Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@petitenoisette: The only NT I've had so far was last pregnancy. And the results weren't good. The sonographer was silent and left me alone in the room, but then the geneticist came in immediately and let me know what was going on and did a CVS on the spot to confirm. But it was at a genetics office (I'm not sure if that's normal?)

@dominobee: great news! If you need portable snacks for work, I like the Archer Farms trail mix at Target and they come in individual packets. I think they're about 200 calories a piece. I'll often have one of those when I'm hungry late morning and don't want to dive into lunch yet.

Since I'm gluten free, I keep them on me pretty much all the time. They've saved me during slow service at restaurants when I'm starving and all that's available is bread

2. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: They're supposed to be healthy calories otherwise I'd be like MID-AFTERNOON ICE CREAM BREAK! Hahaha. But fro-yo is healthy, right?

3. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: My first thought was cheese.

4. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: Yay for strong heartbeats, and wow for a growing uterus and 500-600 extra calories. (I totally follow along for updates)

5. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: Oh yeah CHEESE duh! Anybody else really missing Brie, feta and goat cheese?

6. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: haha! Yes! Ice cream or Fro Yo would definitely work

7. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: I got pasteurized little individual bries from Trader Joes.

But my taste has totally changed and I didn't really like it. And I've had goat cheese. Most cheese you find in the grocery store will be pasteurized and is totally fine.

8. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: My doctor said as long as it was made with pasteurized milk, it was ok to eat brie and feta and the like. Take random comments from an internet friend as you like, but I have really really enjoyed my cheeses. I think we all make choices about what we are willing or unwilling to give up during pregnancy, and cheese and caffeine are my unwilling to not have.

9. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@petitenoisette: NT scan results are immediate.. from my experience anyway. You might be reading about people waiting 2 weeks for blood test results.

10. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist @Marym: Oh dang! I should have been eating my soft cheeses the whole time! I did have a bit of brie at a party on Saturday and it was glorious.

Also my co-worker bought me the book "Expecting Better" which challenges all the traditional pregnancy wisdom and dives into the actual research to show that the headlines aren't always accurate. For example, people citing a study that appeared to show that 1 drink per week correlated with more aggressive behavior in children failed to notice that those women who had 1 drink per week were also way more likely to use COCAINE. So yeah. Maybe it was the coke, ya think?!

11. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: It should also be fine if it's cooked. So if it was baked brie, no worries at all.

12. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: brie is amazing, that is all

13. beachlilly

pea / 12 posts

So I just found out that I failed the one hour glucose test I have to go in next week for the 3 hour.

Does anyone have experience with the 3 hour test? I'm totally dreading it!

14. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@petitenoisette: I have kaiser and they told me you get results from NT scan in 48 hours. If there was something abnormal on the scan then the docotor talks to you right away. They also assume that you had the blood work before the NT scan. Did you get the blood component done on the same day as the NT? That might be why the nurse said 1 -2 weeks, because they are waiting for blood. It's good they were able to get your NT measurement! My baby was being to fidgety and only wanted to show us its butt.

15. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@petitenoisette: they told us our NT looked good while we were there, and they showed us the measurements specifically.

16. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@dominobee: I have been meaning to read that book! Is there a table of contents? what are the main topics?

as for calories, 2nd & 3rd trimester pregnancy makes me REALLY hungry soooo no problem there, haha. When I'm pregnant I add in a glass of 2% milk with dinner for extra fat and protein, so that gives me about 200 more calories.

17. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@beachlilly: how early do they do that? I haven't heard anything about it yet - I booked my 18 week appointment and they didn't say anything. No advice, thinking good thoughts for you passing the 3 hour!

18. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@skiierchck99: I've had my GD tests around 24/26 weeks both times.

19. beachlilly

pea / 12 posts

@skiierchck99: I had to do an early glucose test because of family history. I think they normally do them at about 24 weeks.

20. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@beachlilly: aw I'm sorry you failed the one hour. I had to do the 3 hour with my first pregnancy and I won't lie, it wasn't cool. The first time I threw up after half hour so I had to come and do it a second time. I also threw up that time but after the first hour blood draw so they let me finish. My body does not tolerate fasting so I think that had something to do with it.

So my suggestion is to bring something with you to distract you and zone out while you wait for the blood draws. I also brought my DH with me the second time too. I hope you have a much easier time with it!

21. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: it's a combined test with the blood work so the official results with your % needs the blood work back, yes.
    @MaryM: @DesertDreams88: I'm going to assume that everything was ok then bc the Dr was clearly not concerned with anything and I think in retrospect she said things looked good.
    @Tionn3: unfortunately my office doesn't have you do the blood work in advance. Annoying, I would have happily gone in earlier to do it!

22. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@DesertDreams88: Here's the table of contents.

23. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Well I failed miserably at my first day of eating 500-600 extra calories. I did eat an extra big lunch but that was probably only another 100-200 calories. Then I went home and just made a ramen that a South Korean cyclist we had recently hosted at our house left for us. That was likely not enough calories for dinner. I had planned to eat something else later but then I passed out on the couch for THREE HOURS. DH brought me a bowl of ice cream when I woke up and I was too tired to even eat it (what is happening to me?!) I think the babies must be going through a growth spurt or something, because after a couple of weeks of feeling like my energy was slowly coming back, I have been completely ZONKED the last few days.

24. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@dominobee: thanks for that! convinced me to buy it, it'll be here in a week.

As for being tired, I'm there too! I have been falling asleep around 8 and waking up around 6 every day for the past two weeks.... my naps have disappeared (back to work) but my sleepiness has not! 13 weeks, 3 days today.

25. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@DesertDreams88: I'm 13w4d!

26. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Guess who just passed his NT scan? And finally quit picking his nose long enough for a good picture...

The doctor was a little crass. "Look! He's drinking his own piss"

Who says that??? Oy.

(Not my usual doctor)

27. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@MaryM: yay, that's great! Check out that cutie pie and yea, that is a strange comment from the dr!

We got our NT results back today too and came back low risk/normal! Didn't have to wait too long either

28. Patty86

pea / 11 posts

Hello,

I've been a little quiet on this board. Sick and fatigued, and I guess today has been the first time I've been excited about the pregnancy.

First of all, super congratulations and well wishes to you all. I hope all of your pregnancies are progressing healthily and happily!

We just got news today that our little "cuddle" - my daughters choice of name - is low risk for genetic abnormalities and is a BOY! In complete shock, but so so excited to complete our family with this little man.

Now to look at boys names!

Xxx

29. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: immmm weird statement by the Doc but what a cute pic! And so glad your scan went well and the risks are low!
    @petitenoisette: yay for good results!
    @Patty86: congrats on your boy! Sorry you haven't been feeling well though

30. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@petitenoisette @marym @patty86: Congrats!

31. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Second trimester today!!! And my 4 year anniversary at work.

32. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: woohoo for both of those things!

It always feels like a big victory to me when I hit the 2nd trimester. Definitely feeling better (ie: less nauseous) and feeling comfortable telling people we are expecting. I told our nanny this morning that it is a boy and she was shocked! She said she was sure it was going to be a girl. I can't fathom a way the blood testing could be wrong but I am excited to confirm it at the anatomy scan in two weeks.

33. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Okay, so I bought those Gap pants and I'm wearing them today. I bought my normal size and they fit in the legs and rear and in the belly for the most part. But it the elastic band creates a weird bulge above it which makes me look real lumpy. Anyone else experiencing this? I left the tag on so I can return, but I probably won't be able to get the 40% discount if I exchange them for a size up. Plus I don't want them to be baggy in the legs and rear. (Ignore the weird black thing by my crotch in this photo, I have no idea what that is.)

34. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: I just pull them up another inch or two in early pregnancy to get rid of the muffintopness. Plus, it's uncomfortable after a while to have the elastic over my lower belly where things are stretching and moving (or at least it has been ever since my NT scan when they were pushing on everything...including a large cyst)

35. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: I agree with @MaryM about pulling them higher up, for now. Once your bump is rounder you can lower it but I find that it's more comfortable to have them higher when I'm earlier on in pregnancy. I'm sporting a pair of maternity work pants today for the first time and it feels amazing!

36. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM @bushelandapeck: Pretty soon I'm going to try some of the full panel ones. The demi-panel keeps rolling down.

I think I'm going to stick with these for now. Because they're my regular size I'll be able to wear them post-partum and hopefully after I've lost the baby weight too, so it seems like a worthwhile investment.

Overall though, I'm probably going to go for more leggings/dresses this fall & winter.

37. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: I tried full panel about a week ago and still couldn't keep them up yet.

38. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: Yeah I'm assuming that's still a couple of months in the future for me too.

39. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: I've lost weight since i got pregnant, so even my "fat pants" are too big, but my regular ones are way to tight in the waist.

So I'm rotating through two pair of Gap pants (but one pair is pink, so I can't wear them as often), my fat pants that I only wear on days I know I'll be sitting a lot, and skirts/dresses

I didn't change out of pajamas yesterday because I wasn't leaving the house and my pjs are so much more comfortable anyway

40. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: Good call! Yesterday I wore a really flowy cotton dress with workout shorts underneath.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee