Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Tionn3: ugh!

I told the nurse today that I hope ours will be in a similar mood next week. He was totally just chilling in profile.

2. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@skiierchck99: @MaryM: Big ugh. Since I have Kaiser they won't schedule a rescan. They told me that when I scheduled the NT scan " If the baby doesn't cooperate we don't offer a rescan". I can still do the sequential blood test screening. I already did the first trimester blood draw, and I'll do the second trimester draw after 15 weeks. I guess the NT scan only adds a 10% increase in accuracy so instead of 80% with just the blood it is 90% with blood and NT scan.

3. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@MaryM: I had a feeling that mine was going to be insubordinate because at my 12 week appointment the baby was in the same position, where they were sunny side up. I wish they had just given me the NIPT but I'm only 27 so they said I was too young.

4. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Tionn3: that's so weird they won't rescan! I'm sorry

5. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@bushelandapeck: yay, congratulations!!

6. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@jodyblair: congrulations!!

7. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@petitenoisette: glad you were able to hear the heartbeat!

8. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MaryM: aww, great picture!

9. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@skiierchck99: glad all was good at your appt!

10. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Tionn3: ugh, that is so frustrating!! I'm sorry. That's annoying that they won't do a rescan. Bah.

11. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

We had our NT scan today and all looked good! It was such a relief, and so great to see our little one again. Finally starting to feel real!!

12. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

February Mamas

1/25: Bushelandapeck (#3 )
    2/4: Ladydi (#2)
    2/5: Honeydew (#2)
    2/6: DCrumlish29 (#2)
    2/8: JJ2626 (#1)
    2/9: Meowkers (#2 )
    2/8: Illumina (#2)
    2/13: skiierchck99 (#1)
    2/14: Tionn3 (#1), Drea1016 (#2)
    2/15: Lazypanda (#2 )
    2/18: Theotherstark (#2), beachlilly (#1)
    2/19: dominobee (#1 & 2), skate13 (#1)
    2/20: DesertDreams88 (#2 )
    2/22: jodyblair (#3 )
    2/23: magnoliamama42 (#2)
    2/25: MaryM ( )
    2/26: Freelikewater (#1), petitenoisette (#2)
    2/27: CatchAFallingStar (#2)
    3/5: Patty86 (#2)
    3/6: Ergggg (#2)

Appointments

8/17: honeydew, dominobee
    9/5: Bushelandapeck (AS), Tionn3, theotherstark
    9/12: skiierchck99 (AS)
    9/25: theotherstark (AS)

13. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@theotherstark: I have a 16 week appointment on 9/5. Not sure when my anatomy scan is yet.

14. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Tionn3: got it!

15. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Tionn3: just remembered I have my appt that day too we are appt buddies, apparently!

16. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

So much good news today-congrats all!

I just came from the OB-I had the appt scheduled for a few weeks but I think she was like "why are you here?" Lol. But we heard the heartbeat so that was nice and the anatomy scan is 9/21. That's my next appt and it seems like a long time but she seemed fine with it. I guess this is really happening!

17. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

@Tionn3: I have Kaiser too and they can be so annoying about this stuff. I'm sorry. If you talk to your OB they may be able to do something about it. But you are low risk and got the blood test so I wouldn't worry!!

18. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@JJ2626: Kaiser is so annoying. It's annoying because they need the second blood test to tell you your risk odd ratio, and I don't have an appointment until 16 weeks, and then they told me it can take 3-4 weeks to get results from that ( because it's through the department of public health), which would put me at 20 weeks, and if there was something wrong, I feel like it closes my window to deal with it/ explore options. I wish they would just give me the NIPT so I can be done with it. I may try to email my OB to tell her my concerns...I don't know. I am low risk but still. I get nervous.

19. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@dominobee: I concur with @theotherstark: about early movements feeling like bubbles or for me, little goldfish swimming across. I remember with DD, I told the OB that I felt her moving really early, & my OB said it was probably just gas bubbles since I was still early. But when I had my NT scan the following week (which she was not in a great position for), I felt the same movements and they coincided with the screen so I knew what I felt really was baby moving.

@Tionn3: sorry to hear the NT scan didn't turn out as well. I had kaiser with DD & was so glad the ultrasound tech took her time. I think if there were any concern with your little baby, they would have spent additional time. Kaiser is great that you can more quickly get authorization for procedures since they are the provider & insurance company, but sucks when they come to actually allowing you to have additional scans/work done.

@MaryM: great photo! I'm glad to hear you were able to get the additional ultrasound in!

@theotherstark: yay for it feeling real & the great scan! I'm assuming you went to the maternal fetal medicine office in B*, I hope you were able to get a lot of pix on the cd! My anatomy scan is on 9/22 but in the city since the closer office only does ultrasounds M-Th.

@bushelandapeck: @jodyblair: yay for finding out & congrats! 🎊

20. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@lazypanda: the tech tried so hard. I was in there for almost 45 minutes and we did everything to try to get the baby into position. Even getting the nasal bone measurement was hard, but she did manage to measure it twice when the baby looked over its shoulder, so it definitely wasn't absent. Everything is probably fine. I just need to email my ob on Monday I think so I can try to get the second blood draw at 15 weeks instead of at almost 17 which is when my next appointment is.

21. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

So I was really touched tonight. DH said he was thinking we'd name this baby after both our fathers instead of it being a third (he's a junior). Both our dads died in just over a year before we got engaged.

But he hates all forms of nicknames for his name, and I already have a nephew named after my dad...so... what do we call this kid?

He suggested using his initials. Ugh. I probably feel as strongly against that as he feels about the nicknames.

22. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: hmmm. That a tough one. Is there a nickname for your Dads name that you both like, or a variation of his or DHs name that you could agree on? My son is a 3rd but we call him a nickname that neither DH or my FIL use. I basically told DH I would only agree on DS being a 3rd if we only call him by this nickname. Do you like any of the nicknames for DH?

23. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@bushelandapeck: I don't mind any of the nicknames, but DH seems to hate them all.

And we're talking very traditional names. Like Joe

24. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: yeah, DH name is very traditional too, so it's not the easiest to find an alternative. What about a middle name you could use for a first instead?

25. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@bushelandapeck: the middle is my dad's name, and I already have a nephew with that name.

I think I'm going to tell DH that I'll agree not to use the nicknames if he'll agree not to call it by its initials.

And they'll either end up with the same name, or we'll call ds by his full name (first and middle)

26. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

I started the FB group. Search for HB Feb 2018 Moms group if you want to join Still looking for a cute pic to put at the top

27. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@bushelandapeck: I didn't see if. Is it private? If so, we can't search it. I'll wall you my email and I think you should be able to add me that way (or you might have to friend me then add me)

I'm happier with it being private and harder to join though!

28. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: oops, yes I made it secret. I'll add folks who send me their emails.

29. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@bushelandapeck: I'm in!

30. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@bushelandapeck: i walled you my email! Would love an add, thanks!

31. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@theotherstark: added you!

32. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

13 weeks and I feel like I am definitely showing! I put on a dress I haven't worn in a few weeks and I feel like I look pregnant in it. Luckily it's loose and stretchy.

When did/are y'all starting bump pics? DH convinced me to take one this morning even though it was very unflattering (the hands on hip position + the cardigan make me look huge) and I hadn't done my makeup yet. Cropping just to show you the bump.

I've been so used to having a belly all my life I think I didn't really notice it growing, but in the pic it's suuuuper obvious, especially since it's out further than my boobs which are pretty big anyway!

I'm telling work on Wednesday and I feel like it's not a moment too soon! It's going to be reallllly obvious pretty soon.

33. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: I started taking bump pics for myself around 8 or 9 weeks. I think I've only shared one in the thread we have for them though (but it really hasn't changed too much from the initial massive bloat)

I had texted two close coworkers on Friday and told them, and I told another one in person today. I'm wearing a regular shirt so it's pretty dang obvious (unless I pull my cardigan closed. It's the drapey kind so it kind of hides it). When I told the coworker she said she thought I looked obviously pregnant, but of course wasn't going to say anything.

I had planned to tell our ED wednesday during my review, but I might go ahead and tell her today. I'm coming back from a week off and it's just TOO obvious that I need back up around here. Especially if I'm going to be off for months...

I *just* got through checking email (even though I deleted junk while I was gone) and still have a ton of stuff to catch up on before I can start this week's work.

34. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Clothing review...

I'm down to only one pair of dress pants fitting (my formerly fat pants). So yesterday, I wore the demi panel gap pants I ordered

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1056962&pcid=1014425&vid=1&pid=213816112

Total rave. They're skinnier than what I usually wear, but omg you guys...FULL SIZE pockets! Not the crazy little half pockets that maternity pants usually have! My entire phone fit in my pocket.

There's a 40% off code today so I thought I'd share. I got the pink initially because they were cheapest, but wanted something more neutral for work. I didn't want to spend $60 on gray maternity pants though...but with the code, totally worth it!

And there's 2% back through ebates.

35. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: Any advice on sizing? Did you order your normal size?

36. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: Because they're slim fit, I had to go up a size.

Pre-pregnancy I was a 14/16. I had to get the 18s of these. I'm very hippy

37. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: Ok cool. I might buy a pair tonight, thanks for the tip!

38. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: If you're unsure of sizing, they only allow returns and exchanges by mail. It might be easier to order multiple sizes and return what doesn't work.

I had to exchange my first pair and it involved ordering a new pair and getting a refund for the old pair once they received them back.

39. Meowkers

persimmon / 1364 posts

@MaryM: thank you for the heads up about the savings code. I just bought a pair of maternity pants for work.

@dominobee: every item is different for sizing. The reviews are very helpful usually. I just sized down for a pair of slim fit pants based on the reviews.

40. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@lazypanda: yep, that's where we went. And it was neat getting the CD!

@dominobee: definitely a bump!! exciting.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee