

You guys I think I just felt something! I was sitting in a weird position at my desk, with my legs folded under me on my chair and leaning forward with my elbows on my desk and my chin in my hands. So basically my stomach was smashed down onto my thighs. And I felt flutters! When I switched positions I couldn't feel it anymore, then tried going back into that position but it was gone. Wonder if babies were feeling smashed and were kicking back, haha!

37. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@beachlilly: congrats on the healthy girl!
    @DesertDreams88: Damn I am impressed by how much water you're drinking! I have been having a lot of trouble drinking much, but I know once I'm back at school I will be sooo much thirstier from talking all day long.
    @CatchAFallingStar: Congrats on your girl!!
    @dominobee: @MaryM: Glad your work announcements went well! Sounds like you have some sweet coworkers I'm starting to get excited about telling more people! My department head at school knew about our general timeline for number 2 (she was my colleague before my boss so we're friends) and so I'm sure she won't be too surprised to find out!

38. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

If you did the NT scan, how long did it take to get your official results back? Did they tell you how it looked just based on the scan?

I had my scan on Tuesday and the doctor came in at the end and made it sound like everything looked good but I didn't even really think to press her for more info. She seemed more concerned about checking out some cysts I have on one of my ovaries than looking at the baby so I took that as a good sign too.

Google makes it sound like it could be 2 weeks to get the final results and we're waiting for them to tell anyone else (including my in-laws who I'm starting to feel bad are still in the dark!).

39. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

We heard two heartbeats this morning! Both were about 160bpm - the range for 13 weeks is 120-160bpm so that's great news!

I asked the midwife about my headaches. Since my blood pressure came back on the low end of healthy (which is normal for me) she said it could be a blood sugar issue. She said I should be eating 500-600 extra calories a day - basically a fourth meal! I definitely have not been doing that so I'm going to try eating a bigger breakfast, more healthy snacks throughout the day or a mid-afternoon meal (since I'm usually starving for lunch by 11am) to see if that helps. She also said, you know, just go for the caffeine or the Tylenol if the headaches are bad. And of course she said to try drinking more water. Hopefully I can get these under control soon!

She also said the top of my uterus is right at my belly button which is what you'd expect at 20 weeks with a singleton! But she said that's perfectly normal for twins at 13 weeks.

So glad everything is on track and looking/sounding okay! I made three different appointments today: one with the consulting OB office on 9/13, my next midwife appointment on 9/18, and my 20-week anatomy scan on 10/2.

40. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@petitenoisette: I think I was able to see the results online about a week or so after the scan and I got a call from my OB right around the same time.

@dominobee: glad your appt went well and you got some advice on the headaches! 500-600 calories extra-wow!! Not sure what I would even do with those

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee