Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@jodyblair: yay!! Congratulations on great results. Can't wait to hear your baby's gender!

2. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: Awww, what a cite pic! I got my results back in 6 business days (10 days total).

@jodyblair: So excited to hear what you're having!

3. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: Mine took 8 days, including the day I had blood drawn. Good luck!!

4. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: I had mine drawn last Monday afternoon and got results this Monday midday

5. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@MaryM: was yours panorama?

6. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: sorry. Mine was through NxGen MDx

7. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@petitenoisette: oh wow! I think I had about 20 oz of water & totally needed to use the bathroom but baby was in a great position & extremely cooperative for the ultrasound tech to get all the right measurements. I remember with DD, my bladder was too full so the ultrasound tech allowed me to use the bathroom but said I could only pee for 3 seconds & had to stop myself. Worst feeling ever! 😒 DD was also not in the right position so that appt took super long.

@CatchAFallingStar: I had my blood drawn last Monday morning & received my results this past Monday morning. And mine was panorama & counsyl for the carrier screening.

8. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@jodyblair: How did your reveal go?!?!

9. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

It's funny how I wasn't worried about trisomies until now that I'm waiting for the result of the NIPT. Anyone else worry between the test and the results?

10. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@dominobee: everything ok? You've been quiet.

11. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: Been on vacation & successfully stayed off my phone for the most part! Will check in later today.

12. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@dominobee: oh, that's great!

13. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@MaryM: I was feeling better from week 11 to week 13 (today) and I threw up this morning. Don't worry, maybe it will come back.

14. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@dominobee: So lucky, I need a vacation sooooooo bad. We are going to take a week off in November but it seems sooo far away!

15. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Tionn3: I ended up making a last minute appointment for a quick scan to ease my mind. I've had so many aches this week and it's really anniversary of our last loss so I need some piece of mind.

Plus I'll feel better announcing at work next week if I can get a peak at the little boy.

16. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@dominobee: Where are you on vacation? Pretty jealous over here! Also.. did you find out genders with your NIPT??

17. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

OK HERE'S THE MEGA UPDATE!

@CatchAFallingStar: I have eaten one turkey sandwich and a few bites of raw fish sushi. Considering that my chances of being injured in a car accident are greater than my chances of getting listeria, I decided not to panic too much about it. Also you can get it from literally ANYTHING - ice cream, vegetables, seriously the list is endless. Don't feel bad, just keep it to a minimum. We camped for 4 nights at Delaware Seashore State Park. With only 3 full days at the beach - and rain for 1 1/2 days - it was way, way too short! That was our longest camping trip to date and honestly we are so dialed in with our gear and preparation that it didn't feel troublesome at all. I could have done two more nights! I did not find out the gender from my NIPT but they can only tell for sure if it's two girls and there's zero boy DNA in my bloodstream. If they found male DNA it could be one boy/one girl or two boys. The midwife practice has not called me to discuss the results and I'm not aching to know yet. We're thinking about waiting to find out until birth but I know I might not make it that long. DH says he doesn't want to find out but I might find out earlier and keep it to myself.

@MaryM @lazypanda: Congrats on your baby boys!

@desertdreams88: Congrats on your baby girl!

@jodyblair: Congrats on a healthy baby!

@theotherstark @bushelandapeck @lazypanda @jodyblair: What does it feel like? I've felt a few brief, subtle pains. Nothing painful enough to really worry me - more of a sensation really - but I did wonder what it was.

@skiierchck99: I got sick on someone else's lawn after picking up my dog's poop! LOL!

So far, so good on my end. My symptoms conveniently seemed to go away the very day we were up at the crack of dawn to leave for vacation. I didn't have any morning nausea the whole 5 days and just a tiny bit of car sickness when I was the passenger - but I get car sick anyway so it could just be that. I was still sort of tired but not as exhausted as I have been. I think the placentas are now fully grown and functional which could explain why I've been feeling better. Now I feel inspired to clean and organize literally every part of my house! I even fully unpacked right after we got home from vacation which is definitely not something I usually do!

I did have a bit of brown spotting - like a very tiny bit - on Wednesday but I'm not reading too much into it. We rode our bikes 12 miles on Tuesday so I'm guessing it was just over-exertion and/or could be related to the SCH.

Gearing up to tell more folks individually this week and next. Telling work on Wednesday then will post to Facebook and Instagram after that. I have my next appointment with my midwife on Thursday (a week from today) and though I know they won't be doing an U/S I'm excited to hear the heartbeats on a doppler! The midwives use U/S sparingly so I probably won't have another one until the 20 week anatomy scan. I am 12 weeks, 3 days today. I've also signed up for HypnoBabies. Anyone have any experience with that? I'm really hoping for an unmedicated, vaginal birth which I know is a little less likely with twins. But I'm thinking positive and trying to prepare for both the best and worst case scenarios.

18. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: it sounds like you had an awesome trip!! So glad.

The very, very early movement just feels like little flutters or bubbles low down. Mine now is more like little taps or thumps. Definitely not pains, though. That might just be things still stretching, or more weight put on your ligaments now that the uterus is bigger.

I don't have experience with HypnoBabies, but you might want to check out Ina May's Guide to Childbirth! I really liked that. And Natural Childbirth, the Bradley Way was really helpful to me, too.

19. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: how are you you go to announce on Insta/FB?? I always like seeing what people do

20. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@theotherstark: Yes I have read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and really loved it. DH is reading it now and is soooo into it! HypnoBabies specifically tells you NOT to read about any other birthing methods. So I'm going to take the class and then decide if it's for me, or if I should pursue another method.

As for my announcement, I was thinking about a quiz asking people what I have in common with Beyonce. But we also thought about buying some cute onesies and taking pics of them and thinking up some cute phrase. For example, Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum onesies with "L__ & F__ go through the looking glass February 2018."

21. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: ah, got it. Well, glad you read it and he's reading it too! I'll look forward to hearing what you think of the class!

Oh, that's right! I remember you mentioning the Beyoncé idea the onesie idea is cute, too!! I love Tweedledum and Tweedledee; that would be adorable.

22. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: and FWIW, I didn't really subscribe to any 'birth method' other than 'push a healthy baby out of my hoo-haw, preferably without pain meds.' Ha. I actually just found the Bradley book to be interesting with good information on what actually happens in labor with specific drawings, pain management, etc. I imagine you'll get that from your class.

23. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

It's aaaaaaaaaa BOY!!

24. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@bushelandapeck: Congratulations!!!

We did our reveal last night! DH ended up having a pretty late night at work and I was dying waiting to find out. We did confetti poppers to find out the gender, and they were BLUE! Baby boy #3 ! I was pretty sure it was another boy but it's fun to finally know. We took a video of us doing the poppers and posted it last night to announce. It's nice to finally have it out in the open!

@dominobee: I am planning to use Hypnobabies. I bought the home study course and am excited to start. I'll probably wait till closer to 20 weeks, but I joined a Facebook group that has a lot of good information.

25. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@jodyblair: so cute!! I know, it does feel good to be able to tell people and to know what we are having and start planning. We still need to tell the kids though and will do that tomorrow.

26. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Yay for more boys! (And for finally getting to know!)

27. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck @jodyblair: congrats!!

One symptom I've had to contend w/ lately is regular headaches. Tylenol seems to do to the trick but I don't want to be taking it every day. My app said this might happen but didn't explain why. Maybe an increase in blood pressure?

28. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@dominobee: have you tried something caffeinated? That's usually helps me though I can't really stomach coffee these days.
    @bushelandapeck: @jodyblair: yay congrats on your baby boys!

I had an appointment yesterday and finally got to hear baby's heartbeat! What a sweet sweet sound. We have our NT scan on Tuesday so we'll finally get to see this little nugget then too. Starting to feel a little more real to me (apparently the intense morning sickness hasn't been enough to convince me ). We'll find out the gender at our anatomy scan which I scheduled yesterday for September 26! Right now I'm feeling like it's a boy.

29. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Of course my nausea returns the day of an ultrasound. Maybe it stopped because I've been off work and waking up on my own vs. an alarm?

Hoping a scan this morning will calm me down for the next week until our NT. I'm hoping to tell work next week. I'm sure they're wondering!

My nieces said they suspected it when I was home last month, so if a nine year old can tell, I bet older women can!

30. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: @petitenoisette: thank you!!

31. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: I hope the scan eases your worries today!

32. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Look at this cute little boy!

33. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

AND... I didn't have to take off my pants! Woo!

34. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM:

35. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@MaryM: Glad your mind is at ease. What a great pic!

I had just a regular appointment with my OB today - first with actual OB - and she had a hard time finding baby B to get the heartbeat. I was starting to panic but baby was just being difficult - all still seems good! Going to tell extended family this weekend and work after I come back from vacation next week! Don't have another appointment till September 12th when we'll find out baby B's sex!

36. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I told my two work bff's via text today. I'm not sure if I'll tell my boss Monday (our staff meeting was canceled) or Wednesday during my annual review

37. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@MaryM: yayyyy

38. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: so cute!!

39. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

I had the NT scan today, and baby was not cooperating at all. Baby wouldn't get into a profile position and so the tech couldn't measure the back of the baby's neck. She got one nasal bridge measurement but that was it. She tried so hard to get the baby into profile. I tried emptying my bladder gradually, turning to the left and the right, doing a downward dog (which ended up getting baby in a headstand, and in profile but not quite what we wanted). The tech said when she was looking at the posterior side of the baby she didn't see any evidence of thickening in that position so that was good, it's just that you can't take a measurement in that angle. We did a transvaginal as well to see if that would work and we got the baby with back facing us but head was turned in profile so we got the nasal bone that way but it distorted the neck! BLAST!

40. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@Tionn3: Sorry to hear that. What will that mean - do you have to go back?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee